It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:55 am 
ADMIN

I though this tweet described the situation well....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:39 pm 

In a house with a bunch of drunken athletes, who in this case ordered up exotic dancers, isn't the safest place to be. Haven't we been hearing about a lot of sexual assaults lately regarding athletes at frat parties?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:58 pm 

Pair tried to decapitate soldier Lee Rigby in London street murder, court hears

What these A**holes did deserves a Death Penalty. England doesn't have one I've concluded. Police should have shot them dead where they stood. IMO disclaimer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/p ... -1.1532612

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:25 pm 

From what I hear we are the only civilized country with a death penalty. This is the reason other countries won't extradite to us unless we promise not to use the death penalty.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:28 pm 

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... estigation

Wow, what a surprise!! Even though the rape kit matched his DNA and even though toxicology showed her alcohol level at .46 , it was, of course, consensual.
I guess alcohol is not considered a drug and a man plying a woman with booze to get in her pants no longer exists. I wonder how she could have given consent when that drunk??

Football reigns supreme. You just can't put such a star down.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:54 pm 

When I was in college, granted that was a while ago, girls got drunk so they could/would have sex. It really depends on the mindset of both, it can be really hard, Of course no should mean no and being drunk doesnt mean consent.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:00 pm 

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/05/justice/florida-state-quarterback-investigation/

FSU's Jameis Winston will not be charged in rape case, prosecutor says

The accuser's blood-alcohol content when taken, some hours after the incident, was 0.04%, which Meggs said was "not very high." He further said investigators extrapolated the data to determine that her BAC had been about 0.1%, slightly over the legal limit to drive, at the time of the incident.

Now it is confusing. IMO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:07 pm 
ADMIN

Here is a funny one.... link posted at CTH by NOM :give

nameofthepen says:
Quote:
schadenfreude - noun: malicious joy in the misfortunes of others

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12 ... ngs-worse/

I lol’ed. Shame on me! :Q31

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:10 pm 
ADMIN

I thought it was hilarious....

....could not help but wonder what they would make of this case at InSession2 (formerly Justice Quest) Who ya gonna call "da victim" :lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:34 pm 

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/1-dead ... index.html

Lots of Chicago libratards and supposed family & friends are coming by to tell us how wrong we are about this fine young man that was shot dead, found wearing an Ironman mask, gloves, with a gun nearby. Because that doesn't seem like criminal activity at all. SMH.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:32 pm 
ADMIN

Short Hills mall shooting update: 4 men arrested, identified in connection with deadly carjacking
By Ted Sherman and James Queally/The Star-Ledger

NEWARK — Nearly a week after 30-year-old Hoboken lawyer Dustin Friedland was gunned down in a deadly carjacking while returning to his vehicle in an upper level parking deck of the Mall at Short Hills, police this morning arrested four men on charges of murder.

The four were identified as Karif Ford, 31, Basim Henry, 32, Kevin Roberts, 35, all of Newark, and Hanif Thompson, 29, of Irvington. All were being held at the Essex County Correctional Facility on $2 million bail each.

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2013/ ... cking.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:38 pm 
ADMIN

At the risk of sounding racists.... it was a sure bet that the perps would turn out to be black. (sons of Obama)

I make that point with no intent to show racial prejudice against the 4 perps... but rather to indict the "authorities" (and Lame Stream Media) who do not report the race of perps in cases like this... but are VERY quick to announce when a "victim" is black.... and also quick to announce the race of a perp when he is white... or as in the case of George Zimmerman they THINK he is white.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:38 pm 

http://tpr.org/post/officer-robert-deckard-passes-away

Officer Robert Deckard Passes Away

Quote:
31 year old Bobby Deckard, a highly regarded San Antonio Police officer, has passed away.

The husband, father, and officer, lost the fight for his life Friday morning, just before 10 a.m., from injuries he sustained after being shot in the head during a chase of robbery suspects.

Police Chief William McManus said in a statement, "With great sorrow, we have received word from the Deckard family that Bobby passed away..."

He had been on life support since the shooting. They kept him on for an extra few days because he donated all of his organs. Even in death, Officer Deckard was still helping others.

There was a link to HUFFPO that I read. The comments afterwards made me ill. All because he wore a badge. I don't understand how people can hate someone just by their occupation.

The two suspects were arrested after they shot at another officer in Wilson County south of SATX. This link is from before Officer Deckard was taken off of life support.

Quote:
...Near Poth in Wilson County, the pair ditched their car and ran into the brush while exchanging gunfire with a Poth police officer, who was not injured, officials said. They were arrested about 8 a.m. after a search using a police dog and helicopter.

Puente and Ramos are suspected in 15 robberies, but San Antonio police didn't release any details about when or where the crimes occurred because the suspects haven't been charged in those. A spokeswoman did say that the targets varied, including convenience stores, a car wash and a bar...

http://www.officer.com/news/11270798/pa ... ce-officer

They are adjusting the charges to Capitol Murder.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:52 am 

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3032600/#53973576

Did anyone catch Dateline last night? Killing in Cottonwood.

The wife and I both thought the evidence was beyond weak and don't think based on what they showed that he was guilty. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:03 am 

I only saw a little bit, and missed the end! was he convicted? The only part I watched was the 911 recording. At first I couldn't tell what he was saying, but thought I heard "sick". Then when the prosecutors stated what they thought he said and I re-listened I thought I heard what the prosecutors said he said. Then when the defense said what they thought he said and I re-listened, I thought I heard what THEY said. I think he did say what the defense said, but who knows? I hope to have time to view the link you posted! I would really like to hear what you and your wife think!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:48 am 

Yes he was convicted and is currently in jail. The first trial was a mistrial because of a hung jury that was caused by a juror that over slept and they put in an alternate that said he knew the defendant was guilty and no one would change his mind.

As far as the 911 call goes, there is no way he said that he killed his wife. We all know that people hear what they want to hear on recordings like that. But the first jury listened to it 20 times and none of them thought he said that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:37 pm 

so, then the 2nd jury did think he confessed? Early on, I didn't believe the "affair" was a reason to kill his wife but the "other woman" wrote a letter to his wife after it was over. Why? But It did bother me in the interrogation that his wife would never leave him. It kind of sounded like he would not allow it. So many questions! Must finish video!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:05 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks, Mung.
I had never heard of the case... so I watched the vid at your link.

Mark Duenas says he's innocent

My Thoughts:
1. Confirms what was shown in GZ case... DO NOT submit to LE interrogation without lawyer :doh

2. DO NOT talk on phone :wall

3. As far as his guilt or innocence.... based up on that news item it seems like a weak Prosecution case, based on small snippets taken out of context... but...... the Jury saw and heard far more. I'd at LEAST like to see complete interviews (and see the body language), and entire phone calls to put the snippets of conversation in context.

4. That news item itself was cobbled together from just VERY SMALL snippets of the case, and so ironically the news item is subject to the same flaws as it it suggesting were in play with this trial and Prosecution case.

A post from "kellabeck"
Quote:
Last night's DATELINE was an account of the murder of Karen Duenas in Cottonwood, Calif. and the trial, hung jury, retrial and conviction of her husband Mark.

Correspondent Keith Morrison was openly skeptical in his interview with the second (successful) DA, insinuating there was no evidence to support the charge let alone a conviction.

I've been reading summaries of the retrial and I find Mark Duenas' guilt to be conclusive based on the evidence. And the notion that "drug addicts" (Morrison's term) might randomly select a darkened house, slit a screen from the top, leaving the bottom attached, enter the window without disturbing any dust, not wake the victim, find her in the dark, stab her in the back, turn her over and stab her chest, and then leave without depositing any blood on the way out and not taking any valuables.

Also, the couple's son had returned home about 15 minutes before discovery of the body and he says his mother's lights were out and her door was closed when she would normally wait up for him. The husband claimed he heard the sound of cats' screeching and got up from his bed in his bedroom and looked out back and saw nothing. He says that Karen's light was on and he went into the master bedroom and found her lying in a pool of blood.

First responders said the blood was dry or drying. Her face had been wiped with a cloth which was found there. When the body was removed the next morning it was in full rigor mortis. The condition of the body and the blood indicate that the event happened earlier, not immediately before the discovery of the body. And the prosecutor told the jury that Mark had waited for his son to come home, hoping he would discover the body but when he had just gone to bed, Mark then had to do it.

Mark Duenas had been carrying on an emotional affair through texts, email and phone calls with a woman who had been a classmate in school. They had not seen each other since HS. Karen discovered this romance through the phone bill. Mark pledged to stop contact but then acquired a prepaid phone to continue in secret. The woman, feeling guilty, ended the contact in the weeks before the murder.

The show featured the 911 call of Duenas and the two sides disputed what he said. Prosecution said that he said, "I killed my wife, expletive, there's blood everywhere" while the defense claimed he said "I found my wife sick. There's blood everywhere." There is a further tape to listen to on the DATELINE site. Mark Duenas in a phone call from jail says "I said what they say I said" You can listen for yourself.

Also most important was Mark's statement to police that he heard gurgling coming from Karen. Prosecution contended that was only possible if he had been present when her trachea and aorta were severed.

There was also testimony from neighbors that a scream was heard around 10:30 that night, consistent with the prosecution theory.

The first trial ended in a hung jury, split 10-3 for acquittal. His family and her family, united behind Mark, urged the prosecutor to drop the charges but he was retried and convicted.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:28 am 
ADMIN

Hate crime suspect arrested for attacking seven women in New York 'knock-out' attacks

• Two of the victims knocked to the ground were aged 78
  • 35-year-old faces charge of endangering child after mother fell on girl after being punched

By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 19:41 GMT, 4 January 2014 | UPDATED: 19:41 GMT, 4 January 2014

A 35-year-old from New York has been arrested for at least seven knock out attacks around Brooklyn.

Barry Baldwin is accused of punching his victims to the ground in a spate of attacks carried out between November 9 and December 27, police said.

All of the victims were women, and most were Jewish. In one case, a 78-year-old was knocked to the ground as she pushed her great granddaughter's stroller.

Baldwin, of East New York, has been charged with six counts of assault as a hate crime, aggravated harassment and attempted assault.

He also faces menacing charges and one count of endangering the welfare of a child after a mother who had been punched fell on to her seven-year-old child.

'Everyone will sleep a little easier,' Brooklyn Assemblyman Dov Hikind told the New York Post. 'No one in our community should live in fear.'

In the first attack allegedly carried out by Baldwin, on November 9, a 78-year-old great-grandmother was knocked to the ground in one blow.

.....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tacks.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:31 am 
ADMIN

PAUL McCARTNEY-WATERFALLS

:DN4 Don't Go Chasing Polar Bears
In The Great Unknown
Some Big Friendly Polar Bear
Might Want To Take You Home shoot you in self defence
:DN4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next