It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:57 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks for the update, Packy.

I remember the Peter Ellis case. That was literally a "witch" hunt. Interviewing small children is fraught with danger.... it did seem to me that hysterical parents seeded some weird ideas in their kids heads, and some "social workers" with an attitude added to that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:59 pm 

I guess that is what I'm remembering, the witch hunts. The daycare case had almost 300 kids contending they were molested. And one has to wonder how that many can be wrong but apparently mass hysteria works in mysterious way since it turned out they were wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:09 pm 
ADMIN

I had to look the case up again. I do remember him released... but never exonerated.

Quote:
Former day-care worker, Peter Ellis was released in Feburary 2000 after serving two-thirds of his sentence,after being found guilty of 16 charges of sexual abuse against children in his care.

The case has always been controversial, dividing New Zealand, and particularly Christchurch, into two camps, one believing he is innocent, the other convinced of his guilt. The issue which has festered since his arrest in 1992, surfaced again dramatically on Sunday 16 November 1997, with a 20/20 television programme which painted a picture of a highly questionable approach by the State and of jury irregularities. The previous day, the media reported that the Solicitor General has ordered an inquiry into the Ellis jury.

There is PLENTY to read on the case :43

For example.....

Masculinist Evolution New Zealand
- promoting a clearer understanding of men's experience -

http://menz.org.nz/cosa/peter-ellis-chr ... ch-creche/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:03 pm 

Good site and a bit of an eye opener, Rumpole. In this day and age I'm glad I'm not a man because they're vulnerable just by nature of their gender in my opinion.

I found too that he was released but can't find if he was exonerated but I'd have to some reading to catch up and refresh.

From your link

Evidence is over-whelming that Peter Ellis was not proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. He was convicted on the basis of uncorroborated testimony with the complicity of professionals who believe that women and children always tell the truth when they say they have been sexually abused. These professionals do not believe women and children if they say they have not been abused. To them, anyone who retracts an allegation must be "in denial".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:29 pm 
ADMIN

Yes... I am aware of the "All men are rapists" crowd... there is a strong thread of that at some other forums.