It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:33 pm 
ADMIN

Welcome to RT "Optimistic" :51

You may have see back in this thread I already quoted you from CTH.. :)

We do need some optimism.... mine is somewhat subdued

Good points about the Video... and the lack of media interest? It is astonishing.

As you say... maybe they are requesting the video... but I kinda doubt it.

It is as if the media collectively are heavily sedated when it comes to this case.. at least one "side" of this case...

Perhaps even lobotomised or recent recipients of EST.... Images from "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" come to mind.

edit:
You are not stuck with that avatar pic.. you can replace with any pic you like
I am happy to help if you have a pic in mind

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:55 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Link from CTH......

Mark O'Mara on FOX 35 May 29 2013

Just after 2:30 O'Mara say:

"...It's too late to seek indigence"

He's had quite a bit of time. There has to be a financial reason he has never sought it.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:01 pm 

John_Galt wrote:
Why Nelson was pissed at West:

West disclosed to the media that Nelson conducted a hearing, closed in violation of Florida Sunshine Law, at which Nelson entertained an oral motion to sequester the jury, and who knows what else. West said that Nelson ruled that the jury would be sequestered. Nelson said that she didn't.

Note that Nelson has granted most everything else that Bernie asked for, but denied two motions to gag. Why? Because gag orders are immediately appealable and media attorneys would promptly appeal and likely get Nelson reversed.

Nelson is hypersensitive to the media and the Sunshine Law, as was Lester. Recall that Lester also wanted to keep things secret, but lamented that his hands were tied by the Sunshine Law.

Who was present in the courtroom when Nelson lashed out at West and denied ruling on an oral motion to sequester the jury at a secret hearing? A media attorney.

One would think that with all the "legal experts" commenting on this case, at least one of them would jump on this.

Edit to add: Credit Chip for also pointing this out a time or two.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:18 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
From GZ Legal Site

http://www.gzlegalcase.com/

MEDIA COMPANIES' BRIEF REGARDING ELECTRONIC COVERAGE OF JURORS AND IMPANELING AN ANONYMOUS JURY

on 30 May 2013.
The following document has been filed with the Court.

MEDIA COMPANIES' BRIEF REGARDING ELECTRONIC COVERAGE OF JURORS AND IMPANELING AN ANONYMOUS JURY
http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513/me ... _brief.pdf

"...the passion that this case has stirred in the community has been expressed in peaceful, non-violent ways. There simply is no basis for an order permanently withholding juror names and information from the press and public."

WANTED - DEAD OR ALIVE

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:35 pm 

Speaking of the media, check out the Media Companies' Brief Regarding Electronic Coverage of Jurors and Impaneling an Anonymous Jury at http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513/media_companies_brief.pdf.

You can't get a much better example of willful blindness than this one starting at the bottom of page 3 (emphasis added by me):

"Additionally, Defendant has not come forward with any evidence establishing - or even suggesting - that jurors will face intimidation or harassment if their names are released upon being impaneled or discharged, or who might attempt to intimidate or harass them. In fact, and has been previously noted by the Court, the passion that this case has stirred in the community has been expressed in peaceful, non-violent ways."

:eek :wall

Edit to add: I see ya beat me to it, kbp! Oh well, it's worth saying twice.

Last edited by LandauMurphyFan on Thu May 30, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:35 pm 

LandauMurphyFan wrote:
JG, you've missed your calling. You should be writing lyrics for someone like Weird Al Jankovic. Your lyrics are a hoot! :lol

I second that! Great work (no pun intended) Mr. Galt.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:38 pm 

mung wrote:
Trayvon was just getting candy and George got out of the car. The prosecution rests.

Rumpole wrote:
Yes I know... a variation on the Scheme Team narrative seems likely...

But if BDLR does that then he "Opens the Door" on all the stuff about TM bad acts etc.

I could easily write a Traybot opening Statement... but not something that describes Murder2 and does not reference either or both TM and GZ character, possible motivations etc.

My 3-legged cat could write a Traybot outline :6

I think I've already posted this here.
Bernie's opening (without DD):

TM thought he noticed a vehicle following him (as he was walking with Skittles!).

TM saw the vehicle stop nowhere near a home, evidently for the driver to scope him out.

TM cased the vehicle to see what the driver was doing, knowing he could get a big lead to escape if the driver tried to get out and chase him.

TM then "skipped" off hiding behind houses to avoid the driver watching him and prevent that driver from scoping him out.

TM noticed the driver got out and started to follow him, while talking on the phone to an unknown accomplice maybe …maybe there was two of them, what could they want of TM????

TM hid to see what that driver was doing, not being certain he could escape that driver observing where he was if he went into Brandi's house.

After GZ got off the phone - after the dispatcher had told him he did not need to follow the chile - TM realized the guy would not quit looking for him and TM decided to just ask the man WTH was going on.

GZ reached for ______ something, maybe a weapon… maybe TM saw it. TM struck him out of fear for himself, the guy had been scoping him out and talking to someone, could he have a gun or knife?

TM saw the gun holster at some point, the timing of that may or may not be 100% accurate in the story GZ told, but GZ claims TM saw that weapon.

TM knew he could not outrun the bullet, so his only defense was to disarm GZ

…and

TM screamed for help while trying to defend himself.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:42 pm 

LandauMurphyFan wrote:
Speaking of the media, check out the Media Companies' Brief Regarding Electronic Coverage of Jurors and Impaneling an Anonymous Jury at http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513/media_companies_brief.pdf.

You can't get a much better example of willful blindness than this one starting at the bottom of page 3 (emphasis added by me):

"Additionally, Defendant has not come forward with any evidence establishing - or even suggesting - that jurors will face intimidation or harassment if their names are released upon being impaneled or discharged, or who might attempt to intimidate or harass them. In fact, and has been previously noted by the Court, the passion that this case has stirred in the community has been expressed in peaceful, non-violent ways."

:eek :wall

Edit to add: I see ya beat me to it, kbp! Oh well, it's worth saying twice.

WANTED - DEAD OR ALIVE

It grabbed my attention because I was floored that nothing was done about that reward offered.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:49 pm 

kbp wrote:
"...It's too late to seek indigence"

He's had quite a bit of time. There has to be a financial reason he has never sought it.

IIRC, filing for Indigency was avoided because it would take away funds that have been supporting GZ and SZ in their living arrangements. They would in effect have nothing to live on. Shellie would have to go to parents or somewhere and GZ would end up back in jail since they couldn't afford to pay for services like the monitoring by LE.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:15 pm 
ADMIN

WrongonRed wrote:
Thought I would post this:

ZIMMERMAN DEFENSE FUND OUT OF MONEY

http://www.gzdefensefund.com/donate/ind ... t-of-money

Zimmerman - You Never Give Me Your Money

Zimmerman Legal Defense Fund Trust

http://www.gzdefensefund.com/donate/

Donate to the George Zimmerman Defense Fund via PayPal:

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:27 pm 

KBP,

While I agree that BDLR may want to say that, there's a big problem with most of the lines. Even if BDLR wants to bring in W8 to say that that's what Trayvon told her, it doesn't get in, because of the same issue that BDLR wants to hammer the defense with. Its hearsay. W8 has no personal knowledge of it, and there's no hearsay exception that I'm aware of that substantiates it. Not even a dying declaration. If BDLR tries to go with res gestae, then what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and George's statements in the NEN call come in (even though BDLR filed a motion in limine against them), opening the character evidence can of worms, without George having to testify to his earlier statements, which is what BDLR wants more than anything else. If the Court lets BDLR use "statements made as part of the act", but tries not to let the defense use the same rule, during the same act, it becomes completely clear that its a kangaroo court, and Nelson's hope for the Supreme Court goes out the window.
Unless there is some big piece of evidence not yet publicly disclosed, BDLR's "prosecution" should have been over before it started. As Dershowitz correctly said, even if George had started the fight, after 40 seconds of being beaten, and with no retreat (corroborated by W6, an uninvolved, unbiased witness), he still has a self defense claim. The available evidence (not speculation) precludes the beyond a reasonable doubt standard from being found. Add in the fact that George had called the police at the outset, and the damage that George took during the fight, the charges never should have been brought. We still haven't asked why Trayvon didn't just go home with a big head start.
As far as BDLR being the bad guy, I'm not so sure. Don't underestimate him. The gangs say something along the lines of plato o plomo. I'm sure we can all think of things that could constitute both offers. And yeah, the "drunken response" sure looked like a play to get reassigned off the case, and I really wonder why he wasn't.

Last edited by Optimistic on Thu May 30, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:07 pm 

I think the NEN call, if Barry wants to use it, covers all except:

- GZ reached for ______ something, maybe a weapon… maybe TM saw it. TM struck him out of fear for himself, the guy had been scoping him out and talking to someone, could he have a gun ot knife?

- TM saw the gun holster at some point, the timing of that may or may not be 100% accurate in the story GZ told, but GZ claims TM saw that weapon.

- TM knew he could not outrun the bullet, so his only defense was to disarm GZ

Those parts look to require GZ's statements from one or more of his LE interviews. None I listed looked like DD (#8) was necessary, IMO.

If you eliminate both DD's testimony and GZ's statements, Bernie has very little left to use.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:22 pm 
ADMIN

Video posted at CTH......

Honesty – Dr Manning Explains The Reason For The Upcoming Zimmerman “Lynching”…
Posted on May 30, 2013 by sundance

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -lynching/

They are Going to Lynch George Zimmerman

Published on May 30, 2013
http://www.atlah.org The Manning Report

Dr. James David Manning explains that if the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman incident was a Black on Black Crime the Dung Head Media would have never reported it.
Recorded on 29 May 2013.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:33 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Respectfully snipped for space...

Dr. James David Manning explains that if the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman incident was a Black on Black Crime the Dung Head Media would have never reported it.

There were 24 homicides in Chicago this past April - 7 of the victims were under the age of 20.

No outrage - no demonstrations - no marches.

The silence is both deafening and telling.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:40 pm 
ADMIN

It was a GREAT point that Dr Manning stressed....

At this stage (as well as from the outset) its is the MEDIA who set the course of events.

The Julison/Crump Scheme Team did a good job of getting the media to push their false narrative.

If there is to be a sea change... then the media have to shape up. The CTH Sundance blog yesterday noting some glimmers of hope in reports (Tide Turning) needs to gain a lot more traction... then perhaps we can avoid the Lynchin' of George Zimmerman.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:29 pm 

I have long believed that West was setting a trap for BLDR, while carefully plotting a course to get him into a depo and worse.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:38 pm 

jordan2 wrote:
I have long believed that West was setting a trap for BLDR, while carefully plotting a course to get him into a depo and worse.

I find that reasonable, however, Judge Nelson for whatever reasons which I suspect has to do with West's former status, has a clear dislike for him. That should have been a factor. Every time I see his name first on a Motion with O'Mara's underneath, I inwardly groan.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:48 pm 
ADMIN

My feeling watching Nelson in action is that she is WAY out of her depth.

I think the Florida justice system can not be this bad... she must have superiors who can see her performance... will give her some discrete warnings... but it never happens. The notion that lower court judges can stuff up... because it can all be fixed on appeal is silly... and seriously tragic if George is convicted and imprisoned while the appeal process plays out.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:10 am 
ADMIN

THREAD LOCKED

Please Continue discussion at

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Discussion #6
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=941

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51