It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:39 am 
ADMIN

Muhammad Ali Theme Song Black Superman LYRICS!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:55 am 
ADMIN

He was INTERNATIONAL news... I rember listening to live Casius Clay fights on radio as a child... and I certainly knew NOTHING about boxing... I also remember at work (maybe when I was part time and still a student?) the factory stopped work to watch Mohamed ali fight.. I think "Rumble in the jungle"

Other than that... I am not interested in boxing.

It's funny hearing that "Mohamed Ali" is a name recognized around the world... it sure is.... one of our security guards in Singapore was also named Mohamed Ali... They all call themselves Mohamed... there are probably millions of them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:07 am 

He had such an impact on sports and politics before he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.

I followed his success only because my dad watched boxing. The "Thrilla in Manila" was the first fight I was interested in and a time I learned that my dad bet on sports. It wasn't on TV but we listened to it on the radio.

I was also elated when he was the one who lit the flame at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta. I remember it was a big secret who it would be, and he surprised the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:00 pm 

Ricci Martin, Musician and Son of Dean Martin, Dies at 62
By Variety Staff | August 6, 2016

Ricci Martin, a musician and youngest son of the legendary entertainer Dean Martin, has died. He was 62.

Martin was found dead Wednesday at his home in Utah, according to family members. An exact cause of death has yet to be determined.

In the 1970’s, Martin collaborated with Carl Wilson of the Beach Boys to produce the album “Beached.” Wilson would later become his brother-in-law.

In the 90’s, he joined the rock band Dino, taking the place of his late brother Dean Paul Martin. Ricci Martin performed with the band at the MGM Grand hotel in Las Vegas and other clubs with Desi Arnaz Jr. and Billy Hinsche. Dean Paul Martin was tragically killed in a military jet crash in 1987.

Martin wrote a book called “That’s Amore,” in 2002 about growing up in Beverly Hills, California as part of his father, Dean Martin’s, family. In the memoir he recalls his 21st birthday party with a guest list that included John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Elizabeth Taylor, David Bowie and Elton John.

In recent years, Martin had been performing a touring tribute show to his father.

More at link: http://variety.com/2016/music/people-ne ... 201832100/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:01 pm 
ADMIN

Gene Wilder, ‘Willy Wonka’ Star and Comedic Icon, Dies at 83
Richard Natale

Gene Wilder, who regularly stole the show in such comedic gems as “The Producers,” “Blazing Saddles,” “Young Frankenstein,” “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” and “Stir Crazy,” died Monday at his home in Stamford, Conn. His nephew Jordan Walker-Pearlman said he died of complications from Alzheimer’s disease. He was 83.

...more at link
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/gene- ... 201846745/

Post subject: Move
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:46 pm 

Phyllis Schalfly of Eagle Forum has passed away. If you guys remember her kids tried to take Eagle Forum from her. She endorsed Trump and was putting her organization behind him. The kids wanted Cruz and so a legal fight with her own kids ensued. She won. She was 92 years old.

I will find a link and come back and drop it.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-president ... y-dies-92/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:24 pm 

I've been reading about Phyllis Schalfly and what a legacy she is.
I did not know about the lawsuit, Showpoodles.

The first time I heard about her was when she opened for Trump in St. Louis, when the protesting was so bad. Then he canceled Chicago the next day. She really impressed me. Sounds like she had a good, long life.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:00 pm 

Molly, it is sad that her daughter did that to Mrs. Schalfly in the last year of her life! Being a Cruzbot, for some anyway, seems to be a mental condition. Who in the world would do such a thing to their own mother? With an organization that the mother founded! SMH

I am sure that Mrs. Schalfly forgave her daughter, being the gracious, upstanding woman she was! I'm not sure I could.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:19 pm 

Mr. Trump is going to attend Mrs. Schalfly's funeral tomorrow in St. Louis. :rose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:42 am 
ADMIN

Woman in beloved WWII sailor's kiss photo dies at 92
Photograph is one of the most famous ever
Associated Press Sep 10, 2016

NEW YORK (AP) — The woman kissed by an ecstatic sailor in Times Square celebrating the end of World War II has died.

Greta Zimmer Friedman's son says his mother died Thursday at a Richmond, Virginia, hospital of what he called complications from old age. She was 92.

Friedman was a 21-year-old dental assistant in a nurse's uniform on Aug. 14, 1945. She went to Times Square amid reports that the war had ended. That's when she was kissed by George Mendonsa celebrating Japan's surrender.

Life magazine photographer Alfred Eisenstaedt captured the moment. It became one of the most famous photographs of the 20th century.

Joshua Friedman says his mother recalled it all happening in an instant.

She will be buried in Arlington National Cemetery, next to her late husband, Dr. Misha Friedman.

...more at link
http://www.wxyz.com/news/national/woman ... dies-at-92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:20 pm 
ADMIN

Angelina dumped Brad after private eye uncovered Marion Cotillard affair
By Linda Massarella, Kate Sheehy and Emily Smith
September 20, 2016 | 11:13am

Brad Pitt, Marion Cotillard and Angelina Jolie

Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce from Brad Pitt after learning he was cheating on her with his sexy co-star, a well-placed source told The Post on Tuesday.

“She hired a private eye because she felt that he was fooling around with her on the set, and it turns out, he was. And that was the final straw,’’ the source said.

Pitt, 52, had been rumored to have been cozying up to his “Allied’’ co-star Marion Cotillard, 40, for months during the pair’s filming of the World War II drama in London.

The PI discovered that Pitt was cheating on his wife of two years with Cotillard — while also partying like a single guy on a mission, the source said.

“The atmosphere [off-set] was full of hard drugs and Russian hookers, and Angie was told Brad got caught up in it,’’ the source said.

“He’s in the throes of some insane midlife crisis, and Angie is fed up.”

But a source close to Cotillard denied the Pitt affair rumors and insisted she is still with her long-term partner, French actor and director Guillaume Canet.

...more at link
http://pagesix.com/2016/09/20/angelina- ... rd-affair/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:27 pm 
ADMIN

Golf’s most beloved figure, Arnold Palmer, dies at 87
By Adam Schupak

Arnold Palmer, a seven-time major winner who brought golf to the masses and became the most beloved figure in the game, died Sunday from complications with heart problems, a source close to the family confirmed to Golfweek. He was 87.

Reaction poured in from “Arnie’s Army” of admirers in the world of golf.

“We loved him with a mythic American joy,” said Palmer biographer James Dodson. “He represented everything that is great about golf. The friendship, the fellowship, the laughter, the impossibility of golf, the sudden rapture moment that brings you back, a moment that you never forget, that’s Arnold Palmer in spades. He’s the defining figure in golf.”

...more at link
http://www.golfweek.com/2016/09/25/arno ... way-at-87/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:23 am 

Speaking of imprinted behavior. Like father like daughter.

AL Sharptons’s daughter sues city over ankle injury she hiked with

http://nypost.com/2016/09/26/al-sharpto ... iked-with/

:smoke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:51 pm 

Nancy Grace is leaving HLN this week.
Her 5th book is being released tomorrow.
She has a Hallmark made-for-TV movie airing October 23.

I really liked her on Court TV and then HLN through the Casey Anthony verdict. But I do believe "she lost it" that day along with many others. I also followed her infamous pregnancy. :)

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -show.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:20 am 
ADMIN

:roll

Nancy Grace is a MESS.. I hate her. :doh

I had a DAILY task during build up to Casey Anthony trial... to CORRECT all the daft mis-information that "Bombshell" Nancy broadcast.

She and her staff showed themselves to be incapable of simply reading case documents... my 3-legged cat is a better crime analyst than Nancy Grace

Besides... she has a screechy voice and over the top style... and.... she farts and flops her tits out on live TV!! :neener

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:21 am 

Bob Dylan Awarded Nobel Prize in Literature
By Ben Sisario, Alexandra Alter, Sewell Chan | The New York Times | October 13, 2016

An undated photo of Bob Dylan performing on television.
CreditVal Wilmer/Redferns, via Getty Images

Half a century ago, Bob Dylan shocked the music world by plugging in an electric guitar and alienating folk purists. For decades he continued to confound expectations, selling millions of records with dense, enigmatic songwriting.

Now, Mr. Dylan, the poet laureate of the rock era, has been rewarded with the Nobel Prize in Literature, an honor that elevates him into the company of T. S. Eliot, Gabriel García Márquez, Toni Morrison and Samuel Beckett.

Mr. Dylan, 75, is the first musician to win the award, and his selection on Thursday is perhaps the most radical choice in a history stretching back to 1901. In choosing a popular musician for the literary world’s highest honor, the Swedish Academy, which awards the prize, dramatically redefined the boundaries of literature, setting off a debate about whether song lyrics have the same artistic value as poetry or novels.

Some prominent writers celebrated Mr. Dylan’s literary achievements, including Stephen King, Joyce Carol Oates and Salman Rushdie, who called Mr. Dylan “the brilliant inheritor of the bardic tradition,” adding, “Great choice.”
Continue reading the main story

But others called the academy’s decision misguided and questioned whether songwriting, however brilliant, rises to the level of literature.

“Bob Dylan winning a Nobel in Literature is like Mrs Fields being awarded 3 Michelin stars,” the novelist Rabih Alameddine wrote on Twitter. “This is almost as silly as Winston Churchill.”

Jodi Picoult, a best-selling novelist, snarkily asked, “I’m happy for Bob Dylan, #ButDoesThisMeanICanWinAGrammy?”

Many musicians praised the choice with a kind of awe. On Twitter, Rosanne Cash, the songwriter and daughter of Johnny Cash, wrote simply: “Holy mother of god. Bob Dylan wins the Nobel Prize.”

More at link: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/14/arts/ ... ature.html

Also after receiving the Nobel Prize, Bob Dylan performed in Las Vegas Thursday night.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/ ... akes-stage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:24 pm 

Molly wrote:

Jodi Picoult, a best-selling novelist, snarkily asked, “I’m happy for Bob Dylan, #ButDoesThisMeanICanWinAGrammy?”

Anything that pisses off that talentless self important fool Jodi Picoult is a win for me and will keep me smiling all day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:27 pm 

So this is out now (officially):

Shep Smith Comes Out as Gay

Quote:
Fox News anchor Shepard Smith publicly addressed his sexuality for the first time in an interview published Monday by The Huffington Post. Media reporters have long speculated on Smith’s sexuality, and several years ago Gawker reported that Fox News executives allegedly prevented Smith from coming out as homosexual—a charge that was denied.

LINK:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/10/17/shep-smith-comes-out-as-gay.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

LINK:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/shep-smith-fox-news-interview_us_5800f0d1e4b06e0475944919?pbxsxbj9bhuej0pb9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:34 am 

Grabbed this about a week ago, can't remember where I saw it, probably Daily Mail.
I think he looks happy and this is why I saved it.
Life is short. Time is fast. No rewind. No replay.

Mickey Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:53 pm 
ADMIN

Robert Vaughn, Man from UNCLE actor, dies aged 83
57 minutes ago

Actor Robert Vaughn, best known as the secret agent Napoleon Solo in The Man from UNCLE, has died aged 83.

Vaughn was also famous for his role as Lee in the Magnificent Seven, and television roles in Hustle and Coronation Street.

The iconic actor died after a battle with acute leukaemia, his manager, Matthew Sullivan, told the BBC.

Vaughn died in New York on Friday morning surrounded by his family, he said.

.... more at link
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37957088

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next