It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:57 pm 
ADMIN

Sir David Frost dead: Legendary broadcaster dies from suspected heart attack on Queen Elizabeth cruise ship aged 74
By Andy Rudd
1 Sep 2013 13:38

The family statement said that Frost had been giving a speech aboard the Queen Elizabeth on Saturday night when he fell ill

Veteran UK broadcaster Sir David Frost
has died from a suspected heart attack on a cruise ship at the age of 74, his family have announced.

Sir David died last night on the Queen Elizabeth cruise ship, where he was due to give a speech.

Follow live reaction and tributes

Known for incisive interviews with the leading figures of his time, and perhaps most famously disgraced US president Richard Nixon, Sir David spent more than 50 years as a television star.

David Cameron was quick to send his condolences and tweeted: "My heart goes out to David Frost's family. He could be - and certainly was with me - both a friend and a fearsome interviewer.

In a statement to BBC News, Sir David's family said: "His family are devastated and ask for privacy at this difficult time. A family funeral will be held in the near future and details of a memorial service will be announced in due course."

...more at link
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/si ... ry-2242876

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:01 pm 

When I was a teenager, my mom and I were returning home from a vacation in the U.S. Virgin Islands and she spotted David Frost sitting in First Class. No one else seemed to recognize him or care who he was, but she was so excited! (I was only vaguely familiar with who he was.) When the flight landed, she stopped to talk to him and got his autograph with a pen that had gold colored ink in it. He thought it was cool.