It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Kendrick Johnson case
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:27 pm 
ADMIN

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Kendr ... 82521.html

Attorney: Surveillance Video That May Show Kendrick Johnson In Gym Withheld

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder what happened to Kendrick Johnson's body parts. They were removed and the body was stuffed with newspapers. Crump smells civil suits, but who to sue??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:55 pm 

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/us/georgia-gym-mat-death/

Gym mat death shocker: Body stuffed with newspaper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:17 am 

This is the saddest thing I have read. What mortician would stuff a body with newspapers? Where did his organs actually go to? Did the State really send them? It isn't like any of those organs could have been used so there would be no profit in them.

As much as I dislike Crump, this may be a time when his big mouth may serve so purpose if he stays away from his standard rhetoric.
Quote:
"These parents sent their son to school with a book bag and he was returned to them in a body bag," said family attorney Ben Crump.

I consider Cheven King to be the family's actual lawyer since he has been handling this for months.

Quote:
By Greg Gullberg
April 25, 2013
Family & Friends of Dead Lowndes Student Arrested in Protest
Valdosta, GA - Cheers, tears and hugs marked the scene outside the Lowndes County Jail in Valdosta Thursday evening. Eyewitness News was the only News Team there when Jacquelyn Johnson was freed at sundown.

She's one of seven protesters arrested at the Lowndes County Courthouse Thursday for demanding answers in the death of her son, 17 year old Kendrick Johnson, also known as "KJ". He was found dead at Lowndes High School, wrapped in a wrestling mat in January.

"I'm going to be right back out at the courthouse in the morning (Friday), ready to do it all over again, until we get justice," said Jacquelyn Johnson, KJ's mother.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Famil ... 89431.html

Insult to injury, IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:55 am 

Crump is their civil attorney. They are looking for lawsuits. IMO I'm interested to see if this can be made into a racial issue.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:09 pm 

I think we would all be surprised at how funeral homes prepare a body for burial. I know dentures are not left in a body and filling is put in the face. Also the mouth is sewn shut. Since the organs were decomposing at a high rate as he was found the next day, IIRC, they may have simply disposed of them at the funeral home. It would keep the smell down for the funeral and burial. It seems to me, instead of a usual filling, they probably used newspapers to save money. Newspapers are biodegradable I think. I would think the medical examiner kept samples just in case. I believe the funeral home is being investigated for how they prepare a body.

No one is any the wiser unless, like in this case, the body was exhumed. While shocking to the family it may not be unusual.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:28 pm 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/1 ... 79649.html

Now the family has enlisted the help of Tallahassee, Fla.-based attorney Benjamin Crump. Best known as the lawyer who helped focus national attention on the February 2012 shooting death of Martin by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, Crump has pursued several civil rights cases against law enforcement agencies. He said Johnson's parents came to him seeking help.

Johnson's family asked the Justice Department to get involved, arguing that authorities failed to investigate Johnson's death thoroughly because he's black.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:40 pm 

So Crump is going after another police department and the racial issue is coming forward. :doh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:57 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:
Crump is their civil attorney. They are looking for lawsuits. IMO I'm interested to see if this can be made into a racial issue.

Freddy is trying to make it into a racial issue. Clearly, he hopes to make this tragedy his next pay day as does Crump. Fred claims there was a triangle between the Sheriff, the Sheriff's daughter and Johnson and that at least the Sheriff is white. See Crump is using more "catchy" phrases for the media. Crump is a scumbag. I think George can breathe a little easier. Expect Jesse, Al and the other race baiters are moving on to make this racial.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:56 pm 

cherpa1 wrote:

Freddy is trying to make it into a racial issue. Clearly, he hopes to make this tragedy his next pay day as does Crump. Fred claims there was a triangle between the Sheriff, the Sheriff's daughter and Johnson and that at least the Sheriff is white. See Crump is using more "catchy" phrases for the media. Crump is a scumbag. I think George can breathe a little easier. Expect Jesse, Al and the other race baiters are moving on to make this racial.

So is Freddy saying the white Sheriff was not doing his job because his daughter was involved with Johnson? That's weird.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:12 pm 

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Questions- ... index.html

Questions over Kendrick Johnson autopsy

Video

It looks like the organs were destroyed because of the level of decomposition.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:24 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/10/kendrick-johnson-georgia-benjamin-crump_n_4079649.html

Now the family has enlisted the help of Tallahassee, Fla.-based attorney Benjamin Crump. Best known as the lawyer who helped focus national attention on the February 2012 shooting death of Martin by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, Crump has pursued several civil rights cases against law enforcement agencies. He said Johnson's parents came to him seeking help.

Johnson's family asked the Justice Department to get involved, arguing that authorities failed to investigate Johnson's death thoroughly because he's black.

I don't see how this can become racial. He died of an asthma attack. They did the autopsy and confirmed that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:36 pm 

^This

Because the armchair scientists and pseudo-criminal expert wonks like Fred Leatherman and his army of bobbleheads do not seem to understand basic science. Because the picture of the kids face shows like someone beat the dog crap out of him, they seem to not understand basic gravity and livor mortis.

Black kid dies and a white Sheriff is involved. This means it HAS to be a racist murder.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:21 pm 

livor mortis?

:wall

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:34 am 

Is that not the pooling of blood in a dead human body?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:39 am 

It sounds so horrible, but after they do an autopsy, they do not put the organs back into the cavity of the body. We were told when my sister in law passed away, that they put cardboard and such to make the area stiffer. You are embalmed, which is a preservative. Sadly and I hate it for this family, but it sounds to me like they attnys are making it sound worse by saying this. I personally think the media/attny just working on emotion.

My sis in law passed away at home and due to her age they said she had to have an autopsy. I sometimes just plain ask too many questions. That time.... well I wont forget it.

And Google is your friend, too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:40 pm 

Has anyone seen the death picture? Obviously, it's the pic on the right. Doesn't look like livor mortis to me - looks like his head and face were beaten. On the other hand, there are several reasons why the Sheriff's version could be true.

http://www.the360experiment.com/wp-cont ... ick111.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:16 pm 

forensicpsy wrote:
Has anyone seen the death picture? Obviously, it's the pic on the right. Doesn't look like livor mortis to me - looks like his head and face were beaten. On the other hand, there are several reasons why the Sheriff's version could be true.

http://www.the360experiment.com/wp-cont ... ick111.jpg

It looks more like gravity and bloating to me. But what do I know. It is a very odd case and without seeing the layout of the gym, positions of the rolled up mats, where the shoe was...I find it hard to believe that someone clamoring up would fall upside down into a rolled mat. You would think the momentum would bring it down sideways along with other mats if they were rolled up around the one he was in.

IDK.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:00 pm 

This case is heating up. The US Attorney for the Middle District is reopening the investigation. A couple of videos on CNN and anti-Zimmerman lawyer nut Sandy is at it again with crucifying Georgia LE. Crump in an interview with the Johnson family states it is a "cover up". Georgia Bureau of Investigation was brought in immediately on the tragedy. So who is covering up, what?
The mats weigh a couple of hundred lbs. The teenager was in a mat that was surrounded by other mats. Not so easy to move. The top of the mats could only be reached from the top of the bleaches as the mats are 7 feet high and not rigid as they are soft wrestling mats. Can't see anyone being able to clamor up the side of the mats. I trust the GBI investigation process. Why would anyone be doing a "cover up" in this case. It is bizarre but bizarre things happen. Johnson's blood and body fluids drained into his face and head as he was upside down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:20 pm 

Sunny Holstin, standing in for Nancy Grace calls Crumpet "the premiere Civil Rights attorney in the nation". The attorney who has been Johnny on the spot from the get go claims that the High School specifically the football program are the jewel of the community and "influential families" whose sons are involved with the death are part of the cover up with the folk in the Town, the School, the Sheriff and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Sunny did not learn anything with her comments and view of the Martin case. Hard to believe there are people dumb enough to believe this stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:15 pm 

Sunny Hostin! Reminds me why I no longer watch HLN.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next