It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:50 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:51 pm 
ADMIN

Was he abducted? Distraught parents beg for answers after their son, 2, VANISHED without a trace from an Idaho camp-site four days ago

• Deorr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell's son Deorr Kunz Jr. is missing
  • He went missing from the Timber Creek Campground in Leadore Friday
  • Police launched a widespread search for the tot spanning 2.5 miles
  • Search and rescue efforts were scaled down on Sunday, police said
  • But a spokesperson told Mail Online that it had 'not been called off'
  • Adding: 'We are no longer asking for outside help in the search'
  • Kunz Sr. said: 'Hope is what keeps it going the search is not over'

By Belinda Robinson For Dailymail.com
Published: 21:09 GMT, 14 July 2015 | Updated: 05:19 GMT, 15 July 2015

The distraught parents of a two-year-old boy who vanished in broad daylight from an Idaho campground are asking the public for leads to help find their boy.

Deorr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell's two-year-old son Deorr Kunz Jr. went missing from the Timber Creek Campground in Leadore around 2:30 p.m. on Friday.

Kunz said they had thought his grandparent was looking after him but the child's grandfather thought that his parents had him.

The boy's parents said that as soon as they realized that he was missing, they searched far and wide for him for 20 minutes before calling the police.

When police arrived they launched a widespread search for the tot spanning at least 2.5 miles.

The rescue effort included hundreds of volunteers, helicopters, search dogs and the Salmon Search and Rescue and the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office.

But they did not locate the child.

...more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-boy.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:53 pm 
ADMIN

A friend alerted me to this case. Mea Culpa, I knew nothing of it. I have only had a superficial look now.

I welcome posts by anybody with more knowledge of the case.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:34 pm 

Lemhi Idaho Sheriff opens up about DeOrr Kunz missing child case
August 18, 2015
Source:
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/lemhi-sheriff-opens-up-about-deorr-kunz-case/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:23 pm 

Here are some additional links to articles/videos on this case. There are more articles out there. The Aug 18 video/article with the sheriff provided by Dakota above, is the most recent.

Unedited interview with the parents of the missing child

Interview with the child's maternal grandmother
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/gr ... -vanished/

VIGIL HELD FOR MISSING TODDLER
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/vi ... e-mini-me/

Nate Eaton discusses missing toddler Deorr Kunz on Nancy Grace

DIVE CREWS USING GRID SYSTEM, FOOD COLORING IN SEARCH FOR DEORR
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/di ... for-deorr/

The following individuals were on this camping trip:

Deorr Kunz Jr (the missing toddler)
Deorr Kunz Sr (father of the missing toddler)
Jessica Mitchell (mother of the missing toddler)
Robert Walton (maternal great-grandfather of the missing toddler)
Isaac Reinwand (a friend of the great-grandfather)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:07 pm 
ADMIN

Welcome to RT, suzet :give

Long time no-see :blow

THX for links. I need to do some studying if I am to get a handle on this case.

You need a nice avatar pic. You can do that yourself, or point me at a pic you like and I can

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:25 pm 

Thanks for the welcome, Rumpole. :) I'll just use this old pic for now til I find something better.

I have been with this case since day 1. I hope this little boy is found. Poor little guy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:42 am 
ADMIN

Missing child not likely to turn out well. :(

Still alive is of course best hope.

GMTA I just went to grab your old WS avatar and you already did that :)

Search led be to "Anthony Home And Floor Plans" thread. Happy days.. and my first ever thread about anything anywhere.

It needs to be in a museum of important online stuff :lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:08 am 
ADMIN

Family Friend at Campsite: Deorr Kunz "Just Disappeared"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:18 am 
ADMIN

suzet

I have looked at all your links and more. I STILL dont have a clear idea about details.... or a theory about what happened. I just dont know enough. You had some ideas in your email... is there more info.

Since Deorr's body not found, and it is unlikely he was abducted, my initial thought is.. was he ever at the campsite? Did parents/family dispose of him on way to campsite? That would involve the GGfather and friend it a conspiracy to cover up the crime at the very least.. or maybe both of them confused (mental issues with Reinwand obviously, and GGf reportedly has "mental issues")

I just dont know enough

I am getting a sense of doom ... like a combination of Madeleine McCann and Caylee Anthony. Unless they find a body (or the child alive but abducted as a rank outside chance) I cant see this case being solved.

The parents scrub up ok.. dont appear evil.. but in missing child I always regard parents as possible suspecs (cf missing/dead wife... take a close look at husband)

Oh.. and PLEASE dont make me have to watch any more HLN/Nacy Grace/Jean Casarez :)
(Just when I thought I was safe from Nancy Grace... you pull me back in!) :doh

ETA
WHAT is the significance of rumor "visit to store" With "filthy" crying child?
I see time of "6:00PM" mentioned. I assume on Friday. Isnt that well after child missing? I see now parents say it was them? But a 1PM.. I assume on Friday and they left there to go back to camp site? and soon after Deorr missing?

BTW anybody you know is welcome to read here, and contribute if they want.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:10 pm 
ADMIN

Family friend not a suspect in case of missing 2-year-old, sheriff says
By Nate Sunderland, EastIdahoNews.com | Posted Jul 27th, 2015 @ 10:43am

DAHO FALLS — The third individual who was at the Leadore campsite when two-year-old Deorr Kunz Jr. disappeared said he has no idea what happened to the toddler.

Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman confirmed Isaac Reinwand, 35, of Idaho Falls, was at the Timber Creek Campground on July 10 alongside Deorr's parents Jessica Mitchell and Deorr Kunz Sr. and his as yet unnamed great-grandfather.

The sheriff's office had previously withheld Reinwand's name, referring to him only as a family friend at the campsite.

Over the weekend Reinwand's name was widely publicized on social media, leading to Bowerman confirming the detail to EastIdahoNews.com.

"Yes, he was at the scene," Bowerman said in an email. "He's (been) a personal friend of grandpa's for about five years. We are treating him no differently than the family, he has been questioned numerous times, and has been to the scene with me."

...more at link
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=35680592

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:44 pm 
ADMIN

:OT

I have plucked up the courage to read (skim) at some of my old Forum stomping grounds, who shall remain nameless (and hopeless)

They have learned NOTHING in my absence. I have in the past, tried to tell owners and admin where they are going wrong!! The very same idiotic, unintelligent, uninformed Mods, Admin, and posters are banging out the same daft mantra "don't bash the victim" "This is a victim friendly site"

Really?

They miss totally the friggin point that a crime DISCUSSION site is supposedly "in the business" of ascertaining WHO the victim is. To assume guilt (or innocence) from the outset is contray to the justice system we all supposedly cherish.

Clearly a missing person (child) is a victim in one sense, but it is ridiculous to assume close relations are "victims" that can not be scrutinized.

It is equally WRONG in murder cases (for instance), to assume the defendant is guilty and the deceased bears no blame, no part, in events that lead up to a death.The details of the deceased and those associated does need to be investigated. These "victim friendly" forums are better described as....
Hysterical Cyber Lynch Mobs. Image

They DECREE a victim before facts are known, then refuse to entertain facts about that "victim". And .....declaring a victim is but a stepping stone to then DECREE a suspect, and declare him GUILTY. (despite all evidence, and details) They are all about HATE of a declared perp and not support (whatever that means) for victims.

I just skimmed through a few pages at an old forum,Some nostalgia seeing the old place again, but the same old pedantic biased mods are treating posters like naughty children. Some of the posters deserve it mind you. Naughty little tattle-tales vying to be "teacher's pet". I see bitching and arguing between posters over ridiculous points of order :roll and biased Mods with pet posters. Apparently some posts simply deleted for quite arbitrary reasons. I see Bannings and Time-outs for naughty posters, and from time to time threads locked and naughty children given a TO en masse :lol

And technically....the place is awash with distracting adverts that add to already slow to load pages, hard to read, the format is crap, and it's hard to navigate.

Random Topics has got to seem like heaven? They should BEG me to let them join RT. :cool

How can you expect to have ADULT conversation and discussion when you are regarded and treated a "Naughty Children" by pedantic "School Marm" Moderators? :TF

If anybody has contact (PM) at the old crap "dinosaur" forums, please ask them to look in a RT. Contribute if they are inclined to. Bear in mind I knew nothing of THIS CASE prior to yesterday, so there is not a lot here yet, but the point is that RT is a MUCH BETTER PLATFORM to post stuff and discuss. A forum always does rely for content on Members' contributions. At least here you can contribute freely, instead of posting in fear of pedantic School Marm moderators and admin, and nasty argumentative posters, too stupid to grasp how stupid they are, let alone engage in a rational discussion.

It would be nice to be "sleuthing" a case that is NOT mired in politics, BGI and controversy. It is how I started online with the Casey Anthony saga.

ETA - A note on small forums
I KNOW it takes a bit of getting used to that at a small forum like this you may have to wait/come back to see any response to a post. You may not even get a response. That is just how it is. It may seem like a negative, but if you take an honest look at the inane chatter spread over pages and pages at large forums, it is no great loss. It is hard to read drivel for the most part (I just tried) and interesting links and comments are lost amongst crap.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:41 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Missing child not likely to turn out well. :(

Still alive is of course best hope.

GMTA I just went to grab your old WS avatar and you already did that :)

Search led me to "Anthony Home And Floor Plans" thread. Happy days.. and my first ever thread about anything anywhere.

It needs to be in a museum of important online stuff :lol

Awww, I know. I went through the Anthony Home pics and wow, we did such a good job on that. I enjoyed seeing the photos again. You're the one who first had the idea of making a floor plan. We had a nice little group.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:03 am 

Rumpole wrote:
suzet

I have looked at all your links and more. I STILL dont have a clear idea about details.... or a theory about what happened. I just dont know enough. You had some ideas in your email... is there more info.

Since Deorr's body not found, and it is unlikely he was abducted, my initial thought is.. was he ever at the campsite? Did parents/family dispose of him on way to campsite? That would involve the GGfather and friend it a conspiracy to cover up the crime at the very least.. or maybe both of them confused (mental issues with Reinwand obviously, and GGf reportedly has "mental issues")

I just dont know enough

I am getting a sense of doom ... like a combination of Madeleine McCann and Caylee Anthony. Unless they find a body (or the child alive but abducted as a rank outside chance) I cant see this case being solved.

The parents scrub up ok.. dont appear evil.. but in missing child I always regard parents as possible suspecs (cf missing/dead wife... take a close look at husband)

Oh.. and PLEASE dont make me have to watch any more HLN/Nacy Grace/Jean Casarez :)
(Just when I thought I was safe from Nancy Grace... you pull me back in!) :doh

ETA
WHAT is the significance of rumor "visit to store" With "filthy" crying child?
I see time of "6:00PM" mentioned. I assume on Friday. Isnt that well after child missing? I see now parents say it was them? But a 1PM.. I assume on Friday and they left there to go back to camp site? and soon after Deorr missing?

BTW anybody you know is welcome to read here, and contribute if they want.

Hey, I was glad I didn't have to sit through Nancy on this one. Jean drives me batty, but Nancy is a bit harder to take, imo.

The thing about this case is the lack of cold hard facts. LE is pretty tight lipped on this whole thing and apparently the parents stopped talking to the media way back in July. If it wasn't for that reporter, Nate Eaton, we wouldn't have anything. I've been all over the place with my thoughts on the sheriff. At first I was ticked off that he didn't secure the area right away, but the more I learn about the case, and the vastness of the area, the more I think he did a good job with what he was dealing with. I think the sheriff has a pretty good idea of what happened and maybe he is waiting for the FBI to come back with their findings once they analyze the physical evidence (we don't know what type of evidence they collected) and apparently some behavior analysis (what this involved, we do not know). I sure hope they know a lot more than they're letting on. I feel like I'm jumping all over the place because I don't know where to start. There is a rumor that the sheriff might have some ties to the family of Deorr. It's a rumor, so take it as such for now.

Personally, and this is my opinion only not based on facts, I do not think GGfather nor Reinwand (the friend) had anything to do with this. This is my opinion only. I think they both got mixed up in this and didn't know what hit them. I don't believe they are involved in any kind of conspiracy to cover up the crime, if there was one. In fact, I wonder if either of them ever saw the little boy at all. Again, just my opinion....one of my theories anyway.

I don't think the GGfather is as incompetent as some have made him out to be. Geez, I'm so used to having to defend everything I say on another board and having my posts deleted, I'm not sure how to act. In my opinion only, and I have no way to know any of this, just a hunch, is that it is best for those involved if GGfather is made to look less competent than he is to a) protect him from the wrath of some people, especially those on facebook (and believe me, those people are ruthless) because of his age and b) perhaps GGfather is being influenced in some way so that he doesn't say the wrong thing. I sure hope LE interviewed him at the beginning of this case, because I am sure now it is too late. He has most likely already been told what to say and what not to say by the family and perhaps even feeding him details until he agrees to believe them. Again, my opinion only... not based on any facts. I could be totally wrong. GGfather, according to something someone from another board mentioned, got a speeding ticket a few weeks ago. Rumor has it that he was one of the drivers up to the camp, so he is not some feeble minded old guy. I don't believe he is anyway.

I find it odd that GGfather has never once been interviewed publicly. There has never ever been a DIRECT quote from the GGfather as to what happened. There have been quotes from the paternal grandfather and the maternal grandmother, but neither of those two people were at the campsite when all this went down, so everything they say is heresay you have to take with a grain of salt. I will get to Reinwand later.

About the store siting: During the interview with the parents of the missing toddler, the reporter asked them if there was anything they wanted to clear up. The mother, Jessica, stated that there was a rumor going around that a store clerk says there was a man in a black truck at the store buying candy for a little blonde boy (the store was the Stage Shop, I believe) and that the boy was filthy and bawling. Jessica said this apparent siting was on Friday at 6 pm. The father stated that he was still at camp searching for the boy, like everyone else, so that it couldn't be him. There's more to it in the interview, but I don't have a transcript handy.

The message boards went on and on about this siting. I actually believed this siting did occur, but I believed back in July, that if the 6pm time was correct, that it must have happened the night before (Thursday night) not Friday night. One of my early theories was that the family arrived at the campsite on Thursday, or earlier, just a hunch, but I couldn't say anything about that theory on one of the message boards because that would mean the parents were lying and we weren't allowed to say (or think?) such a thing.

In the course of the investigation it was discovered that the family actually did arrive on Thursday, not Friday. The parents, from what I understand, may have lead LE to believe they arrived on Friday, not Thursday. Maybe I'm wrong on that, it is impossible to know, but why would they not want anyone to know they arrived on Thursday, I wonder. They had plenty of time to correct the error but didn't, as far as I know.

In the interview with the parents, when the reporter asks them what day they arrived, the father said something about not knowing what day it was today and by saying that, he never really answered the question as to what day they arrived at the campsite. Now, who knows, maybe they did tell LE that they arrived on Thursday, but LE said they found out in the course of the investigation (or something to that affect) that the family arrived on Thursday, not Friday. Again, cold hard facts are hard to come by in this case. Please don't take anything I say as cold hard facts. They are just hunches on my part and my opinion only.

If the clerk got the time wrong, if it wasn't 6 pm, then did the siting occur on Friday at 1 pm like the parents said it did? Who knows!? I'm still going with Thursday night though, my opinion only. I think it is important, this siting, if indeed the child the clerk saw was the little boy, because she would be the last person to see him alive outside of the four campers (if indeed GGfather and Reinwand saw him at all). My opinion only, not based on any facts. We don't know any facts!

I'll add more soon.

Last edited by suzet on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:19 am 
ADMIN

Thanks Suzet.

You know more than me.. so I dont mind you posting info (and opinions).

The essence of any investigation is to pose theories, that can be evaluate by seeing how they hold up against any evidence.

THAT is the basis of scientific research (investigation)

As you say, the frustrating thing about this case is that there are FEW facts that theories can be tested against :doh

I am looking with only superficial knowledge of facts... I have watched what vids and interviews there are etc.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:22 am 

Rumpole wrote:
Family Friend at Campsite: Deorr Kunz "Just Disappeared"

Ah, here it is, the second most talked about video interview, the first being the interview with the parents. It is my belief, and I have nothing to base this opinion on, that Reinwand got caught in a **it storm. Yes he has a record, yes he answered the door half naked, yes he was mumbling and you couldn't really get a straight answer out of him besides Umm hmmm, and yes he appeared to be really "out of it".... until they mentioned GGfather. It was then he kind of perked up and stopped mumbling. Interesting, isn't it?

I think, my opinion only, that Reinwand isn't the bumbling boofas that he appears to be. It might be to his advantage to keep acting that way though. I think he is trying to distance himself from this child's disappearance by acting like this. Playing dumb. From his FB page, he is actually pretty good at restoring bikes. He must have some coherent moments in his life in order to pull that off. Maybe he knows more than what he is saying, and maybe he never saw little Deorr at all, but the odd fact is that the parents, in their interview, never once mentioned Reinwand... almost like he wasn't there, but the sheriff says he was. I don't think this guy had anything to do with the disappearance of this little boy. He might only be guilty of being himself. He's such a perfect target.

Some people wondered why Reinwand was friends with the GGfather, given the age difference. FB rumor has it they were once neighbors. This statement was made by the maternal grandmother. I saw it on FB before she deleted it. The other rumor was that they met in AA. I never saw that posted anywhere but on another message board. So it's all still rumor anyway.

Kudos to the reporter who tried numerous times to talk to Reinwand and finally succeeded.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:38 am 
ADMIN

I can not refute your theories... yet :)

That is all part of a logical approach too. You hold on to a theory until you CAN prove it is inconsistent with known facts, as they become known. But... more advice to posters at some places... you do have to LET GO of your theory in the face of facts... Either modify it or abandon it altogether.

I cant believe there is a conspiracy of 4 to fabricate a complete lie, but there is a chance that some are lying (or mistaken) about detail.

Abduction and child still alive is BEST scenario, but I think unlikely.

Child wandering off.. parents perhaps negligent.. is nicest theory that is left.

That means there MUST be some traces to find.. clothing and boots at least... awful to contemplate I know.

That's as far as I got so far

Unless.... we take a leaf out of the ANT family case... abducted by an Alien named Zanny?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:00 am 

Rumpole wrote:
suzet

I just dont know enough

There are ways that GGfather and his friend could assume the little boy is present at camp without ever really seeing him. First off, while the sheriff says the parents arrived on Thursday night. No one ever specifically came out and said what day/time GGfather and Reinwand arrived. What if they didn't arrive til Friday?

You aren't the only one that has mentioned that they feel like the case will go cold, but I have hope. I think the case will progress some anyway. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much, because they've been dashed before (Haleigh C., among others and it hurt like hell), but I feel like either the poor little boy will be found or that some evidence will turn up or that the FBI's findings might lead to something. I think they should continue to search the campgrounds and also search neighboring campsites and get the word out to hunters and other campers to keep a look out and report anything they find that might help in this case. This little guy needs to be found.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:03 am 
ADMIN

Missing toddler's grandfather believes boy was abducted
Dean Johnson, KTVB 5:57 p.m. MDT July 17, 2015

LEADORE, Idaho - "He's just my buddy. I can't imagine the world without him," DeOrr Kunz Jr.'s grandfather, DeOrr Kunz, said.

The 2-year-old was on a fishing trip with his parents, great-grandfather, and a friend of his great-grandfather when the boy went missing July 10th. Search-and-rescue crews have still not found a trace of the missing child, which is leading family members to stick by their initial thought of an abduction.

"If he had gotten up there and fell or an animal got him there would be something left behind and there's just absolutely nothing," DeOrr Kunz said.

...more at link
http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/id ... /30321903/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:06 am 
ADMIN

I read a comment regarding the vid in the above article, opining on the theory that Deorr likely drowned in the creek, and his body swept away...

Quote:
Most likely the child stepped over the edge of the steep bank and tumbled into the creek , just a bounce or two and he is in the water , no scent trail for dogs to follow

Look at the creek , many deep spots , water runs over large rocks , around large rocks , and under large rocks. The body is likely caught deep under one of those rocks , held there by the undercurrent , invisible to searchers , not traceable by dogs

It even looks like the water stream percolates underground in one place and rejoins again on the left side at 1:57 in the video

Plenty of places to trap a small body that is 1/10 the the size of some rocks
And the water current running under the rock will hold it there for a long time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next