It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Korryn Gaines
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:07 pm 
ADMIN

Baltimore County police shot Korryn Gaines — and a 5-year-old was caught in the crossfire
Updated by German Lopez on August 2, 2016, 4:45 p.m. ET

It began with police issuing an arrest warrant for traffic violations. But by the time it was over, after an hours-long standoff, Korryn Gaines was dead and a 5-year-old boy was shot, sustaining non-life-threatening injuries.

It’s not exactly clear what happened during that hours-long standoff. Police have not said, for one, whether it was Gaines — a 23-year-old black woman who was allegedly carrying a shotgun — or the officers who shot the 5-year-old during a shootout. It’s also not clear if there is any video of the events as they unfolded.

But news of the shooting has already quickly led to outrage, particularly from the Black Lives Matter movement and other activists who fight racial disparities in the criminal justice system. To many critics, it is just another example of an issue that quickly rose to the national spotlight after the police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, in August 2014.

Three officers were serving an arrest warrant on Gaines — over traffic violations — at around 9:20 am Monday morning at an apartment in Randallstown, Maryland, according to Baltimore County police.

Police said Gaines barricaded herself with a shotgun at an apartment. For hours, police said they tried to talk her down. But, they said, Gaines repeatedly threatened the police and aimed her gun at them. At around 3 pm, she allegedly said, "If you don’t leave, I’m going to kill you."

An officer fired his weapon once, according to police. Gaines returned fire. Police then opened fire. By the time it was over, Gaines was dead and the 5-year-old boy, whom an uncle identified as Gaines’s son to the Baltimore Sun, was injured.

....more at link
http://www.vox.com/2016/8/2/12351500/ko ... ting-video

Post subject: Re: Korryn Gaines
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:48 pm 
ADMIN

A dindu... with a shotgun... threatening to kill cops

I guess it has legs for the BLM dopes?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:13 pm 

LOL at your BLM smilies ... :)

I haven't followed-up much on it today on twitter or news articles. Twitter was frustrating to read but I did see a few gifs/vines that are supposedly gone now. One was the 5-y/o filming her as she was loading the shotgun with shells. I also read that the guy (also wanted on warrants) who ran out the back with the 1-y/o, was her boyfriend. Seems like he could have done something to restrain her in that hour long standoff, unless he was scared of her and the gun.

Who knows?

The best response I saw ... to the millions of idiots on twitter saying that she didn't deserve to die, was ...

She deserved to be arrested but she chose to die.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:41 pm 

h/t
(((Scott))) @bamasevere
He has been on it all day long, posted the vine that is gone.

The Shotgun

Picture from her Instagram (teaching self-defense)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:13 am 

Hi, this is a strange story. Here are the links I found today:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-korryn-gaines-tuesday-20160802-story.html
http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/08/02/korryn-gaines-battsht-crazy-like-black-lives-matter-cult-spawned/
http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/08/02/shaun-kings-posts-videos-from-korryngaines-social-media-accounts-but-they-dont-show-what-he-says-they-show/

And, Rumpole, I don't know how to copy the screenshots from someone's twitter, but maybe you can get them if you think they are helpful. On this man's twitter line,
https://twitter.com/StrategicCPLUSM
he has posted the incident report from Gaines' March traffic stop. At the moment, the first five thumbnails at the left under the profile tell the March story. I'm sorry I don't know how to pick up things like that and copy them properly to post them.

It sounds to me like she was trying to "suicide by cop" and for some perhaps psychotic reason, she was drafting her son as a witness, while also using him as a shield in the process. But it seems pretty evident that she expected to die and was trying repeatedly to force the police to "murder" her.

Tragic. And what has it done to the children? And what effect does this kind of encounter have on the police she was threatening? Tragedy all around.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:32 am 
ADMIN

THX Sue..... I'll grab the 5 tweet pics of the March Traffic Stop
(FWIW.. I viewed each image at Twitter.. right clicked to save image, then uploaded to my Photobucket and posted her) :cool

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:47 am 

This is a collective video of several things -- talking to her son before her arrest back in March, her loading the shotgun, and at the end, what she was "teaching" her son about "the cops outside" (the last video she made). :(

Some of this is already in a few of the sites Sue posted.

Woman Commits Suicide By Cop For Black Lives Matter In Hopes of Going Viral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:02 pm 

Molly wrote:
She deserved to be arrested but she chose to die.

That is a great and solid answer to so many of these cases involving thugs! Thank you Molly :heart

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:13 pm 

Hi Carm! :28 Yes, that one line is applicable to MOST. I've already used it since posting, in the Chicago/Paul O'Neal shooting. ;)

Korryn Gaines' boyfriend facing charges after gun, heroin found in apartment, police say
By Kevin Rector | The Baltimore Sun | August 5, 2016

The boyfriend of Korryn Gaines, the woman who Baltimore County Police fatally shot in her Randallstown apartment earlier this week, is now facing gun and drug charges stemming from a police search of the apartment after the shooting.

Kareem Kiean Courtney, 39, who lived in the apartment with Gaines and was present when police first arrived to arrest them on warrants on Monday, was charged with nine criminal counts on Friday, police confirmed to The Baltimore Sun. The charges include drug possession and distribution of heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia, operating the apartment as a "common nuisance" for the illegal distribution of drugs, and at least five charges related to a 12-gauge shotgun and ammunition found in the apartment.

Police obtained a warrant to search the apartment hours after a tactical officer fatally shot Gaines at the location, police said. Inside, they found the shotgun, ammunition scattered around, and three bags containing 75 capsules of a substance that a forensic analysis determined was heroin, police said.
[...]
Courtney is being held without bail.

Courtney was convicted of attempted murder in Baltimore City in 1996, and sentenced to eight years in prison. That conviction made it illegal for him to possess or have access to a firearm in the state.

More at link: http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/ ... -88045332/