It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:40 am 
ADMIN

University Of Wisconsin Grad Student Makes Vagina Yogurt, And Eats It With Blueberries.
I Am Not Making This Up.

Written by Mockarena
Thursday, 02/12/2015 - 07:11 am EST

According to this, Cecilia Westbrook, an MD/PhD student at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, and self described feminist (natch!) recently completed the most nauseating experiment ever, involving eating yogurt made out of her own vaginal bacteria.

If you're thinking, "I can't even" right now, then congratulations. You are a normal human being.

The whole thing started innocently enough, apparently, when Cecilia and her friend Janet were chatting last summer and they started "riffing on vagina puns." You know.

This discussion led to Cecilia noting that the most common bacteria found in a healthy vagina is lactobacillus, which is the same bacteria in yogurt. Now, most normal people who are interested in science would probably note that and just move on with their lives, and not be inspired to make vagina yogurt, but Cecilia Westbrook had other plans.

She decided that she wanted to see if she could make some yogurt by extracting some of her own vagina's bacteria with a WOODEN SPOON. And according to her interview with Jezebel (because of course), she's kind of amazed that anyone thinks that's remotely odd. In response to the reaction that many people have had to Cecilia's experiment being completely disgusting, Cecilia said (emphasis mine):

"I guess I'm sad that people are so grossed out by vagina because people think that semen cookbook is kind of silly, but the tenor of comments here have just been 'who would even do that' and 'why' and 'this is terrible' and 'that's just gross." And it's kind of hard not to feel like that's a little gendered.
Quote:
"It's your own body, and I think that one thing that was really interesting to me was that there are probiotics that people sell to women to balance their flora and all those cultures come from dairy or other sources, but you have bacteria specifically adapted to live in your vagina and no one knows anything about it. People just seem really grossed out by the fact that stuff lives in there. But it's natural and part of your health. It seems weird to be grossed out about it. It's weird we don't know much more about vaginal flora than we do considering how important it is."

...more at link
http://chicksontheright.com/blog/item/2 ... ng-this-up

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:46 am 
ADMIN

At University Chem Engineering Lab we made Yoghurt for a period (ops no pun intended).. never thought to use "cunt juice" as a starter :lol

Also made it at home.

It's interesting to do and provides cheap yoghurt in as large a quantity as yo like.

Use whole milk (or milk powder) and small amount of shop-bought plain yoghurt as a "starter'

It's is simple fun thing to do (If you can keep your vajayjay out of it)

Sacks of milk powder for various research projects free and unlimited supplies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:56 am 
ADMIN

This song always reminds me.. and now taken on a new twist

Zheng Lab - Bad Project (Lady Gaga parody)