It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:00 pm 

Study Says Haters Gonna Hate No Matter What
Ami Angelowicz August 29, 2013

Haters aren’t just gonna hate, they have to hate according to new research published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. The study looked at people’s “dispositional attitudes,” which are not simply a function of the thing someone’s evaluating, but rather an indication of the person evaluating them. Put in simpler terms, it’s the idea that the person who hates math may hate math, but tends to have a negative outlook on everything from algebra to your Instagram feed. You know that person. Or maybe you are that person. No judgement … I might be, too.

Justin Hepler, one of the authors of the study, explained that “some people may simply be more prone to focusing on positive features and others on negative features.” If you’ve ever read a comment chain on YouTube, then you already knew this to be true, but now it is confirmed. The studies found that people with more positive dispositional attitudes are more open than people with more negative dispositional attitudes. In the day-to-day, this means that people with positive dispositional attitudes may are more apt to embrace life in the form of buying new products, taking care of their health and following regular, positive actions like recycling, driving the speed limit or being kind to others. As far as the haters? They don’t have time for all that stupid shit.

...more at link
http://www.thefrisky.com/2013-08-29/stu ... tter-what/

Also science dialy link
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 123147.htm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:05 pm 
ADMIN

An obvious sorta thing I would have thought?

But Social psych research is often about getting data to show what we already know :)

It's all about spending research grant money/writing a thesis to get a phd :95

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:10 pm 
ADMIN

In concluding a scientific paper or Thesis it is normal to suggest avenues for ongoing research....

I would suggest Looking into IMPRINTING and delusion amongst weak-minded Traybot types.The fixed attitude and propensity to HATE described in this paper is part of that, but the aspect of those individual traits coalescing into "herd" or "mob" mentality is worthy of further study.
It is a phenomenon that has been part of clinical psychological study for some time, but I think it has taken on a new twist as it applies to people "on-line". You have individual psychological traits, but also what I would call the "reef fish effect" if I were writing a paper.

If there are any budding Social psychologists, clinical psychologistsic , psychiatry students or researchers looking for data and subjects for ongoing research.....
There is a "Gold Mine" of existing data AND names of subjects in the threads here at RT

DAILY DAFT POSTS FROM JUSTARSE QUEST #3
search.php?search_id=newposts