It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:59 pm 

Molly wrote:

"Mrs. Meisner was moving a rifle that was stored inside a case in a closet," the press release explained. "As she lifted the rifle in the case, another item within the case shifted and hit the trigger of the rifle causing it to fire and fatally injure Mrs. Meisner."

Hells bells this is shady. No safety? A gun stored locked and loaded? No foam that keep the gun and "items in the case" from shifting? the gunshot jeu happened to be fatal? That there is a whole lot of coincidences and odd circumstances.

A domestic violence call an hour and a half before she was killed? I am not on the accident conclusion yet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:03 pm 
ADMIN

Given what you say, Carm.. I agree... further investigation is indicated :cool

(I might have to move this item to the crimes dept?)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:06 pm 

It is not right Rumpole I can tell you that. Whether anything will come of the "not rightness" is yet to be seen :roll

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:50 pm 
ADMIN

Sir George Martin, Beatles producer, dies aged 90
Will Woodward
Wednesday 9 March 2016 10.44 GMT

Sir George Martin, producer of the Beatles and the man Sir Paul McCartney described as a “second father”, has died aged 90.

Martin passed away at his home on Tuesday evening. The news was broken in a tweet from Ringo Star, who wrote: “God bless George Martin peace and love to Judy and his family love Ringo and Barbara George will be missed.”

Sir Paul McCartney paid tribute to a “great man”, saying : “He was a true gentleman and like a second father to me. He guided the career of The Beatles with such skill and good humour that he became a true friend to me and my family. If anyone earned the title of the fifth Beatle it was George.”

...more at link
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/m ... es-aged-90

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:14 pm 

Keith Emerson of Emerson, Lake and Palmer dies at 71
By Robert Jablon, AP | DallasNews.com | March 11, 2016

Keith Emerson was able to compose without any instrument,
his longtime partner, Mari Kawaguchi, said. (File 2015/AP)

NEW YORK — Keith Emerson, founder and keyboardist of the progressive-rock band Emerson, Lake and Palmer, has died, his longtime partner announced Friday. He was 71.

Mari Kawaguchi said she found Emerson dead at around 1:30 a.m. at their condominium in the coastal suburb of Santa Monica, Calif., but he could have died Thursday evening or night. She declined to disclose the cause of his death.

“Keith was a gentle soul whose love for music and passion for his performance as a keyboard player will remain unmatched for many years to come,” his former bandmate, drummer Carl Palmer, said in a statement. “He was a pioneer and an innovator whose musical genius touched all of us in the worlds of rock, classical and jazz. I will always remember his warm smile, good sense of humor, compelling showmanship and dedication to his musical craft. I am very lucky to have known him and to have made the music we did together.”

Kawaguchi said Emerson was able to compose without any instrument.

“He was just natural. The music was always in his head, always,” she said. “Even when he was sleeping, you know, I could tell he was always thinking about music. Sometimes he would wake up and compose music. And it was all so, so beautiful.”

Emerson, Palmer and vocalist/guitarist Greg Lake were giants of progressive rock in the 1970s, recording six platinum-selling albums. They and other hit groups such as Pink Floyd, the Moody Blues and Genesis stepped away from rock’s emphasis on short songs with dance beats, instead creating albums with ornate pieces full of complicated rhythms, intricate chords and time signature changes. The orchestrations drew on classical and jazz styles and sometimes wedded traditional rock instruments with full orchestras.

More at link: http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2016 ... at-71.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:39 am 

So many eight-track artists have died or committed suicide in the past year it's like an epidemic ..ugh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:46 pm 

Garry Shandling, Star of Groundbreaking Sitcoms, Dies at 66
By Peter Keepnews | The New York Times | March 24, 2016

Garry Shandling, a comedian who deftly walked a tightrope between comedic fiction and show-business reality on two cable sitcoms, died on Thursday in Los Angeles. He was 66.

A spokesman for the Los Angeles police confirmed the death but did not give a cause. TMZ, the gossip website, reported that Mr. Shandling had had a heart attack.

Mr. Shandling, who began his comedy career as a writer and went on to become one of the most successful stand-up comics of the 1980s, was best known for “The Larry Sanders Show,” a dark look at life behind the scenes of a late-night talk show. It ran on HBO from 1992 to 1998.

Mr. Shandling’s Larry Sanders was the host of a fictional show within a show, interviewing real celebrities playing themselves in segments that were virtually indistinguishable from real talk shows like “The Tonight Show.” Mr. Shandling had frequently substituted for Johnny Carson as the “Tonight Show” host. But the Sanders show was mostly concerned with what happened when the cameras were off, especially the interplay among Larry, his bumbling announcer and sidekick (Jeffrey Tambor) and his mercurial producer (Rip Torn).

A full obituary will appear soon.

More at link: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/25/arts/ ... -dies.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:20 pm 

Rumple should have an obituary thread, folks are getting old and dropping off the edge of their life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:22 pm 
ADMIN

This thread is Obituaries (mostly) :cool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:25 pm 

IKR? An Obit Thread would help .... takes me forever to find where to put them and I can't tell you how many times I've missed and Rumpole has to move them. :34

Shandling was one of my favorite comedians on the old Tonight Show. I thought he was so funny!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:31 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
This thread is Obituaries (mostly) :cool

And so it is. Man life is brutal :77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:32 pm 

I'll have to check out Handling's humor I recognize his face but I'm not familiar with him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:05 am 

Used to ROFLOL at Shandling humor. His brick wall stuff inspired me to turn away from two belligerent tweens and start talking to the kitchen wall ...worked damn kids listened :lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:22 pm 

Not much of an obit yet. I waited until they posted a photo. RIP :rose

Oscar-winning former child star Patty Duke dies, age 69
By Maria Puente | USA Today | March 29, 2016, 12:34PM

Patty Duke, the teen who won an Oscar for The Miracle Worker and later played "identical cousins" in her own TV sitcom, has died. She was 69.

The news was confirmed Tuesday by one of her representatives, Mitchell Stubbs.

"Anna 'Patty Duke' Pearce passed away this morning March 29, 2016 at 1:20 am," his statement read. "Her cause of death was sepsis from a ruptured intestine. She was a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a friend, a mental health advocate and a cultural icon. She will be missed."

Duke's last tweets, earlier this month, alluded to being "absent" recently.

More at link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movi ... /82382666/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:22 pm 
ADMIN

Sad..... I remember watching the Patty Duke show :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:48 pm 

Merle Haggard, revered country singer of common man anthems, dies at 79
By Terence McArdle | The Washington Post | April 6, 2016

Merle Haggard, the Grammy Award-winning singer whose autobiographical prison songs and populist political anthems, notably “Mama Tried” and “Okie From Muskogee,” made him one of country music’s most formidable and celebrated entertainers, died April 6 in Palo Cedro, Calif. He died on his 79th birthday.

The cause was complications from pneumonia, his manager, Frank Mull, told the Associated Press.

Mr. Haggard was widely regarded as one of the most moving singers in the country genre. New York Times music critic Joe Pareles said of a 1993 concert performance, “Dignity, pain and a sense of loss come through his singing in subtleties: a stretched syllable, a suddenly broadened vibrato, a dip to a deep baritone note, a bluesy downward slide.”

Along with singers Buck Owens and Wynn Stewart, Mr. Haggard typified country music’s “Bakersfield sound” of the 1960s. The California city, home to many who fled the dust bowls of the 1930s and worked in its oil fields, was a thriving center of country music. Whereas Nashville producers pressured their singers to adopt to a “countrypolitan” style with choirs and string sections, Bakersfield built its reputation on a grittier sound and twangy guitars.

[...] Merle Ronald Haggard was born in Bakersfield, Calif., on April 6, 1937, in a makeshift home that his father built from an abandoned boxcar. Mr. Haggard’s parents left a barren farm in Oklahoma as part of the exodus from the Dust Bowl.

His father, a western swing fiddler and carpenter, died when Merle was 9. While his mother struggled to support the family, Mr. Haggard spent his childhood in a reckless pattern of petty crimes, truancy and narrow escapes from the police, once running away to Texas by hopping freights and stealing cars. By 14, he had escaped from three juvenile facilities.

For Mr. Haggard, the one bright spot in this youth was music. After hearing country singer Lefty Frizzell at a local dance hall, Mr. Haggard took up singing and guitar. He prided himself on his ability to mimic Frizzell’s singing style and, by his teens, secured music jobs in local honky tonks.

[this is a lengthy article -- worth reading]

More at link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertai ... story.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:03 pm 

E! Online UK@EOnlineUK
Legendary entertainer David Gest has sadly passed away. Our thoughts go out to his family.

David Gest Found Dead in London Hotel Room
By Francesca Bacardi | E Online UK | April 12, 2016 12:04 PM

Legendary TV producer and entertainer David Gest has been found dead in his London hotel room at the Four Seasons Canary Wharf, E! News has confirmed.

London Metropolitan Police tell E! News that police were called at 10:17 a.m. local time and the London Ambulance Service were called to the scene. A post-mortem will be done "in due course" and the next of kin are in the process of being informed, but the case is being treated as "non-suspicious" at this time.

His granddaughter, Stephanie Davis, took to Twitter to mourn his death. "My heart is broken. Grandad has gone. Last to get photo with him," she tweeted. "We made plans and im gutted I won't see you again."

Gest was scheduled to go on tour throughout the United Kingdom, putting on 24 shows alongside Dina Carroll, Russell Tompkins Jr. and Freda Payne. The tour was titled David Gest Is Not Dead But Alive With Soul, a joke about the fact that some of his Celebrity Big Brother co-stars thought he was dead.

He was last seen on CBB, but he departed the house after only 13 days because of medical issues.

The 62-year-old star married Liza Minnelli in 2002, but they called it quits after 18 months of marriage, with Gest claiming Minnelli violently abused him throughout their marriage. He filed a lawsuit for $10 million, but it was dismissed in 2006 and their divorce was finalized in 2007.

More at link: http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/756067/p ... hotel-room

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:21 pm 
ADMIN

"Prince" (57) ( Pop star) dead in his Minnesota home.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:24 pm 
ADMIN

Victoria Wood(62) (UK Comedienne/actress).... dead (cancer)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:30 am 
ADMIN

Muhammad Ali, 'The Greatest of All Time', Dead at 74
by Jon Schuppe

Muhammad Ali, the silver-tongued boxer and civil rights champion who famously proclaimed himself "The Greatest" and then spent a lifetime living up to the billing, is dead.

Ali died Friday at a Phoenix-area hospital, where he had spent the past few days being treated for respiratory complications, a family spokesman confirmed to NBC News. He was 74.

...more at link
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/muha ... 74-n584776

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next