It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:43 pm 
ADMIN

Farage is not "splitting the Brexit vote", Boris is. In fact Boris is STEALING votes from people who will vote Tory thinking they will get "Brexit" (by Christmas). Boris Treaty is STEALTH REMAIN. People wont be happy if/when they wake up. Having said all that, then BXP was never going to win many (any) seats in a FPTP election. I think Nigel had to make some gesture to get MSM, Remoaners, and even Leavers off his case. Focusing on 300 seats will be a bit easier as well

The Farage PLAN to go after Labour/DimLibs etc seats has problems on the face of it. There is STILL the issue of splitting the conservative vote, and so causing a Lab/Lib win. Also... as has been mentioned... Boris's plan relies retaining Torry seats (Farage gesture helps with that... maybe), but also in TAKING seats off the opposition.. so Tories will be competing against BXP still.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:17 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:52 am 
ADMIN

Brexit Party candidates: full list of the 317 seats Nigel Farage's party won't target in the general election

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/brexi ... ion-921248

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:41 am 
ADMIN

List of United Kingdom Liberal Democrat MPs (2017–2019)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... %80%932019)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:30 pm 
ADMIN

More Polls

https://twitter.com/britainelects/statu ... 8519759874

Based on that poll number, Electoral Calculus: National Prediction: Conservative majority 172 seats

The Average of recent polls to 9th November....
https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:02 pm 
ADMIN

I HAVE LOST THE PLOT - I don't see much point in following the election.
Boris will win, but he and Labour and DimLibs are all offering variations on REMAIN.. so result hardly matters.
It is NOT that Nigel and the BXP are not doing all they can.. They are! But the people (on both sides) have been conned. The ONLY BREXIT option is BXP and they have not got a snowball in hell's chance of winning a seat.
So... it will be PAY 39 billion, and much more, and REMAIN under EU rules, current and future . NO TRADE DEALS... especially with bad Orange Man.... and FULL STEAM AHEAD spending on imaginary "Climate Crisis".

Nah! Unless Boris stands down in a few seats..... Nigel can press on.
Unfortunately I can not see ANY good result for this election. Boris will get a majority, Farage will NOT win any seats. Boris will get his STEALTH REMAIN Treaty ratified. Boris WILL NOT honour any of the "promises" (lies) he spouted (as a fig leaf for Farage). The 39 billion and more will be paid. Transition period will be 3 years and more, and not end well for UK, if it ever ends at all.

Problem is.... Farage is unlikely to win a single seat in a FPTP election. He had to do something, but facilitating Boris just gets "Boris deal" which is NOT BREXIT. It is STEALTH REMAIN. Oh well... I am sure that Boris will get a healthy majority, he will ratify his STEALTH REMAIN Treaty. He WILL NOT honour the recent "promises". That was just the usual Electioneering "stump promises" (Lies). The people will get the Stealth Remain that they vote for (deserve).
Sadly I think the 25 year battle to leave EU is about to end in FAIL. UK will remain entangled with EU and there will no longer be a clear path to leave that situation. Nigel will retain his Day Job at LBC and there is a good chance he will receive a Peerage and pop up in the House of Lords occasionally.

DECEMBER 13th 2019... .BREXIT WILL BE OVER... but NOT in the way you are thinking.
Boris wins a healthy majority. The people get the STEALTH REMAIN that they voted for (deserve). Nigel is back doing his Day Job on LBC. The end.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:23 pm 
ADMIN

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_p ... l_election

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:36 pm 
ADMIN

I DO NOT WANT BORIS STEALTH REMAIN TREATY...

...and so I am not necessarily upset that Farage and BXP threaten to cost the Tories seats even in the Labour constituencies they are still running in. But it is not hard to make a case that BXP will gift seats to Labour, that Tories would (likely) win.

I looked at Hartlepool, because it is said to be a big HOPE for the BXP gaining a seat
(Richard Tice, BXP MEP, and BXP Chairman is standing there)

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcg ... Hartlepool

BXP very popular... 15% is way above their national poll (listed as 8% in these figures, has been reported as low as 4%)
Clearly last election results show, it is a LABOUR SEAT... but current polls show Labour margin dramatically cut (to 0.6%).
In fact IF BXP was not running, maybe a majority of the BXP 15% of the vote would go to Tory and so defeat Labour?

OF COURSE there are 4 weeks of Campaigning and Richard Tice may well boost his poll numbers a bit.. to say... 25%?... in his dreams. Still likely below Labour, and likely Labour will still be 30+%, Labour will still WIN unless Tories or BXP back down!! and push their supporters to the other Party.

----------------------
I am looking at Hartlepool, just as an example of the "Labour" seats that BXP is still running in. It's clearly a top HOPE for a seat for BXP. Richard Tice is standing there. Polls show BXP doing a lot better there than the 8% they show in National polls. The numbers are LAB 36.9%, Con 36.3%, and BXP 14.9% LABOUR WIN (Just 0.6% margin) unless either BXP OR Tories blink... either COULD win if the other stood down... just sayin'
It is VERY unlikely that BXP will win ANY seats in a FPTP election... but the Hartlepool situation is repeated in several (many?) Labour seats. BXP and TORY both standing will result in Labour win
I am NOT saying that Nigel should pull out!! I am convinced that Boris Deal is STEALTH REMAIN TREATY
I am more of the opinion that BORIS needs to pull out of constituencies where BXP could win! I know that Boris will not want to be seen to do that... but he could quietly back off in some constituencies. However I wont hold my breath waiting for Boris to do that.

----------------------------
Your last chance to get Brexit was an UPRISING after 29th March. When nothing happened it gave the game away... British people will put up with anything and do nothing. All that has happened since is just crap. Parliament, and "deals" (new EU Treaties), and Surrender acts and court cases, and extensions and "negotiating" another treaty, and Elections and non-aggression pacts and standing candidates down and "Transition periods" and extensions to "transition periods and negotiating alignment and negotiating "free-trade" etc etc... is a complete waste of time. You are getting Boris's STEALTH REMAIN... with much more EU shafting to follow... and a BILL for many billions for the pleasure of it all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:32 pm 
ADMIN

Comment exchange at Jeff Taylor video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K62vUTampio&t=1s

Quote:
Barry Vale
I have spent the last month delivering leaflets and papers for my Brexit Party MP and we were getting ready to deliver her election papers to then have Nigel decide to ditch 300 and odd MPs my MP being one of them.My Brexit MP has been working her socks off for the Brexit Party and she found out that she was getting ditched at the same time as the world did on the "F" ing news no advanced notice.My area had a Tory remainer MP he steped down for this election because he new he was going to get trashed.So Boris has sent up a new guy to replace Gutto.To say i am angery about this is an undersatement.It should be the Torys that step down in my area not the other way round.If Nigel thinks that am just going to give my vote to the Torys he can "F" off i did that last time and look what happened the s@#t stain ran off with my vote.I was not voting for the Brexit Party just for a clean Brexit I was voteing for it because they were going for a clean Brexit and for parliment to be reformed from this two party system.I feel "F" ing cheated so i will now not vote in this election and i know a lot of people feel and have said the same thing.

Quote:
Rumpoleful
I have some sympathy for Nigel. He had to make some sort of gesture... he had people from all political sides at him.. even his own party.. and the MSM of course. But.... I think he should have been more selective.. there are seats worth BXP fighting.. held by Remoaning Tories, as well as Labour, and as a trade off there are seats that Farage could have let Boris have. I'll have a look at your constituency.. Aberconwy?

It seems that Barry Vale is exaggerating.... :doh

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcg ... =Aberconwy

Aberconwy did vote 52.2% LEAVE in the Referendum, but it looks like a confirmed Tory constituency!

The friggin Brexit party is not even registering as a thing... so it is actually a seat the Nigel was sensible to DROP! :roll

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:24 am 
ADMIN

The moaning about BXP candidates being hard done by in Tory seats has not checked out where I have looked at the numbers. For instance, the Crawley candidate Wayne Bayley tweeted "F*** your election strategy and F*** Boris"
The latest poll numbers for Crawley: Con 52.6%, BXP not registering (< 6th Party)...... 83% chance of Tory win
Crawley did vote 58.41 leave in referendum

The latest poll numbers Arundel and South Downs: Con 62.3%, BXP not registering (< 6th Party) ... 97% chance of Tory win
Arundel and South Downs: Leave 49.7%

----------------------
Brexit was delayed to 29th March.. that was a con. Brexit was finally betrayed on 29th March. BREXIT DIED on 29th March. The people did nothing (mostly). Brexit is DEAD. You are getting Boris STEALTH REMAIN... just to shut you up for a few more years.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:00 pm 
ADMIN

Aylesbury (UK Parliament constituency)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aylesbury ... nstituency)

Ex Army Paz 49 constituency?

51.79% leave, Held by Tories (so BXP pulled out) 93% chance of Tory win this election.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:35 am 
ADMIN

Boris Johnson ‘offers Nigel Farage a last-minute election pact vowing to abandon 40 Labour-held seats to the Brexit Party if they stand down elsewhere – but the deal is rebuffed’

• Boris Johnson's last-minute electoral pact reportedly rebuffed by Nigel Farage
  • PM said he would abandon 40 Labour-held seats to Brexit Party in Leave-alliance
  • Mr Farage reportedly turned the deal down insisting the Tories withdraw entirely

By Rod Ardehali For Mailonline and Jack Doyle for the Daily Mail
Published: 11:55 AEDT, 14 November 2019 | Updated: 12:54 AEDT, 14 November 2019

Boris Johnson offered a last-minute electoral pact to Nigel Farage vowing to ditch 40 Labour-held seats to the Brexit Party if they stood down elsewhere - but the deal was rebuffed, it was reported.

Under the proposal, the Tories would have put up 'paper candidates' in dozens of Labour strongholds and done little campaigning in an attempt to give the Brexit Party a free run.

But the deal was turned down by Mr Farage, who insisted on the Tories withdrawing their candidates entirely - so they did not appear on the ballot paper, the Telegraph reported.

Talks finally broke down late on Tuesday but as the deadline for nominations looms, Mr Farage remains under intense pressure to make further concessions beyond the 317 candidates he has already stood down from running in Tory seats.

Last night a Tory spokesman appeared to deny the claim saying: 'We don't do electoral pacts, as we have been very clear.'

...more at link
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -pact.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:23 am 
ADMIN

I am pleased that Nigel rejected this "Pact"

I wouldn't trust Boris and Tories to honour it... and besides it would be a LOSS OF FACE for the BXP.
They did enough with standing down 317 Conservative seat candidates... no more APPEASEMENT with Lab held seats.
I don't WANT the damned Tories to win anyway... STEALTH BREXIT.... :doh

But..... who knows if Nigel will hold out? TODAY at 4:00pm is deadlune to register candidates... watch this space.... :roll

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:23 pm 
ADMIN

General election 2019: Scottish candidate lists confirmed

The SNP, the Conservatives, Labour and the Lib Dems are expected to stand in all 59 of Scotland's constituencies.

The Greens have put forward a total of 22 candidates - up from three in 2017 - while the Brexit Party and UKIP are also contesting multiple seats.

...more at link
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-sc ... s-50424340

-----------------------
Nigel Farage threatens to report Tories to police over attempts to get Brexit Party candidates to stand down
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 00056.html

-----------------------------
Brussels suing UK in row over naming new commissioner ...

The European commission has said it is launching “infringement proceedings” against the UK after the government refused to nominate a new British EU commissioner.

Guardian LIVE BLOG
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... -live-news

---------------------
BTW. Farage CAN NOT "reactivate" the 317 candidates that stood down in Tory seats. NOMINATIONS of candidates CLOSED at 4:00 pm today. No more can be added (I believe there is one day for individual candidates to withdraw, without a replacement name). I did read 1 BXP guy withdrew, to give Tory a free run, and so BXP lose that seat as a potential seat

----------------------

Brexit Party candidate withdraws minutes before election deadline to back Boris Johnson
BREXIT PARTY candidate Rupert Lowe has pulled out of the general election just minutes before the deadline for nominations passed.

Mr Lowe said he was standing down in the key Dudley North seat amid fears his presence on the ballot paper would take votes from the Tories and help Labour to victory. Announcing his decision on Twitter he said: “It is with a heavy heart I have decided not to contest Dudley North as a Brexit Party candidate. I am putting country before party as it is highly conceivable my candidacy could allow Corbyn’s Momentum candidate to win. They are simply not fit to govern.”
By Simon Osborne
PUBLISHED: 16:20, Thu, Nov 14, 2019 | UPDATED: 17:07, Thu, Nov 14, 201

...more at link
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... tory-party

----------------------
Farage fury: Brexit party leader enraged by Rupert Lowe’s decision to quit election
By Emily Ferguson
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Fri, Nov 15, 2019 | UPDATED: 11:03, Fri, Nov 15, 2019

NIGEL FARAGE made a furious phone call to Rupert Lowe following his decision to withdraw as the Brexit Party candidate for Dudley North just minutes before the deadline for election nominations passed, Express.co.uk can reveal.

...more at link
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... dley-north

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:39 pm 
ADMIN

By way of a bit of silliness.... Based Amy running in Broxtowe V Anna Soubry.

Kind of awkward since Amy is in middle of case of Harassment for calling Soubry a traitor. I think there is a LOT more to this case. Amy is "gagged" but even if she gave details of her case, she would NOT give all the info. Soubry is liar, and so she wouldn't supply whole truth either.. but my guess this case involves "Stalking" by a "crazy person"
Apparently the Court has imposed BAN on Amy being in Broxtowe... Amy clearly IS stalking Soubry.. and judge NOT falling for the standing for seat ploy :)
(Case adjourned today.. to next Tuesday).

James Goddard who also had court case V Anna Soubry.. called her a Nazi (he was found guilty) and has restrictions on him being in Parliament area in London. He has been claiming that HE was going to run in Broxtowe as well, but it seems he failed to register???
APPARENTLY Despite a lot of effort to get endorsements from 10 voters etc... they managed to find some fault in his paperwork!! :doh

Broxtowe (UK Parliament constituency)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broxtowe_ ... nstituency)

BROXTOWE - Vote 52.5% LEAVE in Referendum

The English Democrat Party, what little I have seen comprised of "Daddy Dragon".. who is a BELIEVER IN Q :lol
Q stuff relates to USA...Believing in Q Larp in USA is bad enough, but finding hidden messages for UK people is well...... INSANE!! :roll
The Party advocates "ENGLISH INDEPENDENCE.. in the same way you have Scottish Independence party and Plaid Cymru (Welsh Independence), and Northern Irish separate parliament..... I take the point that England is entitled to an independence party.. same as the others.. all equally nuts. :roll

Soubry is standing for her own made up CUK Party

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcg ... t=Broxtowe

Should be a CON hold.. no BXP to "split vote", but who knows if Soubry will attract many votes at all? And from where?
She certainly will bot win. She could at a pinch stuff things up for Tories and facilitate a Lab win?

Both Lablor and Con candidate look presentable enough, so from here I can't pick it. Perhaps rather that down to BREXIT as an issue, it will come down to local issues?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:24 pm 
ADMIN

https://twitter.com/britainelects/statu ... 4337840128

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:07 pm 
ADMIN

Seems Farage has NOT filed candidates in all the Constituencies he could?

Pulled back in 39, leaving 293 seats contested??

Some that do not have BXP candidate...
Dudley north (Rupert Lowe withdrew at last moment)
Bristol North West
Canterbury
Central Ayershire (Scotland) :roll
North East Fife (more Scotland)
North Ayershire and Aaran (Scotland again)
Lanark and Hamilton East (Scotland)
Argyll and Bute (Scotland)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:21 pm 
ADMIN

Farage pulls out of second Black Country rally as he hits out at 'double-crossing' Rupert Lowe
By Peter Madeley | Wolverhampton | General Election 2019 | Published: 1 hour ago

Nigel Farage has cancelled his appearance at a rally in Wolverhampton tonight as turmoil continued to engulf his party.

The Brexit Party leader had been due to address supporters at The Willows, in Willenhall, but pulled out just hours before the event was due to start.

It comes after this morning's planned rally at Dudley Town Hall, where Mr Farage was also due to speak, was scrapped after the Brexit Party was left without a single candidate in Dudley borough.

The Willenhall event is due to go ahead from 7pm, with West Midlands MEP Martin Daubney drafted in as a replacement lead speaker. Tickets for both events were priced at £2.50.

...more at link
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/pol ... pert-lowe/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:26 pm 
ADMIN

Looks like Farage in Ashfield instead...

with candidate Martin Daubney (current BXP MEP)

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcg ... t=Ashfield

Ashfield: Referendum 70.47% Leave

Con Lee Anderson
Lab Natalie Fleet
BXP Martin Daubney

Looks to me like BXP have a good chance... or Tory.. or they split it and Labour win :wall

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:51 pm 
ADMIN

This looks like good news.... Shame telegraph behind pay wall (mostly)...

Labour is on the brink of the most seismic wipeout in British election history
Sherelle Jacobs Daily Telegraph Columnist
14 November 2019

The polls and BBC have failed to pick up on the biggest shocker of this election

This could actually be it – the end of Labour. Some may scoff, pointing out that it has narrowed the gap with the Tories in some polls. But on the ground, in the heartlands, the party smells of death.

Before the darkness always comes that euphoric moment of clarity. The Liberals felt it in 1924, when they suddenly grasped that the working-classes – towards whom they felt deep intellectual ambivalence – were about to sweep them away. Their push to make amends came too late. Today, Labour MPs across the Midlands, North and Wales are so certain the end is coming that, as one Tory puts it, “they are not even bothering...

...more at link
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... n-history/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next