All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TV Bits and pieces
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:37 am 
ADMIN

The Krays Fred Dinage

Post subject: Re: TV Bits and pieces
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:53 am 
ADMIN

I have watched two TV dramas in a "Trilogy" as far as I can tell the third is not scheduled, but have found it online

The "Triolgy WAS a one off drama in 2011, Starring Bill Nighy as (spy) Johnny Worricker
Seems they made two more parts 2014

2011 Page Eight
2014 Turks & Caicos
2014 Salting the Battlefield

Salting the Battlefield

http://www.thevideo.me/28hpl4nhxxjj

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:42 pm 
ADMIN

Molly recommends

Inside the American Mob - Season 1

1 Stayin' Alive In The '70s 44:03

2 Operation Donnie Brasco 43:58
3 New York-Philly War 43:43
4 Taking Down the Mob 43:24
5 Rise & Fall of Gotti 43:23
6 End Game 42:43

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:50 am 
ADMIN

Dinner for One

(Claimed to be THE most played TV clip?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_One

Quote:
Dinner for One, also known as The 90th Birthday, or by its corresponding German alternative title, Der 90. Geburtstag, is a two-hander comedy sketch written by British author Lauri Wylie for the theatre. German television station Norddeutscher Rundfunk (NDR) recorded a performance of the piece in 1963, in its original English language, with a short introduction in German. This comedy sketch went on to become the most frequently repeated TV programme ever.

The 18-minute single take black-and-white 1963 TV recording featuring British comedians Freddie Frinton and May Warden has become an integral component of the New Year's Eve schedule of several German television stations. Versions of the sketch are also shown by Danish and Swedish channels; it is a December 23 staple on Norwegian national television, and a cult television classic in Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, the Faroe Islands and Austria; on New Year's Eve 2003 alone, the sketch was broadcast 19 times (on various channels). As of 2005, the sketch had been repeated more than 230 times. It is famous in other countries as well — including German-speaking Switzerland and South Africa. It is likewise broadcast at New Year in Australia on SBS.

In 2003 the Danish TV producer Paul Anthony Sørensen produced and directed a documentary about the sketch. The documentary contains interviews with relatives of Freddie Frinton and May Warden. The documentary was nominated for the Rose d'Or 2004.

DINNER FOR ONE Original 1963 HQ

The Wikepedia quote mentions an 18 min version?

Dinner for One (Original) - color

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:27 pm 

Marie Rudisill, Truman Capote's aunt, was in her nineties when she appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. She started out making cakes on the show live, usually with Leno and a celebrity guest, and she was so funny she got her own skit. She reminds me so much of my mother. :)

The Fruitcake Lady Tells It Like It Is 2 - Christmas & Sex

The Fruitcake Lady Tells It Like It Is 3 - Kick His Ass Out!

The Fruitcake Lady Tells It Like It Is 4 - What's Wrong With You?!

The Fruitcake Lady Tells It Like It Is 5 - Maybe You Look Like A Damn Idiot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:08 pm 

Doesn't seem like it's been 13 years since the show was on. It's back. ;)

The X-Files tonight at 9:00PM CT on FOX.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/13/entertainment/x-files-david-duchovny-chris-carter-feat/index.html

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:05 pm 

If you are not watching Neil deGrasse Tyson you are wrong =p

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/startalk/

His 'COSMOS' series which was produced by the creator of 'Family Guy' is also priceless and a must see. Netflix has all episodes (only eight or nine I think) for streaming available now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:50 pm 

I had forgotten how much I loved the X-Files. I am really enjoying the new miniseries so far. I would love it if The Lone Gunmen would make an appearance. I loved those guys. (Too bad their own series didn't make it.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:52 pm 

I also love Neil deGrasse Tyson and lovef his version of Cosmos.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:56 pm 

I am debating on whether to rewatch all 9 seasons of the X-Files on Netflix. I am getting a little worn out binge watching tv shows! I may just take a break until my favorite shows return in February.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:57 pm 

Hi Mal! :28 This just came across my twitter TL.

What's coming and going on Netflix in February?
'Fuller House' enters, 'Doctor Who' leaves

http://www.guidelive.com/movies/2016/01 ... 1c62e96425

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:58 pm 

Netflix has a few seasons of the ORIGINAL show 'The Twilight Zone'.

If you can get past the black and white picture, the lack of special effects and simply use your imagination and go with the stories this is some VERY good writing. Very good watching. Even some life lessons to be had in a handful of episodes though most are pure entertainment for those of us who dream a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:04 pm 

Thx, I did not know this, WKC!
Sounds like something I need to introduce to my grandsons so they will use their brain :)

The Twilight Zone was a favorite growing up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:50 pm 

IF they like the new Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter movies ......

IF they have not been purchased the complete set of each (or either) as paperback novels.....

This is worth doing for all young minds. I raised my boy playing World of Warcraft. When he entered the first few years of formal schooling they wanted to advance him many grades. I could only think... you people told me what a horrible father I was for letting him play so many video games. He learned to count, read, type and do math while playing WOW and figuring out specs for armor, toon traits and more.

Today he is 12 and they want him in all sorts of competitions. I told them to leave him alone and when he is ready... he will approach them. Today he won his basketball game then came home to read more of Les Miserables which he is not able to fully comprehend but is determined to master.

Just saying... he is only kid his age that has EVER seen a black and white original Twilight Zone show.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:30 pm 

:28 Molly, :rose hope your efforts bloom like this rose. Organizer is a PhD lives locally & did some episodes of a hoarder show. she lol when I asked if she was gonna sort & classify the pics the way she sorted out stuff for various estate auctioneers....then she said sure. One of these days I'll get a rocking chair :Gslap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:21 am 

Thanks, LR! Oh that is funny about the doc on the hoarder show. I used to watch it (for encouragement, ha) but it became too disturbing. I can remember the leader was always a PhD.

Carm, you mentioned savage Jodi Arias. I did finish the book and I think it was worth every penny. Juan went into such detail from the beginning to end of trial, that I had no idea how he was going to cover two more. :roll But he was brief in those.

I never, EVER, thought I would want to see another JA video again. But there I was searching for this or that as Juan mentioned specifics about her in the interrogation and courtroom. Juan is an amazing prosecutor and had there been a different judge, ANY other judge ...

Has anyone been watching any of the OJ shows? I watched the first episode of the mini series and couldn't take the acting. I watched a few of the docu's that were shown before it started, and everything (non-fiction) I can find since. I quit a good paying job to watch the trial. And I made a trip to Vegas to attend hearings when he was arrested there. ;)

(Rumpole, don't let me start an OJ thread, I'll never get anything done.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:01 am 

I'm not watching OJ, it is too infuriating. OJ may have had an incredible defense but the Dream Team didn't win this case, the incompetent idiots Clark and Darden lost it. I read Darden's book and could not believe the incompetence and then I read some of Mark Fuhrman's take on the case and the evidence the prosecutor pissed away and I was stunned. No doubt in my mind that this case was lost due to prosecutorial incompetence even more so than the racist jurors.

A mix of racism and prosecutorial idiocy can never end well.

The OJ verdict is a pivotal point in our country's empowering terrible behavior by black people and then not holding them accountable simply because they were black. Flea Bailey and Cochran have more than just blood on their hands they have every act of barbarism committed under the BLM banner.

Nicole and Ron's lives mattered.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 pm 

I was going to ask if anyone was watching The People v. O.J. Simpson. :34 I think binged watched the first 7 episodes this week. I couldn't watch the trial, so I was wondering what someone thought (of the accuracy, the acting, etc.) did watch it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:23 am 

I lose IQ points each time I watch anything regarding the OJ case these days. I am sure the fault lies with myself not the content.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:21 pm 

Hi WKC! :28
LOL ... I really do think you are in the majority!

Hi Mal! :69

My husband is watching the mini-series and is enjoying it. As I stated above, I couldn't even get through the first episode because of the acting of Cuba Gooding, Jr. OJ is a big man with a deep voice. I just could not get into it. I had just finished watching "The OJ Tapes" and I think that had something to do with it. Many of the other actors are spot on, like Kato, Courtney Vance as Johnnie Cochran and David Schwimmer as Kardashian. John Travolta, meh .. lol.

I've seen bits and parts of the most recent episodes and there are a lot of "behind the scenes" shown that I don't remember or didn't know about. My husband asks if "such and such" is true and I'll watch a specific rerun to see what the heck he is talking about. If I had not seen the trial and watched all the documentaries, I would be watching. If it is ever on Netflix, I'll watch so I can ff over parts.

I don't know if OJ's civil trial will be part of this, I doubt it because of the title. Since OJ didn't testify in his murder trial, his deposition in the civil trial lasted 13 days. I've watched a lot of it and STILL cannot believe he got off on the murder charges. I'll never forget Kardashian's face when the verdict was read. When I saw his reaction, I knew he knew OJ did it.

I hope you are enjoying the show so far. :)