It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:36 am 
ADMIN

I HOPE I don't come across as "Anti-USA"... there is a lot of that about but it is NOT what I meant to imply at all.

I think there are flaws in the Judicial System in all countries (that I have followed trials in). I just think in the case of Joran Van Der Sloot.. USA is not a place he will get a fair trial. And besides the "extortion charge" is (has become) a rort anyway :)

GZ was VERY lucky to have been acquitted.... I cringe listening to the Jurors after the event. Charges should never have been brought against GZ.. and that is true of JVS. Better no charges than relying on "luck". GZ's abuse by the system did not END with the acquittal. He is still fighting a civil suit, apparently being manipulated by a corrupt system (Judiciary). And obviously he is still hounded by a "Lynch Mob" in many ways.... including death threats. One assumes death threats are all nonsense.. but can never be sure. JVS would be subject to same if he came to USA. And who knows... some psycho with a gun may "get lucky".

I imagine IF JVS was dragged back to USA it would still take YEARS of legal back and forth... millions of dollars... a media circus......would they lock him up while that going on? A case that at least has a chance of him being acquitted? That would seem very unfair, so what would happen to JVS while the Circus proceded? Drag him back but let him walk free in USA? It all sounds like a huge mess already. There MAY be some sense to all that if he was being tried for Murder of NH, but an shonky "extortion beef"??? It's not a crime involving violence, I imagine BAIL would be in order for any other defendant, or is the JVS bias going to exclude bail? Does the USA want to actually give in to the Lynch Mob and be seen to be doing all that?

The "Lynch Mob" are STILL continuing their "Justice Quest" in regards what they imagine is Joran's GUILT in regard the Murder (and gang rape) of NH. They are vocal about the "extortion case" only because in their minds it is JVS being held to account over NH... which clearly IS NOT what any trial in USA would address.

As an aside
In fact, since the alleged crime against NH happened on Aruba I doubt that USA have "Jurisdiction" to pursue murder charges? I dont know, but if there was any evidence (which there is not), I imagine JVS would be tried in Aruba and not USA?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:43 pm 

I don't think you come across as anti USA.

I will say I think the US system is the best one out there, Zimmerman's case is an extreme or it would not be so noteworthy. In the US only
5 % of cases go to trial. I think it is sick that Zimmerman has received death threats, and a mis-use of the judicial system to have even brought him to trial. It is more the fault of the politically correct media, the race baiters, the uneducated populous and the willfully ignorant, than it is our "judicial system" that the Zimmerman case played out the way it did. The prosecutor Corey is the exception not the rule. It is though, I believe a dangerous path that we are leaning toward and that is frightening. The fact that people can and do use the judicial system to push an agenda is one of the biggest threats the US faces in remaining a solvent Republic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:04 am 
ADMIN

Joran Van der Sloot threatened to kill Peruvian prison warden, authorities say
By Carol Robinson 25, 2014

LIMA, Peru – Joran Van der Sloot, the prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway, has been transferred to a remote Peruvian lockup after authorities said he threatened to kill the warden of the prison where he was serving his time for murder.

Peruvian prison spokeswoman Janeth Sanchez told The Associated Press that Van der Sloot, 27, was moved Sunday to Challapalca, located high in the Andes near the Bolivian border. He previously was held at a prison north of Lima.

The Dutchman, who married his pregnant Peruvian girlfriend last month, is serving 28 years for the 2010 murder of Stephany Flores. The murder occurred exactly five years after the Holloway's disappearance while she was on her graduation trip in Aruba.

...more at link
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index ... tened.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:06 am 
ADMIN

Challapalca Prison

http://www.revcom.us/a/v24/1151-1160/1158/peru.htm

http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset ... 2005en.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:19 am 

I'm not surprised. IMO he's a deeply disturbed individual.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:07 pm 
ADMIN

I note the article STILL raises the issue of Natalee Holloway disappearance, and the imagined involvement of JVS in that. :doh

There is STILL no evidence of a crime and certainly no evidence linking JVS. No evidence to show what crime (if any) somebody might be charged with over that matter.

People still "drool" over the prospect of EXTRADITION TO USA. It is proposed over alleged extortion of money, not anything to do with the actual disappearance of NH. It has not happened yet, and even if it does it wont be until 2038 (or later) many droolers will not be around to see it. I doubt it will be pursued and even if it is a conviction is unlikely (IMO).

And even after all that... none of it will assuage the Lynch Mob Presumption of Guilt in regards NH Murder (and rape).

The MOST LIKELY explanation of NH's disappearance remains that she went on, or was taken on one of the yachts, coming and going to/from "Soul Beach Music Festival", and from there she met her fate. That is FAR more likely than the imagined Rape/Murder by a 17 year old school boy followed by a perfect cover up within less than an hour, perhaps involving a conspiracy with multiple people, arranged in an instant.

Since the time of NH's disappearance there have been MANY examples of cases where "Lynch Mobs" jump to WRONG conclusions, based on a false narrative. A presumption of Guilt that persists even when evidence does come to light.
In NH case there was a baseless narrative pushed on nightly TV. A frenzy of speculation based on no evidence at all. That imprinting went deep in many and has persisted.

JVS clearly grew up to be an asshole. He was convicted of murder of Stephany Flores, and rightly so IMO. But that does NOT retrospectively make him guilty in the case of NH (when he was a 17 year old schoolboy). I repeat, nobody KNOWS what happened to NH. Murder, accident, sickness (alc/drug induced), kidnapping???? Who knows?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:21 pm 
ADMIN

Joran Van Der Sloot Makes Video Message From Jail Cell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:33 am 

Yes the burden of proof doesn't seem to exist anymore. In many minds J is guilty of NH's death or disappearance. What has happened to innocent until proven guilty.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:04 pm 
ADMIN

Dutch killer Joran Van Der Sloot, stabbed twice in Peruvian prison

Of course the lynch mob types very happy to hear this. Some crimes they like.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:08 pm 
ADMIN

Joran van der Sloot reportedly stabbed in Peruvian prison, critically injured
Published November 03, 2014
Fox News Latino

Joran van der Sloot, the 27-year-old Dutchman who is the prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of U.S. teen Natalee Holloway, has been stabbed and may be in critical condition, according to a Dutch website.

In an interview with a Dutch news outlet, van der Sloot’s lawyer, Máximo Altez, said the convicted killer was stabbed in the shoulder and waist by fellow prisoners.

...more at link
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2 ... y-injured/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:23 pm 

Hmm.. I don't follow this case at all, it seems like it was not a very wise idea on Joran's part to threaten the warden. I am sure that the crowd of pitch fork carrying thugs are pleased. I can't say I feel bad for Joran as the murder he committed was so brutal. That said I'm against mob rule and thuggery so I'm not happy that he was stabbed.

As you know crime is not my thing and I only became interested in it because of a personal loss. Before I watched the Oscar mob devolve into a pitchfork carrying ameba, who furiously flamed each others hatred and fantastical scenarios of "truth" (their group truth not the factual truth) I would have believed that there was a strong undeniable link to Natalie's disappearance and Joran. The Oscar case has taught me that the MSM and internet posters are just as ignorant when it comes to facts in crime cases as they are about most things they report or post about.

It seems some folks and media are simply full of hate, they are in perpetual pursuit of their next vicim. I mean it should be enough to say " Brutal murderer Joran has been stabbed" why waste the keystrokes to raise unsubstantiated accusations? Isn't "Brutal Murderer" enough?

A world of sheeple.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:32 pm 
ADMIN

Note the story quotes "Suspect in NH case".. the lynch mob and Media can not let go.. it happened 9 years ago. As a 17yr old school boy there was NO EVIDENCE that he did anything to NH, no evidence of what even happened to her. Poor Stephany Flores (woman JVS murdered) does not rate a mention. Funny how "victim" is sacred.."don't bash the victim".. yet its quite Ok if the victim is somebody they dont like who is in prison.. hypocrisy much.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:35 pm 

I did notice that Rumpole and I am reading some reports about the stabbing. Officials are denying that it even happened?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/03/world/ame ... t-stabbed/

Interesting.

I will say that the dame that married him must be dafter than a donkey.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:49 pm 

Another article from 2 hours ago with the Peruvian denial. The story makes no sense, why would his wife sneak his bloody shirt out of prison, how would he “sneak” that to her?

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/ ... ison-wife/
And in the same article, taking center stage is is not the fact that Joran brutally murdered Stephany Flores but that he is a key suspect (evidence be damned) in Natalee’s disappearance.

Peruvian prison officials strongly denied Monday that Joran van der Sloot, a key suspect in the Natalee Holloway disappearance in Aruba, was stabbed and seriously injured in a maximum security prison in the Andes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:10 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks Carm. I didnt realize that the story was in doubt.
May well be made up by fruit-cake wife???

I am sure you get it, but for my old chums at JQ reading here.... I have NEVER been a fan or "supporter" of JVS. But there was NO EVIDENCE to even charge him, let alone convict him when NH vanished. I certainly do not regard the scum in prison as "my guys" who will mete out justice for me when the judicial system "fails". They are after all the same scum that the Mob hated before they got convicted? Whatever happens to JVS in Peru it does NOT provide "Justice for Natalee" and it does not help solve the mystery of her disappearance.
JVS was correctly tried and convicted according to norms in Peru. He does not deserve to be stabbed as justice for Stephany, and certainly not for Natalee. If the stabbing story is true, then I dont see it as a good thing? Actually I dont much CARE what happens to JVS. My interest is in the hypocrisy (and stupidity) it shows up in media and gossip circles.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:47 pm 

I agree with your sentiments Rumpole :77

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:22 am 
ADMIN

EXCLUSIVE: 'I don't want to die': Joran van der Sloot claims inmates are trying to kill him
By Mauricio MuñozPublished August 21, 2015Fox News Latino

Joran van der Sloot, xxx xxxxx xxxxxxx xx xxx xxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx, claims his life is under constant threat in prison and there is a $10,000 reward for his death.

“I don’t want to die,” the Dutch-born killer of 21-year-old Peruvian Stephany Flores said in a handwritten letter exclusively obtained by Fox News Latino.

Van der Sloot is serving a 28-year sentence in the Challapalca prison in Peru, nicknamed the “Alcatraz of Altitudes,” for killing Flores in her hotel room in 2010.

While in prison in Lima, Van der Sloot met and married Peruvian Leydi Figueroa and they had a daughter, who is now 11 months old. Figueroa spoke to Fox News Latino and shared a memo written in Spanish from her husband where Van der Sloot says that “the inmates of Challapalca believe if they kill me, the maximum security prison will be shut down.”

Van der Sloot, who claims he is now devoted to Christ, is one of only two foreigners in prison. He said because of that, all eyes are on him and he thinks killing him will capture someone's attention.

“I beg authorities to take action on my case before it’s too late and blood is spilled, with all due respect,” he wrote in a plea to human rights groups and correction’s department officials.

The letter claims Flores’ father, Ricardo, is offering $10,000 to anyone who kills van der Sloot.

“There are no security cameras in prison that would show that officials at INPE [the National Penitentiary Institute of Peru] are doing illegal things that are putting our lives at risk,” he wrote.

In a statement to Fox News Latino, Ricardo Flores adamantly denied offering to kill Van der Sloot.

“Joran is a pathological liar who will say anything to better his condition and get what he wants,” Flores said. “Now that he can’t get his way, he will say or do anything to get attention and get transferred to an easier location.”

Van der Sloot claims that in April of this year, someone placed shredded glass in his food and he almost died. A month later, he says in the letter, an inmate known as “Gordo Pepe,” or “Fat Pepe” assaulted him in an outdoor courtyard. Van der Sloot says the prison guards looked the other way as he was being attacked. There is no way to validate any of Joran’s claims as the prison does not have any security cameras throughout its facility and prohibits any electronic recording devices as well. Leydi Figueroa also told Fox News Latino that on July 28th an inmate, Carlos Tirado Huamán, was strangled to death there.

...more at link
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2 ... ife-is-in/

(Redacted by Rumpole to remove IRRELEVANT reference to NH) :roll

The hand-written letter pdf (wont do most of ya much good... it's in Spanish) :roll
http://personal.crocodoc.com/IzRwmOF

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:35 am 
ADMIN

Every time there is news of possible "Prison justice" harm coming to JVS the chattering Lynch Mob posters at True Gossip forums start to salivate/get orgasmic. :roll

I thing my reply to last "good news" about Joran stabbed applies yet again. :cool

Rumpole wrote:
I am sure you get it, Carm....but for my old chums at JQ reading here.... I have NEVER been a fan or "supporter" of JVS. But there was NO EVIDENCE to even charge him, let alone convict him when NH vanished. I certainly do not regard the scum in prison as "my guys" who will mete out justice for me when the judicial system "fails". They are after all the same scum that the Mob hated before they got convicted? Whatever happens to JVS in Peru it does NOT provide "Justice for Natalee" and it does not help solve the mystery of her disappearance.
JVS was correctly tried and convicted according to norms in Peru. He does not deserve to be stabbed as justice for Stephany, and certainly not for Natalee. If the stabbing story is true, then I dont see it as a good thing? Actually I dont much CARE what happens to JVS. My interest is in the hypocrisy (and stupidity) it shows up in media and gossip circles.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:28 am 

Rumpole wrote:
“I don’t want to die,” the Dutch-born killer of 21-year-old Peruvian Stephany Flores said in a handwritten letter exclusively obtained by Fox News Latino.

That was probably the last thing Stephany said or thought as Joran was killing her.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:51 pm 

Maltese Mama “That was probably the last thing Stephany said or thought as Joran was killing her.”

Well said Mal. Joran wouldn't be where he is if he hadn't murdered someone in cold blood.

While I don't pine for thugs to kill thugs I also don't believe a word Joran says. If he is getting beaten it likely has nothing to do with his crime as I am sure that he is imprisoned with folks who have committed more heinous crimes. If Joran is in fear for his life (more than any other inmate there) maybe he is still acting like an entitled brat which probably doesn't sit too well with his fellow inmates.

I think this is likely an accurate statement;

“Joran is a pathological liar who will say anything to better his condition and get what he wants,” Flores said. “Now that he can’t get his way, he will say or do anything to get attention and get transferred to an easier location.”

That said I would prefer that the man who murdered my friend be killed in prison by a fellow inmate rather than set free to prey on innocents again. Does that make me a terrible person? I don't know. I think the man when freed will kill again, so is my preference for one monster to kill another monster a terrible preference?

To Rumpole's larger point I would take no pleasure in the man's death, I don't think about him much, I don't hope for his rape or torture or for him to get aids like some folks were wishing on Oscar Pistorius, I just hope he is never allowed to harm another living soul. Never allowed to deprive another child of their mother. Another grandchild from his grandmother.

I do agree with Rumpole that some folks are just as sick as those that they want to see dead, tortured, raped and that they cast a shadow of depravity on their own souls with their perverse wishes for people to come to horrific ends. Some folks seem to take pleasure in thinking of and cackling about horrid things happening to horrific people. That is sick.

I think if Joran is freed he will kill again, beating and strangling the life out of another human being takes a certain disposition of soul, so I personally do not care if he comes out of the Peruvian jail in a body bag. Will it prove he killed Natalee? Nope. Will it help find Natalee? Nope. Did Joran have anything to do with Natalee’s disappearance? I don’t know.

If Joran is killed in prison there won’t be another Stephany at the hands of Joran that much will be certain.

I always think of Nietzsche when this subject comes up.

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next