It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 35  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:42 pm 
ADMIN

MAY IN THE DOCK: Court Case Challenges Brexit Extension
By Darrell Goodliffe, Political Editor
Posted on May 9, 2019

I am sure that no Brexiteer can forget Gina Miller and how she took the government to court in a bid to force the Government to put triggering Article 50 and therefore beginning the Brexit process to a Parliamentary vote. Miller successfully argued her case and incidentally at the time told the then UKIP leader, Nigel Farage that he should be her “biggest fan”.

Now the proverbial boot is (kind of) on the other foot as Robin Tilbrook, Chairman of the English Democrats, is challenging the legality of seemingly interminable extension of Article 50. Although, of course, were the government to lose this case it would illicit an almighty cheer from every Brexiteer up and down the land, this is not, strictly speaking about the politics of Leave v Remain as the claim submitted to the High Court explains:

This is not an attempt to engage in politics by another means but a question of whether the Crown may, without primary legislation and potentially indefinitely, extend the application of EU law, the obligations of membership and the fetter it places on Parliamentary sovereignty.

...more at link
https://www.politicalite.com/brexit/may ... extension/

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:35 pm 
ADMIN

EU earthquake. The Brexit Party polls higher than Labour and Tories, COMBINED!
The Duran
Published on May 13, 2019

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:42 pm 
ADMIN

And... if there was EVER any doubt that Farage is just "Tory-lite" ......

Nigel Farage says it’s his 'duty’ to stand as MP at the next general election as he campaigns in a Labour heartland where 70 per cent of voters backed LEAVE and warns Corbyn's party is 'vulnerable'

• Mr Farage won't reveal election seat - but spoke in Yvette Cooper's constituency
  • Ex-UKIP chief says the PM cannot ignore the millions set to vote for Brexit Party
  • Admits he'd 'do deal with the devil' to get No Deal including backing new Tory PM
  • Brexit Party is racing ahead with a predicted 34 per cent of the vote on May 23
  • Theresa May 's Conservatives are heading for just 10 per cent - putting them 5th
  • Labour on 16 per cent, Lib Dems on 15 per cent and Greens on 11 per cent
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg begs traditional Tory voters to back them to help a new leader

By Martin Robinson, Chief Reporter For Mailonline
Published: 18:38 AEST, 13 May 2019 | Updated: 01:59 AEST, 14 May 2019

Nigel Farage today revealed he will stand to be an MP - calling it 'his duty' - as his Brexit Party looks set to thrash the Tories into fifth place in the upcoming EU elections.

The former UKIP leader also admitted he would be willing to prop up the next Conservative leader to make them Prime Minister in the event of a hung Parliament - but only if they agree to leave the EU with No Deal on World Trade Organization (WTO) terms.

He told LBC today: 'I'm going to have to [stand] of course. It's a duty. We cannot ever allow again a great democratic exercise like this to be railroaded aside by career politicians of the Labour and Tory parties'.

Mr Farage, who last stood in South Thanet in 2015 but lost to the Tories -his seventh failed attempt at getting into Parliament - has not said the constituency he would target.

...more at link
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... place.html

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:58 pm 
ADMIN

You can't deny that Farage is making HUGE political gains.

I HOPE it works out to be for the good of the Country and not just for Farage personally.

I think he has all but killed off UKIP, and damaged the Tories at the same time. There is Political space center-right for Farage Party (and maybe other parties)

Mind you... I think it has more to do with how HOPELESS the Tories have been (especially May, but most of them)... rather than brilliant moves by Farage as such.

The narrative that Batten (Tommy Robinson/ YT boys) has pulled UKIP to the far right is of course a MSM fake news narrative... but it has worked as far as many brainwashed Normies go. UKIP would have struggled to stay relevant (and popular) once BREXIT was achieved... and that would be more of a struggle with Farage Party vying for the same sort of policies... and voters.

I still think there is a place for a Tommy Robinson (Party)... NOT far right as they will be labeled... but certainly "Popularist Movement" like we see in several other European countries. If Tommy picks the correct electorate he might just win himself an MP seat in a General Election, and with the right (popular) candidates in selected electorates he might even be able to get a few other MPs aligned with the same Popular movement (Party)

In Hindsight..
Just as well that Tommy is INDEPENDENT.. and not tangled up with UKIP (and their demise)... funny how that worked out :roll
Rather than Tommy (the false portrayal of Tommy) dragging UKIP down.... it would have been Media smears of UKIP that might have dragged Tommy away from his core base supporters.

I think Tommy Robinson could be BIGGER THAN UKIP (and even Farage Party also)

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:37 am 
ADMIN

The Brexit Party’s Most Senior Election Official Says Tommy Robinson Has Been “Persecuted” And Islamophobia Is “Made Up”

Nigel Farage distanced himself from his party's national election agent after BuzzFeed News uncovered the posts.

Posted on May 14, 2019, at 3:50 a.m.

The Brexit Party has distanced itself from its most senior election official after BuzzFeed News found he had defended Tommy Robinson and repeatedly mocked the concept of Islamophobia.

Noel Matthews, the Brexit Party’s national election agent and the person with ultimate legal responsibility for its European election campaign, last year posted an article sympathetic to the far-right former EDL activist and wrote: “THIS. Tommy Robinson Drew Attention to Grooming Gangs. Britain Has Persecuted Him.”

Nigel Farage has said that one of his main reasons for quitting UKIP and setting up the Brexit Party was his former party’s “fixation” with Robinson and Islam.

But in developments that contradict Farage’s claims that his new party is “deeply intolerant of all intolerance”, in February this year — after the Brexit Party had been set up — Matthews praised a rally organised by Robinson at the BBC. “Tommy's no politician but it looks like he has the BBC bang to rights,” he wrote. “His rally is about corrupt media. It's not about racism or fascism.”

It can also be revealed that Matthews, a former UKIP candidate, has repeatedly questioned and mocked the concept of Islamophobia. Farage has previously insisted that his Brexit Party would not “even be discussing Islam”.

In a tweet last year Matthews asked: “Is it Islamaphobia or Islamophobia? I missed it when that word was made up”.

...more at link
https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/br ... y-robinson

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:04 am 
ADMIN

https://twitter.com/UKIP/status/1128408598307061762

Apparently... May will introduce the same old shit (not allowed)... but within a withdrawal bill.. going through all the Bill processes (amended in committee etc), and so that will get over the rule about NOT introducing the same thing :roll

It should NOT pass 4th time... already failed 3 times.

There will need to be some sort of deal with Labour? and I cant see that working out well... for either Party....

And.... as I keep saying... the EU bureaucrats have already said THEY will not accept any departures from the "Treaty"... so whatever May gets through UK parliament may well be rejected by EU :roll

Once again... Maybe the EU will simply get fed up and expell the UK?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:24 am 
ADMIN

Delingpod 20: Gerard Batten
The James Delingpole Channel
Published on May 14, 2019

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:17 am 
ADMIN

Peter Bone STUNS May as he pulls out letter in PMQS demanding PM resigns NOW

BREXITEER Peter Bone stunned Theresa May in Prime Minster Questions when he revealed a letter signed by Conservative activists demanding a no deal Brexit and her resignation immediately.

By Gerrard Kaonga
PUBLISHED: 07:21, Thu, May 16, 2019 | UPDATED: 07:59, Thu, May 16, 2019

Tory MP Peter Bone shocked Theresa May and the House of Commons when he pulled out a letter signed by loyal Conservative activists with demands of the Prime Minister. Mr Bone explained that these Conservatives considered Mrs May’s deal worse than remaining in the EU and wanted her to resign before the European elections next week. The Leave supporting MP said: “For more than 20 years I have worked with an incredible group of Conservatives in Wellingborough Rushden.

...more at link
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11275 ... a-May-PMQS

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:20 am 
ADMIN

May agrees to set timetable for her departure after vote on Brexit bill

Whatever that means.... :roll

A "Timetable?

How about she goes NOW!!! :cool

Apparently she will go 1st week of June.... but I'll believe that only AFTER she is gone.

2 MORE WEEKS?? :doh

And it gets worse.... the 2 weeks (June) is just the delay before she announces her "timetable of when she might leave" :wall

UK STILL needs to exit EU (with no deal).... NOW!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:29 am 
ADMIN

There is now discussion of WHO will take over as PM

I have only been following UK politics limited to the Brexit farce...but I have not seen anybody I would want as PM.

Certainly NOT Boris Johnson

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:41 pm 
ADMIN

Theresa May is the latest in a long line of treacherous British Prime Ministers
Richard Inman
Published on May 20, 2019

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:07 am 
ADMIN

Theresa May is INSANE
Her "new" bill offers a SECOND REFERENDUM!!!!
:wall

May's Daft Deal (treaty).... 4th time will lose

UPDATE
Now predicting a defeat of 119 after more Tory MPs have declared they will vote against.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:33 am 
ADMIN

Maybe May is trying for a record?

Her FIRST defeat was an all time record on this crap... lost by 230.

she tried to do WORSE... TWICE... but she kept getting slightly more support :doh

149 defeat second time..... 58 defeat third time.... but now with SECOND REFERENDUM before enacting the first....

May says... "Hold my beer"

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:47 am 
ADMIN

Parliament Live audio and video service
https://www.parliament.uk/site-informat ... o-service/

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:15 pm 
ADMIN

UK Papers....

Speculation over the final throes of Theresa May’s premiership dominates Thursday’s papers.

Many carry images of the “bleary-eyed” Prime Minister in the back of her car, the scenes said to be reminiscent of Margaret Thatcher’s departure from Downing Street.

The Daily Telegraph says Mrs May “bunkered down” in Number 10 on Wednesday night after her Cabinet revolted over the final version of her Brexit Bill and leader of the Commons Andrea Leadsom resigned.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/ar ... ay-23.html

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:14 pm 
ADMIN

https://twitter.com/POTerritory/status/ ... 4439841792

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:04 pm 
ADMIN

Spineless Tories unable to get Theresa May to resign, as Brexit fiasco hits new low
The Duran
Published on May 23, 2019

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:12 pm 
ADMIN

It now seems unlikely (to me) that Tommy Robinson will win an MEP seat

I WANT Tommy to win... of course... but I don't think he will. I think Tommy MEP would be a historic British political/social event. As Tommy says, the START of something really big and significant. Without a win for Tommy I envision a very bleak future for the UK in the medium term at least. The Tories will cobble together some sort of "Brexit in name only" (BINO)... a complete cop-out of Democracy... and otherwise it will be Tory/Labour "business as usual". Neither UKIP, nor Farage UK (FUK) will have much (if any) impact, after the BINO deal.

Sad, but true. Tommy MEP was the only thing that MIGHT have triggered some sort of "revolution".. at least in the minds of the establishment/Media. Also, UKIP will not gain any MEP seats... and I doubt they will gain any traction in the next UK general election. They will not win any MPs in Westminster Parliament. They will likely gradually vanish altogether.

The Farage UK Party (FUK) will likely win 30+ MEP seats and LibDems will gain a few as well.... so what?

That sort of result is already "baked in the cake". The only "Message" that would in anyway "shock" the establishment is an MEP win for Tommy. The media will argue about whether the EU results indicate Leave or Remain is favored, and really there will be no CLEAR indication (pseudo second referendum on Brexit). Farage has had YEARS as an MEP and that alone does NOT facilitate UK leaving EU.. and it wont this time. Maybe a few one minute witty sound bites from Nigel in the European Parliament ... which are soon forgotten.. much like "zinger tweets"... they are transitory and achieve NOTHING. I can not see Farage (FUK) being a serious force in Westminster politics. There is a LOT more involved in producing a coherent Manifesto, policies, branch offices and staff etc....attracting MEMBERS and serious MP candidates (as opposed to people running for short term "joke" MEP seats, and donors REGISTERING to "Put Nigel back on the Brussels gravy train" GoFundMe for Nigel)

As far as the underlying matter of LEAVING the EU....Sadly, some sort of Brexit "deal" will be agreed to by Westminster Parliament... maybe with Boris as PM.. before October? or maybe after yet another "Extension"? It will be a "compromise"... "soft Brexit"... actually a "Brexit in Name Only" (BINO)...

What a complete waste of 3+ years!!! :wall

I don't see Tommy Robinson getting the "spark" he was hoping for to set a "revolution" in motion. There is too much APATHY in the general population... FROGS doing nothing as the water temperature rises. Maybe Tommy should turn his back on "politics"... get back to his "Day Job"... JOURNALISM... investigative journalism and real exposure of issues and those who are complicit.

While I am in "Prediction mode"...
I really don't KNOW... I am just guessing... but I think Tommy will be found GUILTY at his Trial 4th and 5th July.
IF the powers-that-be have even a scrap of decency, the sentence will be "Time served" ... He will be found guilty but released from Court.
I think the State are conscious of being sued for things like "false arrest", "false imprisonment" with an element of "torture"/ inhumane treatment etc. so they will want to find Tommy guilty of SOMETHING... anything really, so that they can say that was what Tommy served prison time for. If Tommy is acquitted at his upcoming trial... then I would think he has an iron-clad claim for massive compensation... millions!!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:13 am 
ADMIN

Apparently.... the plan is to let Theresa May still be PM when Trump visits :doh

WHY?

3rd June meeting.... D-Day commemoration on the 6th.

May needs to go like .... yesterday.. Protocol and photo ops should NOT be a consideration that means another 2-3 weeks delay in getting started on Brexit... that shit is costing UK MILLIONS of pounds (per day)

Trump does not need to meet some daft woman who is on her way out? :wall

These meetings between world leaders are CLAIMED to be more than just (expensive) photo-ops... the leaders are said to have private exchanges about important stuff.... Trump is NOT likely to be interested in what some daft woman with Mad cow disease has to say... and he certainly wont be revealing any US classified info.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:20 am 
ADMIN

Theresa May set to announce her departure date in address to the nation today
Jane WhartonFriday 24 May 2019

The Prime Minister is set to meet the leader of the backbench Conservatives, Sir Graham Brady, today to discuss her future. Barring a last minute change of heart, she is then set to address the nation on her plans to step aside. Sources say that June 10 is likely to be the start of the official leadership race.

...more at link
https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/24/theresa- ... y-9672615/

----------------------------------
Guardian have a LIVE BLOG

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... -live-news

-------------------
Watch Live.....

Theresa May reported to announce departure date | Downing Street LIVE
The Sun
Started streaming 59 minutes ago

LARRY (the cat) showed up (at about 50 min mark?)

Somebody eventually opened the door... but Larry REMAINED outside! :doh

SECURITY came out and picked Larry up and forced him to leave the doorstep... I think the UK need similar. :roll

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 35  Next