It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:33 pm 

This one is a bit different. BUT FUCKING WOW!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:56 pm 

FBI ISSUES ALERT LOUISIANA

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2016/ ... ers-riots/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:16 am 

Correct me if I have missed something on this one.

I think it is just caught up in the stream of incidents. The video looks bad but frankly I do not believe much racism or anything other than instinct was at work here. He could have been anyone, any color with the history this guy has (not to mention a gun) the police must neutralize violent threats. Unfortunately when it is taking two on one and they are still unable to subdue a suspect (and that suspect is struggling with them like that) at some point they have to make a decision.

Best wishes along with thoughts and prayers go out to all those officers being caught up in the B.S.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:48 pm 
ADMIN

H/T achehay47 .... CTH
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... nt-2672472

Alton Sterling’s Final Moments Analyzed
Comrade Turner July 7, 2016

From the first video it was apparent that officers shouted to get on the ground before firing a taser and then tackling him. I doubt any rational person is complaining about that. What does have people upset is that while the officers had him on the ground, they shot him. So I have taken the time to carefully go through frame by frame to determine what happened after the officers got him on the ground.

• Officers shouted “He’s got a gun” BEFORE drawing their firearms. This is significant because it indicates they properly used escalation of force protocols and didn’t resort to lethal force until the suspect was found to have a lethal weapon.
  • The officer gave a verbal warning “Hey brofus you fucking move I swear to God”. While he didn’t say “Don’t move or I’ll shoot” it was very apparent what he meant with the statement.
  • Alton Sterling shouted “Thanks for the free gun” as he ignored the verbal warning and pulled one of the officers down on top of him. It was at this point the first shots were fired.
  • Alton Sterling began rolling over on top of one of the officers shouting “You’re Dead” as the camera turns away.
  • We can’t see what is happening, but an officer gives another verbal warning to get on the ground before firing again.

I was in the Military Police for 9 months in the Marines and this fits with what I was trained. It appears as though the escalation of force continuum was properly applied up to deadly force. And all 3 requirements for the application of deadly force were present, although any 2 of the 3 together will suffice.

• Subject had the ability. He had a gun and was close enough to take an officer’s weapon.
  • Subject had the intent. This is established by him shouting “thanks for the free gun” and “you’re dead”
  • Subject made the attempt. By going for the officer’s weapon and pulling him down then trying to roll on top of him.

In my professional opinion these officers acted appropriately according to typical police training and made every attempt to control the situation before resorting to deadly force. I think Alton Sterling was endangering their lives through his actions and they were totally justified in shooting him.

But watch the video and make up your own mind.

Here is a link to the original video by Baton Rouge Crime on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIqE7Jv_0Vk

...link to article
http://wrongthinkblog.com/alton-sterlin ... -analyzed/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:01 pm 
ADMIN

Good analysis… demonstrates and confirms my amateur analysis… or suspicions.. that the perp was likely reaching for a gun (I thought his own gun) and that at that moment the cop(s) were in danger and so shot.

It is NOT likely to change the FALSE NARRATIVE that is now imprinted in the tiny brains of Radical BLM Terrorists… they have not yet got the Memo about Mike Brown, Eric Garner etc… They dont even get that GZ was exonerated.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:07 am 

Yes even though the video made it look bad on the surface this was actually handled almost by protocol. Too bad the guy had not been smaller then two officers would have been able to just physically handle him after a bit of struggle. But he was big strong guy obviously so there you have it. Unfortunate but not any misconduct by police in my own amateur opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:36 pm 
ADMIN

Thx for vid link WKC...

The Truth About The Alton Sterling and Philando Castile Shootings

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:48 pm 

Alton Sterling shooting: A comprehensive timeline of events
By WAFB Staff | Updated July 15, 2016

19 related stories at link:
http://www.wafb.com/story/32421901/alto ... -of-events

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:50 pm 

Rep. Marcelle responds to Baton Rouge Police Union Statement
By Rachael Thomas | WAFB | Updated July 19, 2016

Rep. Denise Marcelle (Source: Facebook)

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A Louisiana State Representative has apologized to anyone she offended by wearing a t-shirt depicting blood and Alton Sterling’s name. The Baton Rouge Police Union called the shirt "inflammatory."

Representative Denise Marcelle wore the t-shirt to a rally in Baton Rouge last weekend. The rally was held by those calling for justice in the wake of the July 5 deadly police shooting of Sterling.

In a statement issued Monday night, the Baton Rouge Police Union did not mention Marcelle’s name, but made it clear they were upset by the shirt. “We have all witnessed one of our local ‘leaders’ wearing an inflammatory t-shirt at the recent protests which only served to instigate and validate violence against law enforcement,” the statement said. The event was held one week prior to Sunday’s shooting in Baton Rouge that wounded six law enforcement officers, killing three of them.

Marcelle issued a statement Tuesday afternoon saying the shirt “was designed to suggest that Alton Sterling died in bloodshed, which he did.” The state representative, who is also a candidate for mayor of Baton Rouge, said it was not her intent to offend anyone. “I was simply trying to bring attention to unnecessary violence and bloodshed, as I continued to do on yesterday when I wore a similar t-shirt with all of the fallen officers names on it who died in unnecessary bloodshed.”

More at link: http://www.wafb.com/story/32474026/rep- ... -statement

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:53 pm 

Feds seal Alton Sterling autopsy results
By WAFB Staff | Updated August 3, 2016

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The US Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Louisiana has issued a federal court order keeping the Alton Sterling autopsy report sealed, preventing it from being released to the public.

In response to a request from WAFB about the order, the East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner’s Office said, "We have been issued a second Federal Court Order prohibiting the release of the first court order as well."

The coroner's office reported Sterling, 37, died from multiple gunshot wounds to the back and chest. However, federal authorities will not allow the release of additional information, including the toxicology analysis.

Investigators are still working to piece together what prompted the deadly officer-involved shooting. The Baton Rouge Police Department confirmed that Sterling died after being shot during an altercation at the Triple S Food Mart on July 5. The store is located at the corner of Fairfields Avenue and North Foster Drive.

More at link: http://www.fox8live.com/story/32597240/ ... sy-results

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:11 pm 

Looking for updates on the investigation (none), found this. :94

Alton Sterling's Family Accuse the Police of Orchestrating the Floods in Baton Rouge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:36 pm 

Good grief. I am so sick of all the BS from these people. Sterling was nothing but A thug. He was given respect by the LEO. They tried the easy way and Sterling chose the hard way. He was just selling CD's. IMO that was a cover for selling drugs. His autopsy report was sealed by the Feds. IMO he was full of drugs. Now the two officers involved in the shooting, well, their lives will never, NEVER be the same. Their family and friends lives will never be the same. They are all living to see the affects of Sterling's thugishness play out EVERY day.

Sterling's life of crime facilitated the deaths of three officers in BR and five officers in Dallas. The weight of that will always, also, be carried by the officers involved in Sterling's death. Is the weight of that being carried by Sterling's family? Doesn't appear to be.

These people refuse to SEE. These officers did the right thing and lived to see another day. If Sterling had done the right thing, he also would have lived to see another day.

Race had NOTHING to do with this.

I have a suggestion, instead of getting all preachy to everyone else, go to church, find God, and then get back to me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:55 pm 

Showpoodles wrote:
These people refuse to SEE. These officers did the right thing and lived to see another day. If Sterling had done the right thing, he also would have lived to see another day.
This is SO true, Showpoodles, as in almost every case.

I enjoyed reading your post as you tell it from being right there in the middle of it all. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:32 pm 

Read an off-topic article today confirming the Sterling investigation is still on-going. No updates.

Baton Rouge officer sues Black Lives Matter activist DeRay Mckesson over ‘inciting violence’
By Chris Sommerfeldt | New York Daily News | November 8, 2016

A Louisiana cop has filed a lawsuit blaming a prominent Black Lives Matter activist for getting struck in the face by a piece of concrete — even though the suit concedes the named activist didn't actually throw anything.

The unnamed officer filed the federal lawsuit Monday saying Baltimore native and Black Lives Matter organizer DeRay Mckesson "incited violence" during a protest in Baton Rouge on July 9. The tumultuous protest, which prompted hundreds of arrests, was organized in response to the death of Alton Sterling, a 37-year-old black man shot and killed by two white police officers there on July 5.

The officer says in the lawsuit he was struck by a "rock like substance" and, since Mckesson "was in charge," he is to blame.

"He was seen and heard giving orders throughout the day and night of the protests," the suit charges. "DeRay Mckesson was present during the protest and he did nothing to calm the crowd and, instead, he incited the violence on behalf of Black Lives Matter."

The Baton Rouge officer, who's only identified as "John Doe" in the suit, is seeking unspecified damages and claims he lost teeth and suffered injuries to his jaw and brain during the alleged rock throwing incident. The suit says Doe requested anonymity "for his protection."

Mckesson didn't immediately return requests for comment from the Daily News, but took to Twitter Monday evening. "I wish the Baton Rouge police would return my bookbag," he said, quickly prompting hundreds of retweets.

More at link: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2863430

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:30 pm 

Sounds like a "protest & get arrested" incentive to me. :doh

Baton Rouge settles lawsuit with Alton Sterling protesters, DeRay Mckesson
By Andrea Gallo, The Advocate | wwltv.com | November 23, 2016, 10:20AM

BATON ROUGE, La. -- After a Baton Rouge Police officer shot and killed Alton Sterling in July, hundreds took to the city's streets in protest. Now, City Hall will pay out a few hundred dollars apiece to more than 90 protesters, including Black Lives Matter activist DeRay Mckesson, who sued the city after their arrests.

According to our partners at The Advocate, the Baton Rouge Metro Council voted Tuesday evening to approve the settlement in the federal class-action lawsuit. The settlement, about $100,000 in total, will be borne by four agencies paying no more than $25,000 each: the city government, Louisiana State Police, the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office and the District Attorney's Office.

Parish Attorney Lea Anne Batson said the city plans to pay $230 to each of the 92 plaintiffs in the lawsuit. The rest of the money under the $25,000 cap for the city-parish will go toward bonding fees, attorney's fees and other costs, Batson said.

East Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar Moore III had said his office will not prosecute Mckesson and the other protesters booked on misdemeanor counts of obstructing a highway. But the protesters' lawsuit says Mckesson and the others were still required to post substantial bail, pay administrative fees and court costs in order to be released, and that they would have to pay more to have their arrests expunged.

More at link: http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/baton-r ... /355306943

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:42 pm 

Meanwhile ... :roll

Baton Rouge braces for more Alton Sterling-related protests
By J.R. Ball | NOLA.com | November 23, 2016

BATON ROUGE — Officially, no one is saying when the results of the federal investigation into the police shooting death of Alton Sterling will be announced. Yet there's a growing sense here that the inquiry is nearing its end, prompting law enforcement officials to begin bracing for the reaction of an already frustrated community — especially should the U.S. Justice Department opt not to prosecute either of the two Baton Rouge police officers involved in the July 5 killing.

"We have no idea when the Department of Justice will make an announcement," Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards said after a meeting Monday (Nov. 21) of law enforcement officials, Baton Rouge community activists and religious leaders to discuss ways of improving relations between police and the public, "and we have no idea what that announcement will be."
[...]
After Monday's meeting, the State Police superintendent, Col. Mike Edmondson, and Baton Rouge Police Chief Carl Dabadie Jr. said police will allow demonstrations. But they stressed that "unlawful behavior" will bring a law enforcement response.

"We're going to go where they are, and we're going to work with them," Edmondson said. "But when it gets out of hand, we're going to react."

More at link: http://www.nola.com/news/baton-rouge/in ... nvest.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:01 pm 

No word yet on Alton Sterling investigation, but police expect advance notice of results
BY ANDREA GALLO | The Advocate | January 5, 2017

State Police Superintendent Col. Mike Edmonson said Thursday he's asked for and expects two weeks advance notice before the U.S. Department of Justice publicly releases the results of its investigation into the July 2016 fatal shooting of Alton Sterling by a Baton Rouge policeman.

But Edmonson and other law enforcement and political leaders say that so far they have not received alerts about when to expect a decision on whether to charge either of the two officers involved in the Sterling case with federal civil rights violations.

More at link: http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 34406.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:47 am 

DOJ Decision Watch. Several other news sources are reporting same.

As rumors swirl Alton Sterling decision to come next week, lawmakers advance police reform bills
By Bryn Stole, Rebekah Allen, Grace Toohey | The Advocate | Updated April 27, 2017 at 12:51 pm

A committee of state lawmakers advanced a pair of police reform bills Thursday to beef up training and tighten hiring practices, measures that were crafted partially in response to the fatal shooting of Alton Sterling by Baton Rouge officers.

The move, which was backed by law enforcement agencies, was discussed as rumors swirled around Baton Rouge that the U.S. Department of Justice's long-awaited decision about the Sterling shooting would be released next week.
[...]
Shortly after the incident, the FBI and Department of Justice began investigating whether the two Baton Rouge police officers involved in the fatal altercation with Sterling outside a North Foster Drive convenience store violated his civil rights.

If federal prosecutors decline to bring charges, Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry's office will review the evidence turned up in the FBI's investigation to determine whether any state charges will be filed.

Former Baton Rouge Metro Councilman John Delgado, who is now working as a lobbyist for the Baton Rouge Police Department union, said in an interview following the committee vote at the Legislature that the federal decision would likely be announced Monday or Tuesday of next week.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... d2a1f.html

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:00 pm 

AP Sources: Justice will not charge Baton Rouge officers
By Sadie Gurman, Michael Kunzelman | AP | May 2, 2017, 6:40PM, ET

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — The U.S. Justice Department has decided not to charge two white Baton Rouge police officers in the death of a black man whose fatal shooting was captured on cellphone video, fueling protests in Louisiana's capital and beyond, The Associated Press has learned.

Federal authorities opened a civil rights investigation immediately after the July 2016 police shooting that killed 37-year-old Alton Sterling outside a convenience store where he was selling homemade CDs.

A person familiar with the decision disclosed it to the AP on Tuesday. The person was not authorized to talk publicly about the decision and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.

The department's decision doesn't preclude state authorities from conducting their own investigation and pursuing their own criminal charges.

More at link: https://apnews.com/5e08f068985a4bb98318 ... e-officers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:18 pm 

Original story: viewtopic.php?f=145&t=1745&hilit=DeRay+McKesson&start=20#p119971

Judge considering whether BRPD officer can sue BLM protesters for injuries he sustained during protest
By WAFB Staff | June 14, 2017, 4:50PM CT

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah2 ... mhuqbv.jpg

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - There’s a new development on a lawsuit filed by a Baton Rouge police officer against activist, Deray McKesson and Black Lives Matter.

A hearing was held Wednesday, June 14 that could derail the whole case. In the lawsuit, the unnamed officer claims members of Black Lives Matter protesting the Alton Sterling shooting case in July hurled a rock at his face, knocking out teeth and hurting his jaw.

The officer also claims McKesson was in charge and was directing the July protesters. But a federal judge is now weighing the argument that Black Lives Matter is not a formal organization, and therefore, is not responsible for the actions of protesters.

The judge is expected to make a decision on whether or not the suit can move forward in the coming days.

Source: http://www.wafb.com/story/35666786/judg ... ng-protest