It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:05 am 
ADMIN

Prosecution rests after jury hears gruesome details about murdered teacher's injuries while rape charges against student who killed her may be dropped as defense argues she was already dead

• The prosecution rested in the Philip Chism murder trial on Monday after seven days and 36 witnesses
  • The medical examiner detailed on Monday how Chism stabbed his teacher Colleen Ritzer 16 times in the neck on October 22, 2013
  • He then took her body to the woods behind Danvers High School and raped her, leaving a branch sticking out of her genitalia
  • It is not known whether or not Rotzer was dead or alive when the rape occurred so the defense is trying to get the charge dropped
  • The defense also argues Chism suffered a psychotic break after he was assigned detention by Ritzer, something another teacher said was false
  • Sarah Giaquinta testified Monday that Ritzer did not know why Chism was sitting in her classroom when they spoke just minutes before her death

By Chris Spargo For Dailymail.com
Published: 22:31 GMT, 30 November 2015 | Updated: 00:53 GMT, 1 December 2015

The prosecution in the case of a student who murdered and then raped his teacher rested their case on Monday after describing the brutal way the young woman died.

Philip Chism stabbed his teacher Colleen Ritzer 16 times in the neck while in the women's bathroom at Danvers High School on October 22, 2013 a medical examiner testified in court.

He then took her body into the woods where for the next 40 minutes he raped the woman and left her with her breasts exposed and a stick protruding from her genitalia.

The defense - which is not contesting the fact that Chism killed his teacher - has used the timing of the rape in hopes of getting the charge dropped as in Massachusetts a dead person cannot be the victim of rape.

...more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hannel=rss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:44 pm 
ADMIN

Philip Chism trial has live coverage again this week.
You will see the seal during breaks, sidebars, etc.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/newscenter-5-breaking-news/26098608

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/live-stream-3/

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!philip-chism-trial-live-stream-3/cfxa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:44 pm 
ADMIN

I cant find a live feed.. on a break?

Steve Cooper (Verified account)@scooperon7
Judge denies request by defense in #chism trial to have a second rape charge tossed out #7News

The #chism defense team called 8 witnesses in 90 minutes to the stand this morning #7News

Back in court for #chism trial minus the jury..the teen waives his right to be in court for these proceedings #7News

Prosecutors in #chism trial want cameras banned from view of crime scene at Danvers high tomorrow...judge will rule by tomorrow #7News

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:15 pm 
ADMIN

According to WildAboutTrial... Trial DONE for today :doh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:20 pm 
ADMIN

Philip Chism Trial - Day 8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:47 pm 
ADMIN

Christina Hager@HagerWBZ
Tomorrow, #Chism jury visits Danvers High School, Edicott St. BJs & movie theater where surveillance shows him after murder, & Topsfield.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:21 pm 
ADMIN

It seems motions etc proceed in afternoon... but NOT streamed :59

Julie Manganis@SNJulieManganis
The defense says #PhilipChism doesn't want to be in court for pre trial motions.

#PhilipChism says he understands his rights. Judge"you have a right to be present during every portion of the trial." He wants to leave.

Judge resumes his formal ruling on why he let the statement by Ritzer be told to jurors by her colleague yesterday. #PhilipChism

Prosecutor is concerned defense wants to "pick and choose" the information from #PhilipChism evaluations.

Defense wants jury to hear about #PhilipChism recent diagnosis.

She says prosecution experts also make conclusions based in time. "Everything is retrospective," says defense.

Lowy: is recent diagnosis of "brief psychotic disorder" relevant to #PhilipChism state of mind in 2013?

Judge says the information from 2015 is relevant - but it would be "absurd" to say only the defense can use it. #PhilipChism

The judge says he will let defense rely on info from dr. who treated #PhilipChism - but that prosecution can ask about entire report.

Regan admits that her disclosure of the witness was late. Blames email. #PhilipChism :roll

Defense must now decide if it's worth the risk of jurors hearing about other aspects of the 2015 evaluation. #PhilipChism

Then defense also has filed a motion seeking to bar use of a statement that calls #PhilipChism "manipulative."

The Worcester staff worker wouldn't testify but defense is afraid prosecutor might ask defense expert about the opinions. #PhilipChism

The worker says in a report that #PhilipChism was "manipulative" and "coached."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:32 pm 
ADMIN

Seems Defense plan to use Richard G. Dudley, Jr., M.D. to testify as an "expert"

... but he will be relying on recent evaluation done by Dr Gura? (sp). I think they are still due to have a Dauber Hearing on Gura? (sp) Or maybe that was what they did today? They are allowing Gura's report in?

Ah... the old "Psychobabble defense"

All criminals are nuts.... so what?

Extreme psychiatric state not withstanding... it is RIDICULOUS (IMO) to have these warring Psychologists and shirks at a trial.

Wain Cats - Psychobabble

:DN4 But I don't care..
It's all psychobabble rap crap to me
:DN4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:52 pm 
ADMIN

Chism defense plans testimony about mental state
By Andy Rosen Globe Staff July 13, 2015

Defense attorneys for the teenager accused in the 2013 killing of a Danvers High School math teacher plan to offer evidence about his mental state at the time of the attack, according to court documents.

Philip Chism, who was a 14-year-old freshman when he was accused in the death of Colleen Ritzer, has pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree murder and aggravated rape. Now 16, he is being tried as an adult.

Chism’s defense plans to use as an expert witness, Dr. Richard G. Dudley Jr., a New York City psychiatrist whose clinical work focuses on adolescents and adults. Dudley also has a forensic practice, according to court records, and regularly acts as a witness in legal proceedings.

...more at link
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/ ... story.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:57 pm 
ADMIN

Yep... Dudley is what UK people might well call a "tosser" :doh

Concerned the crims get their "mental Health NEEDS" attended to ... oi veh!!!

Closing the Gap: A Conversation with Jim Parsons and Richard G. Dudley, Jr., MD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:24 pm 

Finally got caught up on Chism.

IMO - what the family, adult friends of family and classmates of Philip testified about today, sounded so normal and ordinary, like what I saw/see happening with my 14 & 16 y/o grandsons -- changes happen at that age. :roll

I could be totally wrong and he may have some real mental conditions, but I think they are possibly post-murder. I also think he is heavily medicated in court and wants to go nap rather than sit & hear the motions.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:54 pm 
ADMIN

He may be a bit nuts now (but probably playing that up for the audience now, and was for the pet shrink the defense found, who in turn programmed the "expert witness" with EDITED bits of his psych evaluation.).. but he wasn't nuts when he did the crime. Planned it.. carried out all that he had to do.. .. I think it counts especially bad for him because he did the murder (and rape).. then because he was interrupted switched to "Plan B" .. thought of wheelie bin.. knew where one was... went and got it.... put body in so he could transport without being seen... etc.... and DID VIOLENT act again. That aint crazy.. that is devious and evil. :cool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:03 am 
ADMIN

If Trayvon Martin had a brother.. he would look like Philip Chism...... Gnomesayin? :cool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:18 am 

:lol re Travon... now that is funny.

I like your short summation of the crime scenario. ;)

I have wondered if the trashcan on wheels was part of his plan or quick thinking. I do believe there are just mean people in this world that commit horrific crimes.

I felt really bad today for the sweet grandfather. And felt sorry for Philip having to sit through listening to former friends talk about they are now in college, etc.

I thought the State scored more points on the witnesses today, than his defense did.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:32 am 
ADMIN

I think the witnesses testified that he was NOT nuts... he was a normal (but unbeknownst to them, evil) teen... nothing too horrific about his home life... he had friends and support from peers as well as various adults. NOT living in squalor or deprived circumstances....Not in a home with abusive/violent parent (for instance)... attacking him or his mother and siblings. Kids often have to adjust to moving home and school... I dont see that as a big deal at all ( despite what the shrinks are going to TRY and make of it). He survived the most recent change to new school... had guys and gals he knew at school... and he had the soccer team... where he excelled apparently.. with all the psychological soothing that that involves :)

The vague allusions to him going "a bit quiet" in the week leading up to the crime... sounds like it was perhaps coached.. or at least suggested and seeded/teased from a few students... I bet MOST fellow students failed to observe this alleged subtle change :roll
And 20-20 hindsight is weak evidence.
And so what? A teen who seems moody/surely/not engaged for a few days... it does happen
Most likely he was thinking about (and planning) his exciting crime.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:31 am 
ADMIN

Anyway... whatever the shrinks say.. this guy can NEVER be allowed to walk amongst civilized men (and women).

Often while watching these trials my "fantasy penalty" is banishment.. for example to some remote Island (or Planet). Let them fend for themselves.... maybe kill each other off... that would save all the agonizing on Death Row. :cool
They would have to provide food and shelter etc for themselves... so perhaps they would all be too busy to play up? I dont care what happens on "prison Island", just so long as they can never leave. I guess some sort of control and government would naturally evolve ... these sorts of people do not like or comply with the norms of modern civilized society... I wonder if they might regret that choice after experiencing basic.. not VERY civilized society.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:40 am 
ADMIN

Day 9 - Might be good... If it's streamed Gnomesayin? :cool

Psychobabble from "bleeding heart" shrinks is always worth a laugh :lol

And then it's on Day trip....

Magical Mystery Tour

:DN4 Roll up..... roll up..... for the Magical Mystery Tour :DN4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:41 am 
ADMIN

Philip Chism trial has live coverage again this week.
You will see the seal during breaks, sidebars, etc.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/newscenter-5-breaking-news/26098608

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/live-stream-3/

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!philip-chism-trial-live-stream-3/cfxa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:00 am 
ADMIN

Looks like Cameras allowed on Day Trip! :91

But camera chappies.. and the public.. have to behave themselves and NOT show Jurors...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:03 am 
ADMIN

Cathy@courtchatter
Judge rules on cameras during the view today. No cameras inside the high school. Ok outside & other public locations. #PhilipChism

I wonder IF the bathroom is back being used? I would close it down, board it up for ever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next