It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Massive Texas Flood
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:35 am 

No, it's not over. I'm looking out for an ark. I think that may be the only answer to this mess!!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:08 am 

Hi seeing_eye :28

So sorry about your flooding and roof leaking. :( It is still major when it happens to you.

I agree. I just looked at the 10-day forecast for Fort Worth .. for trip planning. Lots more coming.
Love it for the farmers in west Texas, and at least no wild fires like in the past. Remember Possum Kingdom Lake several years ago?

Stay safe!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:42 pm 

Prayers for both seeing eye and Molly . Do either of you have an opinion on the Ellis Dam ?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Author ... 35031.html

If I lived in the area I would head to high ground it looks like a very precarious situation to me, especially with more rain in the forecast, but I know zero about dams.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:09 pm 

So sorry the water is getting in your house, but glad to hear you are safe Seeing Eye. Hope the rain stops soon.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:23 pm 
ADMIN

Hi Mal... and you KNOW all about water leaks in houses :give

For those who dont know.... Mal (lives in hurricane land - Florida) had HUGE problem(s) with leaky home.... mold behind wall linings... ripped out and never replaced, Insurance companies, lawyers, devious renovators etc etc.. and she eventually sold up her home..."as is" rather than pour more money (and worry and misery) into the place :doh

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:30 pm 

Carmelita wrote:
Prayers for both seeing eye and Molly . Do either of you have an opinion on the Ellis Dam ?

I clicked on the link to read and there was a police chase in Fort Worth, so that's what I have been watching for the past two hours. :eek

This lake is really small and it seems like the concern is minimal right now after installing the drain pipe (from other articles I've read). If I were in one of the 25 homes nearby in flood-risk, I'd be filling sandbags for sure. Our house is .8m from Benbrook Lake Dam, been there - done that ;)

Storms are now popping up in the area.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:41 pm 

Sorry about that Molly and thanks for your insight.

See if this works

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Author ... 35031.html

It should bring you to this, "Authorities Warn Ellis Co. Residents of Possible Dam Breach"

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:46 pm 

:28
Carm ~ that was the link I clicked on but there was a huge LIVE banner across the top and I got distracted. :98 Storms don't look too bad in THAT area now.

Mal ~ I remember when you moved and you were having trouble selling your home. I had no idea of the reasons. So glad this is behind you now. I envy you living so close to the beaches but it would terrify me to live there because of hurricane season. My friend in DE says the same thing about me living in Tornado Alley :)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:52 pm 

still lots of rain coming your way Molly, and TX sure doesn't need any more..so stay safe sweet lady :)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:02 pm 

Everyone in Texas please be safe!!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:03 pm 

Thank you Lisa and Shordee! :28

The bad stuff has passed just "farmers rain" for a few more hours now.
It is suppose to be worse tomorrow then petering out over the weekend, I hope.

I love the rain and thunder, but not the lightening and tornadoes. :)

I'm where the marker is, outside, waving at y'all. :69

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:41 pm 

:69 Waving at Molly. I'm on dry ground if you need to get away :). It is supposed to be in the low 50's here this weekend though so you would probably need your winter clothes :28

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:45 pm 
ADMIN

Watch it Molly I did a blow up of the pic....and I can see a stalker sneaking up behind you :lol

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:49 pm 

Waving back at ya Molly...so glad all is ok your way, still heartbreaking to even listen to the devastation over there... :(

LMAO at Rump....leave Molly alone...she is already worried about that FREAK!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:52 am 
ADMIN

From CTH....

Prayers For Texas and Region – More Rain Anticipated This Weekend – President Declares “Major Disaster Area” For State Of Texas…
Posted on May 30, 2015 by sundance

Any readers in the area who are in need of assistance please send us an email and let us know what we can do to assist. We are praying for you all – according to the media weather reports much more rain is forecast for this weekend. Be Safe !!

President Obama has declared a federal disaster area in the State of Texas ahead of more anticipated rains this weekend.

The National Weather Service said a strong cold front will move south and east over the weekend, bringing widespread rain and thunderstorms to much of the United States.

The possibility of heavy rain and flash flooding exists because of unstable air and moisture coming from the Gulf of Mexico.

“The already soaked soils of north Texas will be especially prone to flash flooding,” the weather service said.

[…] Texas Gov. Greg Abbott declared a state of disaster Friday for another 24 counties, bringing the total under a state disaster declaration to 70. The move allows state resources to be used for storm response.

“The large number of Texas counties currently experiencing a state of disaster is an indication of how severe this ongoing weather situation is,” Abbott said.

Dallas County was not part of the governor’s declaration, but it, too, has been hit with heavy flooding. All lanes of Interstate 30 on the east side of Dallas were backed up because of flooding at the Route 12 underpass.
    About these ads

Dallas city spokeswoman Sana Syed said the problem began at the start of morning rush hour, when the rain that had fallen overnight started accumulating in that spot.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -of-texas/

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:32 am 

chiclad wrote:
...leave Molly alone...she is already worried about that FREAK!!!!
Not even a teeny tiny bit, Lisa. :28

The office put a note on our doors this morning to be on the lookout for snakes. Several have been found curled up in people's garages. Now THAT may be something to worry about. Nah, they are just looking for a warm, dry place. :D

It's not too bad today. 65 now, nice. Got the window open listening to the birds talking :) .. when it gets to 81 later, things might start happening.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:54 am 

Molly :69 Happy that you are safe :rose

Have I mention when I lived in Texas my friend found a snake in her washing machine :95

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:17 pm 

here we go with the snakes again.LOL
I did see it on the news last nite...they are looking for higher ground...so be safe Molly and dang more rain coming your way..

Heart goes out to TX!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:21 pm 

I googled Texas Flooding 2015 and have been looking at photos. Interesting but too many snake pics :eek

Found this site showing damage in Wimberly, TX, one of the hardest hit areas near the Blanco River. (no snake pics)
Note in the first photo, the river crested to 40 feet.

http://photoblog.statesman.com/historic-flood-in-central-texas

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:15 pm 

Thanks for everyone's well wishes. I believe Texas will begin to dry out now. I hope to get my roof fixed when it dries out enough.

I had one of those glue traps in my utility room to trap those ugly waterbugs. To me, they look like giant cockroaches. Well, it didn't catch a waterbug. It caught a snake!! (It was a small one.) I hope that's the only one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next