It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: moved
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:14 am 

Ben Crump........Yawn.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

The comments are interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:17 am 

seeing_eye wrote:
I've always said that Trayvon Martin's death was a tragedy. It was a tragedy that he lost his life during his rebellious and troubled teenage years in the midst of stupid and immature behavior. And just like the POTUS, I could also say that many years before now I could have been Trayvon. I was an immature, rebellious teenager. I used to sneak out of my parent's house to meet up with a bunch of hoodlums I ran around with. I was with them when they held up a motel in an armed robbery. I was with them when they played "chicken" on a busy highway. I was with them when we were barely missed by less than an inch when racing a freight train over a crossing. But I was luckier than TM. I lived over those stupid stunts to grow more mature and become a responsible adult.

So although I feel Trayvon's death is a tragedy, I also feel George's pridicament has been more of a tragedy since everything's been brought down upon him through no fault of his own. He is a responsible adult and acted responsibly. Yet he's been damaged nonetheless.

*applause*

Not only GZ, whose crime was being viciously attacked and defending himself, but his entire family have been severely hurt.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:20 am 

auscitizenmom wrote:

I guess this is where I have a problem with compassion for Traymom and Traydad. They are continuing their attacks on the Zimmermans, who are totally innocent, good, kind, people. As long as they do that, I can't feel for them at all.

And, I probably don't have enough compassion for Trayvon's death because I have no doubt he would have killed George if he could have. On top of that, if he had lived, I believe he would have gone on to maim or kill someone else eventually. Everything his "parents" are doing is encouraging other young black people to do what he did.

(video omitted)

*applause* Ditto x infinity.

I am often impressed with how smart and thoughtful RT posters are, but y'all have outdone even yourselves with this discussion. Thank you.

Post subject: moved
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:28 am 

taurus wrote:
Ben Crump........Yawn.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

The comments are interesting.

"The Trayvon Martin voter." That almost made me LOL. He would probably have been incarcerated by the time he was old enough to vote.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:30 pm 

BOOM!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:35 pm 

People should learn to read the signs - they're not always this clear:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:03 pm 

liesel wrote:
BOOM!

Good one! And, when are they going to start working on themselves killing themselves??? HUH???? :TF

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:05 pm 

Um, you know, er, um, but, um, racism!!!

EDIT - Your post reminded me of something I've been meaning to post in the Outrage thread. Check it out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:22 pm 

liesel wrote:
Um, you know, er, um, but, um, racism!!!

{snicker} Yup. :NN12 I am definitely a racist in their eyes because I want to see black people confront the real problems they have in their communities so THEIR people do not die at a young age. As I have said before, it doesn't help a broken left leg to put a cast on your right arm. And, that is exactly what these doofuses are doing. :TF

And, you know what, I don't even care anymore about being PC. :NN12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:23 pm 

^5!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:26 pm 

Reminder: A good way to keep up with things all over RT is to use the links near the top, under the dates. On the right is View new posts and on the left is View active topics. I use those two links the most, but the others nearby are helpful too. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:49 pm 
ADMIN

Trayvon Martin's mother talks to 'Meet the Press'
By Hal Boedeker Staff writer
4:58 p.m. EDT, August 16, 2013

NBC's "Meet the Press" will explore the issue of whether Trayvon Martin has "become a catalyst for change in the justice system" after a judge referenced the slain teen in a ruling on New York City's "stop and frisk" decision. "Meet the Press" will talk to Sybrina Fulton, Trayvon's mother; family attorney Benjamin Crump; and Ben Jealous, president and CEO of the NAACP.

...more at link

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertai ... 03528.post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:54 pm 

Good morning, Rumpole!

This is not directed at you, but at the "news" item you posted: :NN20

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:52 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:12 pm 

liesel wrote:
BOOM!

auscitizenmom wrote:
Good one! And, when are they going to start working on themselves killing themselves??? HUH???? :TF

When you encounter problems, determine the cause and work on a solution.

The sad truth is that the solutions race baiters and politicians have provided, mostly in the way of entitlements, special rights, new laws... have added problems for those on the lower end of the socioeconomic scale. If you step back and look at where those solutions have taken us, one wonders if it was a plan to create more problems to pretend like solutions are the topic to fight for ...and pay for!

Now the TrayParents are helping with those solutions.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:18 pm 

h/t rzjr

JosephCotto wrote:
COTTO: How George Zimmerman became a public enemy

OCALA, Fla., August 15, 2013 — Angela Corey, Benjamin Crump, Al Sharpton, Pam Bondi, and Rick Scott all played pivotal roles in building the now-infamous criminal case against George Zimmerman. Each had his or her own reasons for doing so. To say that there is more than meets the eye is a colossal understatement.

“The Trayvon Martin story is a case study in how, even in the modern day, an advanced industrialised democracy can completely lose its senses; and how difficult it is for it to then recover them,” writes James Myburgh of South Africa’s politicsweb.

“In this particular matter a whole society seemingly fixed its mind on the one object of having George Zimmerman arrested, convicted and sent to jail for life, in reckless disregard of the evidence and the law,” he writes. “The mainstream media, so-called civil rights organisations, the Democrat President of the US, the U.S. Attorney General, the Republican Governor of Florida and his Attorney General, and State Attorney Angela Corey all combined forces in an effort to destroy a single, isolated individual.”

If it weren’t for the establishment media, though, just how much would everyone else have been able to get away with?

Shortly after Zimmerman shot Martin in early 2012, NBC News ran a deceptively edited audiotape of Zimmerman’s 911 call. With NBC’s edits, Zimmerman seemed to racially profile Martin.

Because of this, Zimmerman filed a lawsuit against NBC. The suit was placed on the back burner during his trial. Now, it is moving forward at full speed.

“I think what NBC did was quite damaging and I think that, at the time, the damage they did to Goerge’s reputation ... is still not undone,” says Robert Zimmerman, George’s younger brother and de facto public spokesman. “As far as I know, Mr. Beasley, co-counsel in the lawsuit, has gone on the record saying he intends to proceed as soon as possible.

“Mr. O’Mara, co-counsel on the same lawsuit, has suggested that this might not be the only lawsuit or civil action that George pursues, and I think that suing the media is definitely risky, but there are some lines that should not be crossed and portraying someone as a racist — deliberately and frequently as the suit alleges — is wildly inappropriate.”

Read more at The Washington Times.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:18 pm 

Hiya, kbp! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:40 pm 

liesel wrote:
Hiya, kbp! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:04 pm 

Thank you for posting that article! That Msm is not news not fact just ratings or money or whatever but it is not the definition of the journalism I was taught. It makes me so angry!

:59

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:02 pm 

Ditto - I've been hearing that some "news" is paid advertising. SMH. If I run across something, I'll post it in the politics thread. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 53  Next