It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:54 pm 
ADMIN

Woman who stopped for ducks, caused fatal crash, gets 90 days behind bars
Peter Rakobowchuk, The Canadian Press
Published Thursday, December 18, 2014 4:12AM EST
Last Updated Thursday, December 18, 2014 7:12PM EST

MONTREAL -- A widow whose husband and daughter died when their motorcycle crashed into a woman's car as she helped ducks on a highway is satisfied with the 90-day jail term the accused received Thursday.

Besides serving the time on weekends, Emma Czornobaj must do 240 hours of community service and is prohibited from driving for 10 years.

After Czornobaj stopped her car in June 2010 to rescue ducklings on the side of the highway, the motorcycle carrying Andre Roy and his teenager daughter Jessie slammed into her vehicle.

...more at link
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/woman-who- ... z3NERCPsvH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:56 pm 
ADMIN

Seems fair.
2 people were killed some should be some penalty, but no malice or intent.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:11 pm 

Nutty professor grows an EAR on his ARM and 'plans to connect it to the internet so the world can listen to him'

DailyMailUK
By Leesa Smith | 17:11 EST, 11 August 2015

As if growing an ear out of your arm isn't bizarre enough - now artist, Stelarc, plans to connect the internet to his new organ.

It took the Curtin University professor 10 years after coming up with the idea in 1996 to get a team of medical experts to agree to his unusual request.

But the strange project doesn't end there as the Perth-based artist plans to make the organ more three-dimensional by lifting it off his left arm and growing an ear lobe from his own stem cells.

Then a miniature microphone will be inserted into the ear that can wirelessly connect to the internet.

This has been attempted before, but then the microphone had to be removed due to an infection.

'This ear is not for me, I've got two good ears to hear with. This ear is a remote listening device for people in other places,' he told the ABC.

'They'll be able to follow a conversation or hear the sounds of a concert, wherever I am, wherever you are.'

More at link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3193713/You-ll-able-follow-conversation-hear-sounds-concert-Artist-EAR-growing-ARM-plans-connect-internet-inserting-miniature-microphone-WiFi-access.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:18 am 
ADMIN

HOA roaring over dinosaurs in Texas woman's yard
By: FOX4News.com Staff
Posted:Aug 27 2015 10:41AM PDT
Updated:Aug 27 2015 10:41AM PDT

Houston-area homeowner’s association is roaring. It's upset about the new Jurassic Yard in the neighborhood.

Homeowner Nancy Hentschel recently put up giant T-Rex and velociraptor sculptures in her front yard. They have been attracting people to her quiet, tree-lined street in Sugarland, Texas.

Children and curious onlookers seem to be delighted by the prehistoric additions, but the New Territory HOA is not. It wants the dinosaurs extinct.

Even though the sculptures violate Hentshel’s deed restrictions, she isn’t budging.

“I’ve met more neighbors, delightful people, in the past 24 hours than I have in the 17 years we’ve lived here,” she said. “This is my statement. You know, open up your mouth. Wake up, roar and be a little bit more about neighbors and community… real authentic community.”

The neighborhood Facebook page has mostly supportive comments. Some residents think the sculptures should have been placed in the back yard, though.

Hentschel promises some special effects for Halloween if the dinos are still standing then.

...more at link
http://www.foxla.com/news/12811187-story

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:38 pm 
ADMIN

VIDEO....

Jerry Bance, Conservative caught peeing in mug, no longer candidate, party says
'I deeply regret my actions': Appliance repair technician caught on CBC Marketplace hidden camera in 2012

CBC News Posted: Sep 06, 2015 9:28 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 07, 2015 12:56 PM ET

A service technician caught on hidden camera urinating into a coffee mug during a 2012 house call to repair a leaky sink before he became a Conservative election candidate is no longer running, the Tories said today.

Jerry Bance "is no longer a candidate," said Conservative spokesman Stephen Lecce in a brief email to CBC News on Monday.

Lecce later confirmed to CBC News that Bance was dropped for not being truthful during the candidate screening process.

...VIDEO at link
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jerry-b ... -1.3217797

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:50 pm 

Why the WP would do an investigation (and index it under their Science section) and why anyone would think this looks appetizing, beats me. :40

Why is the Halloween Whopper turning poop green?
A Washington Post investigation.

By Rachel Feltman | Washington Post | October 6, 2015, 9:52AM

Burger King Halloween Whoppers have a hilarious side effect. (Photo/Paul J. Richards)

Burger King's new Halloween-themed Whopper is causing a lot of kerfuffle on the Internet, and for good reason: Apparently, the special black bun turns your poop bright green.

We've reached out to good old BK for comment on what ingredients might be causing this, and we'll update you as soon as we hear back. But for now all we've got is speculation. Wild speculation!

More at link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/10/06/why-is-the-halloween-whopper-turning-poop-green-a-washington-post-investigation/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:06 pm 
ADMIN

They look BLACK to me?

Black Burgers being marketed in NZ at the moment.. its an "Allblack" support rugby team thing :cool

I just read that "Wendy's" is denying that the black burgers are anything to do with the Allblacks and Rugby... yeah right :roll

Me thinks they dont want to cough up a share of profits while using Allblack "brand" to sell burgers :cool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:48 pm 

LOL!
Who knew?
I think NZ having a choice of three different buns, one being "all-black bun" is NOT subtle. :)

The limited-time burger's build is beef, American cheese, ripe tomatoes, lettuce, mayo, pickles, white onion and A.1. Thick and Hearty Sauce. The price comes in just under the traditional fast-food burger ceiling at $4.99.

The black-bun craze has been spreading: In New Zealand, where black is the national color and the national rugby team is the All Blacks, Wendy's is selling a Kiwi Classic burger that can ordered on an all-black bun, half black or all-white brioche bun.

9/28/2015
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/burgerbusiness/burger-king-confirms-blac_b_8197088.html

eta:
Ah, I just noticed in the ad, the bun is called "full black" not all-black.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:23 am 

Cop pulls over Google self-driving car, finds no driver to ticket
By Don Melvin | CNN | 6:00 AM ET, Fri November 13, 2015

No driver? No ticket.

That, at least, was the result when a police officer pulled over one of Google's self-driving cars Thursday in Mountain View, California.

The car wasn't speeding. On the contrary, it was driving too slowly -- 24 miles per hour in a 35 mph zone, according to the Mountain View Police Department -- with traffic apparently backing up behind it.

"As the officer approached the slow moving car he realized it was a Google Autonomous Vehicle," a police department post said.

Which is to say that no one was driving the darn thing.

There was, however, a passenger. So the officer asked the passenger how the car was choosing speeds along certain roadways.

More at link: http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/us/google-self-driving-car-pulled-over/index.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:05 am 

They came........ :38 they went......... :94
Out with a bang!

Couple dies during hot tub sex session

http://www.local10.com/news/couple-dies ... n/36407670

Sorry.......morbidly funny :69

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:36 am 
ADMIN

Hi palm... might be a case of "Schadenfreude" :cool

Related to the absolute JOY I get every time I see Reb-Z get pepper spray in the face.. or Blossom Masri get phone jacked, or arrested. :)

However... that pleasure needs a certain amount of "just deserts" involved... this poor couple don't fit that bill.

I went looking for a photo and found an article.. I feel sorry for them and the family. :(

Parents Found Dead in Hot Tub at Daughter’s Wedding
November 13, 2015

Charles McKenzie, 67, and his wife, Dorothy, 63

...more at link
http://or-politics.com/uncategorized/pa ... ng/147395/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:52 am 

Thanks Rumpole :TF , today I was trying to recall Bassem Marsi’s name and all I could think of was “Blossom.”

I thought to myself I have Rumpole to thank for this :Gslap :Gslap :Gslap

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:29 pm 

Florida woman fighting to keep motorcycle-riding pet alligator
By AP, FoxNews.com | March 16, 2016

A Florida woman was fighting Wednesday to keep her 6-foot-long clothes-wearing, motorcycle-riding pet alligator in her home.

The 125-pound reptile named Rambo even has a bedroom in Mary Thorn's home in Lakeland.

Thorn has had a license for the alligator for 11 years, but the gator recently grew to 6 feet. Wildlife officials say an alligator that size must have 2.5 acres of land. Thorn told the Orlando Sentinel that even if she had land available, Rambo can't be left outdoors because of sensitivity to sunlight.

“Everyone will tell you that I treat that animal like a baby,” she said. “He doesn’t do anything a normal gator does.”

More at link (pics): http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/16/fl ... gator.html

Post subject: Move
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:10 pm 

Things that make you go hmmmmm?

Apparently grounds keeper of flea market in Harris County wanted to close and "asked" people to leave ... With a MACHETE? Really? May just be a crazy, wonder if we will hear rest of story?

I have lots of friends in Houston, so I get ALERTS on iPad for KHOU.

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/alleged- ... /316831150

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:40 pm 

Just thinking, "I wonder how old Octomom's kids are now?". Remember the single mom with six children and she decided to have a litter of eight more? :40

See the adorable vegan party the Octomom threw for her octuplets' eighth birthday

• Octomom Natalie Suleman threw her youngest eight a birthday bash
• Jonah, Nariyah, Josiah, Maliyah, Isaiah, Noah, Jeremiah and Makai had cheeseless pizza and a vegan cake to celebrate their eighth birthday
• Suleman is trying to leave the Octomom persona in the past

By Kaileen Gaul | Daily Mail | February 6, 2017

It has been eight years since the Octomom shocked the world by giving birth to octuplets she conceived through in vitro fertilization.

The Octomom, who prefers to go by her name Natalie Suleman, threw her youngest eight a vegan birthday party. They turned eight years old on January 26.

Inside Edition captured the children playing at the bounce house bash in a special that airs Monday afternoon.

More at link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... party.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:25 am 

April 17, 2017

Story: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-int ... 44203.html

Staff Sgt. Jose Luis Sanchez, a retired Marine from San Antonio, ran the Boston Marathon while carrying the US flag

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7