It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Different girls or same girl?
Same Girl 32%  32%  [ 9 ]
Different Girls 68%  68%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 28
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:37 am 
ADMIN

A Poll idea from "John Galt" at CTH

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ent-340536

POLL: Different girls or same girl?

Now that we have CLEAR audio of Dee Dee interviewed by Crump,
how does the Dee Dee voice on this tape compare with the voice
we hear on BDLR's "Deposition" of Dee Dee on April 2

Zimmerman: ABC News (Gutman): Sample of Clear Audio of Dee Dee - Crump

Discovery: DeeDee's Statement to the State Attorney (FULL)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:00 am 

DEFINITELY 2 different voices IMO. Never realized it until i listened to both of these..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:39 pm 

This was a hard call to make.

ABC Video - voice clear, "higher" in pitch, younger sounding

BLDR Video - voice "lower" pitch and in this one, the person speaking seems to almost have a lisp/speech impediment where she is placing her tongue up against her teeth at the roof of her mouth, where on the ABC clip, the speaker doesn't have this.

I wondered, also, if by the ABC tape being so "clear" and possibly cleaned up, that maybe that accounted for the difference in sounds? I really wanted to say they are the SAME girl, but ultimately succumbed to peer pressure...... :95 .... :blush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:49 pm 
ADMIN

Early results (Exit Polls) indicate a LANDSLIDE for "Different Girls"

So far it's unanimous 8 out of 8

(I added an absentee vote for Sundance) :24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:43 pm 

I voted same girl, for 2 reasons, the differences in the recording devices and methods could alter her voice. I know people are also mentioning speech patterns, but that can be easily explained by who she was talking in each instance. In the first instance she is talking to Crump and other family members, peers which she can relate and talk in the manner she would normally speak. The second interview was with BDLR, so she would try to speak in a more formal way. Kind of how people change accents depending on the location or who they talk to. A better example is how teen talk to each other, compared to how they talk to adults, the changes can be drastic. 2 reason, someone had to vote same girl and not succumb to peer pressure, I am just trying to be a rebel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:26 pm 

I agree with you, boricua, and should have voted same girl. But I have no worries about breaking my perfect poll record with this poll ( :Q25 ) as I don't think the truth about this will ever be brought to light (much like everything else in this case!).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:11 pm 

Remote wrote:
I agree with you, boricua, and should have voted same girl. But I have no worries about breaking my perfect poll record with this poll ( :Q25 ) as I don't think the truth about this will ever be brought to light (much like everything else in this case!).

That is perhaps one of the most truthful, yet annoying things about this case. There will always be questions, that will never be answered. :53

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:01 am 

We're gonna need another Dee Dee! Yep... 2 Dee Dees (so far).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:06 am 
ADMIN

Hi Jello.... nice avatar... suits you. :24

I will make it a little wider.... annoyingly avatar effects left margin.... don't panic I will fix it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:12 am 

Yeah, when I went to change avatars, I noticed it specified an upper limit for the size. So I did a Google search and found one that was under the limit, but it still wasn't quite right. Go ahead and fix it... Ian will be most appreciative.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:21 am 
ADMIN

"Problem" is proportions... its too high when width is correct... I cropped it a little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:22 am 

boricuafudd wrote:
Remote wrote:

That is perhaps one of the most truthful, yet annoying things about this case. There will always be questions, that will never be answered. :53

I've said that from the beginning. What is so frustrating to me is that there is either a witness or documentation for every event except the actual shooting itself and that is such a small sliver of time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:31 am 

I voted same girl because she seems to use the same illiterate phrasing in both tapes. The voice does sound different, but in the second one her speech pattern is so slow it is almost as though she is drugged.

I kind of feel about this the same way I feel about the phone records. I can't imagine that the prosecutors would accept this without checking out not only the records but the person involved. But I could be wrong.

For me though, it really doesn't matter. I just plain don't believe her story whether it is one or more characters involved. No normal person would hear what she claims she heard and upon hearing he had been killed would not know they were the last person who talked to him. Also, her behavior after such a conversation is counterintuitive to the behavior of anyone with an ounce of decency. This makes me think either she didn't hear anything or what she heard doesn't reflect very well on Mr. Martin.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:02 pm 

Totally agree, if she was on the phone with TM, which is yet to be proven. What she is relating may bear little or no bearing to what actually was said. The need to excuse the lack of concern, in not reporting what she knew. Not attending both the funeral and the wake due to a lie. All of this indicates that she is either making stuff up, or not being truthful about the events. Perhaps the I feel guilt in BDLR's interview is a clue.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:55 pm 

I voted for 2 different girls strictly because of the emphasis the second one puts on her words. It is unusual. And, I don't hear that from the first girl.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:57 pm 
ADMIN

Hi auscitizenmom :32

Glad to see you over here from CTH

Found an avatar pic (aus)
As always... change it if you have another preference.. or let me know

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:58 am 

auscitizenmom wrote:
I voted for 2 different girls strictly because of the emphasis the second one puts on her words. It is unusual. And, I don't hear that from the first girl.

I have to agree on this point. The clarity of the wording and articulation just aren't the same. Also the voice is of a lower pitch, IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:05 pm 

I am convinced it is the same girl, speaking in two different environments. In one (the Crump interview) she feels somewhat comfortable and uses her natural, everyday speaking voice, vocabulary, and habits. In the other (the BDLR interview) she puts on her "Sunday Go To Meeting" manners, and enunciates more clearly, chooses her words a little better, and TRIES to overcome her bad speaking habits. (unfortunately for her, she has become so inured to a "sub-dialect" that she cannot avoid using certain phrases like "run from the back" which are so natural to her that she simply CANNOT formulate a better way to explain herself.)

ALSO, some of what she says to Crump MUST be repeated to BDLR, so she does it word-for-word, trying to be consistent.

IMHO: A good trial lawyer SHOULD be able to trip her up on the stand, or during a deposition, if a sincere effort is made to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:47 am 

I finally got around to the voting, lol, I take my time like that. I voted same girl. Though I can appreciate the 2dd theory I believe there was and always has been one girl.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:24 am 

Same girl

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next