It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:32 am 

Nice write up Carm!

One thing is for sure: Wikileaks has proven they do tend to release data (once verified by their methods) no matter who it is from if it contains information they deem worthy to publish. They probably have a bunch of 'RNC' data but have found nothing interesting enough to create a public dump yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:12 pm 

Thanks WKC :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:11 pm 

Your Welcome :)

NOTE: Wikileaks is an equal opportunity offender. If your data is available and they deem it worthy... you are a target. Period.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:13 pm 
ADMIN

Julian Assange Interview for ITV's Peston on Sunday | January 29th, 2017 [DELETING WITHIN 24 HOURS]
Occupy Mars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:26 pm 

Verified by Wikileaks, Assange's twitter account was re-activated yesterday and he is tweeting again.

https://twitter.com/julianassange/with_replies

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:37 pm 

I don't really understand this, but FWIW. ;)

Julian Assange waits for Ecuador's election to decide his future
Victory for opposition candidate Guillermo Lasso could mean the end of WikiLeaks founder’s asylum in London embassy
By Esther Addley, Jonathan Watts, David Crouch | The Guardian | March 31, 2017

For Ecuador’s 15 million inhabitants, Sunday’s presidential election runoff will pose a fundamental question: whether to continue with a leftwing government that has reduced poverty but also brought environmental destruction and authoritarian censorship, or to take a chance on a pro-business banker who promises economic growth but is accused of siphoning money to offshore accounts.

But they are not the only ones for whom the result will be critically important. Thousands of miles away, in the country’s tiny embassy in central London, Julian Assange will be watching closely to see if his four and a half years of cramped asylum could be coming to an abrupt, enforced end.
Ecuador presidential hopeful promises to evict Julian Assange from embassy
Read more

Guillermo Lasso, the businessman and leading opposition candidate, has vowed that if he wins, the WikiLeaks founder’s time in the embassy will be up. Lasso has said he would “cordially ask Señor Assange to leave within 30 days of assuming a mandate”, because his presence in the Knightsbridge embassy was a burden on Ecuadorian taxpayers.

His government opponent, Lenin Moreno, has said Assange would remain welcome, albeit with conditions. “We will always be alert and ask Mr Assange to show respect in his declarations regarding our brotherly and friendly countries,” Moreno said.

The most recent polling showed Moreno at least four percentage points ahead of his rival, though earlier polls had Lasso in the lead, and many analysts caution that the results are within the margin of error.

More at link: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... his-future

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:32 pm 

WikiLeaks' Assange asylum winner in Ecuador election
By Greg Toppo | USA Today | April 2, 2017, 9:45PM

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will likely be able to remain at the Ecuadorean Embassy in London after voters in Ecuador on Sunday narrowly elected ruling party candidate Lenín Moreno over conservative Guillermo Lasso.

Moreno, the political successor to President Rafael Correa, had said he would allow Assange to stay. Correa in 2012 granted asylum to Assange, who hasn’t left the embassy since.

More at link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... /99961502/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:32 pm 

#FakeNews CNN is reporting that the U.S. is preparing charges for a warrant to arrest Julian Assange. :roll

Most tweets are comments and memes about going after and charging Hillary first.

I'm not going to believe it, until it happens.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:03 pm 
ADMIN

‘I do not forgive or forget’: Assange responds after Swedish prosecutors drop rape case
Published time: 19 May, 2017 13:16
Edited time: 19 May, 2017 13:57

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says he will not “forgive or forget” being “slandered” and “detained” for seven years without charge.

“Detained for 7 years without charge while my children grew up and my name was slandered. I do not forgive or forget,” Assange tweeted.

Assange is due to give a public statement shortly after rape allegations against him were dropped by Swedish prosecutors on Friday.

Swedish prosecutors said as “all options of moving the investigation forward are now exhausted” and “in light of the views expressed by the [Swedish] Supreme Court on the proportionality of remanding someone in absentia” it was no longer “proportional” to maintain Assange’s arrest warrant.

Sweden’s director of public prosecution, Marianne Ny, said: “I don’t want to assign blame and responsibility to any particular person for this. I must note however that the reason for this [investigation ending] is that Julian Assange has kept himself away from us for so long.”

Assange’s lawyer Per Samuelsson said his client was now considering suing Sweden.

“It’s not about money but redress,” Samuelson told news agency TT.

He added that Assange would eventually try to move to Ecuador.

...more at link
https://www.rt.com/uk/388952-assange-tw ... s-embassy/

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:06 pm 
ADMIN

Julian Assange Speaks out from London as Investigation Dropped

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:08 pm 

Sue their pants off Julian.

Though I expect this is a ploy to get him out of the embassy and then arrest him and charge him with something like conspiring with the Trump Russian Coalition because in the infamous words of James Comey "Putin hates Clinton!"

I posted the above before I saw the video of Julian. I'm listening now.

SMH

The Uk is going to arrest him for disseminating material that he obtained from leakers. Wait the UK is going to arrest him for seeking asylum???

What the heck is going on?

:wall

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:28 pm 
ADMIN

A little more info here, Carm.....

Julian Assange emerges on embassy balcony to say he will not 'forgive or forget' as Swedish rape investigation is dropped
James Rothwell Victoria Ward Helen Nianias
19 May 2017 • 5:53pm

• Sweden drops rape investigation against Julian Assange
  • Assange spoke from the balcony of the Ecuadorian embassy in London
  • Case was dropped due to a lack of progress - prosecutors
  • Met Police: Assange still wanted in UK for jumping bail

Julian Assange has said he will remain inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London in order to avoid extradition to the United States, despite being told he no longer faces a sex investigation by the Swedish authorities.

The WikiLeaks founder hailed the decision to discontinue the seven-year case against him as an "important victory", but said the "proper war was just commencing", after the Metropolitan Police said he would still be arrested if he stepped outside.

Assange, who has been holed up in the embassy since June 2012 is wanted by the British authorities after breaching bail conditions five years ago.
[.....]
But a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police explained there was still an outstanding warrant for his arrest over the breach of bail conditions and therefore he would be detained if he ventured out of the diplomatic building.

The maximum sentence for beraching bail is 12 months and legal sources said the courts might seek to make an example of him.

But Assange's greatest fear remains the possibility that he could still be extradited to the United States for his role in the publication of leaked classified material on the WikiLeaks website.

...more at link
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05 ... stigation/

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:37 pm 

Thanks Rumpole. Amazing. I thought it is in our laws that what the person who sent the information to Wikileaks did was illegal but what Assange did was not illegal. I'll have to do some research it has to do with the nuances and letter of the law.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:32 am 
ADMIN

Julian Assange Says He’s Made a 50,000% Return on Bitcoin
By Lucinda Shen Updated: October 16, 2017 10:54 AM ET

Since he’s been running from the U.S. government, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange says he was forced to become an early investor in bitcoin—resulting in returns of over 50,000%.

He took to Twitter to gloat.

“My deepest thanks to the U.S. government, Senator McCain, and Senator Lieberman for pushing Visa, MasterCad, Paypal, AmEx, Moneybookers, et al, into erecting an illegal banking blockade against @WikiLeaks starting in 2010. It caused us to invest in Bitcoin—with > 50,000% returns.”

Many banking institutions, including Paypal and Bank of America, refused to process transactions for Wikileaks starting in 2010, when the organization leaked documents that revealed friendly fire and civilian casualties at the hand of U.S. forces during the war in Afghanistan.

After being locked out from the traditional banking institution, Wikileaks said its revenue slid by 95% between late 2010 and mid-2011, costing the organization “tens of millions of pounds in lost donations.” Wikileaks claimed that it received the equivalent of over 800,000 euros (or $944,000 based on today’s exchange rate) in December 2010 alone. That slid to nearly $0 by January 2011.

Assuming Wikileaks invested in bitcoin and did indeed receive over 50,000% returns, Assange would have received about $500 for each dollar invested. So had he put that entire 800,000 euros into the cryptocurrency, it would be the equivalent of about 400 million euros, or $472 million, today.

...more at link
http://fortune.com/2017/10/16/bitcoin-p ... wikileaks/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:43 am 

He had a ton of tweets yesterday, all in my TL so I took notice. He was after HRC.

Nothing today. I will look tomorrow.

One thing I will say about him, he is brilliant in nothing he has said has ever come back to bite him. ;)

The "sexual assault" claim that he feels he needs to keep defending, is getting old. He was a set up, denied the next day.

President Trump should pardon him, IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:22 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:48 am 
ADMIN

CENSORSHIP? Julian Assange Vanishes Off Twitter
December 24, 2017 by Cassandra Fairbanks

It is unclear whether he deactivated or if he was suspended, but given Twitter’s new pro-censorship rules, many are speculating that it is the latter. A source who works closely with WikiLeaks told the Gateway Pundit that they were not aware of any plans for Assange to deactivate his account on his own.

Twitter set new rules in place on December 18 which stated they may remove any individual who is associated with hate groups either on or off their platform. Assange surely would not fall under that category.

At least three masked intruders broke into the Madrid office of Baltasar Garzón, the head of WikiLeaks’ legal team, during the early hours of Monday morning — in what police are calling a “very professional” operation.

Tweeting about the incident on Tuesday, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange wrote that the security cameras were taped over and no money was taken during the break in.

...more at link
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/12 ... f-twitter/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:14 pm 
ADMIN

Assange Twitter back. No explanation really.

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:57 pm 

Julian Assange has not tweeted for two days. All sorts of speculation flying around.
Could be anything, he could be working on personal documents or whatever.
Maybe Cassandra made a visit to the embassy. ;)

While looking at his TL, I noticed he recently retweeted an old article similar to this one, but it is in Spanish.

U.S. 'Prepares Charges' Against WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange
By Tom Porter On 4/21/17 at 8:18 AM

The arrest of Julian Assange is now a “priority,” said Attorney General Jeff Sessions, as U.S. authorities reportedly prepare charges against the WikiLeaks founder.

http://www.newsweek.com/julian-assange- ... ing-587251

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:32 pm 
ADMIN

Julian had Sleeping Jeff after him... last April?

He should be ok then :cool

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next