It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:12 pm 

Just when I think it can't get more infuriating...these people are truly living in an alternate universe.

Mural shows man shooting likeness of Trayvon Martin

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/mural- ... index.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:23 pm 

Email Governor Scott, this has got to stop, enough is enough!

http://www.flgov.com/contact-gov-scott/ ... -governor/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:33 pm 

Graphic painting of Zimmerman shooting Martin unveiled at Florida capitol

SEE MURAL
Spoiler:

TALLAHASSEE - A graphic painting depicting George Zimmerman shooting Trayvon Martin was unveiled at the Florida Capitol rotunda Friday.

The Miami-based artist, Huong, joined protesters, referred to as the Dream Defenders, on their 25th day of camping out at the capital as they urge Florida Gov. Rick Scott to change the Stand Your Ground law.

The painting, “We Are All Trayvon Martin” shows Zimmerman firing a gun at a figure wearing a hoodie, but the painting includes a mirror where Martin's face would be to convey that the shooting could have happened to anyone.

Huong also created a 50 feet long and 8 feet high mural with people who have fought for freedom and equality worldwide.

There are also a lot of blank spaces, encouraging people to write their thoughts about Trayvon Martin and social issues.

The artist wants his painting to start a discussion on the kind government and society people want.

Houng also hopes to display the painting in Washington, D.C.

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/state/graphic-mural-of-zimmerman-shooting-martin-unveiled-at-florida-capitol#ixzz2bWMuXuXv

Edit: H/T to Dman for the original link.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:01 pm 

I am still hoping that someone will do a factual full length documentary about this case.. maybe a multipart series. Releasing facts piecemeal is not going to cut it. Is there a media outlet brave enough to televise the truth?

I feel sure that several books will be published but who would buy read them unless they supported the author's position.

Jack Cashill's book appears to be ready but do you know of any Trayvonites who would even read it?

p://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/if-i-had-a ... 067211&r=1

Maybe Crump, Jackson, Sharpton and Holder will oblige the BGI to speak up for THEIR people?

Goodness, gracious. Lord, help me!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:04 pm 

IIRC, no one can publicly display paintings at the Capitol w/o approval of the legislative body. OTH, who dares to stop them?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:24 pm 

jordan2 wrote:
IIRC, no one can publicly display paintings at the Capitol w/o approval of the legislative body. OTH, who dares to stop them?

Then who is liable for what that mural depicts? Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:51 pm 

Some pro George groups should commission an artist to paint a mural of the actual event. George on the bottom, hooded figure on top, raining down blows, George appearing to be screaming covered with bruises, distorted nose. March it up to the capital and demand equal time. It's time for some push back, but who will have the ba*** to do it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:18 pm 

If we must have someone in a picture of George, I'd go for the two young children he gave loving care to.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:58 pm 

YOU SAID:

jordan2 wrote:

Then who is liable for what that mural depicts?

It's free speech so AFAIK we have to tolerate the paintings but not their unlawful display at the Capitol. These were the first ones I saw, which are very powerful. Since then there have been many more .

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... hotos.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:15 am 

Speech is not always free if it harms others.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:54 am 

Good morning, all! :28

flgirl543 - did you read the comments at clickorlando about the mural? Great stuff there. I may have to copy some over to here. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:48 am 

flgirl543 wrote:
Just when I think it can't get more infuriating...these people are truly living in an alternate universe.

Mural shows man shooting likeness of Trayvon Martin

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/mural- ... index.html

If you read my posts over there you will see that I determined that it was Ming the Merciless shooting a very tan Mel Brooks while the killer from Scream is in the foreground. Not sure where he got the flame thrower from though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:01 am 

:Gslap Mung!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:02 am 

Comments about Oprah's racism are in the Celebrity Gossip thread. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:27 am 

Let's try to remember to bump this one tomorrow as a reminder:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:50 am 

Florida sheriffs: Keep 'Stand your ground' as written

Quote:
The Florida Sheriffs Association is no longer neutral on the state's controversial "stand your ground" law.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, the new president of the association, announced Friday that members agreed earlier this week without opposition to support the law "as currently written."

http://www.floridatoday.com/viewart/201 ... nd-written

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:54 am 

Volusia fires beach officer for racial messages

Quote:
“The racial content of these text messages is not only unprofessional, but disturbing coming from a supervisor of Volusia County Beach Safety,” Recktenwald wrote.

Snipes’ messages included a Facebook post the night after George Zimmerman’s acquittal that read: “Another thug gone. Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”

He was also involved in an exchange of a series of racially tinged picture messages that included a cartoon of Trayvon Martin, holding a bag of Skittles. The words across the cartoon were: “Those Skittles were to die for.”

I hope this officer appeals. First off, ask Judge Nelson, maybe a 4 year old wrote the messages…

Seriously, where are the “racial” comments? Is thug racial? Is pick up your pants racial? Is using the word “skittles” racial? Or only in referring to a black person are they construed as racial? If Trayvon had been white and the same comments made, would they also be racial?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:35 pm 

re: Painting of Zimmerman shooting Martin unveiled at Florida capitol

I'm not a graphic artist... maybe someone out there is... if so, here's a graphic layout for you to put together:

The same screaming header: WE ARE ALL TRAYVON:
And layered on the canvas the following graphic elements, with splashy text putting each in context:
-The well-known photo of Trayvon, giving the world the DOUBLE FINGER
-A still photo of the BLACK KIDS pummeling the 13 YEAR OLD BOY ON THE SCHOOL BUS
-A still photo of the BLACK GUY in HOODIE following the GIRL WHO WAS STABBED multiple times on the street in Queens N.Y.
-A collage of black Trayvon AFTER VERDICT RIOTERS breaking into stores
-Another collage of simulated screen shots from TRAYVON's PHONE, showing: GUNS, & MARIJUANA PLANTS & BLUNTS & NAKED UNDERAGE GIRLS in provocative poses
-And finally, a GRAPHIC OF OBAMA, with a voice balloon saying: "IF I HAD A SON, I'D WANT HIM TO BEHAVE JUST LIKE TRAYVON!"

Any Photoshop artists out there feel free to appropriate any of the above.

-Dashiell Hammett

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:59 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:02 pm 

Thanks, flgirl543! Good info. Please let me know if you run across a group or petition supporting both the "racially" persecuted officer, and/or the group of sheriffs.

I'm so tired of "code words" to justify the racism of others - if the reader views "thug" as code for "black" then it's the reader who is a racist, not the writer, imo.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next