It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:32 pm 

Thanks for the additional information. Very sad, what a caring man, sorry for your loss in the community.
No problem doing follow-up articles, AT ALL, in fact it's what I love to do.
When you posted your information there was hardly any details to post anyway.

I appreciate your involvement, it's a great help no matter how brief it is. THX. :69

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:58 pm 

Police scanner: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/8199

5 shot, 3 dead in Maryland business park, gunman on the run, Harford sheriff says
By Ted Hendricks, Kevin Rector, Justin Fenton | The Baltimore Sun | October 18, 2017

A multi-state manhunt was continuing Wednesday for a man suspected in a workplace shooting in Harford County that killed three people and critically injured two others, and who is believed to have later shot another person in Delaware.

State and federal authorities are searching for Radee L. Prince, 37, who they believe shot five people around 9 a.m. at a kitchen countertop company in an Edgewood business park where he had worked for the past four months. The five victims were all employees of the business, Advanced Granite Solutions.

“This does appear to be a targeted attack, limited to that business,” Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said at a morning news conference.

Later in the day, however, police in Wilmington, Del., said Prince was also being sought in connection with a shooting that occurred almost two hours later, at around 10:45 a.m., at a used car dealership there. Authorities were expected to provide more information at a 3:30 p.m. news conference.

Prince is believed to be traveling in a black 2008 GMC Acadia with Delaware tags. Authorities said he is considered armed and dangerous, and urged anyone who believes they see him to use “extreme caution.” The FBI and ATF were both involved in the search and Prince’s information was put on highway billboards from Philadelphia to Washington DC and from Atlantic City to Salisbury.

More at link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm 

Shelter-In-Place For Baltimore Neighborhood, Search For Gunman Who Shot Officer Continues
By WJZ | CBS Baltimore | Update: November 16, 2017, 12:19pm

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A shelter-in-place is in effect for an entire neighborhood of west Baltimore as police continue their search for a gunman who shot a detective Wednesday afternoon.

This shelter-in-place means no one is allowed to come into the Harlem Park neighborhood and no one is allowed out until everything is cleared. The order even applied to a school bus, as a driver was told Thursday morning to turn around at the police perimeter.

Also Thursday morning, police were using megaphones at the scene to try and track down the shooter. Officers have been in the neighborhood since Wednesday at dusk, looking for the suspect from the air and from the ground.

The shooting happened on Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. on the 900 Block of Bennett Place while the detective was investigating a murder in the neighborhood with a partner.

When he approached a suspicious man, the man opened fire, police say. The officer was shot in the head. He was then taken to Shock Trauma where doctors say he is in grave condition on full life support. The officer is an 18-year veteran of the force. He is also a father of two.

There is a $64,000 reward for information that leads to the shooter’s arrest.

More at link: http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/11/1 ... baltimore/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:32 am 

The Detective in above post died this afternoon.
Left a wife and five children.
The killer has not been caught.
The reward is now $69,000 for information leading to his arrest.

ETA: The reward is now at $190,000; the killer is still at large.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:31 am 

Police officer shot, killed in New Kensington; suspect at large
Bill Schackner, Andrew Goldstein | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette | November 18, 2017

A police officer was shot Friday evening after making a traffic stop in New Kensington and died later at a hospital. Police were searching for the shooter.

New Kensington police Chief Jim Klein in a late night press briefing identified the slain officer as Patrolman Brian Shaw.

The shooting occurred at 8:07 p.m. near the 1200 block of Leishman Avenue, according to a supervisor with the Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety. The officer was taken to Allegheny Valley Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Officer Shaw, the chief said, had been with the department for less than a year.

The shooting occurred after a traffic stop conducted by Officer Shaw turned into a foot pursuit, Chief Klein said. Sometime during the chase, shots were fired and Officer Shaw was struck.

Police would not say whether Officer Shaw returned fire.

An emotional Chief Klein asked anyone who might know who the shooter was to contact police.

More at link: http://www.post-gazette.com/local/westm ... 1711170310

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:58 pm 

Update to post above.

Warrant issued for suspect in connection with fatal shooting of New Kensington police officer
By WTAE.com | Updated: 5:47 PM EST Nov 19, 2017

NEW KENSINGTON, Pa. — Police have released a warrant for the arrest of the person wanted in connection with the Friday night fatal shooting of a New Kensington police officer.

Police are searching for Rahmael Sal Holt, 29, who officials said has been identified as the person who shot and killed Officer Brian Shaw.
[...]
At a Saturday morning news conference, Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Stephen Limani would not discuss the reason for the traffic stop or any other details of the case, saying that it could compromise the ongoing investigation. He repeated a call for tips from the public, no matter how small the detail, and said a $30,000 reward was available.

"I'm asking anybody with any information, as minute as they think it might be, please, please give us a call. We need to find the person who did this," Klein said after the shooting on Friday night.

More at link: http://www.wtae.com/article/police-offi ... y/13799037

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:08 pm 

Suspect in New Kensington officer's death arrested in Pittsburgh, held without bail
Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2017, 5:45 a.m.

Source: http://triblive.com/local/valleynewsdis ... pittsburgh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:00 am 

CAPTURED: Suspect in murder of Texas DPS trooper taken into custody in Waller County
By ABC13 | Updated November 23, 2017, 9:30PM CT

WALLER, Texas (KTRK) -- The suspect in the fatal shooting of a Texas DPS trooper in Freestone County has been captured in Waller County near Prairie View.

According to the Waller County Sheriff's Office, Dabrett Black drove from Freestone County to Waller County. In Waller County, the suspect was involved in a shooting near Liendo Parkway and Wyatt Chapel, deputies said.

Texas DPS officials said the trooper stopped Black on the southbound lanes of I-45 near Fairfield for a traffic violation around 3:45 p.m. Thursday. The trooper approached the vehicle and made contact with the driver. After the trooper returned to his patrol unit, DPS officials believe the suspect fired multiple shots at the trooper.

The trooper died at the scene.

More at link: abc13.com/suspect-in-dps-troopers-murder-captured-in-waller-county/2688449/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:46 pm 

There was an officer involved shooting today at a mall near me.
Police were quick to do a presser... saying they were called to mall about a crime, as police told the running suspect to stop, he pointed a gun at the officer and was shot (in critical condition last I heard).

But twitter was all in denial THAT really happened and the tweets have been anti-police for hours.

This is the first photo released. It was a replica handgun/BB gun. He had stolen sunglasses. Some kids are really dumb. :roll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:34 am 

I have not heard about this shooting Molly.
Sunglasses? Maybe his hero is that LaVar kid.

I hope this doesn't evolve into some big mess. I WANT to say I hope the kid makes it and has learned a
lesson. But, I can't. I'm not even sure what I hope the outcome is. I can say, am so tired of LE getting the raw end of these type of events.

Do you have an update on the kid?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:04 pm 

Hi Showpoodles. :28

The guy (21 y/o convicted felon) is still in the hospital in critical condition, sedated. This story has legs. He had an outstanding warrant and called 911 twice earlier in the day. First time to turn himself in. Second time to say he changed his mind, had a gun and if police showed up he'd shoot them. When they arrived at THAT location, he was gone. The mall incident happened an hour later. He looks like a meth addict. :roll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:29 pm 

Hi ya Molly! :69
From your description sounds very much like drugs involved. Thanks for the update. I hope this story has the legs knocked from under it. But I am sure you are right

You know I live in a small town. Small neighbor hood. I had a guy show up in neighbors front yard a few weeks ago. He was on foot. Showed up out of nowhere while I was unloading items I had gotten for the neighbor.
No vehicle in area. He asked me for a phone to call the police. He stated that his girlfriend was trying to have him assassinated. He said don't you hear the snipers shooting? :60

He was a high as a kite. He asked me to put him in my car and save him. Ummm, no!!! He actually
relayed the whole assassin story to the 911 operator.
I was fearful and stayed with my car door open because I carry. If need be I wanted to have access.

I waited in front yard for LE because my elderly neighbor was working in her backyard and had no idea what was going on in front yard. While I was waiting, he started screaming that I didn't care if the snipers shot him because I wouldn't let him get in my car. He would then duck like he was ducking from gunfire.

THEN when LE showed up he got mad and asked me why I called the police. :doh
He had no I.D. but did have two cell phones in pockets.
They hauled him off.

Small towns don't insulate you from big city problems. They exist here also. I can remember when that wasn't so.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:54 am 

Texas police officer fatally shot in ‘ambush-style’ attack
By Derek Hawkins | The Washington Post | December 5, 2017, 1:20AM

A veteran police officer in San Marcos, Texas, was shot and killed in an “ambush-style” attack Monday as he tried to serve an arrest warrant, marking the first time in the department’s history an officer was killed in the line of duty, according to the city’s police chief.

Kenneth Copeland, 58, was serving a warrant for a violent crime in a subdivision on the city’s south side when a man opened fire on him and other officers, “much like in an ambush-style situation,” Police Chief Chase Stapp said in an evening news conference.

Copeland, a 19-year veteran of the force who was working on his day off, was struck multiple times. His fellow officers put him in a patrol car and rushed him to the Central Texas Medical Center. He was pronounced dead shortly before 4 p.m.

The suspect, who was not identified, holed up in a house while officers on the scene called in backup and formed a perimeter around the area “in hopes of getting the assailant out peacefully,” Stapp said.

A crisis negotiation team arrived, and the suspect eventually surrendered and was taken into custody. He was shot at some point during the standoff, though police said it wasn’t clear whether he shot himself or was struck by one of the officers’ bullets. He was treated for the injury at a hospital in Austin, about 40 miles northeast of San Marcos.

City officials said Copeland was the first San Marcos police officer to be killed in the line of duty. They described him as a hard-working and well-liked member of the department and said he leaves behind a wife and four children.

More at link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... le-attack/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:48 pm 

He is a former officer of Ferguson Police Department. :(

Arnold officer shot by handcuffed suspect, rushed to hospital with 'life-threatening' injuries
By Christine Byers | St. Louis Post-Dispatch | December 5, 2017

ARNOLD • An Arnold police officer was shot inside a police SUV by a handcuffed burglary suspect he was taking to the police department to be booked, authorities said.

Highways were closed so the officer could be rushed to a hospital, according to police. His injuries were described as life-threatening. He was shot in the back of the neck or head, according to Jefferson County Sheriff’s Capt. Gary Higginbotham.

The suspect was also shot in the head, though it wasn't immediately clear whether the wound was self-inflicted, Higginbotham said. That man was also taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries.

The suspect was being transported by Officer Ryan O'Conner, 44, after being arrested in a burglary investigation, according to Arnold Police Chief Robert Shockey. He was taking the suspect to the police station at 2101 Jeffco Boulevard to be booked, authorities said. The suspect was handcuffed in the back of the SUV, but apparently still had a gun and was somehow able to access it and shoot the officer, Higginbotham said.

Officers inside the station saw the SUV approach a sally port, where suspects are brought inside, on a camera. But when the O'Conner didn't come inside, officers went out and found the his SUV crashed into a fuel tank and both O'Conner and the burglary suspect seriously wounded inside.

More at link: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... 9e777.html

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:21 pm 

WASHINGTON - More than 300 law enforcement agents conducted a massive gun and drug sting operation Wednesday morning, resulting in the arrest of 28 suspects in the greater Washington D.C. area.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms and Explosives and Federal Bureau of Investigation called the sting Operation Tin Panda, and said it began in the spring.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/multi-agency ... in-dc-area

A large number of the arrest were very young people.

On a side note, some people were JUST sure this flurry of activity this morning were dirty FBI agents
and government swamp dwellers being arrested. :roll

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:32 pm 

GREAT news!
Glad to see the many guns also taken off the streets and wonder how many are stolen. :roll

I hope one (or two) of these worthless thugs "squeals about Seth Rich" for a lessor charge.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:42 pm 

Horrific!

2 students killed at New Mexico high school; shooter dead
By Associate Press | KDVR.com | December 7, 2017

AZTEC, N.M. — Authorities said Thursday that two students are dead after a shooting at a northwest New Mexico high school.

San Juan County Sheriff Ken Christesen said the two died at Aztec High School.

He said the shooter also was dead. It’s not known if the shooter was a student at the school or a visitor.

The school was cordoned off as deputies with the sheriff’s office and other police agencies cleared the buildings. Students were taken to another location.

More at link: http://kdvr.com/2017/12/07/shooting-rep ... gh-school/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:47 pm 

Recent police shootings:

An off duty police officer working security at a Walmart in Miami-Dade yesterday, was shot several times "in point blank range". He is in stable condition with non-life threatening injuries. The 54 year old career criminal (did prison time for aggravated murder) who was stopped in the parking lot for allegedly stealing a flat screen TV, shot first. The officer shot him dead.

Last night in Toledo OH, two detectives were shot at by two occupants of a car stopped for gun violence. The officers were not hit but they returned fire hitting the two. The two suspects are in a hospital recovering. A third suspect was arrested. All have a criminal background.

A police detective in Clinton OK, was shot in both arms by a pedestrian this afternoon. The detective was looking for the suspect to serve him a warrant. The detective is being treated at a hospital for non-life threatening injuries. One person is in custody.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:19 pm 

Molly, apparently it is the Wild Wild West out there. Disgusting. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:45 am 

You're welcome Showpoodles, but no thanks necessary. :)

I know I miss a lot of police shootings which I do WANT to reference. Most of the time, I like to wait and see what the condition is before posting. Doing this, I forgot all about the ones yesterday until I heard about the one today.

What is so sad is the officer killed in San Antonio last week was off duty working extra for Christmas money. I'm guessing the one yesterday at Walmart in Miami was doing the same. These men and women don't make that much money and don't take the job for the money.

I do like to do a full article on the officers who don't make it. :(
OMGosh, sometimes it takes all I've got to get the post done, but want to "acknowledge" them. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next