It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:51 pm 

I couldn't get a video but the still photos pretty much paint a picture. :eek He was a BIG guy, I'm sure it was a big :94

VIDEO: Man on trial for murder of 10-year-old girl and her grandparents jumps to death in courthouse
By Bob Jones | News5Cleveland | April 10, 2017

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - (WARNING: THE VIDEO ABOVE MAY BE CONSIDERED DISTURBING TO SOME)

An Ohio man accused of setting a fire that killed a 10-year-old he was accused of raping and her grandparents jumped to his death inside the Mahoning County Courthouse Monday.

According to Mahoning County Sheriff Jerry Greene, Robert Seman, 63, was in court for his final pre-trial hearing inside Judge Maureen Sweeney's chambers.

After the hearing ended, Seman, who had a leg restraint on one leg but no handcuffs, jumped over a railing on the fourth floor. He landed 75 feet below in the rotunda and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Sheriff Greene said it was common procedure to not have Seman in handcuffs.

More at link: http://www.news5cleveland.com/news/loca ... courthouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:29 pm 

The latest news is that a letter that claims to be from Joseph Jakubowski was received by a local business and he threatened to attack church goers in Waukesha County on Easter Sunday. Specifically he threatened Sussex churches. Sussex is the town just north of me.

The news did an interview with a pastor and forgive me but what an ass. The pastor said that violence can happen any time not just Holy Week so we will be watchful but “meh” just go on as usual.

Good grief.

I imagine more people than ever will be conceal carrying in church this Sunday. Personally I think that every church should have two people open carrying at every entrance. I may ask my priest if he is open to the idea but he is a capital L Liberal so I doubt that he would allow it.

Letter threatens violence at Waukesha County churches on Easter Sunday

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Letter ... 34614.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:15 am 

Thanks for the info, Carm.

I agree with you about armed guards at every entrance. They should have his photo on a "Wanted" poster on each door. What a nut-job.

Personally, I would stay home and pray for those who are going to church. So sad. :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:26 am 

:77 Yes! The twat has been captured! :77

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:14 pm 

The locals are saying that the letter with the threats about a “Bloody Easter Sunday” did not come from Jakubowski. So either some moron trying to make people fearful or a real threat. SMH.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:21 pm 

Isn't that crazy? A wannabe copycat.

Such good news that he has been arrested. Thanks Carm for the updates. :69

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:49 pm 

The guy who found him on his property had no idea that he was a wanted fugitive and just chatted with him for an hour. The guy was a high school counselor for 8 years and then something in administration. He said he got a psych degree late in life.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:54 pm 

April 14, 2017

In reference to this post: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=932&p=117623#p117623

Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez was found not guilty today of a 2012 double murder in Boston. I didn't watch the long, drawn out trial but I kept up with some of the key events. I thought the prosecution had a slam-dunk case, as did other trial watchers.

His attorney is Jose Baez. I'm guessing his fee increased a bit after today.

Hernandez is serving a life sentence for a 2013 murder.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:04 am 

This is very sad. Drafted at 20, multimillionaire at 22 after the Super Bowl, convicted of murder at 25 and dead at 27. Bad choices. :(

Former Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez found dead in prison
By Patrick Mairs, Mark Pratt | AP | April 19, 2017

BOSTON (AP) — Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez hanged himself in his prison cell early Wednesday while serving a life sentence for murder, authorities said.

Hernandez, 27, was found by guards at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley just after 3 a.m., Department of Correction spokesman Christopher Fallon said in a statement. The former New England Patriots tight end was pronounced dead at a hospital about an hour later.

His death comes just days after he was acquitted of a double murder and on the same day the Patriots were set to visit the White House to mark their Super Bowl win. The team had no immediate comment.

Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing unit in the maximum-security state prison. He hanged himself with a bed sheet that he attached to a window, Fallon said. Hernandez tried to block the cell door from the inside by jamming it with various items, Fallon said.

Fallon said he's not aware of any suicide note written by Hernandez. He said that officials had no concern that Hernandez might take his own life, and said if they had had any such worries he would have been transferred to a mental health unit.

Hernandez was moved to tears on Friday after he was acquitted of the 2012 fatal shootings of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado in Boston. Before his acquittal, Hernandez on Wednesday was seen blowing kisses to the little girl he fathered with fiancée Shayanna Jenkins. Cameras captured the tender exchange.

More at link: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1919 ... rison-cell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:42 am 

I saw that Molly. Such a waste of a life.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:52 pm 

Gunman Shoots, Kills Delaware Trooper in Wawa Parking Lot
Police say the suspect in the shooting is barricaded inside a home.
By Dan Stamm, David Chang | NBCphiladelphia.com | Updated: April 26, 2017, 5:31PM ET

A Delaware state trooper died from his injuries Wednesday after he was shot by another man in a Wawa parking lot.

Investigators say the trooper, whose name has not been released, observed two people inside a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot of the Wawa store at 1605 Pulaski Highway (US Route 40) in Bear shortly after noon. After the trooper approached the two men a struggle ensued, according to officials.

One of the two suspects then exited the vehicle and fired several shots, striking the trooper. The trooper was taken to Christiana Hospital, where he died from his injuries.

Responding police officers arrived at the scene and took one of the suspects into custody. Another suspect ran away.

Many police officers and vehicles were at the scene of the shooting as officials searched the area. They could also be seen in the area of the 500 block of St. Michaels Drive in the Brick Mill Farm Development in Middletown, Delaware -- about 15 miles away -- where state police said the second suspect was refusing orders to surrender and firing at police officers. The suspect was barricaded inside a home Wednesday afternoon.

"The suspect has been firing shots at the police officers from the residence that he lives in and is currently held up in the house," Delaware State Police Master Corporal Gary Fournier said. "Now we have members from allied agencies throughout the state of Delaware that are on scene. We've established a perimeter on the house. He is contained to the one house but continues not to surrender as we wish. We will be on scene until we get a peaceful resolution."

More at link: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc ... 00583.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:06 pm 

This is a follow-up to the above story. It is a long article, with lots of video and has been updating every 30m or so. It is interesting to me how they tried to get him out which didn't work. A senseless killing to say the least.
The guy was held up in his home for 21 hours. He finally came out, firing at police and was shot.

Suspect in killing of Del. trooper identified; new details released
By WPVI-TV | Updated: April 27, 2017 10:50PM ET

MIDDLETOWN, Del. (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have identified the man who shot and killed a trooper on Wednesday, and was then killed himself by police gunfire on Thursday morning.

He is identified as 26-year-old Burgon Sealy Jr. of Middletown, Delaware. He was shot after a nearly day-long standoff with police at his home.

Cpl. Stephen Ballard, 32, was shot in the parking lot of a Wawa at 1605 Pulaski Highway in Bear, Del. around 12 p.m. Wednesday.

During a news conference on Thursday, officials released more details about the incident.

More at link: http://6abc.com/news/suspect-in-killing ... d/1919661/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:58 pm 

Howard ground search called off as escaped prisoner eludes authorities for second day
By Colin Campbell | The Baltimore Sun | April 29, 2017, 6:15PM ET

A maximum-security inmate who escaped from a Jessup mental hospital parking lot eluded police for a second day Saturday, alarming nearby residents and business owners, and prompting questions about how he was able to break free and remain on the run.

The prisoner, David M. Watson II, 28, freed himself from handcuffs and a waist chain and escaped about 9:40 a.m. Friday from the custody of two Wicomico County Detention Center guards in the parking lot of the Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center near Dorsey Run Road and Patuxent Range Road in Jessup.

Watson, convicted in Delaware of attempted murder after shooting into a police officer's home in 2012, is serving a 106-year sentence.

Howard County police suspended their ground search near the hospital Saturday afternoon, "after exhausting all search efforts in the immediate area" with officers, K-9 units and helicopters with heat-seeking technology, officials said.
[...]
As he was being removed from a transport van, he knocked a guard to the ground and ran into the woods, officials said. His restraints included leg irons, handcuffs, a waist chain and a device called a black box, which makes it more difficult for an inmate to tamper with handcuffs. The handcuffs and chain were found near the van, along with two articles of clothing.

Video footage shows that correctional officers followed proper procedures in putting Watson in restraints before he left the Wicomico jail, according to George Kaloroumakis, that county's corrections director.

More at link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-md- ... story.html

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:42 am 

Detroit police officer in 'very critical condition' after shooting; suspect killed
By Michelle Ganley | WDIV ClickOnDetroit | Updated: May 1, 2017, 1:13AM

DETROIT - A 14-year veteran police officer is in "very critical condition" after he was shot in the back of the head Sunday night, the Detroit Police Department said.

Two officers were responding to reports of gunfire and a possible domestic violence incident -- involving a man allegedly assaulting his girlfriend -- in the 10000 block of Joy Road, police said.

When the officers knocked on the door of a home, the suspect opened the door and started shooting, Chief James Craig said.

The injured officer and his partner returned fire, killing the suspect, police said.

The officer’s partner has only been on the force for six months, officers said.

The injured officer was taken to Oakwood Hospital in Dearborn, where at last check, he remained in surgery.

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/detr ... -situation

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:01 pm 

Update on above story. Officer still in "critical condition, deteriorating". :(

Pottawattamie County deputy killed by escaped convict identified
By WOWT 6 News | Updated: May 1, 2017, 5:05PM

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - The Pottawattamie County deputy killed by an escaped convict has been identified as Mark Burbridge. Deputy Burbridge is a 12-year veteran of the Pottawattamie County Sheriff's Office. Deputy Pat Morgan, a 10 year veteran, was also shot. He is now in stable condition at an Omaha hospital.
[...]
The deputies were transporting two prisoners from the courthouse and arrived at the jail when the incident occurred. Wesley Correa Carmenaty, 22, assaulted both deputies. Correa Carmenaty was able to take one of the deputies' firearms and shot both deputies. Correa Carmenaty then fled the sally port in the jail van. He crashed through west door of the jail, and left with the van.

At the intersection of 16th and Big Lake Road, Correa Carmenaty stopped the van and attempted to carjack an S10 pickup. The driver, Jerry Brittan, 30, was shot once. His injuries are not life-threatening. Correa Carmenaty carjacked Amy Kanger, 31, near 2500 Ave. of Avenue I. Officials said he forced her back into the Nissan. Kanger was dropped off at 5825 N. 30th at RL Liquor in Omaha. A pursuit ensued involving NSP, DCSO, OPD Traffic, Marshals, Gang Unit, CBPD and Pottawattamie County deputies.

The pursuit came to an end when Correa Carmenaty reportedly crashed near I-480 and Cuming Street. He was taken into custody without incident. Correa Carmenaty and two others were charged in the slaying of Anthony Walker during a botched robbery in March 2016. Correa Carmenaty was set to be sentenced May 1 after pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter, attempted murder and two counts of robbery.

More at link: http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Pottaw ... 22233.html

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:26 pm 

And, Kendrix J. White, 21, stabbed at least three students near a gym on campus at the University of Texas in Austin this afternoon. One student has died.
Motive is unknown at this time. :roll

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:22 pm 
ADMIN

Texas officer who killed black teenager leaving party is charged with murder

A Texas police officer who shot and killed a 15-year-old high school freshman last weekend has been charged with murder, according to news reports.

Roy Oliver, a patrol officer in the Dallas suburb of Balch Springs, has not been arrested, but a judge signed a murder warrant Friday afternoon and his bond has been set at $300,000, according to the Dallas Morning News.

...more at link
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... th-murder/

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:52 am 

I am so sick of this story. ;) I can't even describe the coverage it is getting here.

No news on homeowner's where the house party was held. No news on who fired the shots that started the entire fiasco. The only thing I see is his photo (right below) which is Travon Martin-esque. The one on the left is the most recent I have found. The cop lied on his report saying the car was backing up towards him. It's just a big mess and I am glad the funeral was today and hopefully no more news (or grade school photos) to be seen. :roll

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:01 am 
ADMIN

Yeah
I spotted case on Fox.. but have not researched details...

First thing I noticed was the child-pic ... same fakenews trick as TM :doh

I can start a separate thread... but I was hoping it would NOT become a big deal.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:40 pm 

:eek

Man charged with starting fire that killed 7 in Akron
By Christina Schaefer | FOX45Now.com | May 23, 2017

AKRON, Ohio (WKEF/WRGT) - Police have arrested a man in connection with an Akron fire that killed seven people including five children.

Stanley O. Ford, 58, has been charged with one count of aggravated arson and seven counts of aggravated murder. “This is a devastating tragedy for our community,” Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan said. The city's mayor says he will do everything in his power to make sure justice is served for the victims and their families.

More at link: http://fox45now.com/news/local/man-char ... 7-in-akron

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next