It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:29 am 

Well, we know the alphabet networks write the narrative story first, then look for things to back it up later, if at all, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit, DebFrmHell.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:38 am 

As I said at CTH: I withhold any commentary until the interview itself is aired. But if Shellie later tries to claim that ABC edited the interview or quoted her out of context, she'll have nobody but herself to blame.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:45 am 

Yes, exactly, Chip. Why on earth would she agree to an interview???? She knows what's going to happen with it...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:29 am 

I have to wonder if Shellie did this to bring much needed money for herself and George. It's odd that she would state "she wants to stay married and have children" and then in the same breath say 'she'll have to think about staying with George". My bet this was just another case of the MSM trying to shape the story they want to tell.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:33 am 

Oh, there is no doubt that ABC, who has a long history and was infamously outed paying for stories in the Anthony case, iirc, will twist even on point comments to make them fit their narrative even better. None. I hadn't considered SZ may have received a hefty payment for her interview. I certainly hope she did, and I hope she and GZ are laughing all of the way to the bank with it.

We still have one item outstanding, LondoJowo... what Shellie's "apology letter" should have said. It appears kbp hasn't found the time to accommodate us on that score. How about you? Care to try your hand (and keyboard) at it? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:43 am 

Dear Honorable(?) Judge Lester.
I'm sorry that I had to mislead you about George and my finances however, had you had the bollocks to dismiss the case against George I would have never been in the position to do so. You knew that the states case was weaker than a poor man's tomato soup(*) yet you stated they had a strong case so you could be recused and be free of any blame for this malicious prosecution. Please accept my sincerest apology(**).

Best and Highest Regards,
Shellie

*(McD's Ketchup package and hot water)
**(Tongue bit and fingers crossed behind back)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:47 am 

Maybe Shellie agreed to the interview because she needs money.

But, I think she could have made money by writing a book from her perspective.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:54 am 

I think a book for either/or George/Shellie is forth coming. Books take time to write/publish and begin generating income/profit whereas an interview will generate funds immediately.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:57 am 

Agree...interview equals quick generation of funds.

I haven't seen the interview, but have seen a picture of her....noted no attorney with her.

I sure hope her attorney was with her during the interview.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:13 am 

Leave to the MSM and Trayborgs to try to present a new story and motive for GZ shooting TM. :94

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/29/ ... oting.html

Quote:
In an interview with ABC, Shellie Zimmerman said that she had left her husband George the night before the shooting. If you don’t know anything about domestic violence statistics, this might not have set off any alarms. But I do, and suddenly the murder of Trayvon Martin makes so much more sense.

Shellie explained that she wasn’t home that February night, “I was staying at my father’s house. We had gotten into an argument the night before, and I left.”

The sure thing that will set an abuser off is when the victim leaves. Domestic violence stats reveal that this is the most dangerous time for a woman leaving an abuser. It can be lethal.

So Shellie leaves George and the next night, he’s out on the streets looking for someone else to control and abuse, as a substitute for his wife, whom he can’t control at that moment. Nothing irks an abuser more than having control taken away.

Shellie is still sticking by George’s story about that night, though she admits she can’t speak to what was going through his mind since she was gone.

“That’s just not his way,” Shellie answers in response to a question about whether George profiled Trayvon. But clearly it is his way.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:16 am 

To the Honorable* Judge Lester,

I sincerely regret that, during the bond hearing for the malicious prosecution of my husband, I was unaware of my legal and moral obligation to disclose to the court information that was not explicitly requested of me. I further regret that the State's attorney, Bernie de la Rionda, displayed such unprofessional incompetence during his questioning of me regarding the financial state of my husband, that he failed to articulate questions in a manner designed to elicit explicit, objective answers.

It is with utmost contrition of heart that I admit that I did not tell this court or your Honor* the exact amount of money within a PayPal account over which I had no control, and to which I had no direct access. Again I admit my regret, in that I do not understand the decision of this court, your Honor*, and the State's attorney not to follow through with my suggestion during my bond hearing testimony to contact the administrator of the PayPal account, my brother-in-law, Robert Zimmerman, Jr., in order to ascertain the balance of the PayPal account; but while I do not understand that decision, I accept that the decision of the court, your Honor*, and the State's attorney represents wisdom that far exceeds my ken.

Thus, I admit that I am guilty of misleading the court, your Honor, and the State's attorney, and I take full responsibility for my ignorance regarding the exact amount in the PayPal account. I throw myself upon the the completely just, objective, and utterly unbiased mercy of this court, your Honor*, and the State's attorney. My utter contrition is surpassed only by my extreme gratitude that my moral turpitude in this matter did not extend so far as to claim under oath that I was a minor, or to claim that my ignorance of the PayPal account balance was due to my need to go to the hospital for medical treatment never sought, or that I didn't say something that three other people witnessed my saying.

I am also indebted to this court, your Honor*, and the State's attorney for allowing me the opportunity to accept this plea deal that will avoid the loss of my concealed carry weapons permit due to a felony conviction; given the constant death threats under which I and my family have been living for the past year and a half, I fear my life may depend on my ability to exercise my right to carry protection as I complete my 100 hours of community service as penance for my actions.

Respectfully,

Shellie Zimmerman

* Where "Honorable" means "displayed such egregious bias against my husband that you were forced by 5DCA to recuse yourself", apparently

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:20 am 

LondoJowo - excellent! So very much better and accurate than what was filed.

:Gslap :lol

Well done! Thank you! :give

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:33 am 

Puzzler and LondoJowo - Yes, I certainly hope both are in the process of writing about their experiences and I hope both make a boatload huge yachtload of money from it. It seems the least they should get for all they've suffered and continue to suffer at the hands of racists, and bitter losers who project their self-loathing outward onto innocents like GZ and SZ.

Maybe they're still negotiating for a book deal? Otherwise, I truly can't understand why SZ would agree to what would undoubtedly turn into a hatchet interview. It's not like she picked a friendly venue, kwim? So hopefully, the choice was the highest bidder for her appearance because they've haven't negotiated a hefty advance with a future publisher yet.

I suppose it's possible they haven't had book offers, that some publishers may not want the bad publicity from signing them, as was reported about baby-killing-Casey-Anthony, iirc. But wouldn't the publishers know that for the most part Trayborg™ don't buy (or read) books? If they were intelligent, book-buying kinds of people, they wouldn't be Trayborg™!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:38 am 

Thanks for the link to the latest Trayborg™ theory, LondoJowo. That kind of contradicts GZ's immediate request to have someone call his wife, doesn't it?

The Trayborg™ just will not give up trying to find some theory that would tend to implicate GZ. The one thing they will not try, will not even consider, is reviewing the actual evidence. That could lead to them actually realizing he's innocent, and that is to be avoided at all costs, of course.

This reminds me of something I read recently about "fringe kooks" and I'm not even being snarky about it. But it sort of dovetails with comments/observations most of us have remarked on over the last year or so. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit to add: Found two - Squeaky Fromme, Sara Jane Moore, Lee Harvey Oswald and the Radical Impulse and Fringe Politics Isn't Really About Politics

From the first link:
RStacyMcCain wrote:

All these people were crazy, but they took themselves quite seriously — as crazy people usually do — and the criminal havoc they caused was the frothing foam of the gigantic tsunami wave of political radicalism that crashed through America in the 1960s.

Profound psychological alienation, which often manifests itself as a resentment of authority and a rejection of social norms, is the driving impulse of radicalism. Although radicals are typically, like Oswald, “obsessed with political ideology” and quick to cite government policies as the grievances that justify their radicalism, their alienation leads them to reject conventional politics. The radical lacks the kind of patience needed to work steadily to persuade voters and mobilize support for reform policies, because the radical’s real grievance is not political, but rather psychological, in nature.

The alienated radical suffers from feelings of helplessness and insignificance and, unable to find satisfaction in ordinary life, seeks to vindicate himself — to prove that he is a person of historical importance — by grandiose gestures on behalf of fringe ideologies, savagely lashing out against “the system” he rejects in a sort of sour-grapes rationalization: Feeling rejected by society, he rejects society in revenge.

Because his true motives are profoundly irrational, rooted in his own psychological resentments, the radical’s political involvement makes no sense when closely scrutinized, ...

Sound like any Trayborg™ you know (of)?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:57 am 

liesel wrote:
Yes, exactly, Chip. Why on earth would she agree to an interview???? She knows what's going to happen with it...

The only reason I can think of is part of the settlement with GZ . :46

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:01 pm 

chipbennett wrote:
To the Honorable* Judge Lester,

* Where "Honorable" means "displayed such egregious bias against my husband that you were forced by 5DCA to recuse yourself", apparently

Chip you have out done yourself again. :77

Edit to excerpt Chip's infinitely repeatable wit and wisdom ~liesel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:08 pm 

auscitizenmom wrote:

And, I hate that. :TF It makes me sick :NN20 , angry, :WW , and just plain crazy :95 .

I feel the same way....... :NN20

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:27 pm 

My post above was updated with links and an excerpt of the mentioned article, if you're interested. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:31 pm 

The Politicus article is what I was afraid would be the outcome of Shellie's interview. We should expect more of the same from the usual sources, MSNBC, Piers Morgan, Nancy Grace, Dr. Drew etc.... This will give them material for a few more shows. It's all a bunch of BS. IMO, Shellie should not have aired their dirty laundry in public. Funny thing is there's so much more dirty laundry in the Martin family and no one will touch it. One of the biggest things that disgusts me is how Trayvon has been elevated to a martyr for civil rights. To hear the speeches from Saturday and yesterday referencing TM is nauseatingly. I hope Shellie hasn't given cause to the DOJ investigation to use against George.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:05 pm 

Now I'm seeing other places saying this interview was just a ploy for SZ/GZ to raise more money and nothing more. They don't trust anything SZ says because she's now a confessed liar (perjurer).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next