All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:57 pm 
ADMIN

Press release...

Investigation into Death of Actor Robin Williams
http://www.marinsheriff.org/uploads/854.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:08 pm 
ADMIN

63.. battled alcoholism and Depresion.... recently back in rehab.

I can relate to that.. there but for the Grace of God.

RIP Robin... my condolences to friends and family.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:10 pm 
ADMIN

Robin Williams Found Dead in Possible Suicide
August 11, 2014 | 03:55PM PT
Variety Staff

Veteran film and television comedic actor Robin Williams was found dead on Monday. He was 63.

The cause of death is believed to be suicide via asphyxiation, according to the coroner’s office in Tiburon, Calif. He was found in his home.

According to his publicist, who confirmed the news, the actor had been battling depression of late.

His wife Susan Schneider said in a statement, “I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin’s family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”

Williams is best known for both comedic and dramatic roles in movies including “Good Will Hunting,” for which he won a Best Supporting Actor in 1997. In addition, he won several Emmys, Golden Globes.

Williams’ film career was bookended by TV roles including his breakout role on the ABC sitcom “Mork & Mindy” in 1978. He returned to TV on CBS last season, “The Crazy Ones.”

He is survived by his wife and three children.

...more at link

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robin ... 201280386/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:08 pm 
ADMIN

Re-news It@Re_Newsit
Sitting here fighting back tears, feeling like an idiot, and then I read this...

B. C. Johnson@BobbyCJohnson
I'm a writer, and when my guts fall out I write. My letter to #RobinWilliams
http://beeceejohnson.wordpress.com/2014 ... -williams/

Quote:
Dear Robin Williams
Posted on August 11, 2014 by beeceejohnson

I’m going to tell you something right now, and it’s going to seem heartless: I don’t get emotionally affected by celebrity deaths. At best my body processes a kind of distant mournful shock, the chemistry of which that, if studied, would probably equate to hearing the news that a show I kind of liked has been cancelled.

When Philip Seymour Hoffman passed, I thought, “Oh that sucks. He’s so talented,” but the fact is, I didn’t know him. I’d never met him, and odds are that I would never have shook hands with him. I’m 29-years-old, and all of my life has left me bewildered when I see someone genuinely torn to pieces when a celebrity they never met dies. Don’t get me wrong – it sucks that they died, and I definitely feel an intellectual empathy, but it never quite reaches my guts.

Just fifteen minutes ago, on the way home from a terrible day of work after my truck had broken down for the third time this month, I heard the news over the radio (that in itself being a surreal and quaint idea) – Robin Williams is dead.

They say it might be a suicide, relating to asphyxiation, but I didn’t hear the rest of it because my guts churned like someone had stuck a broom handle in there and started fucking stirring. I blinked away tears that had appeared so quickly it was if my eyes had gotten the news before my ears had.

Robin Williams doesn’t die. Robin Williams is the totem of comedy, a manic energizing force of nature with a boyish face and hair like six grizzly bears sewn together. Robin Williams is a genie. Robin Williams is Peter Pan. Peter Pan can’t die. What the fuck is that? Why would that happen? Who would allow that to happen?

As a kind-of-funny little boy who dreamed of being a gut-bustingly funny little boy (still working on that), my two idols were Jim Carrey and Robin Williams. They had more juice than a nuclear power plant operating during a lightning storm on the surface of the sun. They were goofy, funny, witty, and both could throw down and be serious when they needed. To call them my comedy role-models would be underselling it – they were my comedy paragons, my comedy Achilleses, my comedy rock gods with six arms and flaming eyes.

I’ve never felt this way before, but I can’t stop crying. It took me three tries to get out of my car when I got home a few minutes ago. As I was changing out of my work clothes I leaned, shirtless, against my dresser and sunk my face in my elbow and shook. I sobbed the big sobs that make your lungs hurt and plug your nose with snot.

I wanted to write this because I’m a funny guy (who will never be an eighth as funny as Robin Williams), and I’m a guy who’s had some down times that I’m not proud of (though, again, nowhere near the down times Robin is reported as having). But I just wanted to say that just because the darkness finally got you doesn’t mean a damn thing.

You’re my fucking hero, Robin. You always will be. You’ve made me smile and laugh my entire life, and you’ve done that a billion times over to billions more people. Most of the silly human beings on this silly rock in the vast void of space have laughed because of you, and there is no achievement greater, no goal higher, no laudable act that deserves more fucking lauds.

Thank you, Robin. We can never repay what you gave us, but we’ll try to pass a few laughs on in your honor. Cheers, brother.

Heaven just got a whole lot fucking funnier.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:19 pm 
ADMIN

If women ran the world we wouldn't have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
Robin Williams

I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.
Robin Williams

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:22 pm 
ADMIN

Good Night Vietnam: RIP Robin Williams
By Jeralyn, Section Media
Posted on Mon Aug 11, 2014 at 07:34:36 PM EST

As Howard Cossell would say, "An unspeakable tragedy tonight in Tiberon, CA." Robin Williams, who struggled so hard against depression, lost the battle and took his own life today at age 63.

...more at link
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2014/8/11 ... n-Williams

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:26 pm 

So sad!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:54 pm 
ADMIN

Yes, sad, but as B. C. Johnson put it in his "Letter to Robin Williams"....

"Heaven just got a whole lot fucking funnier."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:10 am 
ADMIN

Late Actor Robin Williams Talks Family, Addiction In 2013 Interview With CBS2’s Pat Harvey

August 11, 2014 5:44 PM

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — The entertainment world, as well as scores of fans, were devastated by the news of veteran actor and comedian Robin Williams on Monday.

Reports emerged shortly after 3:30 p.m. Monday of the funnyman’s death, which is being reported as a possible suicide. Williams’ publicist, Mara Buxbaum, shared that the late actor had “been battling severe depression of late”.

Williams, who got his screen break out on Mork & Mindy (1978-82), most recently appeared on television on CBS’ The Crazy Ones (2013-14).

Williams sat down with CBS2’s Pat Harvey in 2013 to discuss the show, as well as his family and previous battles with addiction.

...more at link
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/08/ ... at-harvey/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:26 am 
ADMIN

Robin Williams on addiction and comedy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:01 pm 

So sad that someone who could make the world laugh, was in such pain. :cry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:04 pm 
ADMIN

Robin Williams' wife: He had Parkinson's disease
August 14, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Los Angeles — Robin Williams was in the early stages of Parkinson’s disease and was sober at the time of his suicide, his wife said Thursday.

In a statement, Susan Schneider said that Williams, 63, was struggling with depression, anxiety and the Parkinson’s diagnosis when he was found dead Monday in his Northern California home.

Schneider did not offer details on when the actor comedian had been diagnosed or his symptoms.

Williams’ death shocked fans and friends alike, despite his candor about decades of struggle with substance abuse and mental health. With Parkinson’s, Williams faced shouldering yet another challenge.

...more at link
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2014 ... z3AOmWw8nC