It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:50 am 

Doesn't Jerry look good in 'puke yellow'? :84

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:36 am 

Yes, there does seem to be a hint of green in Jerry's yellow suit. Yuk! :13

Rem, your pictures are great! You wouldn't have one of Coach Joe Paterno, just for the record, would you? :61

What I really never understood is why Jerry Sandusky got such a prestigious position at Penn State in the first place. Putting his sexual perversions aside for a moment, do any of you besides me think there's really something inherently 'wrong' with the man. He just doesn't seem to be normal, if you know what I mean. He seems almost 'retarded' if you will. Or do you think his behavior is all a ruse to make him look more innocent?

Does anyone know where Jerry spent the night? And I hear his sentencing isn't for another 3 months so do we have some idea of where his new home will be? :87

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:09 pm 

One thing that's making this case VERY interesting is the response of Sandusky's defense after the verdict. Sandusky's attorney (can't remember his name) sung the praises of the jury, prosecution and judge and all the evidence they had against him. Why is this a problem?

Well...now what's he going to say in his Appeal? That the jury or the prosecution or the judge made fatal errors that command a reversal? This should be interesting. Some say this attorney will be 'fired' and the appeal will claim Sandusky didn't have a competent defense attorney.

Stay tuned. :26

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:43 pm 

rtmember wrote:
Yea but if they handcuffed him in back he'd have nothing to play with. :12

That was uncalled for.

Jane

:31 You're bad Jane. I like that! :84

:85

(You should think about playing the Werewolf game!)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:59 pm 

He looks stunned that he was found guilty. He probably still doesn't believe that he did anything wrong and probably never will.

I'm worked with an elderly man. He seemed like a nice person, yet he was caught in a sting for arranging to go to a foreign country to have sex with a 12-14 year old boy. He didn't think he did anything wrong and still doesn't. It was all the Feds fault for tricking him! I think pedophiles are incapable of understanding (or caring) how their actions can damage the souls of the children they encounter. They seem to believe that since they are nice/good people in every way "except this one behaviour", that we should all think what wonderful guys they are!! :95

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:22 pm 

'Why we had no doubt Jerry Sandusky was guilty': Juror lifts the lid on sensational verdict as ex-Penn State coach faces dying in jail for 45 child sex crimes

By Daily Mail Reporter

A juror in the trial of Jerry Sandusky, who was yesterday convicted of 45 counts of child sexual abuse, has told how the ex-Penn State football coach's reaction to the verdict confirmed his guilt.

Joshua Harper told TODAY that Sandusky's facial expression during his sentencing was proof that the jury had made the right decision.

'That was just confirmation, again,' the juror said. 'I looked at him during the reading of the verdict and just the look on his face, no real emotion, just kind of accepting, you know, because he knew it was true.'

Jerry Sandusky was last night found guilty of sexually abusing young boys while he was an assistant coach of the Penn State football team. He was convicted of 45 of the counts against him, and acquitted of a further three.

Sandusky, who is now headed to jail where he will be placed on suicide watch, could face a total sentence of up to 442 years in prison.

Jurors were sequestered for just two days while they deliberated the verdict.
But Harper told TODAY how jurors were 'on the same page' during deliberations. 'We really worked together very well and we were patient and we gave time,' he said.

Harper added that finding out Sandusky's son, Matt Sandusky, was prepared to take to the stand to testify against his father was further proof of his guilt.

more at link..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -case.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:28 pm 

rtmember wrote:
Does anyone know where Jerry spent the night? And I hear his sentencing isn't for another 3 months so do we have some idea of where his new home will be? :87

Hi Jane, not sure what jail Jerry spent the night in, but I heard he will go to a penetentiary that has accomations for older inmates and will be in solidarity for his protection..I'd say a living hell for him to ponder his disgusting deeds.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:55 pm 

Maltese Mama wrote:
He looks stunned that he was found guilty. He probably still doesn't believe that he did anything wrong and probably never will.

I'm worked with an elderly man. He seemed like a nice person, yet he was caught in a sting for arranging to go to a foreign country to have sex with a 12-14 year old boy. He didn't think he did anything wrong and still doesn't. It was all the Feds fault for tricking him! I think pedophiles are incapable of understanding (or caring) how their actions can damage the souls of the children they encounter. They seem to believe that since they are nice/good people in every way "except this one behaviour", that we should all think what wonderful guys they are!! :95

BBM

That's what Marcia Clark was talking about last night on CNN, that these monsters never admit they are child molesters, they always think they did nothing wrong. They always find something else to call it besides molestation. Her comments were in response to a question if Sandusky would ever admit his guilt.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:05 pm 

That's what Marcia Clark was talking about last night on CNN, that these monsters never admit they are child molesters, they always think they did nothing wrong. They always find something else to call it besides molestation. Her comments were in response to a question if Sandusky would ever admit his guilt.[/quote]

I saw that..seems right on target. He would never admit it. He has his whole life to think about it, in a jail cell.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:13 pm 

Rem16 wrote:

I saw that..seems right on target. He would never admit it. He has his whole life to think about it, in a jail cell.

And all alone too separated from other inmates ~ for his own protection of course. Maybe the guards won't be too vigilant though. :34

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:27 pm 

:31
Quote:
You're bad Jane. I like that! :84

:85

(You should think about playing the Werewolf game!)

I didn't think anyone would 'get it'. :12 And...I know Rempole put you up to telling me to join that stupid Werewolf game! LOL

I'm always amazed at how all these cases show destruction upon destruction. Although it's nice to see Jerry get his come-upins, look who his actions hurt now, himself and his whole family, after all those kids (many didn't testify), the University, Coach Paterno, others at the school. Sorry if I've said that already but really, his 'sin' was sure far reaching.

Good article Rem! I'm anxious to see his face in 442 years when they let him out. :31

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:44 pm 

rtmember wrote:
I didn't think anyone would 'get it'. :12 And...I know Rumpole put you up to telling me to join that stupid Werewolf game! LOL

Nope, I thought of it first! When I saw your sense of humor, I knew you'd be a great villager!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:49 pm 

rtmember wrote:
I'm always amazed at how all these cases show destruction upon destruction. Although it's nice to see Jerry get his come-upins, look who his actions hurt now, himself and his whole family, after all those kids (many didn't testify), the University, Coach Paterno, others at the school. Sorry if I've said that already but really, his 'sin' was sure far reaching.

Good article Rem! I'm anxious to see his face in 442 years when they let him out. :31

That's so true.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:21 am 

Jerry Sandusky on Suicide Watch, Undergoing Evaluations

By COLLEEN CURRY | ABC News – 18 hrs ago

Jerry Sandusky is on suicide watch at the local jail after being convicted on 45 counts of sexually abusing young boys late, the former Penn State coach's defense attorney said today.

Sandusky was led away in handcuffs to the Centre County jail Friday night after a jury of seven women and five men found him guilty of nearly all of the most serious allegations of child rape and
sex abuse leveled against him, but Sandusky has not reached the end of his road yet. He will still face civil suits, potentially more criminal charges against him, and years of treatment while in prison.

After the jury foreman read 45 "guilty" verdicts aloud to an emotionless Sandusky Friday night, Judge John Cleland revoked bail and sent Sandusky to county jail to be evaluated by the Sexual Offenders Assessment Board for a pre-sentencing report, taking into account his psychological and physical health.

more at link..

http://news.yahoo.com/jerry-sandusky-su ... ories.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:51 am 

Thanks for that article Rem. It says he'll potentially face years of 'treatment' while in prison. WHY? He'll never get out!

It also looks like other victims have come forward. This could prove to be interesting if lots of victims come out of the woodwork. Probably most of them can't prove the abuse but it'll still be interesting to see how many come forward because it just may show how wide-reaching Jerry's activities were. I'll bet it was a whole lot more than 8.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:27 pm 

Jail inmates taunt Sandusky with Pink Floyd anthem

From MSN: http://now.msn.com/now/0624-sandusky-singing

After being stripped of all dignity and facing a minimum of 60 years in prison on child sex abuse convictions, it's been reported that disgraced ex-coach Jerry Sandusky was further shamed upon arriving at a Bellefonte prison by inmates taunting him with rounds of the lyric "Hey, teacher! Leave those kids alone" from "The Wall." Prisoners at the Centre County Correctional Facility were prohibited from direct communication with the former Penn State coach but could see him, and when the lights went down, they began serenading the convict with the classic Pink Floyd anthem through the walls. Sandusky is on suicide watch, and his lawyers have said they plan to appeal the guilty verdict.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:58 pm 

:62
Of course his lawyers will appeal...for him? They're just capitalizing on the whole case to get a few more hundred thousand dollars. They wouldn't dream of not appealing, and of course it's everybody's right to appeal their case. But everybody knows (even the appellate court) it won't work.

Jerry's life is over, but he won't kill himself. He'll just be miserable. :95

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:56 pm 

Maltese Mama wrote:
Jail inmates taunt Sandusky with Pink Floyd anthem

From MSN: http://now.msn.com/now/0624-sandusky-singing

After being stripped of all dignity and facing a minimum of 60 years in prison on child sex abuse convictions, it's been reported that disgraced ex-coach Jerry Sandusky was further shamed upon arriving at a Bellefonte prison by inmates taunting him with rounds of the lyric "Hey, teacher! Leave those kids alone" from "The Wall." Prisoners at the Centre County Correctional Facility were prohibited from direct communication with the former Penn State coach but could see him, and when the lights went down, they began serenading the convict with the classic Pink Floyd anthem through the walls. Sandusky is on suicide watch, and his lawyers have said they plan to appeal the guilty verdict.

This is actually hilarious since he deserves every bit of it! :12 Good for the other inmates. If it's one thing they don't like it's child molesters.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:14 pm 

Wonder how Jerry's doing....? :95

I've always been a little amazed that all inmates always know all about new prisoners. Do they learn all this stuff on TV or what?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:35 pm 

He got 30-60 years.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10 ... abuse?lite

I didn't listen to his speech but they say he said he did not do these disgusting acts. I didn't follow it all but basically believed he was guilty. Now I wish I'd paid more attention.

Could it even be possible that there were false memories or embellished testimonies or some kind of smaller scale mass hysteria since Sandusky claims it's all a conspiracy? I thought him to be guilty, yet I can't forget the McMartin day care case and the Peter Ellis case in Christchurch NZ and some others during the 80s that turned out to be so convincing yet found to be not true.