It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:35 pm 

I disagree slightly, seeing_eye. I think some of the jurors wanted to be on the jury very, very much.

Like you, I've moved on. I very, very, very rarely click on a link about any of that family, as in pretty much never. I realize my one click makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, but the less attention they get, the less attention they'll get, kwim?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:51 pm 

liesel wrote:
Well said, JanC1955. I don't think the photos would do anything for most of the jurors, though. I mean, if the photos of her little skull wrapped in duct tape didn't do anything... kwim?

I also think Judge Perry was too confident that the case was so obvious, even these idiots could figure it out. He was wrong; they really were that stupid and/or greedy.

Totally agree. Who could've known JP should've reminded them repeatedly that Jose's absurd opening statement, having not been proved during his case in chief, could not be referred to in his closing statement, and was, in fact, pure conjecture. I'm sure JP figured the jurors could connect those dots on their own without much trouble.

But noooo. Despite the fact CA was the last one seen with the baby, despite the fact her car smelled like decomp, and despite the fact she lied her fanny off throughout the entire ordeal surrounding her "missing" toddler, the jurors decided based on Jose's opening statement that they should set her free because her family is dysfunctional and perhaps, somehow, someway, George Marie was involved.

The jurors said the state didn't prove to them that Casey killed Caylee. The evidence was right in front of their noses. They CHOSE instead to go with Jose's disgusting fairy tale.

Ugh. I get angry all over again every time I think about it. Poor Caylee. No one cared.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:30 am 

Ditto.

They were somehow convinced they weren't supposed to connect any dots. And we know they didn't review any evidence, even evidence that wasn't detailed at trial. The greedy ones convinced the total idiots that it was supposed to go like an episode of CSI - the state should have had some sort of irrefutable, no other way it could have possibly happened, even in the wildest imaginations of the most delusional juror, evidence.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn they seriously discussed the possibility that a UFO could have landed in their backyard and snatched Caylee; the state didn't disprove it. Cos, you know, the state should have been able to disprove any ridiculous theory based on zero evidence. A theory of how things could have possibly happened is not evidence it happened that way. The greedy convinced the stupid that no evidence was needed to support the defense's fairy tale. Without a video tape, a confession, and several witnesses, they weren't willing to convict.

What bothers me most, I think, other than their corruption, of course, is that they didn't convict her of any of the charges other than lying. Ok, so let's pretend (like they did) that there wasn't enough evidence to prove 1st degree murder. They didn't convict her of anything, not even child abuse. :wall

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:32 pm 

HalBoedecker wrote:
Bill Sheaffer talks Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman

Legal analyst Bill Sheaffer will discuss headline-making cases on "Central Florida Spotlight" at 12:30 p.m. Sunday on WFTV-Channel 9. Sheaffer weighs in on the Casey Anthony deposition, George Zimmerman's post-verdict activity and Shellie Zimmerman's filing for divorce.

Read more at The Orlando Sentinel.

If anyone runs across a live link, or a later video, please let us know. :)

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:07 pm 

Does anyone know what have become of Casey Anthony's parents. I just wondered if they were still living in the
same house as when the little girl first went missing or indeed, if they were still together. I always felt sorry for them during that awful time up to and including the trial.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:05 pm 
ADMIN

George and Cindy Anthony's home in foreclosure
Last Updated: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 11:36 AM

The home belonging to Casey Anthony's parents is now in foreclosure.

NationStar Mortgage LLC filed the foreclosure documents against George and Cynthia M. Anthony on Nov. 4 in Orange County.

The filing lists the value of the home, located at 4937 Hopespring Drive in the Chickasaw Oaks neighborhood, as between $50,001 and $249,999.

In the court filing, the Chickasaw Oaks Phase Three Homeowners Association and United Guaranty Residential Insurance Company of North Carolina are also listed as defendants in the case.

The case number for the foreclosure on the Orange County Clerk of Courts website is 2013-CA-013266-O.

...more at link
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/ba ... y_ant.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:34 pm 
ADMIN

Casey Anthony’s attorney defends jury’s work
By Phil Fairbanks | News Staff Reporter |
on November 16, 2013 - 9:54 PM

Jose Baez doesn’t mince words when talking about “the storm” that whirled around the Casey Anthony murder trial.

He’s not shy about lambasting the media for its tabloid-like coverage or prosecutors for their reliance on junk science.

The defense lawyer even questions the judge’s handling of what Time magazine called the social media trial of the century.

But there is one group that emerges from Baez’s critique unscathed – the Florida jury that acquitted Anthony of first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.

“I’m absolutely appalled that this jury was so vilified,” he said of the death threats and harassment that followed. “They didn’t volunteer for this job.”
[...]
He showed a newspaper headline that read, “Casey Anthony is most hated person in America,” and talked at length about the 24 Bar Association complaints he had to address during the trial.

“I can’t tell you how stressful this was,” he said.
bbm

...more at link
http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/ ... k-20131116

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:37 pm 
ADMIN

From "ThinkTank" at Websleuths....

Quote:
FLORIDA BOARD OF BAR EXAMINERS
June 29, 2000

excerpt:

“His [Jose Angel Baez "J.A.B."] overall behavior, showed “a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:54 pm 
ADMIN

H/T ThinkTank at WS...

Cindy Anthony foreclosure
http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Case No. 2013-CA-013266-O
NATIONSTAR MORTGAGE LLC vs. ANTHONY, CYNTHIA M.et al.

Total Claim by NATIONSTAR = $ 140,420.26
Cindy defaulted on payment due January 1, 2011, and all other payments after not made
Owe now - $ 128,852.06 - accruing interest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:09 pm 

I don't see how anyone can go that long without making a house payment and get away with it. Look how long they've lived there without paying any payment, rent, or anything! Yet they seem to have plenty of money to spend on other things (I guess that's why they have so much money to splurge on non-essentials).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:03 am 

This is one time where it's not just the Anthonys getting away with something. From what I've heard, it does typically take banks/mortgage companies a year or two to foreclose on a home or accept a short sale. A lot of homeowners who were underwater on their mortgages just stop paying. Many of the homeowners who purchased their units at the top of the housing bubble (several years ago) in my town home development did this and also stopped paying the maintenance fees, causing the rest of us to have to make up the difference for the last several years! :TF :59

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:42 pm 
ADMIN

Judge Belvin Perry show pushed to 2015
By Hal Boedeker Staff writer
10:51 a.m. EST, November 22, 2013

Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. may still headline a legal TV show, but it won't happen in the 2014 TV season.

"We're keeping our fingers crossed for 2015 with a new concept," Jim Lichtenstein said Friday. He will serve as executive producer, and he says he has come up a twist on the traditional judge show.

"All the distributors love Judge Perry, but they're looking for a new take on the legal show," Lichtenstein said.

So Lichtenstein will push to give that to them when he tries to sell the show for 2015.

He has not shot a pilot with Perry, but distributors saw a highlight reel of Perry in court.

...more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertai ... 25263.post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:33 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks to ThinkTank at WS... he(she) seems to be keeping up with legal motions etc....

ThinkTank wrote:
Some of Casey Anthony's Pro Bono attorneys have WITHDRAWN and no longer work for her, after a conflict with Casey Anthony. Her attorney Debra Ferwerda has filed a Motion to Withdraw as Co-Counsel of Record [along with other attorneys who had not filed a Notice of Appearance].

See detail, links to motions etc in the Kronk and ZFG suit threads

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:44 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Thanks to ThinkTank at WS... he(she) seems to be keeping up with legal motions etc....

Any idea what she is up to now? I haven't kept up since she did her video..is she living out in public or still hiding?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:59 pm 
ADMIN

I just post what pops up.... mostly legal maneuvers and motions. All going nowhere as far as I can tell.

I believe she is still in hiding in Florida. Somebody must be supporting her. No sign of her getting a job.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:22 pm 
ADMIN

Casey Anthony’s Parents Sell Family Home For $85K — Their Own Home In Foreclosure, Where Is The Money Going?!
By Amber Ryland - News Editor
Posted on Dec 3, 2013

Just one month before their own home went into foreclosure, Casey Anthony‘s parents — Cindy and George — sold their other family home in Mount Dora, Fla. for $85,000, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

So where is all the money going?

According to property records obtained by Radar, Cindy signed off on the sale of the 2-bedroom, 3-bathroom home where she once held highly publicized yard sales purportedly selling off items once belonging to her dead granddaughter, Caylee.

The 1,248 square-foot home belonged to Cindy’s father, Alexander Plesea, and it was left to her when he passed away.

Despite banking $85,000 on the house, Cindy and George’s home — where two-and-a-half-year-old Caylee died — has gone into foreclosure, as Radar previously reported.

According to court documents filed with the Orange County Register of Actions in Florida, NationStar Mortgage LLC filed foreclosure papers against the Anthonys on November 4.

...more at link
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/ ... -thousand/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:56 pm 
ADMIN

The plot thickens......

According to "Think Tank" at WS....

Quote:
OS is quoting from the RadarOnline article, and the RO article has several ERRORS.
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/ ... -thousand/

Mr. Alex is alive in a nursing home in Orlando. His Will has not been probated.
Cindy is the Administrator of her mother's Will and estate, but I do not believe the Plesea home was given to Cindy in Shirley Plesea's Will.

Cindy's brother, Rick Plesea, requested a copy of his mother's Will, which looks like he might be questioning Cindy's actions as administrator.

LAKE COUNTY
2012 CP 001508 — ESTATE OF PLESEA, SHIRLEY MARIE

11/8/2013
CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED FROM RICK PLESEA
REQUESTING COPY OF WILL COPY SENT, ENV PROVIDED

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:52 am 

Radar on Line reports a lot of things that end up being not true. TMZ is usually more accurate but they don't post about the Anthonys.

Sounds like this could be a good old family fight played out in public....I can't wait!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:12 pm 
ADMIN

H/T ThinkTank at WS

Casey Anthony got her bankruptcy DISCHARGED today
December 17, 2013

CASEY BANKRUPTCY DISCHARGED Dec 17 2013.pdf
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwEDmRA ... hNZlE/edit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:13 pm 
ADMIN

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next