It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oregon militia standoff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:23 am 

Many versions of what happened (from witnesses in the car) were released immediately on twitter after this broke. The majority said Finicum was on the ground and had his hands up when he was killed. They failed to note, he almost ran over an FBI agent moments earlier. :eek

Oregon standoff: FBI releases video of shooting death
By Sara Sidner, Mariano Castillo | January 28, 2016

(CNN) The FBI on Thursday released video that shows the Tuesday night confrontation between officials and people who were part of an occupation at a wildlife refuge in Oregon.

LaVoy Finicum was killed during the incident while protest leader Ammon Bundy, and others, were arrested.

The video was shot from a helicopter.

More at link in-depth:
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/28/us/or ... d=20770279

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:45 pm 

Negotiations going on ... in Oregon.

LIVE call from Refuge -- FBI Seige Happening

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:55 pm 
ADMIN

LIVE: FBI Conducting Siege of Oregon Wildlife Refuge
By TIMP Staff - Feb 10, 2016

This is a live stream from inside the Malheur Wildlife Refuge in Burns, Oregon. According to those on the phone, 28,000 people are listening. The FBI is reportedly refusing to talk to Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore who is attempting to resolve this without bloodshed. Fiore claims she just landed at the Portland airport and is on her way to Burns Oregon to act as a negotiator for those inside the facility.

FBI has surrounded the facility and is reportedly less than 50 yards from the door. They were at one point speaking over loudspeakers.

Rev. Franklin Graham, who was supposed to arrive tomorrow to negotiate surrender has reportedly called in to the line. Rev. Graham says that he has been told that he will be allowed to walk those armed protesters out Thursday morning at 7:00 A.M.

Voices on the phone say that the FBI agents on the ground are saying that no one will be allowed on the refuge until after the surrender.

http://truthinmedia.com/live-fbi-conduc ... -facility/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:22 am 

You can't make this stuff up! Woman on phone ...

Michele Fiore, Nevada Assembly Woman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:52 am 
ADMIN

Oregon militia explainer: background to the standoff
Mark Tran
Wednesday 27 January 2016 12.14 GMT

Takeover of wildlife refuge began as protest over conviction of two ranchers on arson charges, but militia also have more deep-seated grievances

One protester has been shot dead and eight others were arrested on Tuesday after a confrontation between police and an armed group that has taken over a federal wildlife reserve in Oregon.

What were the circumstances of the shooting?
The FBI said shots were fired after officers stopped a car carrying Ammon Bundy, the leader of the protests, and five others near the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Activists said rancher Robert “LaVoy” Finicum was killed, and one person wounded. Finicum, 55, had been one of the main spokesmen for the occupation, appearing at daily news conferences, posting regular dispatches on his YouTube page and organising some of the most high-profile actions protesting against the federal government’s regulation of public lands. Bundy and four other senior members were taken into custody following the confrontation along Highway 395 near the reserve in north-east Oregon at 4.25pm local time, the FBI said. Two others were arrested later, including Peter Santilli, a journalist who livestreamed events at the refuge.

Is the standoff over?
No. FBI agents have set up a perimeter around the wildlife refuge, where an unknown number of people are still holding out. One of the remaining occupiers, Jason Patrick, told Reuters by phone that they would stay until the “redress of grievances”. He said: “I’ve heard ‘peaceful resolution’ for weeks now and now there’s a cowboy who is my friend who is dead – so prepare for the peaceful resolution.”

How long has the occupation been going on, and why are they there?
The takeover at Malheur started on 2 January after a peaceful protest in nearby Burns, Oregon, over the conviction of two local ranchers on arson charges. Dwight Hammond, 73, and his son Steven Hammond, 46, said they lit fires on federal land in 2001 and 2006 to reduce the growth of invasive plants and protect their property from wildfires. The two were convicted three years ago. But in October a federal judge ruled their terms were too short and ordered them back to prison for about four years each. Among the demands by the group is for the Hammonds to be released. But the militia have more deep-seated grievances over land under federal government control.

...more at link
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016 ... e-standoff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:32 am 
ADMIN

Oregon Refuge Occupier Says They Have Made Deal With FBI & Will Surrender In The Morning

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:30 pm 

Thursday negotiations .. David Fry seems to be a suicidal holdout.
Hoping they get an intervention team in to handle this. Very sad. :(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:45 pm 

An article about who David Fry is ..

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-or ... in-oregon/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:17 pm 

After 41 days, the Oregon Standoff is over.

Fry turned himself in.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:46 pm 

I have a load of information on this but I'm beat so I'll gather some stuff tomorrow.

I'll say this I respect what the Citizens for Constitutional Freedom stand for, I think our country is going to hell in a hand basket, that said I think they made a rash decision when they they decided to occupy the Malheur Wildlife Refuge.

David Fry seems to be quite unbalanced and in my opinion that moron Hall almost got him killed today.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:54 pm 

Just a quick note, there is a ton of misinformation out there, the feds have no business stealing land from states and citizens it is unconstitutional, the BLM
(Bureau of Land Management) has declared war on ranchers, Sheriff Ward had no business calling in the feds, the only reason so many citizens are supporting the BLM and the feds is that 1) the FBI posed as citizens and 2) the majority of Harney County citizens are employed by the federal government.

Here is something I posted at Stella's soon after LaVoy's death;

I am simply trying to have as much factual information about this singular incident as possible. And I mean Shawna no disrespect, eyewitnesses are notoriously bad witnesses. That is a simple fact of life.

I also know there is no way for a human being to pull their hands back into a car fast enough to get away from a bullet. I question not why she would add details like knowledge of where a bullet that was intended for Ryan actually hit, but those little facts themselves, as they are a distraction to the larger picture. They speak to her trying to fill in traumatic moments with information that she simply could not know. It does not discredit her testimony but it will be used by the the feds against her to discredit her eyewitness account.

I’m trying to pick out what makes sense and what is helpful to discovering what happened and what is filler. The details are important when trying to understand what happened and more important why it happened.

Just because I’m looking at the larger picture doesn’t mean I have lost the tragedy of LaVoy’s death. Below is what I posted over at Stella’s about my feelings about LaVoy’s death:

I’ve stepped away from the CfCF for many reasons.

First and foremost it is a story that troubles my soul and my conscience. It breaks my heart for these men, for their families and for our country.

I do not think that they were or are mad men.

I think they are men who themselves, their families and friends have been under assault by the federal government gone mad, they have lived consciously under the point of a federal gun for a very long time.

I believe they made a decision that was long in coming but was still a split second decision in the moment they actually decided to make an armed stand at the Malheur Wildlife Refuge.

How long is the federal government going to be allowed to abuse the constitution and the citizens of the United States?

I believe the CfCF asked themselves this question for what was likely the thousandth time. They made a decision this time to say, no more, not today, this is the hill I will die on or this is the hill where we wake America up. It was not a dispassionate well thought out decision. It cost LaVoy his life, which he said he was willing to give, and likely the rest of the people who were there many years of their freedom and all terrible consequences that come along with that loss of freedom.

The CfCF were on their way to meet with likeminded people.
There was no way the government was ever going to allow that to happen. The honest man never gives full credit to the deviousness of the evil man. This meeting was never going to happen, it could not be allowed. I wish that those involved with the CfCF understood this simple truth before they left the MWR.
What is the answer to our government’s war on the constitution and personal liberties? I don’t know. I am not advocating for the taking up of arms but I do understand the events that led the CfCF to that hill.

My heart is with the spirit of their cause if not with their actions. And in the end the CfCF saw that their actions would not lead where they wanted them to lead. America is in a coma not a gentle slumber.

LaVoy Finicum was man who loved, he took a stand for liberty because of that love.

God, country, family.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:38 pm 

Police say shooting of LaVoy Finicum, Oregon standoff activist, was ‘justified’
Law enforcement has called shooting of the activist and Oregon militia standoff spokesman ‘justified’, and released video footage taken inside his vehicle
By Sam Levin | The Guardian | March 8, 2016

Oregon police were justified when they shot and killed militia spokesperson LaVoy Finicum, according to law enforcement officials, who released a dramatic video of the final moments before the death of the high-profile rightwing activist who helped lead an anti-government standoff at a wildlife refuge.

The Deschutes county sheriff’s office and a local prosecutor in Oregon on Tuesday released a video from inside the vehicle Finicum was driving just before he was killed – footage that shows the 54-year-old Arizona rancher screaming at police, demanding that they let him go or shoot him.

“Go ahead and shoot me,” Finicum shouted on the video, which police say was recorded by militia member Shawna Cox, who was inside the car on 27 January before Finicum was killed. “You back down or you kill me now. Go ahead, put the bullet through me ... Do you want my blood on your hands?” Finicum said.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016 ... ting-video

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:39 pm 

Re above article:

Fbi Press Conference
Lavoy Finicum Killing Ruled JUSTIFIED

edit Rumpole
Replaced dead YT link

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:54 pm 

It seems the Feebies forgot to mention that they shot at LaVoy’s vehicle.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-stando ... ncove.html

Bullet hole on LaVoy Finicum’s truck traced to elite FBI team

The fourth round, police concluded, was fired by an FBI agent who subsequently twice denied to investigators ever firing his gun. As the investigation proceeded, detectives determined he also fired a second time, but didn’t hit anything at the scene.

Did they really think they could hide this, cover it up? To what end any shots fired were going to be deemed justifiable.

SMDH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:02 pm 
ADMIN

Bundy brothers, 5 other Malheur wildlife refuge occupiers not guilty of conspiracy, firearm charges
Published time: 27 Oct, 2016 23:21
Edited time: 27 Oct, 2016 23:45

Ammon Bundy (L), and his brother Ryan Bundy are shown in an office at the Malheur National
Wildlife Refuge near Burns, Oregon, U.S.

Seven people involved in the anti-federal government occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge have been found not guilty of conspiring to impede federal workers from doing their jobs, including Ammon and Ryan Bundy.

A jury found all seven remaining occupiers not-guilty of all charges except for one charge that has yet to be disclosed, KBOI reported.

Ryan and Ammon Bundy, leaders of the six-week-long standoff in Oregon, along with several other members were also found not guilty of possessing a firearm in a federal facility.

A live video from the Bundy Ranch’s Facebook showed some supporters claiming that Ammon Bundy’s attorney Marcus Mumford was tased in court by federal marshals. KATU reported that Mumford was in US Marshal custody after being allegedly tackled for yelling that Bundy was free to go following the announcement of the verdict.

The Bundy brothers have yet to be released due to a federal hold over their standoff in Bunkerville, Nevada. Mumford’s insistence that they were to be released in Oregon is what led to the fight between him and federal marshals, according to KATU.

...more at link
https://www.rt.com/usa/364484-refuge-oc ... ot-guilty/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:17 am 

I saw this today earlier and didn't think it was a story here at RT.
I first read about Bundy's co-counsel being tasered by Marshals and in custody. What?

I must be losing it, I don't remember some of this. :98

Thx. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:32 am 

Just

:77 :63 :91 :91 :91 :91 :77 :63

Bravo Constitution! Bravo jury!

Perhaps, finally the sleeping giant is woke!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:00 pm 
ADMIN

The Latest: 6th defendant takes plea in Bundy standoff case
The Associated Press
November 14, 2017 05:19 PM
UPDATED November 14, 2017 05:20 PM

LAS VEGAS The Latest on the trial in Nevada of rancher Cliven Bundy, two sons and a co-defendant an armed standoff against government agents (all times local):

5:15 p.m.
An Arizona man who has been jailed for 20 months awaiting trial on 11 charges in an armed standoff involving Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy has pleaded guilty in federal court in Las Vegas to a single felony conspiracy count.

A judge ordered Micah McGuire released following his plea on Tuesday just ahead of trial starting for Cliven Bundy, sons Ryan and Ammon Bundy, and Ryan Payne.

McGuire could face up to six years in prison and a $250,000 fine at sentencing Feb. 16.

His lawyer, Randall Roske, says he'll seek to remain free with credit for time already served in federal custody.

McGuire is 32 and lives in Chandler, Arizona. He acknowledged to Chief U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro that he provided personal armed security for Cliven Bundy at the time of the standoff.

He's the sixth of 19 men originally charged to plead guilty to a reduced charge in the case stemming from the April 2014 incident near the Bundy ranch outside Bunkerville, Nevada.

... more at link (updated)
http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/califo ... 51653.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:53 pm 
ADMIN

Cliven Bundy Trial Underway After Government Conduct Forced Delay
The defense started the day asking for a mistrial. The judge said it was time for the trial to start.
By Colin Miner, Patch Staff | Nov 14, 2017 2:03 pm ET

The start of the long-awaited trial of rancher Cliven Bundy, two of his sons, and an associate, is finally underway after a week-long delay. The men are charged with taking part in an armed conspiracy to stop federal agents from doing their job in a 2014 standoff in Bunkerville.

Judge Gloria Navarro had delayed the start one week to give prosecutors a chance to determine whether they have recordings from a surveillance camera that the FBI had set up across from Bundy's ranch in 2014.

"If it has potentially useful information then the defense is entitled to it," Navarro said. "I'm not convinced that it doesn't exist."

The start of the trial stemming from the 2014 standoff at Bunkerville was already delayed last month because of the October 1 shooting that killed 58 and left hundreds wounded.

,... more at link
https://patch.com/nevada/lasvegas/clive ... rced-delay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:07 pm 
ADMIN

Despite judge's order releasing him during his trial, Cliven Bundy opts to stay in jail
David Montero

A federal judge says Cliven Bundy, the Nevada rancher whose standoff with federal officials made him a darling of the anti-government movement, can now remain free on bond as his trial on felony weapons and conspiracy charges continues.

Bundy says no thanks.

After U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro granted the order to release him Wednesday, The 71-year-old rancher promptly refused it.

He’d rather stay in jail, said John Lamb, a Bundy supporter, until he and his fellow defendants are exonerated and free men.

It was the latest odd twist in the 3-week-old trial of Bundy, two of his sons — Ammon and Ryan Bundy — and Ryan Payne in federal court in Las Vegas. The request to allow the men to post bail came from Bundy attorneys. Last month Navarro agree to let Ryan Bundy, who is representing himself in court, out of jail on pretrial release.

Cliven Bundy’s stay in jail could last for months, however, as jurors have been told to expect the trial to extend into early next year. Lamb called the judge’s decision “exciting news.”

...more at link
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-bun ... story.html