It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:55 pm 

Has anyone seen any news on when Nelson may complete the hearing on sanctions?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:36 pm 

kbp wrote:

Not a thing yet. I think it is all tied up with the Kruibos lawsuit. Since Fl is investigating the SAO office for violating the Whistle Blowers in the firing of Ben. If he is allowed to continue his suit, as I think he should be able to do, proving that Corey hid evidence would be a plus for The Defense. cobldt, a lawyer at TL, said that he didn't think that Ben K would be successful because he should have gone to his superiors first rather than a lawyer.

I don't remember if I was joking here or at TL but I said that Bernie was being very clever> ( Bernie = :26 :91 ) by releasing the raw data bin rather than the compiled reports. That is going to be the sticking point, IMO. They are going to restate that they gave them everything they needed and weren't trying to hide anything. Nelson would never agree that by consistently denying their requests for continuance would have hindered them from hiring experts to decipher that bin file.

Best Guess all the way around... DENIED! DENIED! DENIED! DENIED! DENIED! DENIED! DENIED! DENIED!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:43 am 

Unfortunately, you're probably right on all counts, Deb.

Add to it that the defense was clearly not prejudiced because GZ was acquitted - said in my snarkiest Nelson "denied" voice. Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:02 pm 

kbp wrote:

DebFrmHell wrote:
Not a thing yet. I think it is all tied up with the Kruibos lawsuit. Since Fl is investigating the SAO office for violating the Whistle Blowers in the firing of Ben. If he is allowed to continue his suit, as I think he should be able to do, proving that Corey hid evidence would be a plus for The Defense. cobldt, a lawyer at TL, said that he didn't think that Ben K would be successful because he should have gone to his superiors first rather than a lawyer.

I don't remember if I was joking here or at TL but I said that Bernie was being very clever> ( Bernie = :26 :91 ) by releasing the raw data bin rather than the compiled reports. That is going to be the sticking point, IMO. They are going to restate that they gave them everything they needed and weren't trying to hide anything. Nelson would never agree that by consistently denying their requests for continuance would have hindered them from hiring experts to decipher that bin file.

Best Guess all the way around... DENIED! DENIED! DENIED! DENIED! DENIED! DENIED! DENIED! DENIED!

I suspect Ben made out a report to force Bermie to play his hand on it, but nobody can prove that was Ben's plan.

Ben provided a report to Bernie.
Bernie NEVER shared that report with the defense.
Ben has every right to seek a legal opinion from an attorney outside his office of employment.

I'm not aware of MOM claiming he did not get the data dump, he wanted reports on it and Bernie said MOM could get his own expert. The state had a report on hand ...Ben's report.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:23 am 

Think of it like a prosecutor having possesion of the following DNA test results where parentage is in question:

A) DNA test data,
B) A qualified tech's report displaying that 7 of 14 alles match and
C) An experienced expert's report showing that displaying that 7 of 14 alles do not match;

of which the prosecutor only shared A and C.

Of the reports, only B shows the confirmation of likelihood of parentage, it is still hidden in A.

In such a scenario, NOBODY could deny that the prosecutor INTENTIONALLY violated the rules by withholding B. Bernie withheld B.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:48 pm 

I have no faith in Nelson to do the right thing.

What bothers me is the raw data bin. Everything was on that. I think that was a subterfuge where the SAO could claim that The Defense received everything they had.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:10 am 
ADMIN

Did I miss anything?

What happened to this? Surely it has been resolved one way or the other?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:31 pm 

You haven't missed a thing...Snooze-A-Rama!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:03 am 

Unbelievable.. not a word of any kind about such a serious violation. Bernie should be in a jail but gets to drink through the holidays and flap his wings at us.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:01 pm 

still no updates? wow.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:08 pm 

I could be wrong, but I think there's a hearing around the 14th. I'll see if I can find it on the website (hard to do on this comp), so don't quote me yet!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:00 pm 
ADMIN

Seems Judge Nelson has recused herself from the GZ Murder2 case. I assume that includes the outstanding matter of sanctions against BDLR and a Judicial Inquiry?

Maybe coincidental.. or perhaps something to do with Nelson's own part in questionable things during (and before) the trial??

Seminole County Clerk of Court

http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CriminalDo ... 2CF001083A

Recent Entries:

MURDER IN THE SECOND DEGREE
10/29/2013 RFRE RECEIPT FOR RELEASE OF EVIDENCE
10/24/2013 MEMO MEMORANDUM TO THE JUDGE: EXHIBITS ETNERED AT TRIAL FOR THIS CASE WERE RELEASED.
10/24/2013 MEMO HOWEVER, WE STILL HAVE EXHIBITS FROM THE BOND MOTION HEARING THAT WERE ENTERED
10/24/2013 MEMO ON JUNE 29, 2012 AND SEALED UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF THE COURT. SHALL WE RELEASE
10/24/2013 MEMO THE EXHIBITS ENTERED DURING THE BOND MOTION HEARING TO THE DEFENSE ATTORNEY, OR
10/24/2013 MEMO ARE THEY TO REMAIN SEALED?
10/24/2013 FREE JUDGE'S RESPONSE: RELEASE EXHIBITS TO ATTORNEYS
10/11/2013 MEMO MEMORANDUM TO THE JUDGE: DEFENSE EXHIBITS 1,5,6,7,9 AND 12, ENTERED DURING THE
10/11/2013 MEMO BOND MOTION HEARING ON JUNE 29, 2012, WERE SEALED UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF THE
10/11/2013 MEMO COURT. THE EXHIBITS ENTERED DURING THE TRIAL WERE RELEASED BY JUDGE NELSON.
10/11/2013 MEMO SHALL WE RELEASE THE EXHIBITS ENTERED ON JUNE 29, 2012 TO THE DEFENSE ATTORNEY,
10/11/2013 MEMO OR ARE THEY TO REMAIN SEALED?
10/11/2013 FREE JUDGE'S RESPONSE: I HAVE RECUSED MYSELF FROM ANY FURTHER ACTION IN THIS CASE.
10/11/2013 FREE THIS MATTER SHOULD BE DECIDED BY JUDGE NELSON.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:57 am 

Rumpole, IIRC, I believe this was Judge Lester saying he recused himself, and that it was some of the stuff was from the bond hearing? I do remember this being talked about, either at TCH or Nettles.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:06 am 
ADMIN

Can you find a link to where it was discussed, Mimi?

The date 10/11/2013 is a "coon's age" after Lester recused himself, August 2012 (no racism intended)

Do you mean somebody approached Lester and he is responding that he recused himself a year ago??

(The info about NBC suit already in that thread)
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=982&p=66784#p66775

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:40 am 
ADMIN

Story from general GZ discussion also relevant here......

George Zimmerman: I want to quit fighting in court with Angela Corey
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
9:02 p.m. EST, March 4, 2014

SANFORD — Former Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman says he's done fighting in court with Special Prosecutor Angela Corey.

In paperwork filed at the Seminole County criminal courthouse Feb. 20, Zimmerman says he is giving up his promised fight to make the state pay his legal bills.

He's also wants to put an end to his lawyers' fight with prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda, whom they had asked a judge to punish, alleging unethical behavior, including hiding evidence.

If Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson agrees, that would clear the way for Zimmerman to move forward with his defamation suit against NBCUniversal. A hearing in that case is scheduled Friday.

Zimmerman alleges that NBC falsely portrayed him as a racist.

...more at link

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 1564.story

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:12 am 
ADMIN

THIS is the final nail in the coffin... no sanctions on Bernie...or Judicial inquiry!

Court Documents
http://www.flcourts18.org/page.php?129

2/25/14 State's Response To Defendant's Notice Of Voluntary Dismissal Of Any Future Hearings And Of All Pending Issues
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Rel ... 5_2014.pdf

2/20/14 Notice Of Voluntary Dismissal Of Any Future Hearings And Of All Pending Issues
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Rel ... 0_2014.pdf

Spoiler: