It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:19 pm 

flgirl543 wrote:
Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ramed.html

The media are reporting that a juror says Zimmerman is guilty of murder. That’s not true.

SheStone wrote:

Hi,

I came to see if anyone has posted about that article. It is interesting. I found that article through this one which is about it:

Did ABC News Deceptively Edit Zimmerman Juror’s Controversial Interview? An Unlikely Source Is Calling Them Out

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07 ... -them-out/

The title of that article drew my attention sooner then the main part of the title from the Slate article. I hope we get to see the full interview.

Breitbart also has an article about it:

ABC's Misleading Edit of Juror B29

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013 ... -Juror-B29

I am glad this is being pointed out and hope it ends up being pointed out in the mainstream media so more will hear about it.

Last edited by SheStone on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:20 pm 
ADMIN

kbp wrote:
The sanctions have absolutely nothing to do with winning or losing, it deals with the cost of unwarranted costs in prep for the trial.
But... as I recall... the MOM motion for sanctions went further... asked for some sort of judicial inquiry.

I assume that could go as far as some sort of discipline for BDLR (and others)... perhaps even criminal charges?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:20 pm 

Rumpole - thanks for all of the info. Gotta love how Ted just cuts right to the chase on things - why aren't they boycotting Chicago? Why is one life more valuable than thousands?

As for the SYG law, I think that is front and center by the schemers to try to make the foundation profitable, not that they care about the law per se, or are unaware how it will disproportionately harm those they claim to champion. It gives them a cause, like wanting "just an arrest" and "just a trial" and of course, "just a conviction of the top charge". Ok, that last one was paraphrased but the others weren't.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:23 pm 

Does anyone know or have any idea how soon the issue of the sanctions will be heard? :TF

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:24 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
But... as I recall... the MOM motion for sanctions went further... asked for some sort of judicial inquiry.

I assume that could go as far as some sort of discipline for BDLR (and others)... perhaps even criminal charges?

That's my memory too but I understand what kbp is thinking of - the costs over the video denial. But there was also the phone stuff that was hidden, the IT guy testifying, etc., when Nelson called a halt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:24 pm 
ADMIN

liesel wrote:
Rumpole - thanks for all of the info. Gotta love how Ted just cuts right to the chase on things - why aren't they boycotting Chicago? Why is one life more valuable than thousands?

As for the SYG law, I think that is front and center by the schemers to try to make the foundation profitable, not that they care about the law per se, or are unaware how it will disproportionately harm those they claim to champion. It gives them a cause, like wanting "just an arrest" and "just a trial" and of course, "just a conviction of the top charge". Ok, that last one was paraphrased but the others weren't.

Oh OK... then maybe if the Schemers named a price.... it would save a lot of time wasting and posturing and riots an' stuff :)

I have a Godfather scene as response to what ever price they put on their extortion.... I'll edit to add if I can find it

Found it :91

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:25 pm 
ADMIN

SheStone wrote:
Does anyone know or have any idea how soon the issue of the sanctions will be heard? :TF

In a word......

NO

Sorry... if anybody can update "NO" please post :cool

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:26 pm 

SheStone wrote:

Hi, SheStone! :)

I don't think it's scheduled yet; at least I haven't heard anything. Maybe they're waiting until after SZ's acquittal on the perjury charge? Focus on one thing at a time?

Or maybe getting their civil suits ready and filed before moving on to sanctions because they'll take a lot longer?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:29 pm 

Rumpole wrote:

Oh OK... then maybe if the Schemers named a price.... it would save a lot of time wasting and posturing and riots an' stuff :)

I have a Godfather scene as response to what ever price they put on their extortion.... I'll edit to add if I can find it

:Gslap :lol

Yes! Exactly! Tips from Al (may he be prosecuted fully and soon) Sharpton and his competitor, Jesse Jackson. It's my understanding that's exactly how they got their personal fortunes got their nonprofits funded.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:31 pm 

kbp wrote:
The sanctions have absolutely nothing to do with winning or losing, it deals with the cost of unwarranted costs in prep for the trial.

I think I may have misunderstood your post, sorry. You're saying it's not about the verdict, it's about the added costs tracking down the info. You may be right; I may be conflating that with something else where Nelson denied sanctions because there was no prejudice shown.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:35 pm 

kbp wrote:

Rumpole wrote:

The "winning or losing" is again not a factor, and the issue would still be in Nelson's court whatever the outcome might have been.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:50 pm 

liesel wrote:
Speaking of hits on youtube...

"The Lynching" is now close to 1.2 million hits. Please be sure to "like" it on youtube if you have an account! Also please be sure to spread it around so as to get more hits - even at places where it's been posted previously. Not everyone reads back and some may have missed it. The more hits this video gets, the greater the chance the topic will get coverage elsewhere, kwim? Even just covering the video if it breaks hit records could help get the message out.

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebu6Yvzs4Ls
Also at the top right corner is a symbol sort of like this: <
If you click on the < you can auto post it to facebook, twitter, google+ and more. Please do!

I've shared several times already, but intend to share many more times.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:38 am 
ADMIN

flgirl543 wrote:
Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ramed.html

The media are reporting that a juror says Zimmerman is guilty of murder. That’s not true.

SheStone wrote:

Hi,

I came to see if anyone has posted about that article. It is interesting. I found that article through this one which is about it:

Did ABC News Deceptively Edit Zimmerman Juror’s Controversial Interview? An Unlikely Source Is Calling Them Out

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07 ... -them-out/

The title of that article drew my attention sooner then the main part of the title from the Slate article. I hope we get to see the full interview.

SheStone wrote:
Breitbart also has an article about it:

ABC's Misleading Edit of Juror B29

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013 ... -Juror-B29

I am glad this is being pointed out and hope it ends up being pointed out in the mainstream media so more will hear about it.

This story seems to have legs.

Sundance has a blog on this issue....

ABC Being Called Out for More Deceptive Editing, Splicing, of Interview… A Documented History of Intentional Manipulation
Posted on July 27, 2013 by sundance

Justice099 was one of the first Treepers yesterday, and again today, to point out that each version of the ABC interview with B29 is highly edited to put her recorded answers behind completely differing questions.
Now ABC is being called out by a far left of center media enterprise, Slate.Com. They too note not only the high editing, but also the construct of the edits themselves to make it appear that Juror B29 said things she absolutely did not say:
Quote:
ABC News hasn’t posted a full unedited video or transcript of the interview. The video that has been broadcast—on World News Tonight, Nightline, and Good Morning America—has been cut and spliced in different ways, often so artfully that the transitions appear continuous. So beware what you’re seeing. But the video that’s available already shows, on closer inspection, that Maddy has been manipulated and misrepresented. Here are the key points. (link to Slate.com)

ABC has been shown time and time again to be biased in their use of new stories to highlight political agendas. Some of the most famous recent examples come from their coverage of the George Zimmerman case.
[....]
So gee, ya think ABC would deceptively edit a taped interview into talking points merely to sell a storyline that in actuality did not ever exist?

Ya think?

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ipulation/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:15 am 

ABC is owned by Disney. Ironic if ABC incites riot or boycott which discourages tourists from visiting Mickey Mouse.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:55 am 

Good morning, all! :28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:25 am 

liesel wrote:
Good morning, all! :28

Mornin liesel. :84

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:48 am 

This more about BGI than the GZ case, but the discussion is prompted by the case, so I thought y'all may be interested:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:54 am 

AndrewBranca wrote:
Why Judge Nelson Was Wrong to Exclude Martin’s Cell Phone Evidence

As happens with gratifying frequency, one of the Legal Insurrection commenters today made a great contribution to yesterday’s thread, “When Is Evidence of Your Attacker’s Character Admissible In Court?”

This particular comment was posted by “Edgehopper” (I could tell you his real name, but then I’d have to kill you–let’s just say he’s a real lawyer at a real firm), and was so exceptionally clear, succinct, and to the point I thought it was well worth re-casting as its own blog post. Indeed, I wish I’d thought of writing it myself, as it would definitely have been today’s “Law of Self Defense” post (except probably a bit less clear, lengthier, and more meandering).

Read more at Legal Insurrection.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:55 am 

Yay! A bit of good news!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:15 am 

liesel wrote:
This more about BGI than the GZ case, but the discussion is prompted by the case, so I thought y'all may be interested:

This was hard to watch because Jasmine Cannick is suuuuuch a bigot. Her response "white people don't choose our civil rights leaders" and "white people have to engage in the right way" responses are pure garbage. No wonder nothing can get done with people like her. :TF

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 51  Next