It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:39 am 
ADMIN

H/T Froggie......

Family: Man Dead After Officer-Involved Shooting In Falcon Heights
July 6, 2016 11:22 PM

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — WCCO confirms that a 32-year-old man has died after an officer-involved shooting Wednesday night in Falcon Heights.

Philando Castile’s mother, Valerie Castile, says he died at Hennepin County Medical Center.

St. Anthony Police confirmed the shooting, which happened in the area of Larpenteur Avenue and Fry Street. Castile’s girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, and her daughter were in the car at the time. Reynolds is in custody Wednesday night.

A video circulating on Facebook, which was pulled from the site before midnight, was filmed by Reynolds and appears to show the aftermath of the shooting.

...more at link
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/07/0 ... n-heights/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:39 am 
ADMIN

The video.....

VIDEO - Black Man Shot & Killed by Minnesota Cop at Traffic Stop - Philando Castile Lavish Reynolds

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:43 am 
ADMIN

Quote:
Froggoeleggs says:
July 7, 2016 at 1:17 am

He was the driver of the vehicle. For some reason her camera is making everything mirror image. I also believe his name is Philandro Castile.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:40 am 
ADMIN

From CTH......

The Curious Case of Philando Castile – Falcon Heights, MN Police Shooting…
Posted on July 8, 2016 by sundance

ImageImage

By now everyone is aware of the officer involved shooting of Philando Castile that became a viral BLM activist case as a direct result of his girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds (aka Lavish Reynolds) live-streaming the aftermath from their vehicle.

During the uploaded video narration Ms. Reynolds stated the police officer pulled them over for a broken tail light.

There are several aspects of the narrative as told that didn’t pass the sniff test, however, something about the “tail light” just didn’t seem to make sense. Especially when you consider it was daylight when they were pulled over; and where –in the aftermath media video– it can be noted the tail lights were operable.

Upon further evaluation of the entire set of circumstances, something is missing.

Was there another reason why the police officer would pull them over?

The shooting took place, late afternoon/early evening Wednesday July 6th. [ Remember that, and stay with me ].

The people at GotNews chased down the social media profiles of Diamond and Philando, and unfortunately a familiar set of social behaviors surfaces.

Yes, Philando Castile was a gang member (crips), frequently picturing himself with firearms, cash, drugs and gang signs; and Ms. Diamond also has a colorfully broadcasted social presence.

...more at link
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... -shooting/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:46 am 
ADMIN

Quote:
Would it change the overall impression of events if the officer:
….was not simply pulling over a random vehicle identified with a broken tail light (claim of Ms. Reynolds); but rather the officer was pulling over a vehicle containing a B.O.L.O driver who fit the exact profile of an armed robbery suspect a few days earlier?

Quote:
Wouldn’t it be entirely plausible for a rather concerned police officer to be additionally, well, twitchy perhaps, about a possible armed robbery suspect -pulled over- who identifies he is armed inside the vehicle, and then makes an unanticipated movement toward….

Well, I think you get the overall thesis.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:53 pm 
ADMIN

Update at CTH.....

UPDATE 7/8/16 3:00pm EDT:
KARE11 News has just presented police radio communication that confirms this exact set of facts and thesis. – The officers have also been identified:

[…] We have verified that the license plate mentioned by police in the recording matches the plate of the car Castile was driving. The location the officer gives also corresponds to the locations of the traffic stop.

“I’m going to stop a car,” the officer says on the recording. “I’m going to check IDs. I have reason to pull it over.”

“The two occupants just look like people that were involved in a robbery,” the officer says. “The driver looks more like one of our suspects, just ‘cause of the wide set nose,” the officer continues.

A minute and a half later, the recording captures the first report that there was a shooting.

...KARE11 article
http://www.kare11.com/news/police-scann ... /267042738

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:35 pm 
ADMIN

Confirmed – Philando Castile Was an Armed Robbery Suspect – False Media Narrative Now Driving Cop Killings…
Posted on July 8, 2016 by sundance

The Falcon Heights, Minnesota police shooting of Philando Castile is based around an entirely false narrative. Castile and Ms. Diamond Reynolds (Facebook video uploader) were pulled over by police because Castile matched a BOLO Alert for an armed robbery suspect from four days prior.

Image Image

Police officers in: Dallas (link), Tennessee (link), Missouri (link) and Georgia (link) have been Shot or killed in the past 24 hours as a result of a false narrative driven by the Black Lives Matter movement. It is important to get the truth out quickly.

...more at link
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... -killings/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:37 pm 
ADMIN

Quote:
Ms. Diamond Reynolds narrates the now viral Facebook video with several false statements.

Reynolds claimed they were pulled over for a broken tail light, false.

Ms. Reynolds also claims her boyfriend, Castile, was holding a concealed carry permit for a firearm that was resting on his left thigh. This also appears to be false.

According to a question presented to the local county sheriff who oversees the Concealed Carry Permit process, Mr. Castile had never requested a concealed carry permit from their office:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:31 pm 

I can see right now that I best avoid this thread. Frankly I think the announcement that the Minnesota Governor made says a whole lot.

Quote:
An "appalled" Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton said Thursday that police wouldn't have shot and killed Philando Castile if he'd been white and called for justice "with the greatest sense of time urgency."

Castile, who was about to turn 33, was killed Wednesday during a traffic stop in Falcon Heights, a suburb of the Twin Cities. He died at a hospital after the incident, which occurred about 9 p.m. (10 p.m. ET) Wednesday.

LINK: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/appalled-minnesota-governor-says-philando-castile-would-be-alive-if-n605496

All other nonsense aside you could even hear the panic in the officers voice. This is simply sad and frankly should not have occurred. Keep in mind I have over 40 weapons in my home, carry several in our vehicles and have had tensions with officers when they realize we are licensed with concealed carry permits and are armed. I hate to say it but if we had been anything but white rural rednecks the cops 'tensions' could have easily been pushed over the edge.

This is a travesty. My understanding of some comments (member of gang, etc) simply doesn't matter. His rap sheet was clean. There was a baby in the back seat ffs. If he were white he most likely would not have been treated the same way. Period.

Take this from the whitest redneck you can find from one of the most rural and conservative parts of our great nation. ME.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:38 pm 
ADMIN

WKC as with ALL these cases... the important point is.. and my disappointment comes from.... people ASSUMING it is an an unnecessary shooting by a (racist) cop.. BEFORE the facts are known at all.

For instance... in this case ... IF Castile had a handgun on his knee.. then he may well have been reaching for it... certainly the cop did not know WHAT he was reaching for. It makes ZERO sense for cops to hold fire it THEY perceive a suspect reaching for a weapon. It is too late to shoot when you yourself are dead. Again.. in this case it looks like the stop was to investigate a suspect who fitted the description of an armed robber on the lose

AND....

Of course if this turns out to be a cop who did "bad".. then he should face charges... have his day in court though. There is NO EXCUSE for a lynch mob to start chanting Black lives matter and "Fuck the police" even so. What do they want? People arrested on demand by a mob.. and sentenced without a trial?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:49 pm 

Agreed sir. Mob justice is simply domestic terrorism in a different form. We need to find out all facts.

However, I know that shooting before being shot at (as military force recon units are trained and most times FORCED to abide by) is real. This is what they generally teach. Not shoot first then figure it out.

I do not think this cop walked up to the car to shoot a black guy.

I think his panic kicked into high gear faster than it should BECAUSE it was a black guy.

Either way if he is innocent and this was genuine accident (as his voice in video seems to prove) then we just have to work through it and move on. I do not mean to pass premature judgement but frankly in this case I belive he simply pulled the trigger to early. That is his issue to live with no matter what we think.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:01 pm 
ADMIN

I imagine being a cop in that situation.. with finger on trigger... very worried... easy to "squeeze prematurely"
I can also imagine being the INNOCENT driver... personally I would NOT reach for anything... that seems like a dumb move. I would keep hands in plain view and follow cop instructions. Again IF he had a gun on his knee he is in a bad spot.. I can NOT think of a legitimate reason to do that other than being ready to pop the cop.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:11 pm 

Agreed. Well said.

These situations are why I have deep and profound respect by default for all Police, Fire and EMT persons. I cannot imagine some of the next to impossible situations they may find themselves in every single time they respond to a seemingly normal call or even are dispatched to other situations.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:33 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
I imagine being a cop in that situation.. with finger on trigger... very worried... easy to "squeeze prematurely"
I can also imagine being the INNOCENT driver... personally I would NOT reach for anything... that seems like a dumb move. I would keep hands in plain view and follow cop instructions. Again IF he had a gun on his knee he is in a bad spot.. I can NOT think of a legitimate reason to do that other than being ready to pop the cop.

Latest info is that it was not a stop for a broken tail light, but because he matched the description of a person who committed a armed robbery in that very area. He may not have been that person, but he matched the description. The sheriff in his area says he didn't have a concealed carry permit.

So, a stop for a possible felon, and a gun (seen or used). It may or may not have been a justified shooting, but it doesn't sound like it was a racial deal.
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:09 pm 

Is it just me or have you heard the officer screaming I TOLD HIM NOT TO REACH FOR IT or I TOLD HIM NOT TO MOVE you can hear in his voice that he was not in a rage or anger or anything like that.... he was in pure defense and border line panic mode.

Is it just me...? ....or can others hear that in his voice (on that horrible video that was made more horrible by the fact I had to use Wife facebook login to view) he was not an executioner regardless of circumstance. Not saying this proves anything just an impression from the raw footage.

EDIT: I will stop spamming thread Rumpole and leave this comment:

I stick to my belief this is a case of an officer that simply pulled the trigger a moment too soon. In my mind he would have hesitated if everyone in the car was white. But this is just an ignorant ass speaking his opinion here.... me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:22 am 
ADMIN

You're not "spamming the thread" :)

I am repeating myself.. but it is the RUSH to assume GUILT and RACISM that is the problem.... exacerbated by dopes who come on TV (and politicians like Obama and Crooked Hillary). The BLM thing is hysterical lynch mob rushing to judgement.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:30 am 
ADMIN

From CTH....

Quote:
sundance says:
July 9, 2016 at 3:17 am

http://eastsidereviewnews.com/articles/ ... ence-store

@ 09:45 of video

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:18 am 

Going to watch this unfold. Unfortunately it appears that we are going to have many police officers potentially under constant threat of attack and ambush. That is if the main news outlets are getting any of their stories straight yet.

/me shakes head

Who holds a gun on their knee while an obviously tense and nervous officer is trying to figure out what he has in front of him. If he had a gun on his knee and the officer could see it...... Things change quickly about how everyone reacted.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:04 pm 
ADMIN

The discussion at CTH touched on the other armed robbery perp.... IMO and others he lokks more like Castile.

Here is somebody's comparison... the OTHER robbery perp (USA1) compared to Castile in 3 plaid shirt pics from his social media.

One focus is "the shoes" and the white "U" design... seen best in store pic... where also perp has the Newport Ciggies in hand.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:34 pm 
ADMIN

Keep in mind............
The original point was simply that Castile FITTED THE DESCRIPTION of an armed robbery perp.... whether or not it can be PROVEN that he is one of the robbers is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to that point. He certainly DOES fit the description and so it was legitimate for cops to stop and question him. that is established!!

It is a SECOND issue to look for clues as to whether Castile was in fact one of the perps.

Of course if that can be established... it adds credence to the hypothesis that Castile would have his gun at the ready to shoot any cop