It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:08 pm 

WrongonRed wrote:
RadarOnline is reporting that George considering testifying.......I am thinking with this "hanging judge" this is the last thing that MOM should allow, because once that happens, Nelson holds the reins.......

1. I am very suspicious of RadarOnline in view of prior, apparently false reports relating to DD.

2. I have also thought about GZ testifying. One reason to do so is to lay a foundation for admission of evidence relating to Trayvon's weed use and tox report. See the Arias and Diaz cases regarding admissibility of evidence of the victim's toxicology.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:40 pm 

George did just fine against Bernie already. I wouldn't be worried about George testifying as long as he is direct and to the point. Character shouldn't come in..MOM is smart enough not to open that door as this is what he is anticipating the state to do.

I think he would be fine.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:49 pm 

thehoff71 wrote:
George did just fine against Bernie already. I wouldn't be worried about George testifying as long as he is direct and to the point. Character shouldn't come in..MOM is smart enough not to open that door as this is what he is anticipating the state to do.

I think he would be fine.

I think he should testify. I agree he did well against Bernie. I think he would be liked and believed by the jury.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:52 pm 

WrongonRed wrote:
RadarOnline is reporting that George considering testifying.......I am thinking with this "hanging judge" this is the last thing that MOM should allow, because once that happens, Nelson holds the reins.......

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/ ... der-trial/

That would be up to the jury. Nelson has nothing to do with the verdict. How does the judge hold the reins?

That's the beauty of a jury. They hold the reins.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:06 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:07 pm 

Quote:
ed greene says:
May 28, 2013 at 9:59 am
...How Jalessa Martin wrote March 9 letter similar to Francine

kbp wrote:
CTH comment:

I either missed this or gave it very little attention.

Any here know more about this?

There is a facebook post that a cousin of Trayvon Martin's wrote that described what happened. It has information in it that shows it as authentic. I don't think W8's letter and the facebook posting by Trayvon's cousin are so strikingly similar as to justify further looking. But by all means;

Jaleesa Tasha Martin:

While visiting the Orlando area, my cousin was walking to the store when he noticed a man following him. He asked the man "why are you following me?" the man replied "I'm not" and rolled his window up. The man then got out his car & continued to follow him. My cousin asked him the same question & the man gave him the same answer. (S/N: The man never identified himself as crime watch & was carrying a pistol. You ask how do I know because the account I'm sharing is the account he (the killer) gave to police. Oh and the first officer on the scene had the same name as the killer.) OK, so the man then reaches in his pocket. This is when my cousin struck the man, taking him to the ground and continuing to beat on him. The killer now calling for help got hold of his gun firing 1 fatale shot. This man was not arrested or even processed. No charges are being filed and the state is withholding evidence. Why did this man single him out, why did he lie & tell my cousin that he wasn't following him, why did he continue to follow him, why did he get out his car, why didn't he identify himself as the local crime watch? These questions were never asked or answered.
https://www.facebook.com/jaleesa.t.mart ... 4199463204

W8 Letter written with the help of Francine:

March 19, 2012

I was on the phone when Trevon decided to go to the Cornerstore. It started to rain so he decided to walk through another complex because it was raining to hard. He started walking then noticed someone was following him. Then he decided to find a shortcut cause the man wouldn’t follow him. Then he said the man didn’t follow him again. Then he looked back and saw the man again. The man started getting closer. Then Trevon turned around and said why are you following me!! Then I heard him fall, then the phone hung up. I called back and text. No response. In my mind I thought it was just a fight. Then I found out this tragic story.

Thank you,
Name Redacted

http://diwataman.wordpress.com/2013/03/ ... ee-letter/

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:44 pm 
ADMIN

Hi Dman... glad to see you keeping an eye on the place. :51

You stuffed up the quote boxes in your post.... but we can rebuild it. :95

Thanks for the response. You and your blog are great for reference on details like this.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:48 pm 

Someone is saying on the OS comments section that the FDLE has wire tapped the Orange Blossom Special's phones and is investigating the whistle blower's accusations. anyone know anything about this? It is what should be happening, but for someone to actually be doing something about it would be a different story.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:57 pm 

Ottawa925 wrote:
That attorney Mark Nejame? I hear him say a few minutes ago to expect fireworks at the June 6/7 hearing, and it may end up with BDLR being charged with prosecutorial misconduct. :26

I think Nelson will protect Bernie at all cost...... she will find some little loop hole . :wall

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:00 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:
That would be up to the jury. Nelson has nothing to do with the verdict. How does the judge hold the reins?

That's the beauty of a jury. They hold the reins.

MOM: "Objection your honor, leading!"
THJ: "Overruled"
MOM: "Objection your honor, irrelevant"
THJ: "Overruled, he stalked and gunned down a black future astronaut with Skittles, it is relevant"
etc.......

I just meant that he could get on the stand and Bernie could do any kind of coaxing and leading which she would seemingly participate in. You just have more faith in Nelson than I do.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:01 pm 
ADMIN

Fireworks? :91

I predict a "damp Squib" :(

Spoiler:
A damp squib (British & Australian)
An event which people think will be exciting but which is disappointing when it happens
Usage notes: A squib is a type of firework (= a small container filled with chemicals which explodes to produce bright lights and loud noises) and if it becomes wet, it will not explode.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:13 pm 

WrongonRed wrote:

MOM: "Objection your honor, leading!"
THJ: "Overruled"
MOM: "Objection your honor, irrelevant"
THJ: "Overruled, he stalked and gunned down a black future astronaut with Skittles, it is relevant"
etc.......

I just meant that he could get on the stand and Bernie could do any kind of coaxing and leading which she would seemingly participate in. You just have more faith in Nelson than I do.

Oh, I see what you mean. I just need more coffee. I don't have that much faith in any judge especially when I am on a defendant's side.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:26 pm 

There seems to be two witnesses that don't think too much of Bernie's tactics. One left the SAO and Bernie is going to attack him for his record and why he left. The other still works for the SAO for now, but I'm betting not for long.

I don't think Bernie is that good at cross examination. I've seen him raise his voice and flail his arms about. He looks silly. That didn't help with George. George will stay calm and think about the question before he answers. I think Bernie has a short fuse when he gets frustrated.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:32 pm 

WrongonRed wrote:
Thought I would post this:

ZIMMERMAN DEFENSE FUND OUT OF MONEY

http://www.gzdefensefund.com/donate/ind ... t-of-money

I did my part and sent money their way again.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:34 pm 

So if BDLR cannot resort to playing on the emotions of the jury with the sweet young child coming home w/tea and Skittles in his opening statement, what is he going to say? As soon as he ventures into the character of Martin, the Defense can use rebuttal. If he attacks Zimmerman's character, he opens up the same can of worms.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:38 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Hi Dman... glad to see you keeping an eye on the place. :51

You stuffed up the quote boxes in your post.... but we can rebuild it. :95

Thanks for the response. You and your blog are great for reference on details like this.

Thanks and yw. I like to think my thoughts on various matters have some value as well but hey, that's coming from me, lol.

I had at first tried to put the facebook and letter in quotes as well but kept getting some error. Then I tried to do something with the comment I was responding to and it just went all to hell from there, lol. I like TalkLeft's Forum where quotes link back to the original comment that one is replying to so I added that as well here. The nature of the forum discussion often becomes disjointed in such a way that links are helpful.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:42 pm 
ADMIN

DebFrmHell wrote:
So if BDLR cannot resort to playing on the emotions of the jury with the sweet young child coming home w/tea and Skittles in his opening statement, what is he going to say? As soon as he ventures into the character of Martin, the Defense can use rebuttal. If he attacks Zimmerman's character, he opens up the same can of worms.
I think BDLR will advance the same old false narrative... MOM might object a few times... but essentially the Jury will hear it.

BDLR will say things like "Mr Zimmerman was told to stay in his truck" "Trayvon was on his way home with candy for his little brother" etc

As far as "opening doors" .... those doors are only open if Nelson says they are open... and she wont.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:50 pm 
ADMIN

DiwataMan wrote:
Thanks and yw. I like to think my thoughts on various matters have some value as well but hey, that's coming from me, lol.

I had at first tried to put the facebook and letter in quotes as well but kept getting some error. Then I tried to do something with the comment I was responding to and it just went all to hell from there, lol. I like TalkLeft's Forum where quotes link back to the original comment that one is replying to so I added that as well here. The nature of the forum discussion often becomes disjointed in such a way that links are helpful.

Each format has its pluses and minuses.... "what you get used to" applies

A link back might be useful at times.... but I posted at WS and JQ for 4 years where that is standard (vBulletin).. and I would say almost never used it :)

You can have as many SEPARATE quote boxes as you want here... just not nested inside each other.

Once something is corrupt, for instance... with any spare [quote] near the start... then all bets are off.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:58 pm 

mung wrote:
Someone is saying on the OS comments section that the FDLE has wire tapped the Orange Blossom Special's phones and is investigating the whistle blower's accusations. anyone know anything about this? It is what should be happening, but for someone to actually be doing something about it would be a different story.

:eek :eek :91 :87 :91

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:04 pm 

OMG, what if former assistant state attorney White went to FDLE prior to chatting with O'Mara?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 51  Next