It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: INTERACTIVE FLIGHT RADAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:55 pm 
ADMIN

Interactive Flight Radar

http://www.flightradar24.com/

Have you ever wondered where that plane flying over head is going and what type of aircraft? Every day you see planes in the sky, sometimes very high, with or without con-trails. We often ask ourselves these questions: What type of plane, Airbus A320,330, Boeing 727, 747 or some other manufacturer. Where did it come from, where is it going, what altitude, what speed, what airline, etc.. Well, now you can see all this information instantly on your laptop screen. I just watched the plane whose vapor trail I could see over head, on my laptop, and was blown away by all the information and also the view. You are also going to be totally blown away when you see how many Aircraft are flying in your area. I can now see why an air traffic controller is one very, very busy person.

Here is a note to help you get more out of your visit to this site. These are all the aircraft in the air right now. In the left hand Column, there is a box called "planes". The number in the box is the number of aircraft airborne. This view is what the various airport air Traffic management people see for planning purposes.

Some additional tricks:
Drag the map to take you to the area you want to view.
To view your region or town, you can zoom in by tapping with your Mouse.
On the map you will see all the planes in the air.
When you click on a airplane, on the left screen you will get all the information related to; airline, plane type, air speed, altitude in real time that is re-calculated every 10 seconds. On some you can also Click on view from the cockpit.

IT WORKS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD
http://www.flightradar24.com/

Screenshot (not interactive)