It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Doctor Who
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:01 pm 
ADMIN

Doctor Who edging closer
CHRIS GARDNER

Doctor Who executives say they want to land the Tardis in New Zealand and it's beyond flattering that Peter Jackson wants to direct an episode of the hit show.

The Doctor himself, Matt Smith, urged the Waikato Times to tell Jackson last Tuesday he would like him to take the directorial reins and said he would "campaign endlessly" to film here. Within hours The Hobbit director responded with: "I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, and I think Matt's fantastic. Just name a time and place, and I'll be there!"

Wellington-based scriptwriter Neil Cross, a friend of one of the show's executive producers, Caro Skinner, then said he'd love to write a story that could only be shot in New Zealand and urged Skinner to speak to the Times.

"It is beyond wonderful that Peter is a fan of the show and it's beyond flattering that he'd even think about it," Skinner said. "I'm absolutely sure that we couldn't afford him but, you know, we can always negotiate. His enthusiasm is just fantastic of course."

........more at link
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv ... ing-closer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:12 pm 

Wow...Peter Jackson directing an episode!! :35

Bet it'll be fantastic! Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:32 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:36 pm 

How clever to turn an old Police Box into a bar!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:39 pm 
ADMIN

And its a TARDIS ... so inside would be a vast supply :24

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:43 pm 

:94

Post subject: Re: Doctor Who
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:22 am 
ADMIN

Doctor Who Themes (All of Them)

Uploaded on Aug 29, 2011
Here are all of the the themes from Doctor Who, from 1963-2010. That is every single official theme song for the series!

The Doctor Who Themes: 50th Anniversary Edition (HD) Part 1

Published on Jan 31, 2013

Every Doctor Who Theme 1963 - 2013.
Part 1: Main Themes.
Part 2: Bonus Themes.

The Doctor Who Themes: 50th Anniversary Edition (HD) Part 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:24 am 
ADMIN

Red Nose Day 2011: Rowan Atkinson is Doctor Who - Classic Comic Relief

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:46 am 
ADMIN

Doctor Who mini-episode takes off online (spoiler)
NATALIE BOCHENSKI
Last updated 10:57 15/11/2013

The eleven doctors of Doctor Who who have appeared over the 50 years the series has run

The internet exploded overnight with the release of an epic Doctor Who mini-episode that revealed key details about the character's past and saw the return of a beloved actor.

The Night of the Doctor was released nine days ahead of the full The Day of the Doctor episode, which will mark 50 years since the series began.

>>>Spoiler Warning<<<

Spoiler:
The episode featured the regeneration of the Eighth Doctor, Paul McGann, into John Hurt as The War Doctor.

McGann's only previous outing as the Doctor on screen was in the 1996 telemovie, although he has played the role in dozens of audio adventures.

His appearance delighted fans of the classic series, who took to social media to discuss the long-awaited for reveal of how the Eighth Doctor "died".

Written by series supremo Steven Moffat, the six-minute-long mini-episode begins with McGann's Doctor appearing on board a plummeting spaceship and endeavouring to help the pilot escape.

However, she refuses to enter the Doctor's TARDIS, accusing he and fellow Timelords of committing war crimes as part of their war against the Daleks.

After the spaceship crashes on the planet Karn, the Doctor is told by a cult of women that he must join the Time War, and that they can help direct his next regeneration.

The Eighth Doctor chooses to become a warrior, rejecting his long-standing role as a pacifist.

He then regenerates into a young John Hurt, an effect achieved using archival footage.

The mini-episode confirmed a popular online theory which had been doing the rounds since Hurt was revealed as the Doctor at the end of Series 7.

Christopher Eccleston played the Ninth Doctor when the series rebooted in 2005, but his regeneration was never shown.

Hurt is therefore a previously secret Doctor between the Eighth and Ninth.

The Tenth and Eleventh Doctors (David Tennant and Matt Smith) will star alongside Hurt in The Day of the Doctor, which is screened on Prime on November 24.

Matt Smith will end his time as the Doctor at the end of this year, to be replaced in 2014 by Scottish actor Peter Capaldi.

Excitement over the Doctor Who anniversary is building to fever pitch in the UK, with any revelation about the show widely shared on social media.

Producers managed to keep McGann's appearance in the mini-episode secret, although the actor had given away some hints.

On November 11, McGann posted a picture of John Hurt in his classic role of the Elephant Man on Twitter, saying "Don't want to start a rumour, but I think [he] looks like me."

...more at link
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv ... off-online

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:34 am 
ADMIN

Doctor Who 50th Special: BBC One Cinema Trailer - The Day Of The Doctor & The Time War

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:48 am 
ADMIN

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Opening Sequence (HD)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:51 am 
ADMIN

Doctor Who - The Fall Of The Eleventh - Christmas 2013 - BBC ONE Trailer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:02 am 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:29 pm 
ADMIN

Well the big weekend has arrived in NZ..... Documentaries and old Dr Who episodes both days... starting in a few minutes at 6:25 AM.

It is part of the 50th year celebrations. Tomorrow morning at 9:25 we get to see the much publicised 50th SPECIAL. The screening coincides with an 8:30 PM screening in UK... so we all get to see it at the same time. Not sure if at least some places in USA will also have access? I'll try not to post any "spoilers"... but that is tomorrow. Rest of the weekend is old episodes. I'll watch as many as I can. The very old ones are more for amusement at how hokey BBC "special effects" were back then :)
But despite the dubious special effects... and shaky scenery etc... the show had something back then... at least for kids and teens... and "that is history" as they say. Dr Who now has a huge cult following.

I have read that back in Dr Who Central (Cardiff) where I was recently... there is an extended Dr Who Experience... taking in the studios as well.... and for the live screening of this 50th Special... people can take part in being a captured group of humans... frog marched up the road by a squad of CYBER MEN to a Theatre where a screening will take place... that would be fun. I met a few Cyber men (and Daleks) myself at the Dr Who Experience

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:00 am 
ADMIN

I have NOT seen the 50th anniversary Special yet... but its on soon.

There was a bit of a "cock-up" on the planned TV watching front. The Special is on a DIFFERENT channel to the channel airing the weekend Marathon of past episodes. :40
By the time I realised that, I would have missed the first 20 minute of the Special when it was broadcast "live" here... at same time as in UK... so I decided to wait and watch the whole thing (including the start) when it is repeated tonight (soon).

Mean while the Marathon was GREAT. All weekend showed little "behind the scenes" analysis of each Dr as the show progressed over the years.. interviews with actors and directors, producers etc gave a LOT of good info... then there were episodes form each series... all 11 Dr's. Not every show ever broadcast... 50 years worth would take a lot longer than 2 days... but enough to be reminded of the show over the years... and I was a a fan from day one and continued to watch for the entire 50 years!

There was also a play... a dramatised version of how the show got started... the executive BBC producer who had the original idea... the FEMALE producer who made it happen (despite her inexperience and the rampant sexism in the business at that time, :) as well as a lot of pessimism for various reasons ..... the director, actors etc etc etc faced a lot of hurdles to get the first show aired at all... then the debut night was the night Kennedy assassinaion hit the news.... and so most viewers were watching the news....... a lot of things against it ever getting off the ground..... so all good "drama"... the struggle against the odds :)

The Special includes John Hurt playing a "extra Dr" (see the youtube above)... never part of a TV series... but slotted in (short internet clip.... labelled a "minisode") as a Dr that regenerated between the 8th Dr and the 9th Dr. The 8th Dr being the last Dr before the show was discontinued for several years, before being "Re-booted" by BBC Wales. As the "new era Dr Who" show starts the 9th Dr (played by Christopher Eccleston) has clearly just regenerated, and there is reference to a "Time War" that has gone on since we last saw Dr Who (the 8th played by McGann). Apparently Dr Who ended the "Time War" by destroying both sides.... the Daleks and the Time Lords... so he is the LAST of his own race and the Daleks are gone once and for all (fat chance) :)
So...there is a gap where anything could have happened... and so the "minisode" proposes that the was a "War Dr" during that period who had to make the decision to commit "double genocide". I await the SPECIAL to learn more about the "War Dr"

As I watched the shows today it was STRESSED that the Dr's regeneration is limited to 13 lives. We have the "11 Dr's" from the TV series... and the extra one they just slotted in. There is already a new Dr for the next series.... so that makes all 13 will have been seen..... Dr Who is a Multimillion dollar marketing "brand" now. I can NOT see them ending it after the next Dr plays the part... so there will have to be some clever plot device to get past the 13 Dr limit :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:03 am 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:45 am 
ADMIN

The opening of the Special includes scenes of the Dr and Tardis in London... all places VERY familiar to me now since my recent trip to London... it makes a HUGE difference to know the places.. places I have walked just a few weeks ago :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:48 am 
ADMIN

I wont "spoil" the Special.....it does cover the whys and wherefore of the "Time War" that previously was just something the modern Drs refer to as having happened. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:26 pm 
ADMIN

Doctor Who star Jenna Coleman reveals she was ‘angry’ when Matt Smith decided to leave
Saturday 23 Nov 2013 7:00 pm

Doctor Who actress Jenna Coleman has revealed she was ‘angry’ when Matt Smith decided to leave the series.

Speaking at the Doctor Who Official 50th Celebration at London’s ExCeL, Coleman said filming Smith’s final episode – the Christmas special – was ‘awful’.

‘We’ve just filmed the Christmas episode. It was pretty awful,’ she said.

‘It was a bit of whirlwind. It was incredibly exciting because you’re welcoming in a new Doctor (Peter Capaldi) but then at the same time you’re also feeling incredibly heartbroken and kind of angry as well.’

Smith’s final episode will be broadcast on Christmas Day and viewers will see the 11th Doctor regenerate – ushering in The Thick of It actor Peter Capaldi as the new Time Lord.

...more at link

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:30 pm 
ADMIN

Peter Capaldi makes Doctor Who debut in The Day of the Doctor 50th anniversary special cameo
24 Nov 2013 12:22

But following the regeneration of John Hurt's War Doctor, will new Doctor be the Twelfth... or number thirteen?

Peter Capaldi made his Doctor Who debut in a blink and miss it cameo during the BBC sci-fi favourite's star-studded 50th anniversary special.

The uncredited appearance in The Day of The Doctor came as footage of the role's previous incarnations was repurposed for the feature-length episode's climax, ensuring every Time Lord actor was honoured as part of the celebration.

Nine other faces of the space adventurer were seen coming together with Who stars Matt Smith, David Tennant and John Hurt for a storyline in which the TARDIS owner's various guises pooled resources to calculate a seemingly-impossible solution to save Gallifrey from Dalek attack.

A piercing glare from the Twelfth Doctor then flashed up on screen, following a brief sight of a TARDIS-style lever being pulled.
Fourth Doctor Tom Baker also made a surprise showing - 32 years after he put down his sonic screwdriver - as a character hinting to Smith's Doctor that his efforts did save Gallifrey from destruction.

And while it sounded as if it may have been Baker's voice announcing 'number thirteen's' arrival, viewers pondered whether the words were actually spoken by Capaldi, indicating that the Glasgow-born actor may soften his Scottish accent for the international hit show.

...more at link
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doct ... ts-2846485