It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:03 am 
ADMIN

Snippets of gossip/news.... not a story worth a separate thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:54 am 

CNN) -- Tommy Chong, one-half of the marijuana-loving "Cheech and Chong" comedy duo, is battling prostate cancer, he announced Saturday on CNN.

Having first noticed symptoms about eight years ago while incarcerated for selling drug paraphernalia, Chong said he was diagnosed "about a month ago." He revealed his condition in an interview about his support for decriminalizing marijuana use and sales.

"I've got prostate cancer, and I'm treating it with hemp oil, with cannabis," he told CNN's Don Lemon. "So (legalizing marijuana) means a lot more to me than just being able to smoke a joint without being arrested."

Chong described the cancer "as a slow stage one (that I've) had for a long time." He said that he was drug free for about three years, during which time he began having prostate-related problems.

"So I know it had nothing to do with cannabis," he said. "Cannabis is a cure."

more at link..

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/09/showbiz/c ... ?hpt=hp_t2

Sad, hope he recovers and gets to smoke his pot!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:30 pm 
ADMIN

Madonna flashes nipple during gig in Istanbul

The singer pulled down her bra during 'Human Nature'

Madonna knows how to get publicity, and she’s using all the tricks in her book. On stage in Istanbul this week, she purposely bared a nipple. The result is a viral video. After the nipple is presented, she turns her back to the crowd. And on her back is a tattoo (stenciled, hopefully) that reads: “No Fear.” You gotta give her credit. First it was the Lady Gaga cover and “She’s not me.” Now this. There’s going to have to be a p.r. stunt once a week through the summer as Madonna tours the world and approaches America. It’s kind of enthralling. With the “MDNA” album gone, Madge has to keep stoking the fires. I love the look on her face, too, when she completes her own “wardrobe malfunction.”

Story link
http://www.showbiz411.com/?p=21146&preview=true

Warning: this is not for the kiddies:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:43 am 

Bruce Springsteen’s wife photographed crying as couple leaves Italian boutique on anniversary trip

Patti Scialfa in tears despite rocker's attempts to console her

By Ethan Sacks / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 3:14 PM

Has Bruce Springsteen's marriage seen "Better Days"?

Or is it just that prices in economically challenged Italy are high enough to make a Jersey Girl weep?

The Boss's wife, Patti Scialfa, was photographed crying as the couple left a boutique in Como, Italy, Saturday, during a short shopping trip to celebrate their 21st anniversary in between European concert tour dates.

The photos show the 58-year-old E Street Band member looking upset as she left the store at the Villa d'Este hotel with Springsteen at her side.

Onlookers told London's Daily Mail that the 62-year-old rocker looked "lost" at how to handle his wife's outburst.

more at link..

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/bruce ... -1.1093108

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:59 am 

Romancing the Stone: Celebrating his 65th birthday in Venice, Ronnie Wood and his latest lover, 34

By Liz Thomas
PUBLISHED: 17:53 EST, 10 June 2012 | UPDATED: 17:54 EST, 10 June 2012

Since splitting from his wife Jo, Ronnie Wood has had no shortage of much younger women on his arm.

But as he celebrated his 65th birthday in Venice, he had eyes for only one.

The Rolling Stone was accompanied by 34-year-old theatre producer Sally Humphreys on a trip to the Italian city.

They kissed and cuddled as they took a tour of the waterways on a gold-encrusted boat, which onlookers claim was rowed by Igor Vignotto, gondolier to the Pope.

more at link..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... er-34.html

They look like they're having fun! :91 Congrats to an old stone!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:35 am 

Shirley MacLaine Honored With 40th AFI Life Achievement Award

By PETE HAMMOND | Friday June 8, 2012 @ 4:01am PDT

"Welcome to the longest night of Warren Beatty’s life,” said Sony honcho and AFI Board of Trustees Chair Howard Stringer opened the evening for the 40th Annual AFI Life Achievement Award to Shirley MacLaine last night at Sony Studios. Actually MacLaine’s baby brother Beatty seemed to be having a great time all the way through and even to the exclusive after-party which didn’t even get going until 11 PM. And so did everyone else at this “long overdue” tribute as presenter and 2004 recipient Meryl Streep put it, which drew a starry turnout including such MacLaine co-stars as Streep, Jack Nicholson, Julia Roberts, Sally Field, Jennifer Aniston and many others.

It took a long time for the AFI to get around to MacLaine but it was definitely worth the wait as she told me at the after-party. There’s something rightly aligned with the planets about it happening now in 2012 she says. We’ll go with that even though this is a star who has worked with some of the earliest recipients of this award including William Wyler, Alfred Hitchcock, Gene Kelly, Billy Wilder, Jack Lemmon and others.

MacLaine asked me, “Do you think it was too reverential?” Of course it was. That was exactly the point and how it could it not be when you are talking about a true survivor of the show business wars who has been at it for nearly 60 years. She told me her career is as hot right now as when it started and she has five projects lined up in a row all of a sudden. Monday she leaves to shoot The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty as Ben Stiller’s mother. MacLaine, now 78, confessed to me that during her acceptance speech she couldn’t read the teleprompter and had to wing it. No problem. You could have heard a pin drop in the cavernous Sony sound stage where The Wizard Of Oz was filmed as the honoree recounted her upbringing with Beatty and the influence her mother and father had on her life and career. It was heartfelt and fascinating, something to which everyone there seemed to relate.

more at link..

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/shirley ... ent-award/

Wow, can't wait to watch it on TVLand on June 24th! :91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:34 am 
ADMIN

Trump may have trouble collecting on $5 million orangutan bet
By Joseph Ax
NEW YORK | Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:06pm EST

NOT LAUGHING: Trump says father isn't an orangutan

(Reuters) - A comedian, a millionaire and an orangutan. It may sound like the beginning of a screwball joke, but Donald Trump isn't laughing.

The famously outspoken real estate magnate has sued famously outspoken television host Bill Maher, demanding the $5 million Maher offered to give to charity if Trump could prove his father is not an orangutan.

But legal experts say Trump is unlikely to get a dime from Maher, the host of the HBO series Real Time With Bill Maher, because his offer was clearly made in jest.

"It's parody," said Bryan Sullivan, a Los Angeles entertainment lawyer. "You know Bill Maher is a comedian and a satirist. The offer is so ridiculous."

Trump, however, has taken the comic at his word.

"Attached hereto is a copy of Mr. Trump's birth certificate, demonstrating that he is the son of Fred Trump, not an orangutan," Trump's lawyer, Scott Balber, wrote to Maher last month.

"That was venom," Trump said. "That wasn't a joke."

...more at link
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/ ... 4X20130211

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:47 pm 

In a movie to be released in October of this year, The Butler casts Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan of all people. There is a push to boycott the film. Read here:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... =obnetwork

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:05 pm 

OH look at what some females do. These are "stars".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... icons.html

I think Jodi A. is SO into herself and her LOOKS (or lack thereof), that she WOULD do all of the above,
when older and if she deemed needed. Really!!

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:20 pm 

Oprah looks through black colored glasses...

Oprah: Trayvon Martin The 'Same Thing' As Emmett Till (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/0 ... ertainment

I really expected more from her, but I should've known better. Hard to shed the uniform...it's all in the color of the skin...only a few are looking beyond it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:59 pm 

Pffft!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:46 pm 

flgirl543 wrote:
Oprah looks through black colored glasses...

Oprah: Trayvon Martin The 'Same Thing' As Emmett Till (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/0 ... ertainment

I really expected more from her, but I should've known better. Hard to shed the uniform...it's all in the color of the skin...only a few are looking beyond it.

Oprah's another one who's a mile wide (figuratively speaking) and an inch deep. She's a simpleton, in other words. It's real scary that such a simpleton holds such sway in our society, isn't it? Between her and the Kardashians ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:57 am 

I've always been torn about whether I like Oprah or not but her latest statement clinches it for me and I don't like her. So anything I'd say would be so subjective and a good thing for me to keep my mouth shut.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:16 am 

Never hurts to tell her what you think. It's a shame so many people look up to her and take her word as gospel.

http://www.oprah.com/own/what_do_you_th ... st_login=1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:40 pm 

Many of the comments on her web site reflect disgust at her view about it. Some from long time fans who said they are withdrawing financial donations for causes they once supported.

I don't think Black Americans understands how much anger is now directed at them for their refusal to disown Trayvon Martin and those bigoted narratives they continue to propagate.

In my lifetime I have not seen so much negative resentment expressed publicly, on blogs and media, by people who at one time felt sympathy for black causes. This negative response is even evident in comments on liberal blogs like HuffPo and TalkLeft, with people speaking out forthrightly in ways that would have previously been considered socially unacceptable. Whites and other non-blacks are now 'tellin' it like it is, baby' and over time this new perspective hopefully will undermine some of the double-standard privileges those race-card strategies enabled in the past.

-Dashiell Hammett

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:24 am 

President Clinton and Oprah Winfrey among Medal of Freedom recipients

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08 ... z2bTCbOLXz

President Obama will award the Medal of Freedom to 16 recipients including former President Bill Clinton and journalist Oprah Winfrey, the White House announced Thursday.

Post subject: Re: move
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:51 am 

packy wrote:
I've always been torn about whether I like Oprah or not but her latest statement clinches it for me and I don't like her. So anything I'd say would be so subjective and a good thing for me to keep my mouth shut.

I feel the same, packy, but this is a good place to vent. I never had a strong opinion one way or the other, but had a general positive-ish feeling about her until 2008. Then I felt slightly negative but not stongly so. Now what I thought in 2008 is confirmed, at least enough for me to be certain that she's a racist. I don't like racists. I think it's wrong to judge anyone primarily based on their skin color. I also didn't realize how uninformed, unintelligent she is, which is also confirmed now, at least when it comes to her racism influencing her opinions.

Post subject: Re: move
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:53 am 

flgirl543 wrote:
Never hurts to tell her what you think. It's a shame so many people look up to her and take her word as gospel.

http://www.oprah.com/own/what_do_you_th ... st_login=1

Her racism in 2008 cost her. Let's hope her racist display this year will cost her even more. Message about her blatant racism sent. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:12 am 

Well said and I agree on all points, jayjerome. I'm seeing a lot of pushback, even on Oprah's own site. (Thanks for the link, flgirl543!) Like you, I hope this will be the catalyst for real, positive change and expiration of the race card. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:13 am 

flgirl543 wrote:
President Clinton and Oprah Winfrey among Medal of Freedom recipients

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08 ... z2bTCbOLXz

President Obama will award the Medal of Freedom to 16 recipients including former President Bill Clinton and journalist Oprah Winfrey, the White House announced Thursday.

:wall :wall

And as for "journalist"... well... I guess she fits in with too many others who falsely claim that title.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next