It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Bates Motel
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:17 am 

Chris walked by offering me popcorn (I never noticed him) and he said this is what I looked like during the last scene.

:eek

I knew I had my mouth open but he said my eyes were like saucers. :84

Opening scene going through the house was creepy. I couldn't understand what the crime lady found on the bed when she said "someone has been sleeping here". The hazmat suits were over the top but it's a hugely staffed police department. ;)

That 5 o'clock shadow on Romero throughout the entire episode. :heart

At first I really thought too much of Caleb and Emma, here we go again, but what else did they have? Caleb has turned into a wuss, IMO. Too much drama for Emma having been estranged from her mother most her life, not really too much maybe in IRL, I mean in the storyline. And there are NO fucking waiting rooms in a crematorium. What was that about? lol Sorry if this sounds insensitive, but both my parents were cremated and that's the last thing I would want to do.

Worried about Romero when he was getting gas, and I wondered how he was going to find out about Norman. Oh, Norman & Norma's acting throughout ... amazing as always.

I think the way they are using Norma and Norman in the scenes is brilliant. Like the mugshot, she is standing there but Norman's face is in the camera. And when Emma visited Norman in jail, another great acting scene, Norma's reflection was in the glass.

The last scene, no words.

What in the world is Romero going to do? Loved the fact that he knew the names of all the deputies and they were scared shitless when they saw who it was.

BTW, Maggie is not Romero's sister (as I read and told you) and you probably realized it in this episode, so I looked her up. I do not remember her in Season 1.

http://batesmotel.wikia.com/wiki/Maggie_Summers

Your turn. :69

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:41 am 

Ha Ha! I probably looked just like you.

I don't know what the crime lab lady found either :roll

Romero :heart I think they tried to make him look rough with that shadow and the red around the eyes but he looked as usual simply beautiful if not haunted :( .

I agree on Dylan and Emma, go away folks just go away. I did like the scene where Emma was talking to Norman and that she knew she was really talking to Norma. Poor Norman "Norman's asleep" :cry . But I am so annoyed with Emma and Dylan that the scene was not what it could have been if they didn't turn Dylan into a coward and Emma into an adolescent bitch who acts like someone showed up at prom in the same dress as her. Crematorium was over the top. And I thought it takes like 24 hours for a body to become ashes but I could be wrong.

I love seeing Norma's image in reflections when it is Norman. I didn't notice the camera scene being Norman :roll .

What in the world is Romero going to do? Loved the fact that he knew the names of all the deputies and they were scared shitless when they saw who it was Me too! "Get in my office." cracked me up.

Thanks for the tip on who Maggie is I figured it wasn't his sister but I don't remember her either.

I still can't get over the fact that Chick is dead :cry .

One episode left. Is Norman going to end up in the bin or nail and it will fade out with some semblance of him and Norma talking and one of them saying "I can survive anything as long as we're together." Probably not. I hope Romero get away and kills Norman. Norman is so miserable. Which isn't to say I want Norman to die I know I'll cry I just don't see any out for him.

:smoke :smoke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:37 pm 

I've got to clear my head before even thinking about the last episode. You've got some good & interesting thoughts. Thanks for knowing I meant Dylan & Emma, not Caleb.

I am still thinking about Chick's last scene(s) and sure wish he had lasted to the end. How he got in the basement w/o LEO catching him doesn't matter, he just did. ;)

I found so much on YT that I want to post AFTER the season, because I don't want it to be over. :(

I don't think this is a spoiler, we know they are actors LOL, it's short and hope some of it makes you laugh. :84
I want to find MORE bloopers after the season is over.

Bates Motel - The best of Bates bloopers! (Behind The Scenes) 1:30m

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:43 pm 

Thanks Molly I can't watch bloopers until after the last show. I have trouble suspending my knowledge of the fact that they are just acting and if I watch bloopers it is harder for me. I know, I know, I am a weirdo :roll . I'll watch it after next Monday :rose .

I didn't even notice that you said Caleb instead of Dylan :98 .

I'm sad that it is all coming to an end. Too bad they killed off Chick they could have done a spinoff with him. Maybe a spinoff with Romero as a fugitive :heart :Gslap .

The acting has gotten better and better and I really enjoy it :66 . I feel like the actors really connect with their characters.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:08 am 

MOLLY!!!!!!!!

Look at the 34 second mark. Stop it right on 34 !

https://twitter.com/InsideBates/status/ ... 4278654976

:95 :cry :smoke :cry :95

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:23 am 

Hi Carm :28

I watched E9 again tonight, but got hung up at commercials so I had to restart page and it always went back to the preview.

SO, I watched this about six times already?!?! Nothing makes sense to me, the pages of script, all the blood and writing on the scripts, it's confusing to me. Looks like some is new, other parts are in the past.

There's no way Norma can come back, she's dead & buried twice, not to mention the stuffing. :eek

What do you see at 34? I can't tell whose face that is that is getting the throat cut.

I've got a ton to do tomorrow, but my mind is not working (I made a lot of mistakes today) so I think I am going to watch S1 tomorrow on Netflix. I spent some time reading ppl's reviews today but nothing jumped out at me for the final episode. I hope it doesn't leak out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:50 pm 

34 second mark is Romero beating the daylights out of Norman. There is blood flying out of Norman's mouth. It looks like they are near where Norman buried Norma.

I just watched again and there is a clearer and longer image at the 37 - 38 second mark.

I think the script and rain/blood and the shots from previous episodes is just trying to make it artistic.

Maybe Norma/Norman will beg Romero to kill Norman to keep Norman out of jail or the bin so that Norman and Norma can finally be together for all eternity?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:37 pm 

Thanks, Carm. :28

Yeah, I saw Norman hitting the floor. Didn't realize it was Romero.

One of the creepiest script scenes is Norma's name typed in bold and blood drips to put an N at the end of the name.

I'll watch again. I've slept since the last time. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:22 pm 

Tonight's the night!!!

:smoke :smoke :smoke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:54 pm 

Well Carm :roll I just don't know what to think. It ended completely differently than I expected, but I really don't know what I thought would happen, except that Norman would end up living and locked up. I thought he would have escaped from Romero for sure.

I thought they made a mistake in the Sheriff woman saying to "go to each residences, Romero's and Bate's" or whatever she said. I kept wondering why no one was there guarding the place. And WHY didn't Emma call the police or DYLAN for that matter? :doh

If they intended to imply that Norman saw Norma in Heaven and that's why he told Dylan "thank you" after he shot him, I kept thinking, as crazy as he was in his mind, that could be just another delusion of his.

Since I watched the first season over again, all the flashback scenes were fresh in my mind and it really wasn't sad to me. When the show started I already had goosebumps. ;) Norman's acting was amazing to the end. He really did all those scenes well, especially when the lady and her brats checked in.

One twist that I thought was brilliant is when he woke up from a dream. I thought GOOD, Romero is not dead. Then I started thinking back how much of it was a dream, only to realize where it was going when they went back to the snow scene. I thought there would be a possibility of a spin-off at some point in time if Norman had lived.

I watched only a small bit of the aftershow. It was just TOO EARLY for me to see all the laughing and behind the scenes. I'll watch in a few days.

I'm anxious to hear what you thought. It's been fun! :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:01 am 

There's an auction for 10 days where you can buy things (props) from the shows.

The rocks Norman used to hit Romero are foam. There are two for sale. A lot of things are listed that I don't remember. Romero had a lot of plaques in his office.

I looked (sorted) at what is being bid on so far for Romero and Chick. ;)

Didn't check out any others, had to make myself quit looking. :84

https://auction.screenbid.com/view-auct ... alog/id/73

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:28 pm 

I was waiting for you to post because I didn't want to give anything away.

:94

Well Carm :roll I just don't know what to think. It ended completely differently than I expected, but I really don't know what I thought would happen, except that Norman would end up living and locked up. I thought he would have escaped from Romero for sure.

Well it ended differently than I thought it would but I did think Norman would die, or he would end up in the bin and he and Norma would be chatting about how they can survive anything as long as they are together. I didn't know what they were going to do with Romero but I think that was addressed well. Norman may have gotten away from him but Romero got to tell him "You killed your mom, you can never escape from that."

I thought they made a mistake in the Sheriff woman saying to "go to each residences, Romero's and Bate's" or whatever she said. I kept wondering why no one was there guarding the place. And WHY didn't Emma call the police or DYLAN for that matter? :doh

I didn't hear the sheriff say that but that but I'm sure that she did, I had the same question "Why the heck aren't the cops staking out Bates Hotel?" I had the same thought about the miracle of science Emma the first person to ever be cured of Cystic Fibrosis :roll .

If they intended to imply that Norman saw Norma in Heaven and that's why he told Dylan "thank you" after he shot him, I kept thinking, as crazy as he was in his mind, that could be just another delusion of his.

I think it was supposed to leave us with the impression that it could be a delusion or that they were finally together for eternity like they always wanted to be. But the second scenario pissed me off because, WHAT ABOUT ROMERO!? Anyhow I was whining about Romero and the after life and my friend said if heaven is our own paradise there is no reason to think Romero and Norma are not simultaneously experiencing paradise without Psycho Norman. :smoke *Shrugs shoulders*

Since I watched the first season over again, all the flashback scenes were fresh in my mind and it really wasn't sad to me. When the show started I already had goosebumps. ;) Norman's acting was amazing to the end. He really did all those scenes well, especially when the lady and her brats checked in.

I was crying like a baby watching the old scenes where they were so full of hope and wide eyed love, even though I know it wasn't perfect and they were already screwed up, I believe they had hope. I do believe Norman was right about Norma's indomitable spirit and I thought Vera was so exceptional in portraying that spirit. It broke my heart seeing crazy blood smeared Norman thinking he was on the brink of a new life. Agree completely with you about Norman's acting.

One twist that I thought was brilliant is when he woke up from a dream. I thought GOOD, Romero is not dead. Then I started thinking back how much of it was a dream, only to realize where it was going when they went back to the snow scene. I thought there would be a possibility of a spin-off at some point in time if Norman had lived.

The first thing I thought of when Norman woke up from the "dream" was Norma telling Emma while in jail that Norman was sleeping and when it was all over Norman would wake up in his own bed to the smell of apple pie baking in the oven. I thought Norman was going to actually be in the bin but living in a delusional world where he woke up as Norma had predicted. (I know I make my own brain hurt sometimes :98 )

I watched only a small bit of the aftershow. It was just TOO EARLY for me to see all the laughing and behind the scenes. I'll watch in a few days.

I'm anxious to hear what you thought. It's been fun! :D

I watched the after show because I wanted to know they were all ok :63 . I know. I know. I am a big baby :84 :roll .

It has been fun :69 :rose . I am going to miss the characters and their world of love and madness. And chatting with you about it all!

What I really liked. What drew me in was that I could suspend my demand for the screen to fit reality and I really got dragged into their world. I normally just pick things a part and find reasons why shows are stupid, here I thought the characters were so strong intriguing and chilling that it really did captivate me. I hoped against hope right along with them.

Do you watch Better Call Saul? :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:14 pm 

Carmelita wrote:
Do you watch Better Call Saul? :D
Thanks for ALL the feedback and your thoughts, Carm. So interesting how many ways it could have turned out. Can't wait for the Emmys! It better win a ton of awards. :28

No, but Chris mentioned it just the other day (he watches) and said he thinks I would like it. I last tried Breaking Bad, but it was too gruesome for me, quit watching House of Cards. Hardly ever get on Netflix anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:34 pm 

I haven't seen Breaking Bad and everyone said I wouldn't enjoy Saul without it but I watched the first season of BCS and thought it was great. I only saw the first episode of season 2 of BCS because it was on at the same time as Bates so now I'll be able to watch it. I think you would like it. It is all about the depth and complexities of the characters.

PS. I still won't watch the Emmys every actor on Bates is probably a stupid asshole in real life :roll but I still hope they all win as whoever they are competing against will be other hollywood assholes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:16 am 

Carmelita wrote:
PS. I still won't watch the Emmys every actor on Bates is probably a stupid asshole in real life :roll but I still hope they all win as whoever they are competing against will be other hollywood assholes.
:Gslap
I haven't watched the Emmys since MadMen ended but I think if many are nominated, I'll watch. I'd like to see the writers win an award, but I guess they are assholes too for not having a season 6. They could have stretched it out. :roll

I'll check out BCS after the convention (about a month). Thanks for the head's up. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14