It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:32 pm 

"Slager’s left hand is empty, so it appears that Scott must have thrown the taser."

That would required Scott to have had the taser. We can tell it isn't in his right hand because that is the hand visible and the one that Slager is holding. That would mean to have had it in his possession and thrown it it would have to be in his left hand. Now based on where it ends up, that would require Scott throwing it almost over his head, which doesn't seem possible.

Now, if it was in Slager's right hand and either Scott knocked it out or Slager threw it so he could draw his gun, well.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:58 pm 

You could be right Mung I don't see that it would have to have been Scott throwing it over his head, it looks to me like in instant before that vital second that Scott is turning to run that it could have been thrown by Scott.

Last edited by Carmelita on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:10 pm 

Looks more to me like maybe he is knocking it out of Slager's hand, but it is hard to tell with grainy footage.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:15 pm 

Could be. So how do you think Scott was no less nimble (he was thunky even running from the car originally) if he had been tased, and if he had not been tased, why not? How could Scott have one barb in him unless the taser was used ineffectively enough that only one barb made it's way into him? And why would the taser have been used ineffectively other than Scott and Slager were struggling over possession of it when it was used.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:38 pm 

Given that the one barb is in Scott's leg it could simply be that Slager missed.

I don't dispute that Scott was resisting and trying to break free. Unless Slager says that he was hit in any way, there is no reason at all to even think he was.

As Chip and others have said, if Slager had shot while the two were still struggling, it wouldn't even be a question. But the fact that he shot not only as Scott was fleeing, but that he kept shooting, that is what makes this seem a lot less like a good shoot and a lot more like a payback for resisting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:05 pm 
ADMIN

Summary and explanation by DMan.....

Explaining Facts to Idiots

Walter Scott was pulled over by Officer Michael Slager because a third break light was out. There is no evidence provided he was pulled over due to his blackness.

Slager asks for the license, insurance and registration. There is no doubt Slager is aware of Scotts blackness at this point yet despite this fact he does not murder him in cold blood by shooting him.

Scott gives Slager a fishy, conflicting story about the ownership of the car he is driving. He provides no documentation other than apparently his driver’s license.

Slager goes to his cruiser.

00:00 Less than a minute goes by and Scott runs from vehicle. It is unknown why Scott ran and the passenger that was with Scott is unsurprisingly uncooperative in this regard.
00:03 Slager runs after Scott
00:16 Slager yells Taser Taser Taser
Notice again Slager did not reach for his sidearm and shoot Scott as he ran even though Slager can clearly see Scott is black.
Witness Gwen Nichols says the fight started at the path entrance

...more at link
https://whiteskinnedman.wordpress.com/2 ... to-idiots/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:33 am 
ADMIN

From CTH.....

Ridin' Dirty – The Curious Case of Walter and Pierre's Big Adventure….
Posted on April 16, 2015 by sundance

We said last week – in retrospect the Walter Scott Scheme Team 2015' would regret hiring image consultant Ryan Julison to represent their interests and develop their chosen narrative. As research continues this opinion solidifies.

Ryan Julison (w/ Matt Lauer) left – Attorney Mark Peper, right

After we identified Walter Scott's passenger as Pierre Fulton, the image consultants needed to quickly work up a salable story. Ergo the hiring of another attorney, now image consultant, Mark Peper to frame the Fulton angle. Does anyone ever think to ask who’s paying for all these attorneys? I digress…

However, Ryan needs to spend a little more time training the side players because apparently Mr. Peper has yet to learn the art of nuance, or subtlety, in narrative construction.

...more at link

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... adventure/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:33 am 

mung wrote:
Given that the one barb is in Scott's leg it could simply be that Slager missed.

I don't dispute that Scott was resisting and trying to break free. Unless Slager says that he was hit in any way, there is no reason at all to even think he was.

As Chip and others have said, if Slager had shot while the two were still struggling, it wouldn't even be a question. But the fact that he shot not only as Scott was fleeing, but that he kept shooting, that is what makes this seem a lot less like a good shoot and a lot more like a payback for resisting.

I have been watching the short clip of the taser being thrown and Slager drawing his weapon. And it finally hit me. When have I seen a taser have no effect on a person. It is in two cases, when a perpetrator is morbidly obese (and possibly also on drugs/alcohol) and when a perpetrator is so impaired biologically that a drug coursing though their body makes them basically physically impervious to the taser.

Slager may not have known that Scott did not receive the full jolt from the taser and given Scott’s already irrational behavior, Slager may have thought that he was dealing with a very dangerous man who was impervious to anything Slager had to stop him, other than his gun. We don't know what Slager thought as he hasn't presented his case to the media (thank God for a wise attorney) . I can't condemn an officer who was polite at the stop, was justly suspicious of Scott, and so on and so forth. I'm still waiting for the evidence. Until then, given the totality of Scott's behavior, the BGI's insertion, the obvious obfuscation being put forth by those with the "Slager is a cold blooded killer" side, I will give the man who put his life on the line every day the benefit of the doubt. (I don't include you in the "Slager is a cold blooded killer crowd" )

If damning evidence comes out against Slagr I will accept it.

And on a side note I was in Chicago Tuesday and ran into about 30 FTP protestors marching down the sidewalk with idiotic signs blowing shrill whistles with their faces contorted with hate.

A little further up an ignorant fool was standing around with a clip board and asked me if I had 60 seconds to "Learn" about Systemic Racism ? I said "Do you have 60 seconds for me to explain to you why Trayvon Martin, Walter Scott and Mike Brown are dead because of their own behavior or sixty seconds to discuss with me how many young black men have killed other black men this year in Chicago? " He just stood there with his mouth hanging open so I turned around and went about enjoying my day.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:05 am 

LOL, that is classic, good for you.

Yeah, even though I question Slager's justification for using the force he did (I still can't get past what he did with the 2013 taser incident and not think he has a bit of a temper issue) I do not buy into the whole FTP and BGI view on this. I don't think race had much if any part in this one, I think it was more adrenalin and temper.

I would like to know if the taser will make the arcing sounds if the probes don't have connectivity. I know how stun guns work, but haven't ever messed with a taser.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:22 am 

mung wrote:
LOL, that is classic, good for you.

Yeah, even though I question Slager's justification for using the force he did (I still can't get past what he did with the 2013 taser incident and not think he has a bit of a temper issue) I do not buy into the whole FTP and BGI view on this. I don't think race had much if any part in this one, I think it was more adrenalin and temper.

I would like to know if the taser will make the arcing sounds if the probes don't have connectivity. I know how stun guns work, but haven't ever messed with a taser.

I'm sorry but you lost me.

What is classic?

And good morning :69

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:31 am 

You calling out the FTP people. Epic!

Yes, good morning to you too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:40 am 

Oh :Gslap silly me.

I was raised by liberals who have (finally turned conservative) so I am blessed with tossing the nonsense right back at them.

It really was startling to see the mini hoard thumping down the street in their little parade of misfits and malcontents everyone one of them I'm sure ignorant of reality. They were moving too fast for me to catch all the names on their list of "Innocents" .

Later on we were driving by the Water Tower (famous Chicago landmark) and there they were with their bullhorns signs and hatred, of course also there to protect them were dozens of CPD. Just amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:29 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH.....

Black Lies Shatter – Two J’s Arrives In North Charleston – Trash Can Fundraiser For “F**k The Police” Civilian Cameras…

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) – The Rev. Jesse Jackson was in downtown Charleston Thursday evening where he said a special prosecutor was needed in the Walter Scott shooting case.

Jackson spoke at the International Longshoremen’s Association Hall on Morrison Drive for a prayer rally.

During the rally, Jackson also called for more body cameras for law enforcement and called Scott’s death a wake up call for the nation.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... n-cameras/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:28 pm 
ADMIN

Walter Scott Video Witness Now Charging Media $10,000 For Use of Video….

Feidin Santana’s attorney Todd Rutherford says:

“The search for justice is served by turning the video over to law enforcement. The news media, appeared to be in the ‘search for revenue'”…

Which makes you wonder why Todd Rutherford sent the video to the media, no?

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. — The video of a North Charleston police officer shooting an unarmed man in the back will now cost news outlets that want to run it $10,000, according to a publicist representing the man who shot it.

Cease-and-desist letters went out this week to news outlets around the world from Markson Sparks, a publicity and celebrity management company based in Sydney, Australia.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -of-video/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:21 am 

Lol two JJ's ...there used to be a not your usual sandwich chain in Florida called TooJays

NYT hasn't recieved the cease & desist yet but their copyright attorneys say it's past time to continue using it under fair use doctrine. HuffPo etc will prolly buy Santana a nice car that he won't register or insure.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:26 pm 
ADMIN

From that CTH......

Walter Scott Shooting – The Case For Lesser Charges….
Posted on April 17, 2015 by sundance

Donald Joy at Clash Daily has a reasonable perspective on shooting of Walter Scott by Police Officer Michael Slager. His argument is one that many people agree with; if the State of South Carolina takes only a murder charge to trial they will lose.

As each of these types of cases surfaced we have continued to remind everyone they are not legal cases; they are political cases played out inside legal courts.

Arguably three years ago few people understood how an individual could be brought to trial without clear factual evidence of their guilt for the specific charges they were facing. That changed when the transparently innocent George Zimmerman was arrested on a murder charge -solely for political cover- on April 11th 2012.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... r-charges/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:46 pm 
ADMIN

From the CTH....

Quote:
rumpole2 says:
April 17, 2015 at 2:45 pm

ONLY THEN, after the arrest, did they began their investigation.

This is logically (scientifically) the WRONG approach. To go into any study or research with a bias as to what the outcome should be. It skews the results. “Data snooping” is frowned upon by reputable researchers. It ls far too easy for “experimenter effect” to cause people to downplay some evidence and hook on to other, and completely miss the Gestalt.

Further, it is in fact clearly an approach based on “an assumption of guilt” which is anathema to the British/US judicial system, based on “a presumption of innocence”.. for very important reasons. As a society we long ago decided that to convict an innocent man is so abhorrent, we err on the side of letting some guilty men go free. We intentionally place a difficult burden on those wishing to lay and prove charges against an individual… well we pay lip service to that principle.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:51 am 

GRAHAM v. CONNOR, 490 U.S. 386 (1989)

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/g ... &invol=386

*The "reasonableness" of a particular use of force must be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, and its calculus must embody an allowance for the fact that police officers are often forced to make split-second decisions about the amount of force necessary in a particular situation. Pp. 396-397*

If the BGI were not involved in directing the narrative, in influencing and inflaming I would think that Slager would walk.

Again Scott gave Slager reason to believe that the car he was in may have been stolen, Scott fled, fought, and tried to get his hands on Slager’s taser, Slager was tangled in the the taser wire attached to Scott, Scott was acting irrationally and could have very easily posed a threat of physical violence to anyone he encountered in the immediate vicinity I think Savage will be able to establish that in the split seconds Slager used to make his decision that his decision was reasonable for a police officer.

Until more evidence is presented or known, I will lean toward Slager making a legal shoot. There is still a lot to know, what did Slager say happened? Did Scott threaten Slager? Why did Slager believe Scott posed an immediate danger to either Slager or folks in the immediate vicinity? Would a reasonable officer in the exact same circumstances as Slager found himself in, due to the actions of Scott, have made the same decision in the 2 seconds it took Slager to begin shooting.

May that legal finding be truly a just decision and not a BGI appeasement ploy or Liberal buffoonery activism.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:34 pm 
ADMIN

Group calls for Solicitor to leave Walter Scott case
Posted: May 02, 2015 11:00 AM
Updated: May 02, 2015 11:00 AM

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Demonstrators again took to the streets of Charleston on Friday, asking for Ninth Circuit Solicitor Scarlett Wilson to remove herself from the Walter Scott murder investigation, saying her relationship with local and state law enforcement can't be trusted.

They say Wilson's never convicted an officer before and they don't think she will now.

"She has shown she has no responsibility in prosecuting the police for shooting our black people and shooting [Walter Scott] in the back," said Merrill Chapman, addressing the crowd. "It's not acceptable."

Protestors say the solicitor's relationship with SLED and local law enforcement is just too close for comfort.

Demonstrators wore T-shirts that read "Do you believe us now?" and came with signs and blowhorns. They listened to music and chanted "The Solicitor has got to go."

...more at link

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/28957019/ ... scott-case

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:37 pm 
ADMIN

The hypocrisy is rich

The same "types" are opposed to Mosby (Baltimore) being replaced by special prosecutor :cool

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next