It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 63  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:32 pm 
ADMIN

Judge Stephens rules that for next witness courtroom must be cleared of everyone except victims/ defendants family.

Media arguing exclusion during Arias testimony..

#JodiArias attorney Kirk Nurmi watches as Attorney Chris Moeser representing media outlet argues Stephens' ruling.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:09 pm 

Oh i wish this was televised LOL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/3 ... 77792.html

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:07 pm 
ADMIN

Yes, Wroughead, though I have seen family impact statements before and they are not so pleasant to watch.

I would REALLY like to see the cow herself testify... and do battle with Juan.

Seems she is playing games and trying to stop public AND even reporters being in court.. to at least relay (and tweet)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:39 pm 

Hi RT yes I agree with you - as the defendant, she is definitely calling the shots - you know I sometimes wonder who she thinks she is, all the way through that trial i recall thinking she has a very lofty and egotistical opinion of herself, perhaps she doesn't see what we see or, since we don't know her personally, what others' perceptions of her really are.

No doubt she will have been counselled, but at the end of the day, she can decide who she wants in court and who not. I just wonder what she's going to say 'on oath' this time that differs from before, making it a good enough reason why this is being held in camera!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:28 pm 
ADMIN

MaryEllen Resendez@maryellenabc15

Media motion 4'Stay' in #JodiArias retrial after being booted 4mystery witness-if denied can fast track appeal #abc15

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:10 pm 
ADMIN

Michael Kiefer@michaelbkiefer
On tap, a motion for stay of further closed sessions. Oh, another sidebar. #JodiArias just showed up in jailhouse stripes. Here goes.

William Pitts@william_pitts
Nurmi is objecting to any photography of #JodiArias in this hearing because it's "prejudicial" to see her in stripes @12News

Martinez says #JodiArias has already been on tape in stripes. Plus if the jury sees them, that would be against rules of looking at media

Nurmi starts by objecting to photography of #JodiArias in jail clothes. Martinez says if jury sees her, they are violating admonition.

Motion denied. #JodiArias

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:12 pm 
ADMIN

He's clarifying that we don't want a stay for the trial. We want a stay for the "secret" parts until we can get a ruling on legality @12News

Martinez: "This case is over six years old and the family wants to get thie case done." #JodiArias

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:13 pm 
ADMIN

Troy Hayden@troyhaydenfox10
Judge rules we can see video of #JodiArias in stripes. Will air tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:31 pm 
ADMIN

Judge denies stay. Witness will stay secret for now. Media will appeal. Appeals court gets case 5pm. We may hear by Mon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:10 pm 

This is beginning to have the ring of farce about it, i've got the feeling we've been down this sort of road before - none of the reasons given above are new to this case - so what's different this time I wonder..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:13 pm 
ADMIN

Fox 10 has learned through 3 independent sources that the "secret" witness in the #JodiArias case is Jodi Arias.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:52 pm 

Perhaps Jodi has had some small penetration of reality enter her small grey matter and she has a some inkling of how unsympathetic she comes across to people.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:47 am 

You know Carmelita, I disagree with you, I think she would never perceive herself as coming across to the general public in that way, I think she's full of herself and her own importance. But, you could be right and I wrong, I guess in the fullness of time, whatever is going on behind the scenes in this case, will eventually reach public ears - you know what the grapevine is like.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:36 pm 
ADMIN

As I have said before, it doesn't really matter to me whether or not she gets DP. When 1st Jury was "hung" on DP I think they should have just settled for LWOP. If DP does ever come about, there will be appeals. The fact that 1st jury could not decide will likely in itself be argued. More Jodi shit for years.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:42 pm 

You're right, it takes years through the never ending appeals process in the States, so even if it's the DP it could be 20 years before it happens.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:59 pm 

From Jodi's past behavior you are more likely right than me Wroughead, Jodi hasn't shown any awareness of the reality of what most people's perception of her seems to be.

The appeal process is a forever and costly road but I don't mind the extra effort to try and get it for Jodi. I think that is what the Alexander family wants so at least they will have the peace of having tried as hard as possible to punish Jodi for the premeditated malicious and brutal murder of their love one. I also would much rather see Jodi on death row in solitary confinement rather than a criminal celebrity allowed to bask in jailhouse glory.

After a little more thought it is likely that part of Juan's aggravating circumstances for seeking the death penalty may have been that Jodi loves her infamy and would find a sick pleasure in a life sentence (given the alternative :57 ) Jodi in her ever manipulative manner would have given her attorney's a counter point by being able to say "See poor Jodi, she does not want attention anymore, she even asked the court not to televise her testimony."

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:07 pm 

I have tried several times during her trial way back, to put myself in the situation within that relationship she had with Travis, and I always come up with the same scenario. Sometimes we humans meet someone male or female who we fall passionately in love with, and think 'this is the one for me' I think we've all been there. I think that she wanted to be with Travis Alexander all the time, but it was obvious from several discussions that he really didn't want to see her again, and never once thought of her as a potential Mrs. Alexander, therefore it seemed to me that she kept going back to him because she didn't want to believe it was over the first time he said it was. I think she was obsessed with him, once again that is also a human weakness, we can find someone, we think it's love both ways, in fact it's infatuation, then he (or she) drops the bombshell and the other party can't believe it.

Just a scenario, wouldn't you like to have been a fly on the wall at the Travis Alexander house that night though just to see what really happened and when - I know I would.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:30 pm 

I think Jodi is just bat ass crazy. I think she decided if she couldn't have Travis then he couldn't have a life. There was just too much that was premeditated and conniving about the days leading up to Travis's murder for me to believe anything other than Jodi got what Jodi set out to do from the moment she decided to kill Travis.

Was she obsessed, maybe, but I don't think that Jodi was obsessed with Travis as an individual, but that she was more obsessed with being "Mrs. Alexander" and all the props and respect that position would bring. Being Mrs. Alexander would have put jodi in a position that Jodi already thought she deserved, Travis imo was more of a means than an end. So in effect Travis destroyed Jodi's life when he made it clear that she was only good for sex and would never be little more than a glorified blowup doll in Travis's eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:00 pm 

Well the way you put it, is pretty close to what I was thinking but not really saying too well, so perhaps that's exactly what it was, not Travis but Mrs. Alexander makes a lot of sense, since she came from nothing, that would have given her an air of respectability of sorts.

One of the things I found interesting about the first trial was one of her boyfriends, the one she had right before Travis, he seemed like a nice guy to me, and not at all what i would have expected.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:03 pm 

I didn’t see much of the trial and watched most of what I did watch as an arm chair quarterback. So Jodi’s previous boyfriend was a nice guy, that just furthers my opinion of her that she was out to buy respectability and self worth through marriage to the “right person” as twisted as that sounds.

I think she used her body to enter a world where her personal achievements, social status, education/intellect and personality/character flaws would not generally allow her access. If I remember right, during one of the phone calls that Jodi taped, Travis said that he never, to put it delicately pleasured himself before he met Jodi. I think he was a pretty straight laced, missionary position type of guy, and Jodi wet his appetite in a way that was both tantalizing and abhorrent to him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 63  Next