It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:54 pm 

OK so I have been through all of this. I have to admit that I have never heard about one of the dogs finding anything. Having said that: when I was aware of search efforts the campground itself was somewhat overrun and LE was in control there. So now I am just at a loss...

Perhaps this proves that LE was more informed from the start than anyone has realized?

Last edited by WKC on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:02 pm 
ADMIN

Hi WKC

Yes. I never heard about any cadaver dog hits.. other than some interest near the reservoir.. put down to some "cremains" being scattered there. That is NOT even the area now described.
I accept that LE dont reveal everything publicly.. but as I said.. if there was a cadaver dog hit back in early days.. I would think it would be followed up vigorously back then... not NOW kept under observation (says Klein) with a view to digging for a body when the thaw comes????

I think we have to regard Klein's statements with some caution.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:03 pm 
ADMIN

Suspects in the Deorr Kunz disappearance case have been named
By Morgan Wagner, KBOI Thursday, March 3rd 2016

LEMHI, ID — Continuing coverage now on a missing Idaho toddler, suspects in the Deorr Kunz disappearance case have been named, but still no one has been arrested for a crime.

Little Deorr hasn't been seen in months, and his body's never been found.

KLEW News Anchor, Jenee Ryan is here in the studio now to tell us why one attorney believes the state would have a hard time proving a case of murder.

Well, Carol and Suzette, back in the day, the law simply stated, if you can't find a body, then there must not have been a murder. However attorneys tell us, that way of thinking is changing as DNA evidence becomes more reliable. But that new thinking doesn't seem to make this case any easier for the state.
[.....]
Former Idaho Attorney General, David Leroy said it's only been within the last 100 years, that we've seen changes brought against people for murder when a body hasn't been found. But he says when looking at the evidence in Deorr Junior's case, it's hard to build a case until the toddler's body is found.

...more at link
http://klewtv.com/news/local/suspects-i ... been-named

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:07 pm 

It is almost laughable that he claims they are watching the area. The only eyes up there are local LE or volunteers. Unless Klein is paying someone to sit in the middle of nowhere all day and watch. My guess is that if they have any type of active surveillance it would be with big game cams and local sheriff deputy stopping to check it regularly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:33 pm 
ADMIN

I dont trust (until confirmed) all that Klein says... but I give him credit for keeping the case "alive" and in the news.

LE do need to find the body.. and/or get the 4 adults to "break".

As I said when Klein popped up before.. I think (part of) the purpose is to provoke the parents (and other 2) into revealing more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:24 pm 
ADMIN

Denis Deorr Kunz has FIRED Klein.
(Is every male in Kunz family called Deorr? I can hear dueling banjos) :roll

Klein just posted a message on his fb (I worry about cases (or anything) run via fb

https://www.facebook.com/KleinInvestiga ... 6603615924

Quote:
Klein Investigations and Consulting
18 mins

Statement From Sr. Investigator Philip R. Klein :
"At 5:28 p.m. today - KIC Texas received a fax letter reported to have come from Dennis Deorr Kunz of Idaho Falls, Idaho. Mr. Kunz has released (fired - his term) our firm from the missing person case regarding Deorr Kunz.

This action taken by Dennis Kunz is the same action he took with Frank Viltz - the former investigator - as it was reported that he too came to the same conclusion in his limited time on the case. This is a pattern of behavor it seems.

Accordingly we have received a request to continue this case from two interested parties who wish us to continue. We are vetting those two requests as we speak.

I want to assure you in Idaho that we are not leaving the case.

Further, it is our opinion that Dennis Kunz is a wonderful man, however, we believe he is being misled. We wish Mr. Kunz nothing but the best from all of us at KIC Texas.

Thank you again for the very nice comments. Our committment is only to finding Deorr Kunz and not any other side shows."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:37 pm 
ADMIN

Klein firing has made the news..... :roll

Update: Private Investigator Klein has been "fired" from Kunz investigation
Published On: Mar 02 2016 06:13:20 PM CST Updated On: Mar 02 2016 07:30:51 PM CST

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - Update 6:25: According to the Klein Investigations and Counseling Facebook page, Phillip Klein has been "fired" from the investigation by the Kunz family.

...more at link
http://m.localnews8.com/news/private-in ... h/38307992

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:26 pm 

Damn Rumpole. You are fast. I just saw this update. I don't do facebook.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/03/ea ... kunz-case/

edit Rumpole
Sorry I deleted the Eaton article (left the link). Already saw it and rejected it. It's about Eaton, not the case

Last edited by WKC on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:32 pm 
ADMIN

:OT
Apparently I wont be doing fb much longer. They are demanding ID to prove real name. I dont WANT a real name account. :stamp
I am not being "sneaky" I just want the Rumpole account to look at news etc... I have ZERO desire to run a family and friends type fb.... BAD people prey on personal info anyway.... and I am simply not interested in that social media thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:28 pm 
ADMIN

Kunz family fires private investigator
Dean Johnson, KTVB 7:10 PM. MST March 02, 2016

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/idaho/in ... s/65018463

Here is the full statement from Dennis Kunz regarding the firing of Klein Investigations:

Quote:
I, Dennis Deorr Kunz, direct my attorney, Allen Browning, to fire Phillip Klein. I hired Mr. Klein to find my grandson, not to make public statements concerning his opinions in this case.

In fact, when Mr. Klein first made his public statements about this case, I wanted him to meet with my attorney, Allen Browning, so Mr. Klein could inform Mr. Browning what he was doing and why he was making public statements. Mr. Klein refused to allow Mr. Browning to meet with us. After I met with Mr. Klein and he had spoken to me and other members of my family, Mr. Browning came in to meet Mr. Klein. He informed Mr. Klein that Klein was not the spokesman for the family, Mr. Browning was.

Mr. Browning did inform Mr. Klein that he was not the family spokesman at that time and was not to make any public statements about this matter.

Most recently he has, without my permission, publicly accused my son Vernal Deorr Kunz of lying about the disappearance of my grandson. Mr. Klein has accused the mother of my grandson, Jessica Mitchell of "confessing" to having knowledge that my grandson is dead and that she knows the location of his corpse: no such statements were made. He has publicly stated that I and other members of my immediate family are "in denial" of the wrongdoing of my son. Mr. Klein's irresponsible and false statements have resulted in Jessica being terminated from her job, have turned the general public against my family and have generated death threats against my son and Jessica. And for all this trouble Mr. Klein has caused my family, and after Mr. Klein has been paid $20,000, I have no more information concerning the disappearance of my grandson than I had on the day Mr. Klein was hired.

Mr. Klein, you and your company are fired.

Dated this 2nd day of March, 2016.

(Signed) Dennis Deorr Kunz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:53 pm 
ADMIN

More from fb.... :roll

Statement by Vernal's lawyer

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 8364150992

Quote:
Allen H. Browning, Browning Law

I represent Vernal DeOrr Kunz and Jessica Mitchell, the parents of missing DeOrr Kunz, and the child's paternal grandfather, Dennis DeOrr Kunz. Philip Klein was hired by Dennis Kunz, and was paid $20,000, to find the missing child DeOrr Kunz. He has been unsuccessful. As a private investigator hired by Mr. Kunz, he has an obligation to share his findings with his client. He also has an obligation to keep his findings confidential. The week of January 25, 2016, Mr. Klein made inflammatory public statements, to the effect that he has been doing an investigation and has found that there is no evidence to contradict the Lemhi County sheriff's conclusion that the parents of Dennis Kunz's grandchild should be named as suspects in this case. Mr. Klein's statements caused many to believe that Vernal DeOrr Kunz and Jessica Mitchell were responsible for their son's disappearance, and that Mr. Klein had proof, and this caused the general public to hate these people. I discussed this matter with Dennis and Vernal when these statements were made. We wanted a meeting with Mr. Klein to find out why he would make such statements without permission of his client and to tell him not to do such things in the future. Mr. Klein agreed to meet with Dennis and Vernal and other family members on Wednesday, January 27, 2016. When Mr. Klein was informed the family's attorney would be present, he said he would not meet with them.
Not wishing to miss an opportunity to speak with Mr. Klein, Dennis agreed to speak with him without my being present.
During the course of the meeting, Mr. Klein essentially recapped work that had been done by the FBI and the Lemhi County prosecutor, and even told Vernal Kunz that there was a deal on the table that all this could be over if he would just plead to one count of a charge in which he would admit to knowing where the body of his child was; he could get only six months of probation and the charge would be expunged from his record.
After the meeting had been going on for some time, Vernal came out of the room to meet me, and he informed me that Mr. Klein had made that statement to him. Vernal told me that he would love for all of this to be over, but he wasn't going to plead to anything like that because he had no idea whether his son was dead or alive, he hoped he was alive, but certainly had no idea where he son was. I told him I needed to go in and meet with Mr. Klein, who was now not operating like the family's private investigator, but was acting like a prosecutor trying to trick my client.
I went into the meeting and introduce myself to Mr. Klein, who was not at all happy to see me. I asked him if he had related to Vernal that he was being offered a plea deal with the FBI where he would plead to some offense, get six months' probation and get the offense expunged from his record, because I am not aware of any federal charge that would get a defendant six months probation and an expungement of the offense from the record. Mr. Klein refused to answer my question. I told Mr. Klein that he was not to be giving Vernal any legal advice, because I was the attorney and he was not. Mr. Klein said that under Texas law he was not even allowed to be in the same room with me while discussing details of this case. I informed Mr. Klein that he was in Idaho and there was no such law in Idaho. At that point, Mr. Klein gathered his papers in front of him and prepared to leave. I informed him, in the presence of Dennis Kunz at that time, that I was the spokesman for the Kunz family and Mr. Klein was not authorized to make any public statements on behalf of the family. Mr. Klein heard me loud and clear at that time.
I am not aware that any efforts have been made by Mr. Klein since that meeting to find DeOrr Jr. However, Dennis did call Mr. Klein a couple of weeks ago and asked him if Klein had anyone in Idaho working on the case, and he said that he did, that he had "undercover" agents working on the case, people whose identities could not be disclosed. Dennis wanted to meet them and Mr. Klein said that was not possible. Dennis insisted if there was anyone working for Mr. Klein on the case that he meet with him. An hour later, Mr. Klein called him back and said he would allow the meeting, but only this once. He said that Dennis had to go to the local mall, enter at a particular time through a particular door, and take a particular route to Dillard's department store. He was to go to a particular spot in that store and stand facing the wall, and after a time someone would come up behind him and whisper the secret code number "999," and that would be Klein's undercover agent.
So Dennis did as Mr. Klein directed. Some guy showed up and whispered the secret code number "999" to him, and Dennis asked him to show him some documentation that he was a member of the Klein Investigations team. He didn't have anything, so Dennis didn't bother speaking with him further.

Why any private investigator would act this way is beyond me.

A couple of days ago, again without consulting Dennis, and in violation of my express statement to Mr. Klein in Dennis' presence that I was the authorized spokesman for the Kunz family and he was not, Mr. Klein took to the media and announced to the world that DeOrr jr. was dead, that Jessica Mitchell had confessed to him that she knew where the body was, that Vernal DeOrr Kunz was a liar that was hiding what he knew from everyone and that Dennis Kunz and the rest of the family was in denial.

None of these statements are true.

When I heard that Jessica had confessed to Philip Klein that she knew DeOrr Jr. was dead and that she knew where the body was I was shocked. I spoke with her and asked if this was true. She said no, she had been questioned numerous times by the sheriff and the FBI, not recently, and that after she had finished one of the interrogations they asked where she thought her son might be. She said she thought he was still up on the mountain somewhere and they just haven't been able to find him yet.

As to polygraph test results, those are never to be shared with the general public for several reasons. Among those reasons is that the machine has to be read by someone and is subjective; it does not say "lie" or "truth." In many cases, the readings are "inconclusive." In Vernal's case, he voluntarily subjected himself to a polygraph three times, because they told him the first test was not administered properly, the second was inconclusive. He hasn't seen any results from the third test.

Mr. Klein has said Vernal Kunz is a liar. He will get his opportunity to prove Mr. Kunz is a liar. However, Mr. Kunz did not lie to investigators. Mr. Kunz had no obligation to speak with detectives at all. If he had committed a crime concerning his son, he would not have voluntarily subjected himself to interrogations by detectives, without having an attorney present, many times.

I would like the general public to know that Mr. Kunz had spoken with me last summer about the police wanting to question him about the disappearance of his son. I told him at that time he should make no statement at all, because the police and FBI were not interested in finding his son, they were going to be setting him up to convict him of a crime. He met with them anyway because he had not done anything wrong. As a result of several of those meetings, this innocent man has been named a "suspect" in the disappearance of his son. A reporter from a national magazine informed me that the "inconsistency" in one of Vernal's statements to the Lemhi County sheriff was that he changed the identity of who made breakfast the day of his son's disappearance.

I hope this is a lesson to the general public: innocent people need to follow their attorney's advice.

As a result of the recent outrageous statements by Mr. Klein, Jessica has been terminated from her employment. The public at large has posted statements hailing Mr. Klein as some kind of a public hero and blasting Vernal DeOrr Kunz and Jessica Mitchell as being the scum of the earth. I have read these statements and they are heartbreaking.

I am proud that I am being given the opportunity to set the record straight for Vernal DeOrr Kunz and Jessica Mitchell, and to let the public know that they will proceed with legal action against Mr. Klein for making defamatory statements about them.

I am also proud to state that I will be filing a breach of contract suit against Mr. Klein on behalf of his former client, Dennis DeOrr Kunz. Mr. Klein was not hired to abuse his family. Mr. Klein was never given permission to make any statements about his investigation to the general public. Mr. Klein was paid $20,000 to find DeOrr Jr. because that's what Dennis wanted and that's what Vernal wanted. Mr. Klein's actions have been nothing short of destructive, and Dennis Kunz and his family want nothing further to do with Philip Klein.

I met with Dennis Kunz, Vernal Kunz and Jessica Mitchell yesterday. Dennis signed a letter formally firing Mr. Klein, and listing all the trouble he has caused by making unauthorized statements.

Social media has exploded as a result of the horrendous and untrue statements of Philip Klein. Hundreds of people have written comments in response to these statements. The general public is now convinced that Vernal DeOrr Kunz and Jessica Mitchell are criminals at best, child murderers at worst.

I want the public to know that I advised my clients to fire Philip Klein. Some on social media have publicly come to Mr. Klein's defense, without any knowledge of the real facts (like the weeks that Vernal Kunz spent searching for his son in Lemhi County after his disappearance). Some have said Mr. Klein was fired because he was getting "too close to the truth." There is no truth to that at all.

Philip Klein was fired for destroying people's lives.

Dennis Kunz can understand the FBI making people's lives a living hell by accusing them of crimes; it's what they do. What no one reading this can tolerate is hiring someone to help your family find a missing loved one, and having that person turn on you and use false statements to make the world hate the ones you love.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:47 pm 
ADMIN

There is no more news, so I am NOT following gossip threads for now... I could miss the next development

If any developments pop up in Media, please post a link :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:53 am 

Quote:
SALMON — The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office issued a statement Tuesday about the “volatile social media conversation” surrounding the DeOrr Kunz Jr. missing person’s case.

Chief Deputy Steve Penner also wrote about the need for people to stay away from the campground where the toddler went missing.

Link to article but there is no news here:
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/03/le ... kunz-case/

However, there is a development in that we have now been told NO ACCESS to the campground. Many people had campers out and are camping last few weekends even though there is still snow on the ground. So that is something they have NOT been saying previously. I am not going to go up there now unless it is with my local SAR organization in official volunteer capacity on their asking.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:56 pm 
ADMIN

THX WKC
Shame you are not heading up there, but I agree best not risk interfering with official search.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:31 pm 

Hi WKC :28

Saw this earlier via an email alert.

Thank you very much for your on the scene, insider updates!
Interesting :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:42 am 
ADMIN

Parents break silence; deny involvement in son's disappearance
Chelsea Brentzel
POSTED: 10:22 PM MST Mar 11, 2016 UPDATED: 11:46 PM MST Mar 11, 2016

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - Jessica Mitchell and Vernal Kunz speak for the first time after being named suspects in their son's, DeOrr Kunz's disappearance.
For the first since his parents were named suspects, Jessica Mitchell and Vernal Kunz are answering questions about their son’s disappearance.

Both Jessica and Vernal say the majority of the public believes they are guilty of doing something to their son. They've felt it was time to share their story with the public.

"It's hard to even leave my house to go to get gas, or you know to go to the grocery store or something," said Mitchell.

"You get up in the morning hopeful, you go to bed, just no more answers," said Kunz.

Jessica Mitchell and Vernal Kunz say July 10, 2015, is the last day they saw their son.

"It's so much easier just to blame parents," said Kunz.

Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman named the parents suspects in January. Bowerman says the two know more about what happened to DeOrr.

...more at link
http://www.localnews8.com/news/parents- ... e/38477096

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:55 am 
ADMIN

EXCLUSIVE: DeOrr Kunz's parents extended interview with Chelsea Brentzel

http://m.localnews8.com/news/exclusive- ... l/38478346

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:12 am 

Be nice to get something definitive for us lookieloos but more importantly for those much more affected with a personal relationship to those involved. Chatted with SAR diver pal, he hasn't been asked back up, instead they asked him to certify the map of areas he searched.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:30 am 

No new developments announced. However, this article says that they have officially closed part of that campground and that a prosecution and search phase is set to begin. But no charges or anything else listed. He actually mentions a few aspects see full article for all information.

Lemhi County Sheriff's Office confirms Timber Creek Campground closure

http://www.localnews8.com/news/pi-working-deorr-kunz-case-asks-public-to-stay-out-of-timber-creek-campground/39434784

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:11 am 

Thanks WKC that is a very concise article with very informative information. The noose is tightening. Glad to hear it.

"We want to publicly say Issac Reinwand has cooperated with our investigation team fully. He has given four interviews / statements with our firm. As well he has given interviews to Law Enforcement. As Mr. Reinwand was one of the four on the mountain that day - his story has so far been consistent and factual to investigators.

I personally urge the public to go back and read what we have said about this man as well as what law enforcement has said about this man.
We again believe that those out there that suggest anything other are one of three things : 1) attempting create attention to themselves, 2) attempting to create cover for the named suspects in this case, or 3) simply just sick people."

Welcome to my view of internet nutters, Sir, thank you for the confirmation :1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next