It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:38 pm 

CNN and FOX News are reporting live coverage.

13 Killed in Shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College: Official

NBCNews.com | October 1, 2015, 3:53PM EDT
By Irik Ortiz, M. Alex Johnson and Tom Winter

Thirteen people were dead and more than about 20 others were injured after a gunman opened fire Thursday morning on the campus of Umpqua Community College in southwest Oregon, authorities told NBC News.

It wasn't immediately known whether the gunman was among the dead after the shooting near Roseburg, which was called in at 10:38 a.m. (1:38 p.m. ET), officials said. State Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum told NBC News simply that he had been "neutralized."

Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg said it was treating nine patients, with three more expected. Sacred Heart General Hospital in Eugene, a major trauma center, told NBC News it was expecting three patients by helicopter.

Students and faculty were being bused to the Douglas County Fairgrounds.

DEVELOPING
More at link: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/multiple-casualties-after-shooting-umpqua-community-college-n437051

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:31 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH....

The Curious Case of Oregon Shooter Chris Harper-Mercer – A Social Media Profile Shaped, Modified and Deleted…
Posted on October 2, 2015 by sundance
The Oregon Shooter is a 26-year-old black male.

Birth Certificate Name is: Christopher Sean Mercer – 07/26/1989.
Mother: Laurel Margaret Harper – 04/05/1951
Dad: Ian Bernard Mercer – 05/15/1960
Divorced in 2006

On the left is the selfie Christopher Mercer uploaded to his social media. On the right is how CNN presented the same selfie in broadcast stories about him. Why did CNN need to change the complexion (color) of their broadcast? Why is no-one showing pictures of mom, Laurel Margaret Harper.

Why change to hyphenated name? Real name is Christopher Sean Mercer. Media using Christopher Harper-Mercer and Chris Harper-Mercer.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... d-deleted/

ETA
See Carm's post below which casts doubt (refutes) claim that CNN did post that particular distortion of an image.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:44 pm 

This is the one that is going to seriously hurt Obama's agenda. This is Selma 2015 in the civil rights movement.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:59 pm 

Hi LR :28
OMG, the emphasis of Obama's presser that he was "angry" is ludicrous. House of Cards!

Oregon shooting: Medical examiner rules gunman killed self, sheriff says

By Sara Sidner, Kyung Lah, Faith Karimi and Ryan Young, CNN
Updated 8:14 PM ET, Sat October 3, 2015

Roseburg, Oregon (CNN)Chris Harper-Mercer, the shooter behind the deadly rampage at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon, apparently committed suicide after exchanging gunfire with officers, Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin said Saturday.

A timeline released by investigators shows that the first 911 call about the Thursday's shooting came at 10:38 a.m.

Six minutes later, Hanlin said, two Roseburg police officers and a state trooper arrived on the scene. At 10:46 a.m., the officers exchanged gunfire with Harper-Mercer. Two minutes later, there was a report of "suspect down," according to the timeline.

Hanlin said the state medical examiner determined the gunman's death was a suicide. State police are investigating the shootout.

Also at link: http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/03/us/oregon-umpqua-community-college-shooting/
  • Father: Thoughts are with victims' families
  • The victims
  • 14 firearms found
  • The blog posts
  • No link to organized groups
  • Shooter was enrolled in class

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:10 pm 
ADMIN

Oregon Shooter's Father Blames Guns, Not Son, For Umpqua Murders

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:17 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH.....

Oregon Shooter’s Father Says He Had No Idea Son Had Firearms – “Mom” and “Manifesto” Still Seemingly Off Limits….
Posted on October 4, 2015 by sundance

[.....]
Ian Mercer (DAD) comes forward and says he had no idea his son had any firearms. He also claims the last time he saw his son was prior to Chris and Laurel moving to Oregon.

The parents divorce was in 2006 and Chris Mercer was always in the parental custody of his mom, Laurel Margaret Harper, so it is possible the father had no idea – but it strains a level of credulity that Mom and Son all-of-a-sudden took up a firearm hobby. Facebook statement before shooting by Mom:

It is increasingly odd how the media are refusing to seek out Laurel Margaret Harper, or highlight anything about her specific background as it relates to their travels, history and relationship. A reader only needs to remember Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) as a reference point for how the media went after the “mom angle” in a previous high-profile shooting.

In addition, it is increasingly odd how the envelope containing Chris Mercer’s manifesto along with a memory stick is apparently “off limits” for inquiry. Both the media and federal LEO appear to have a double-standard when it comes to releasing/discussing “manifestos”; see Dylan Roof (SC shooter).

A willingness on the media’s behalf to hide mom, and hide the manifesto, reflects a general sense that the information contained therein would run counter to a preferred media narrative. Additionally perplexing – after the police were questioned about the manifesto yesterday they said “no more press conferences would be forthcoming”.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ff-limits/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:50 pm 

Oh good grief, this guy wrote a manifesto too? :roll

I went and searched, saw a few quotes from it, but at the same time see where it is unpublished. I WANT TO READ the manifesto. Too many conflicting reports, hearsay from witnesses and speculation in the MSM right now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:43 pm 

My opinion is that the dad is a self absorbed asshole.

He is portraying his son as a victim.

Amazing chutzpah.

My opinion is that Chris Mercer was deeply disturbed as in chemically out of kilter and his mum's encouragement of Chris' delusions and her enablement of his gun possession is a big piece of the puzzle.

Chris was;

Booted from boot camp.

Turned away from a gun class.

Wore military clothing almost daily.

Needed to be shielded by the mum from some things such as bugs and children.

Took pleasure in abusing insects.

Possibly found solace as a stage hand which is an environment where quirky, moody and anti-social behavior is not unheard of.

Attended school for the emotionally challenged.

Seems to have never held a job.

Lived in a one bedroom apartment with his mum who appears to be an unstable enabler.

In short Chris sounds like a nutter.

Religious delusions are one of the most common delusions of the mentally ill. Mercer asked folks if they were a Christian when they responded yes, Mercer said a version of “Good, you'll see God in a second” People who didn’t answer the question or responded “no” were shot in the leg. As disturbing as it sounds this indicates to me that Mercer thought that Christians were ready to die so he killed them.

I think the most uncomfortable truth for the MSM so far is that Mercer is 1/2 black and he looks black, and he is black by Obama standards, it is an uncomfortable fact that doesn’t fit into the narrative that is espoused by the Left.

I think Mercer’s manifesto is likely heavy on BLM, FTP, and bizarre religious beliefs, I doubt we will ever see it because it does not fit the popular political narrative.

BTW I don't think CNN doctored the particular photo that is in the above post. There is no proof anywhere that I or others can find to show that CNN ever posted, telecast, or in anyway broadcast the lightened photo of Chris. It is a singular poster who made the unverified claim that CNN publicized the doctored photo. It's not that I don't think CNN would do such a thing, I just don't think that they did it in this particular incident.

PS Thank goodness for the edit button on this site :roll

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:34 pm 
ADMIN

Hey Carm

Thanks for heads up on CNN photo... I have to admit I just took it as a fact :eek

Mind you..... I took it as a fact so readily BECAUSE MSM do stuff like that. They are responsible for their own BAD reputation... because they are BAD (Mostly)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:35 pm 

I agree that the MSM does crap like this so it is easy to take as fact but so far no proof CNN ever ran it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:11 pm 

:doh TY carm for the 'trust but verify' reminder. Not on Twitter, the CNN photo rumor is definitely widespread cuz I overheard ppl in grocery checkout discussing it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 pm 

Seems to be the case but so far no one can link it back to CNN :98