It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:38 am 
ADMIN

From CTH....

The Decision Has Been Made To Remove The Confederate Flag….
Posted on June 22, 2015 by sundance

The bigger question is:

Are we a Constitutional Republic, or a Democracy?

This won’t stop folks, it just won’t.

As soon as South Carolina caved under public pressure to remove the Confederate flag from government buildings etc., the next phase went into full effect.

The confederate flag is proclaimed as a symbol of racism and oppression. Those same activists view the U.S.A stars and stripes the same way.
ADVERTISEMENT

What is to become of monuments and memorials to Southern generals and history. Surely, all of that is just as offensive to the same crowd of activists. Mississippi State university? Ol Miss? “The Rebel” sports groups?

Ponce De Leon, Christopher Columbus, General Lee…. where do you stop? When will you reach a point that no-one is offended? The Alamo? Washington Park? Gettysburg? Penns Landing?

It won’t stop folks. These same people will tear it all down, and will eventually be telling the people in Massachusetts that Plymouth Rock is a symbol of white oppression and racism.

Some folks may laugh and dismiss the controversy, but predicting where this is headed is really a no brainer.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... rate-flag/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:40 am 
ADMIN

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Rebels

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:45 am 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:08 am 

they are going after my flag now...damn it...
they have been trying to get it down for every...our flag combines the confederate flag with the USA flag,

I just don't look at that flag and say hey. I don't like black ppl..it's not what it stands for..

but these days and time...it doesn't surprise me..so we will se...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:00 pm 

It was removed from the Georgia flag a few years ago. Additionally, streets in Atlanta that honored Confederate Generals have all been renamed to honor Civil Rights Leaders. I'm Southern, I am not RACISIT. The flag doesn't bother me. They are being hypocrits. What about the black liberation/pan-africian flag?

My ancestors were involved in the Civil War. My g-g-g-grandfather on my dad's side, was in the Confederate Army, recruited in 1864..he died in Richmond the same year, due to illness. My gggg-grandfather on my mom's side was selected to represent his county to vote on Georgia's succession from the Union--he voted against it (he was a Primitive Baptist Preacher) but was eventually convinced (coerced) to vote for it. So the Confederacy is part of my history.

Rewriting histoy...SMDH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:14 pm 

same here Shordee, born and raised in the south..I do not look at the flag and say hey it reminds me of something racist..I just don't..
it's part of our History...period...

and where does it stop..I'm in MS, my major college is Ole Miss, our mascot from day one was Col Reb..u know like the old man from KFC...southern gentlemen as we called him..well he is gone...we have roads on campus they want to take down now...

so where does it stop?? do ppl really think when they take these flags down,that it will stop Wacko-o's from shooting ppl up?? NO it will not, this boy was one messed up kid that had hate in his heart..that's it...

the NACCP, black panthers, black dating site..etc etc offend me....why do we have to throw the black and white in there...just be proud of who you are and stop trying to re-write history..

this county has gone to hell and this is just the start :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:46 pm 
ADMIN

The confederate flag certainly has to "Racist" overtones for me. Just an iconic symbol I associated with USA.. and the Southern bits.. good ole boys etc.. stuff I grew up seeing on TV and movies... leave the damned flag alone :stamp

PC appeasement is everywhere and is pernicious... and appeasement never works... they just want more and more.

(nice avatar pic, Shordee) :86

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:13 pm 

that's what I'm saying Rump..

what will be next?? the flag, street names, school names...
and as Shordee said, being replaced by civil rights crap...

walmart, amazon and a few other will stop selling the flag..SO, as of today..they are being sold out LOL ppl messing with the red necks now..

so you guys tell me what will stop making the blacks kill blacks? or killing cops? taking a flag down?? I think not...it's ALL STUPID!!! :wall

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:14 pm 

Rump, now I need a confederate smiley ...lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:29 pm 
ADMIN

Use the flag image in 1st post

I'll find a smaller one

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:34 pm 

oh I was just kidding you...lol

guy on tv just said if we keep taking things away that is about our past history, we will eventually forget our history..he has a point :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:06 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH...

It Continues – California Moonbats Demand Robert E Lee Elementary School Change Its Name….
Posted on June 24, 2015 by sundance

“Daisy Duke” shorts are now also considered racist. Some cheerleaders have worn “Daisy Duke” shorts, therefore cheerleaders are now also racist….

SAN DIEGO, Calif. – School across the country are reacting to a recent racially motivated church shooting in South Carolina by distancing themselves from the Old South.
ADVERTISEMENT

Police believe 21-year-old Dylann Roof attended a bible study at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Charleston June 17 before opening fire on a dozen people, killing a total of nine black men and women, and injuring one other, The Washington Post reports.

“Federal law enforcement officials said Roof, who is white, declared his hatred for black people before opening fire, and the U.S. Justice Department has said it is investigating the attack as a hate crime,” according to the Post.

Leading up to the attack, Roof posted pictures to social media of himself burning the American flag and holding a confederate flag – in one image also posing with a handgun, CNN reports.

In the wake of the deadliest racially motivated shooting in U.S. history, schools across the country are now attempting to do away with their connection to the confederacy, most recently in San Diego.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -its-name/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:07 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH....

And Another – Warner Brothers Stops Making “General Lee” Toy Cars Amid Racist Accusations….
Posted on June 24, 2015 by sundance

Pro Golfer, Bubba Watson bought one of the original 1969 Dodge Charger “General Lee’s” for $110,000, at auction. Bubba Watson plays on the PGA Tour, therefore the PGA and Golf are now racist….

(Via Vulture) The studio behind The Dukes of Hazzard has become the latest corporate giant to get out of the confederate flag business. Vulture has learned exclusively that Warner Bros.’ consumer licensing division — which for decades has licensed images of the Duke brothers’ iconic General Lee car for use on everything from T-shirts and model cars to lunch boxes and kids’ underwear — has opted to stop sanctioning the manufacturing of any products featuring the stars and bars.

...more at link

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... cusations/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:07 pm 
ADMIN

American Stars and Bars (Album)

Neil Young - Homegrown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:02 pm 
ADMIN

Five IMPORTANT Facts You Did Not Know About This Flag
Published on June 20th, 2015 | by Allen West Republic

1. This is not the National Flag of the Confederacy. It is a battle flag. Three national flags were tried before the final design was settled on.....

2. The Confederate Battle Flag was never a National Flag of the Confederacy. It was carried into battle by several armies such as the Army Of Northern Virginia and the Army of Tennessee. It was also used as a Naval Jack by the Confederate Navy.

3. The Battle Flag was not called the Stars and Bars. It was called the Southern Cross.

4. The original Battle Flag design was a square flag and not a rectangle.

5. No Confederate flag was ever flown on a slave ship. English, Dutch, Portuguese, and the New England States ships were used in the slave trade.

...more at link
http://allenwestrepublic.com/2015/06/20 ... this-flag/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:11 pm 

what did I say the other day?? where will it end??
they are going after everything and it's not going to stop..

so can we go after black lives matter, black panthers, NAACP, every other thing that deals with blacks??
cuz a lot of it offends me.......yea I know the answer NO..

it's like the guy on tv said..if you keep taking away our history, there will be no history to remember..so true!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:51 pm 

Photos: Confederate flag debate-day 2

TheState.com, Tracy Glantz | July 7, 2015, 10:30PM ET

Scenes inside and outside the South Carolina State House as the legislature continued to debate taking the Confederate battle flag off state house grounds.

30 photos at link:
http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article26711776.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:46 pm 

U.S. House approves ban of Confederate flags at federal cemeteries

CBS/AP | July 8, 2015, 3:37 PM

WASHINGTON -- The House has voted to ban the display of Confederate flags at historic federal cemeteries in the deep South.

The low-profile move came Tuesday evening after a brief debate on a measure funding the National Park Service, which maintains 14 national cemeteries, most of which contain graves of Civil War soldiers.

The proposal by Rep. Jared Huffman, D-Calif., added language to block the Park Service from allowing private groups to decorate the graves of southern soldiers with Confederate flags in states that commemorate Confederate Memorial Day. The cemeteries affected are the Andersonville and Vicksburg cemeteries in Georgia and Mississippi.

"The American Civil War was fought, in Abraham Lincoln's words, to 'save the last best hope of Earth,'" Huffman said in a debate in which he was the only speaker. "We can honor that history without celebrating the Confederate flag and all of the dreadful things that it symbolizes."

The flag ban was adopted by a voice vote. The Park Service funding bill is scheduled for a vote on Thursday.

...more at link
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-house-confederate-flag-ban-federal-cemeteries/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:58 pm 

Confederate flag - vanity plates

Like other states, Texas allows its drivers to buy customized vanity plates for a small fee. Most of these specialized designs feature college, charity or military imagery, and are easily approved. However, that was not the case when the Sons of Confederate Veterans proposed this license plate design in 2011.

The Texas Motor Vehicles Board rejected it, then the Sons of Confederate Veterans rejected that rejection. The case made its way all the way up to the Supreme Court, on the grounds of freedom of speech.

And last week in a 5-4 decision, the Justices ruled that Texas was within its rights to refuse to issue the personalized license plates showing the Confederate flag because license plates 'constitute government speech.' Now, on June 23, 2015, Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe is calling for the Confederate flag to be yanked off Virginia vanity plates as well.

Source link: http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/all-the-places-the-confederate-flag-still-flies/19/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:59 am 

South Carolina House votes to remove Confederate flag from statehouse grounds

The Washington Post
By Elahe Izadi and Abby Phillip | July 9, 2015 at 11:37 AM

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is set to sign a bill that will bring down the Confederate flag on the statehouse grounds, less than a day after lawmakers in the state House of Representatives voted to remove it.

Haley, a Republican, called for the flag’s removal last month in the wake of the shooting massacre inside a Charleston church. The bill cleared its final legislative hurdle early Thursday morning when the House voted 94 to 20 in favor of the proposal.

After more than 13 hours of debate — which became increasingly contentious as the night wore on — House Republicans and Democrats agreed not to amend the legislation with a proposal that threatened to make final passage more difficult.

Just before 1 a.m., the lawmakers voted 93 to 27 to move it forward in a critical second-reading vote. Minutes later, the bill easily cleared the two-thirds threshold needed for it to officially pass the chamber, a hurdle the state Senate cleared earlier this week.

...more at link
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/07/09/south-carolina-house-votes-to-remove-confederate-flag-from-statehouse-grounds/