It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:29 pm 
ADMIN

Terri Schiavo Foundation to Honor Family of Jahi McMath for Fighting for Her Life
by Bobby Schindler | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 2/27/14 1:40 PM

Since 2007, Terri Schiavo’s family has marked the anniversary of her death on March 31, 2005 by celebrating Terri’s Day. Through the Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Network (Narberth, PA), they have channeled the national controversy that erupted over the court-ordered decision that ended Terri’s life by removing her feeding tube into a positive effort of awareness, education and advocacy that supports thousands of families worldwide.

This year, two events will be held in Philadelphia. Glenn Beck, nationally recognized radio personality, founder of The Blaze Network, and seven-time New York Times bestselling author, will be the honored speaker at the Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Network’s 2nd Annual Award Gala and dinner on Thursday, March 27th at the Union League of Philadelphia.

...more at link
http://www.lifenews.com/2014/02/27/terr ... -her-life/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:16 pm 

Did they get Miracle Max to show up at the hospital yet? Is she still dead?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:18 pm 
ADMIN

No...not dead... just resting... or perhaps pining for the fiords?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:49 pm 

Now this does bring up a huge issue. So if she rises from the dead, how will that impact Traysus? Because they can't both be the messiah. Is there going to be a power struggle? It could split Jackson and Sharpton. Since Jackson has already said that Traysus has been resurrected, will Sharpton go with Jahihova over Traysus? Things to ponder.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:39 am 

Speaking the truth Mung! Lol

I want pics of Jahi....is she still getting mani-pedi's?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:34 am 
ADMIN

Jahi McMath: State releases report on Children's Hospital Oakland's handling of patients
By Matthias Gafni Contra Costa Times
Posted: 03/12/2014 07:22:54 PM PDT

State health investigators probing Children's Hospital Oakland over its handling of Jahi McMath concluded that the hospital complied with medical regulatory standards in her case, according to the long-awaited report obtained Wednesday through a public records request.

The report answers some questions but leaves many more unanswered about what happened to the 13-year-old Oakland girl -- who came to Children's Hospital Oakland on Dec. 9 for tonsil surgery and two other procedures to treat her sleep apnea and left brain-dead.

Investigators reviewed Jahi's patient file and 28 others chosen at random from the same time period. Their report includes no specifics from her case and does not identify any patients by name

The state's survey found one area of "deficiency" in how the hospital handled the patients' medical records, which were not always entered into an electronic medical database before surgery. Due to medical confidentiality laws, it is unclear if Jahi's case was one of those mishandled cases.

...more at link
http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci ... l-oaklands

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:03 pm 
ADMIN

I seems that Uncle Omari has done a press conference?

Instagram
http://instagram.com/iamomari#

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:46 pm 

It seems Dolan admitted Jahi died in ICU:

"The report is evidence of what the family has faced from day one, doctors covering for other doctors," Dolan said. "The family was not even interviewed, to my knowledge. How can a 13-year-old girl bleed to death in an ICU, and there is no evaluation or finding explaining that?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:48 pm 

I can't wait until she comes back to life. Praise Jahi!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:13 am 
ADMIN

Jahi McMath: Family calls state report 'B.S.'; new medical record details emerge
By Matthias Gafni
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 03/13/2014 02:33:24 PM PDT
Updated: 03/13/2014 06:49:57 PM PDT

The family of Jahi McMath and their attorney lashed out Thursday at a state report concluding that Children's Hospital Oakland complied with medical regulatory standards in its handling of the young girl's case.

Critics of the hospital questioned the thoroughness of the report, conducted by the state Department of Health, discussing for the first time details from the 13-year-old girl's medical records they say raise serious questionsabout her care at the East Bay facility. They said these details should have been addressed in the investigation.

Calling it a "B.S. report," Jahi's uncle, Omari Sealey, in tweets questioned why the family was not interviewed as part of the investigation, which was prompted by the Oakland's girls tonsil surgery and two other procedures to treat her sleep apnea. The Oakland girl wound up bleeding significantly after her surgery and was later declared brain-dead.

"The State never interviewed the family who was THERE to witness Jahi bleeding to 'CA brain death' & there is no answer why she bled?" Sealey wrote in a series of tweets. "What's done in the dark, will come to light."

The state would not comment on specific Jahi-related questions, citing patient confidentiality laws. They would only say the survey was conducted after receiving a complaint about Jahi's care.

...more at link
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-new ... report-b-s

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:41 pm 

It's articles like this one that tends to give false hope to families like Jahi's:

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/eric-sche ... racle-Coma

In it is stated, "In an interview with ABC News, Marcia Hansen, the teen’s mother, said tests indicated her daughter had essentially been brain-dead when she was brought to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo." In this article it said "tests indicated," not "3 doctors declared" etc., etc. Also, what exactly is the difference between "essentially been brain-dead" to "definitely brain dead?"

Then it says, "Lexi was in a coma for several days but on Sunday, March 2nd, the Hansen family believes they witnessed a miracle." A coma is not the same as being brain dead. So which was it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:51 pm 
ADMIN

Family says brain-dead Jahi McMath showing signs of life
Kurtis Alexander
Updated 7:52 am, Saturday, March 15, 2014

Despite being declared brain-dead three months ago, 13-year-old Jahi McMath of Oakland is tossing and turning in her hospital bed and signaling that she's aware of what's going on around her, a family member said Friday.

In an interview with The Chronicle on Friday at the office of the family's attorney, Jahi's uncle Omari Sealy, 27, said that while his niece remains unconscious, she looks healthy and moves her head, legs and arms regularly. Showing such signs of life, he said, the family is not going to give up on her.

She even turns in the direction of visitors when they enter her hospital room, an indication that she understands her surroundings, Sealy said.

"She moves so much, she can turn on her side," he said. "They have to keep her bed rails up. They're afraid she could fall out of bed."

Medical experts insist that brain-dead people are not alive. They say movement by people on mechanical support is not uncommon; it's the product of muscle and spinal reflexes.

Experts also say patients can remain on support machines for weeks or even months, but their condition is bound to deteriorate.

Sealy, however, said none of what the family has been told by doctors has come true. Jahi's complexion color is good, her heart and lungs remain strong and she has shown increasing signs of awareness, he said.

...more at link

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/F ... 319514.php

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:40 pm 

So why not post more videos of her if she looks so healthy?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:15 pm 
ADMIN

I imagine next stage.. up from absolute Brain Dead.. is posting at JQ?

So why not quote some of her JQ posts?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:44 am 

I have a friend (sister to friend who passed on Jan 22) she suffered from diabetes and seizures. Last Saturday afternoon, a neighbor/friend tried to get her to open door after many phone calls unanswered, yet knew she was home. They kicked in the door.. she was in bed, unresponsive. When she arrived at hospital her sugar level was 17. She wore an insulin pump. No one knows how long she was unconscious or how long she was without oxygen to the brain. On Tues I think was, did a brain scan. Wed said that there was no activity but did show continuous seizures. She had good bp, heart rate, and was breathing on her own. Kidneys showed prior damage but were working. She had no feeling. No grimace, no movement.

I sat up with her all night Thurs night, watching monitor. ICU nurse and I had long conversations re coma, JAHI and so forth. It is a small hosp she was at, and he only had her as a patient that night. Susan had thick mucus in her throat. they would suction. Once I saw her close her mouth as if she was swallowing. And she even opened her eyes and blinked a few times. When Nurse went to suction she gagged. and her a noise came from her throat. He got he eye flashlight thing, her pupils didn't move a bit. I knew from reading so much about Jahi that these were not stuff meaning she was going to wake up. She was not, and did not. She passed away at 730pm last night. BUT I can see where, if there were any kind of movement it would cause someone to cling to it. But she was not on life support either. I have they are using Jahi for an agenda. That's all it is. False hope and an agenda. I bet that they use all this "time she is getting better" crap, for their pain and suffering part of what they hope is a huge pay out. SMH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:43 pm 
ADMIN

Sorry th hear about your friend Mimi :give

My condolences to all who knew her and are now grieving the loss.

It is hard to maintain sympathy for Jahi's family now that this has gone on so long. Unfortunately whatever happens is "News" now. If they simply feel they can not back down and "make fools of themselves"... then they should stay away from the news and just quietly lay Jahi to rest.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:12 am 

:84 Thank you Rumpole. And I totally agree. Sadly I don't see them going away quietly. I do see it causing more grief than they realize it will. Because the Hospital hasn't been able to speak out, only thru court papers. Kinda like TM parents didn't file civil suit against GZ. Because all of St Skittles stuff would come out. Same thing will come out when/if they sue the Hospital. Jahi used as a pawn and that is wrong on so many levels.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:08 pm 

I'm Sorry about your friend also Mimi........ I don't like how that little girl is being used . :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:00 am 

:86 awww thank you sweetie!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:17 pm 
ADMIN

Mother of Brain-Dead California Girl: 'She is Asleep'
Nailah Winkfield speaks publicly for the first time since moving her daughter into a long-term care facility
By Alison Burdo
Thursday, Mar 27, 2014

The mother of the 13-year-old California girl who was declared brain dead after suffering complications during a tonsillectomy says her daughter is "still asleep" in her first interview since relocating her daughter more than 10 weeks ago from the Oakland hospital where the surgery was performed.

"I do not use the word 'brain-death' towards my daughter," said Jahi McMath's mother, Nailah Winkfield, while in Philadelphia for the Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Award Gala Thursday.
[.....]
Winkfield, however, dismissed the remarks.

"I'm definitely not grieving a loss because I kiss her everyday, tell her I love her everyday," she said. "[The hospital] did everything they could to dehumanize my daughter so that people can really envision a corpse on a ventilator."

Winkfield appreciates the facility currently caring for her daughter, saying they refer to her by name and treat her like any other teenager.

McMath's mother also takes steps to create a sense of normalcy for her daughter.

"I give her a manicure and pedicure every Friday," she said. "It's mandatory because that's what we did when we were at home."

Her daughter also has her hair braided and listens to music, like Rihanna and Beyonce, on her iPod regularly, Winkfield said.

"She is blossoming into a teenager before my eyes," said Winkfield, who plans to remain by her daughter's side for as long as it takes.

"I can do it as long as her heart is beating and as long as my heart is beating."

...more (VIDEO) at link

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc ... 50961.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next