It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:45 am 
ADMIN

BCA: Officer heard loud noise before partner shot Justine Damond

Officer's interview provides first account of woman's shooting death in south Mpls.

Police officers Matthew Harrity and Mohamed Noor eased their patrol vehicle into the alley of the quiet south Minneapolis neighborhood late Saturday, the squad's lights off as they responded to a report of a possible assault.

Near the end of the alley, a "loud sound" startled Harrity. A moment later, Justine Damond, the woman who had called 911, approached the driver's side of the squad car. Suddenly a surprise burst of gunfire blasted past Harrity as Noor fired through the squad's open window, striking Damond in the abdomen.

The two officers began lifesaving efforts, but within 20 minutes Damond was dead.

...more at link
http://www.startribune.com/authorities- ... 5251273/#1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:45 am 
ADMIN

Minnesota shooting death of Justine Damond by a police officer originally from Somalia named Mohamed Noor.

Officer Mohamed Noor is refusing to cooperate with, or give a statement to, investigators from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. However, the second officer who was partnered with Noor is cooperating.

Minnesota Cop who Shoot Australian Woman declined to be interviewed - Press Briefing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:53 pm 

I've been catching up reading about this.
Only thing new is Noor's partner has an attorney who says it's reasonable that Noor may have feared an ambush. :roll

Twitter: :doh
Victim should have stayed in the house & she'd be alive.
Why aren't #BlueLivesMatter protesting?
Victim was white & unarmed so Noor will be convicted.
Noor's identity & background was quickly released because he is a "black" officer.

Haven't seen anything new released today in news articles.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:10 pm 

Transcript of Justine Damond 911 calls released
Dana Thiede, KARE | WFAA | 6:14 PM CDT July 19, 2017

MINNEAPOLIS - Authorities have released the transcripts of the 911 call 40-year-old Justine Damond made to Minneapolis Police that set into motion a sequence of events that ended with her being fatally shot by a responding officer.

The conversation with a Minneapolis Police dispatcher at 11:27 p.m. Saturday night reads as follows.

Operator: 911, what’s the address of the emergency?
Caller: Hi, I’m, I can hear someone out the back and I, I’m not sure if she’s having sex or being raped.

Operator: Give me the address.
Caller: 5024 Washburn Avenue South.

Operator: Washburn Avenue South. You said it’s behind (inaudible)?
Caller: And there’s a (inaudible) out the back, yup, yup. And I think she just yelled out “help,” but it’s difficult the sound has been going on for a while, but I think, I don’t think she’s enjoying it. I think it’s, I don’t know.

Operator: Okay, well I already got a call started and help on the way. Uh, you can’t see anything, you’re just hearing a female screaming then, is that what you’re saying?
Caller: Yeah. It sounds like sex noises, but it’s been going on for a while and I think she tried to say help and it sounds distressed.

Operator: Okay, I’ve already got an officer on the way. What is your name?
Caller: JUSTINE.

Operator: JUSTINE, what’s your last name?
Caller: JUSTINE.

Operator: JUSTINE.
Caller: Yeah.

Operator: And a phone number?
Caller: (REDACTED)

Operator: Okay, we’ve already got help on the way. If anything changes before we get there just give us a call right back, but officers should be there soon.

Caller: Thanks.
Operator: Okay, not a problem.

Just over eight minutes later Damond called 911 again, concerned that officers had not arrived.

Operator: 911, what is the address of the emergency?
Caller: Hi, I just reported one, but no one’s here and was wondering if they got the address wrong.

Operator: What’s the address?
Caller: 5024 Washburn Avenue South. It supposed to be Washburn Avenue South.

Operator: Are you JUSTINE?
Caller: Yeah, (inaudible).

Operator: You’re hearing a female screaming?
Caller: Yes, along behind the house.

Operator: Yup, officers are on the way there.
Caller: Thank you.

Operator: You’re welcome, bye.

More at link: http://www.wfaa.com/news/transcripts-of ... um=twitter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:49 pm 

Harteau was in Colorado when shooting happened. Said she was going out of country tomorrow.
Mayor requested she resign. Harteau has 30-years service with MPD.

Janeé Harteau Resigns As Minneapolis Police Chief 5:34min

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:31 pm 

Woman 'Slapped' Minneapolis Squad Car Before Shooting: Warrant

The document doesn't specifically say whether the woman who slapped the car is Justine Damond, who was fatally shot by Officer Mohamed Noor after calling 911

By Amy Forliti | Associated Press / NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth | July 25, 2017

A woman approached the back of a Minneapolis police car and "slapped" it shortly before an Australian woman was shot and killed by an officer, according to a search warrant filed by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.

The search warrant obtained by Minnesota Public Radio doesn't specifically say that the woman was Justine Damond, but: "Upon police arrival, a female 'slaps' the back of the patrol squad ... After that, it is unknown to BCA agents what exactly happened, but the female became deceased in the alley."

News of the warrant came hours after personnel records for the officer who fatally shot Damond were publicly released Monday. The records provided some detail about the training courses the officer took but no insight into his performance on the job.
[…]
Noor, who was in the passenger seat of a squad car, shot across his partner in the driver's seat and hit Damond. His partner told authorities that he was startled by a loud noise shortly before Damond appeared at the police vehicle.

More at link: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-int ... 36353.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:06 pm 

Sign seen after protests last weekend in Minnesota.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:31 am 

August 5, 2017

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (KARE) - The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension has obtained the training records of the Minneapolis police officers involved in the fatal shooting of Justine Damond.

Agent Brent Petersen applied for the search warrant on Monday. On Friday, he received two discs containing personnel data and a flash drive containing the training data of Office Mohamed Noor and Officer Matthew Harrity.

The items will supplement the evidence the BCA already has. The warrant states Minneapolis police command staff voluntarily gave investigators body camera videos, the officers' iPhones, the officers' patrol vehicle and audio of 911 calls and police radio traffic.

More at link: http://www.valleynewslive.com/content/n ... 09383.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:01 pm 

Justine Damond shooting: police examine mental health records of Minnesota officer
By AP | The Guardian | September 6, 2017

US investigators are looking into the mental health and medical records of a Minneapolis police officer who fatally shot Australian native Justine Damond in July.

A search warrant filed publicly Tuesday shows an investigator with the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension was seeking investigative background records, including pre-employment psychological exams and unredacted personnel files, of Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor.

Court documents show the city provided investigators with the requested information.

More at link: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ta-officer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:47 pm 

Ex-Minneapolis officer charged in woman’s death posts bail
By Associated Press | March 22, 2018

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A fired Minneapolis police officer charged with murder in the fatal shooting of an unarmed Australian woman is free on bail.

Mohamed Noor and his attorney, Thomas Plunkett, walked out of the Hennepin County Jail around 9:45 p.m. Wednesday after posting $400,000 bail following his first court appearance earlier in the day. They said nothing to journalists waiting outside.

Noor was charged Tuesday with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in the death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond. He shot her last July while responding to the woman’s 911 call about a possible sexual assault in the alley behind her home.

The conditions of Noor’s bail include no contact with his former partner, Matthew Harrity, who was driving the squad car when Noor shot Damond through the driver’s window. Noor also had to surrender his passport and cannot possess weapons. He’s due back in court May 8.

The Somali-American Police Association defended Noor in a statement Wednesday, saying the charges against him are “baseless and politically motivated, if not racially motivated as well.” The group said it believes Noor “acted in good faith and in accordance with his department’s policy.”

Source: https://apnews.com/f46d32f2069a4d37aaaab09dc627143e