It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:18 pm 

Thanks WKC for keeping on top of this from your neck of the woods. :)

Showpoodles, I remember that song as well!

Carm, you said what we are all thinking!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:39 pm 

So I think Klein is a publicity hound. Especially after reading the report out of Twin Falls on the Dodge murder case vs anything Klein Investigations ever put out. But I have no idea. v0v

DeOrr Kunz family files lawsuit against former P.I.

Quote:
The suit against Klein Investigations and Consulting of Texas, was filed this week in Bonneville County.

The family fired the firm back in March.

The family alleges that Philip Klein breached his contract with DeOrr's grandfather, Dennis Kunz.

The complaint said that Klein has an ethical duty to share information with his client and anyone his client authorized. The family said he didn't do that. The lawsuit also said that some of those statements appeared on our newscasts.

The complaint outlines those statements. It highlights the comment Klein made back in March claiming that Jessica Mitchell knew her child was dead and knew where his body was.

Others include a Facebook question-and-answer session where Klein Investigations and Consulting posted that there was blood evidence on the father's truck. It also references another post where the firm said the toddler was killed by blunt force. Those are both statements law enforcement has never confirmed. We tried to locate those Facebook posts but it appears they have since been removed.

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE:

http://www.localnews8.com/news/deorr-kunz-family-files-lawsuit-against-former-pi/41598996

FULL OFFICIAL COMPLAINT:

http://www.localnews8.com/blob/view/-/41596612/data/1/-/nfm0fmz/-/Klein-Investigation-suit-document.pdf

Interesting vids I am probably the only one who finds them such:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:42 pm 

The grandmother is not giving up, sad. :( IMO, this case has officially gone cold.

Kunz family planning to search for missing toddler Saturday
By Dean Johnson | KTVB | September 30, 2016

The Kunz family is still holding out hope that they will find 3-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr. In fact, they plan to look for him again on Saturday near the Idaho campsite where he disappeared in July of 2015.

Trina Bates Clegg, DeOrr Jr.'s grandmother, says she's not going to give up because that would be giving up on DeOrr, but did add that she does realize if they do find him near the campsite, the outcome won't be a good one.

Clegg says she and her husband have gone up at least once a month since his disappearance to search for DeOrr. She says she was up there two weeks ago with Jessica, DeOrr's mother, putting up hundreds of flyers with a description of what he was last seen wearing and a picture. It's all in hope that someone up in that area may know or have seen something.

Clegg plans to get a group together this weekend to go up and search the campsite area. Although, she says this search will be a little further north.

"Where was he last seen? Where were you standing? All those kind of things and that's been so beat up that we know where they were all standing. We know where the baby was last seen. Let’s start further out and let’s come back in," Clegg said.

Clegg says future searches could include walking along Highway 28. She says that's because if someone did take DeOrr, maybe they threw his clothes or boots along the highway.

The Lemhi County Sheriff's Office has named both of DeOrr's parents, Jessica Mitchell and DeOrr Kunz Sr., as suspects in the case. Clegg told KTVB she's OK with her daughter being named a suspect because she was there.

More at link: http://www.ktvb.com/news/kunz-family-pl ... /328034069

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:17 pm 

Thanks for the link Molly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:06 pm 

You're welcome, WKC. :28

You keep posting if you see anything of significance pop up locally.

This last article made me sad because, as a grandmother, I don't think I could give up either.
So I crossed it off my list to update. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:41 pm 

This is latest in news. Nothing new just Klein saying more stuff.

Klein Investigations moves DeOrr Kunz, Jr investigation to cold case status

Quote:
DAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - In a post on their Facebook page today Klein Investigations and Consulting announced that they were moving the DeOrr Kunz, Jr. case from active case status to cold case status. They stat that this means they no longer have any credible leads to move forward with.

LINK:

http://www.localnews8.com/news/klein-investigations-moves-deorr-kunz-jr-investigation-to-cold-case-status/117767615

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:12 pm 

Sorry but not surprised to hear that it is moving to cold status.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:21 am 

This is weird, but FWIW ...

Sheriff: Remains of child found are ‘absolutely not’ DeOrr Kunz Jr.
By Stephan Rockefeller | EastIdahoNews.com | April 18, 2017

UPDATE:

EastIdahoNews.com has received a large number of emails and phones calls regarding the remains found in Elmore County and the possibility that they are the remains of DeOrr Kunz Jr. We reached back out to the Elmore County Sheriff’s Office and asked for a direct answer.

“There is no way the remains could be that of DeOrr Kunz,” Elmore County Undersheriff Greg Berry told EastIdahoNews.com. “Absolutely not possible, these bones have been in the desert a lot longer than that.”

The undersheriff went on to say the preliminary estimates are putting the remains in the desert at between 15 and 20 years old.

Berry said the testing on the remains is being done at Boise State University and won’t start for another week.

ORIGINAL STORY:

MOUNTAIN HOME — The remains of a toddler found near Mountain Home Saturday are being tested today to determine the age of the child.

Elmore County Sheriff Mike Hollinshead tells EastIdahoNews.com the child “between 1 and 5 years old” was originally buried in the ground, but a badger recently dug up the remains.

More at link: https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/04/s ... r-kunz-jr/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:35 pm 

Hmm... If it is DeOrr perhaps the Sheriff is just throwing that out there so his monster parents don't flee?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:40 am 

They are now saying the remains are from two children:

Quote:
MOUNTAIN HOME — A burial site discovered north of Mountain Home earlier this month contained two sets of human remains, Elmore County Sheriff Mike Hollinshead announced Monday.

Investigators originally believed the remains found April 15 were from one child between one to five years old.

But during the investigation, authorities determined two children were buried on top of one another in the vicinity of Hot Creek Road.

The sheriff’s office is unofficially being told the first set of skeletal remains were from a child possibly between three and five years old and the second set were possibly from a child four to nine years old, according to a news release.

LINK:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/04/elmore-co-burial-site-contained-two-sets-child-remains/

They maintain that they will not know much until all the analysis is complete on the remains. I cannot find the link to the other story I think they took it down.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:48 pm 

Thanks WKC so sad. Little tiny children. I do hope DeOrr is found and his killers are punished.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:56 pm 

What is not mentioned in the article is that .. the parents dropped their lawsuit last week against the private investigator they hired. Probably got to the discovery phase (depositions, interrogatories). AND they are still looking for him. :roll

Age-progressed photo of DeOrr Kunz Jr. released
By KTVB | May 24, 2017

LEADORE -- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has released an age-progressed photo of an Idaho toddler who was reported missing during a family camping trip in Lemhi County in 2015.

The new composite photo shows what DeOrr Kunz Jr. may look like today, at four years old.

DeOrr's parents told authorities the boy disappeared from a campsite near Leadore July 10, 2015. Searchers have repeatedly combed the campground and nearby forest and reservoir, but no trace of the child has been found.

No charges have been filed in DeOrr's disappearance, although then-Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told KTVB he believes the boy was killed. DeOrr's parents, Jessica Mitchell and Vernal DeOrr Kunz, have been named as suspects in his disappearance, and have been "less than truthful" with investigators, Bowerman said.

Both Kunz and Mitchell have denied harming their son.

More at link: http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/age-prog ... /442505292

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:23 pm 

Lots of new TV surrounding the case. Not sure it helps much but wanted to post this:

‘MISSING 411’ DOCUMENTARY EXPLORES DISAPPEARANCE OF DEORR KUNZ, OTHER CHILDREN

Quote:
IDAHO FALLS — A documentary exploring the disappearance of DeOrr Kunz and four other children is now available.

“Missing 411” examines five American kids who vanished from forests or national parks under similar circumstances over several decades. DeOrr Kunz, an Idaho Falls toddler who vanished while on a camping trip at Lemhi County’s Timber Creek Campground in July 2015, is a prominent focus of the 90 minute documentary.

“We decided this was a case that definitely needed to be featured in our film, not only because of the mysterious aspects of DeOrr’s disappearance but also the social media outburst that accompanied it,” Benjamin Paulides, co-director and producer of “Missing 411,” tells EastIdahoNews.com.

Paulides and Michael DeGrazier visited east Idaho in October 2015 and interviewed DeOrr’s parents, grandmother, investigators and others connected to the case. (Editor’s note: EastIdahoNews.com News Director Nate Eaton was interviewed and appears in the documentary).

“We went in with a preconceived notion of what we thought we would find, and that notion was flipped on its head after talking to the family, going to the campground and seeing everything in its natural habitat,” Paulides says. “We were more perplexed when we left than when we got there.”

LINK:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/06/missing-411-documentary-explores-disappearance-deorr-kunz-children/

SIDE NOTE: I am affiliated with many of the animals (search and rescue units) you see in the youtube videos. But I make it a rule never to go on camera or even have a photo taken as I typically get paid for that type of thing =p

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:47 pm 

Thanks WKC, coverage is good, maybe someone saw something and will still come forward.

On a side note very cool that you work with the search and rescue animal units!

I still hope they find Deorr and burn his parents at the stake if they are the responsible party (which I think they are).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:12 am 

Another local report. Not anything new but just to keep thread current as possible.

EAST IDAHO NEWSMAKERS: DEORR KUNZ’S GRANDMOTHER TRINA BATES CLEGG

Quote:
In this edition of East Idaho Newsmakers, Nate Eaton speaks with Trina Bates Clegg. She is the grandmother of DeOrr Kunz, an Idaho Falls toddler who disappeared while on a camping trip July 10, 2015.

It’s been two years since DeOrr vanished and authorities say they haven’t uncovered any signs of where he could be. Clegg’s daughter, Jessica Mitchell, is DeOrr’s mother and investigators have named her, along with Vernal Kunz, DeOrr’s father, as suspects in the case. They have not been arrested or charged with any crime.

Clegg discusses the case in-depth and talks about a recent age progressed photo of DeOrr released by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. She also shares what’s next for her and her family and why she’s not giving up hope that her grandson is found.

LINK with full video interview:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/07/east-idaho-newsmakers-deorr-kunzs-grandmother-trina-bates-clegg/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:49 pm 

Seems like a lot of dead ends. Poor little Deorr.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:13 pm 

:roll
Family still searching for DeOrr Kunz three years later
Updated July 10, 2018, 9:41AM MT

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - Tuesday marks the three-year anniversary since DeOrr Kunz, Jr. vanished while camping with his family and a family friend near Leadore.

His family invites everyone to meet them at the Idaho Falls Greenbelt at 6:30 p.m. to remember their little boy and walk for his return home.

The group will meet by the restrooms by the falls on the west side.

"I will never stop asking for help,” said Trina Clegg, DeOrr ’s grandmother.

Source: https://www.localnews8.com/news/kifi-to ... /765450296

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:24 am 

Not sure he knew many details but one of the people that was actually there is now gone.

Here is the link:

https://www.hjnews.com/montpelier/obituaries/dennis-deorr-kunz/article_15577dc4-12b3-11e9-a83d-cbf03b2379e2.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:22 pm 

New article. No new info. Just more drama.

What about the kid!?!

https://www.localnews8.com/news/kifi-top-story/new-developments-in-deorr-kunz-jr-case/1005414503

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:08 pm 

OK now I am back in the thread I thought I was in to start with!

Latest even though nothing new that matters:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2019/02/judge-dismisses-most-of-suit-against-deorr-private-investigator/

and

https://www.localnews8.com/news/kifi-top-story/new-developments-in-deorr-kunz-jr-case/1005414503

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next