It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:16 pm 

Hi Rumpole, If I remember right in the interview that I saw the officer ( I think he is a sheriff) said nothing has been ruled out. He did say that he is 99% certain that DeOrr was at the campground. That was a hmmm...

I'm more the type to TO myself rather than be herded :86 WS is IMO a bin of nutters. I never do anything worthy of a fish so I have no need to invest in fish repellent :69 .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:40 pm 
ADMIN

I have mellowed in my old age (online experience) there IS a place for larger forums.. lots of eyes finding links etc.
But like twitter... I no longer wish to join the inmates in inane chatter... I appreciate as another source of updates

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:39 am 

Carm, unless the search team mentions a variable in a body of water they haven't excluded It is ruled out. Even in shallow water situations they consider and rule out previously unknown deep fissures, pockets sinkholes etc. the creek is rocky so they check above, below and around rocks for hidden areas and currents just like deep water. If there are beavers in the area they check banks & bed especially then poke through any debris natural/man made. The water just isn't a place I can pin my hopes.

Idk if the parents/adults just got distracted at a moment when DeOrr got curious and wandered, or if a human or animal interfered or what happened at this point. I'd love to think some furry creature adopted the toddler and he's having a wonderful adventure learning all about wild berries Nuts etc & a soft nest hidden too well for searchers keen eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:14 am 

The experts have said DeOrr is not in the water, but experts have been wrong, it is impossible for them to account for every variable. That is a fast moving creek that could have done severe damage to the constitution of a small, tender, little body. Someone mentioned up thread that if DeOrr is in the water there is a good chance that there is not an intact body to find. Boots and clothing can easily be caught in the undercurrent of roots, debris and the other million nooks and crannies in the creek.

The reservoir is considered small, shallow (how deep I don't know) and clear. I grew up on a lake, I simply won’t rule out the water and all the nooks and crannies of a fast moving creek. Experts have been wrong before.

I think the creek and reservoir are unlikely because DeOrr’s scent was not picked up anywhere at the campsite and because the experts say the water has been ruled out. I am still not 100% certain that his body is not there.

I'm not sure if the filthy crying blonde boy and stranger in a black truck is a red herring or a profoundly dumb criminal. Who would abduct a child and then stop with said crying child right near the abduction site? it isn’t logical or in line with a criminal of even average intelligence or even common street smarts enjoyed by low IQ criminals..

And good grief, who leaves a baby with these two people, anywhere, let alone a campsite with a steep drop off, a fast moving creek and a reservoir?

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/id ... /30799181/

The sheriff says the great-grandfather is not considered a suspect due to his declining physical and mental health.

The Idaho State Repository shows Reinwand was charged with felony rape in 2006, but was then amended down to misdemeanor domestic battery

No way no how, something is rotten in Idaho, even if it is just parents making the dumbest and most devastating decision of their lives.

I just read that the area is frequented by bears, wolves and mountain lions but there is no evidence that DeOrr was attacked by one of the wild creatures. Nature is a master deceiver so this is another thing I would not rule out.

I can't imagine any parent I know leaving an almost 3 year old alone with the two men DeOrr was left with. Just amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:09 pm 

just refreshed on a few articles ...the sheriff is confident the boy will be found, dispels abduction
Anyone know otoh what date that YouTube interview was done of parents?

Whenever it was it was just after search said no body or sign in the water. On one of the news site comments they were making a deal of cremains dropped 8 days before DeOrr went missing. The grid search found cremains particles. So here's one we haven't excluded...A boat or canoe :D not my idea but it's got potential

Everyone is saying the younger guy was grandpas friend but how acquainted was grandpa or parents with this guy?

Too many unresolved variables...FBI been involved for weeks...they know something...they aren't telling...infuriating damnit :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:37 pm 

I read somewhere that the friend was a former neighbor of the Great Grandpa, I don't know how accurate the statement is though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:04 pm 

Lurking Reader wrote:
Anyone know otoh what date that YouTube interview was done of parents?

The parents' interview (YouTube) was done during the day, Monday, July 13th. They were still searching on Sunday night.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:12 pm 

Carmelita wrote:
I'm not sure if the filthy crying blonde boy and stranger in a black truck is a red herring or a profoundly dumb criminal. Who would abduct a child and then stop with said crying child right near the abduction site? it isn’t logical or in line with a criminal of even average intelligence or even common street smarts enjoyed by low IQ criminals..

The sighting at the store was initially said to have been Deorr sr with little Deorr.
A man in a black truck with a little blonde child that was filthy and bawling. The man was buying him candy. Deorr sr's response to that was, "Here's the problem, I have a black truck."
The store sighting was supposed to have been at 6 pm Friday evening, according to what the parents stated in their interview. Deorr sr said it couldn't have been him at the store because he was searching for the boy at that time. Remember, we never did hear a statement from the store clerk as to what time/day this sighting ocurred. LE has though and has never come out and said it was not a legitimate sighting like they did with the Walmart siting, (the false Walmart siting is not even worth mentioning) so it makes me believe the Stage Shop store sighting even more.

Some people, including me, believe the store sighting was actually on Thursday night and that it was indeed Deorr sr and little Deorr. Then I recently found a statement written by the maternal grandmother (Trina Bates Clegg) who said, "They had to go to Leadore for female items and bought my Dad and baby DeOrr candy. This has been verified by the cashier."

So indeed, Deorr sr did go to the store with little Deorr to buy candy, according to the statement by the maternal grandmother. Although she was saying this trip to the store was Friday morning. It's all as clear as mud.

Anyhow, do a search on her name and you will find other statements she made. Remember, though, she was not at the campsite when the baby went missing, but I do believe she has some helpful information, like who supposedly slept where and what cars they drove to get to the campsite.

Lurking Reader wrote:
On one of the news site comments they were making a deal of cremains dropped 8 days before DeOrr went missing.

Everyone is saying the younger guy was grandpas friend but how acquainted was grandpa or parents with this guy?

Hmmm... I have never seen anything that said the cremains were dropped 8 days before Deorr went missing. Many believed it to have taken place while the search was in progress. Hmmm... That's the thing, hard facts are hard to come by in this case.

According to Trina, the maternal grandmother, GGP and his friend were neighbors at one time. Other people on other message boards stated that the two met at AA, according to something they read on FB, so take it all for what it's worth. It makes sense, though, especially with the age difference between the two.
Deorr sr and Jessica said they had never met GGP's friend before.

If the store sighting is true, and I have always believed it to be, I do believe little Deorr was at least in Leadore at the store. But I believe that was Thursday night, not Friday morning... That said, though, I do believe there was an additional trip to the store Friday morning, just like they said. I do not believe little Deorr was present during that Friday morning trip. But, that's just my theory.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:38 pm 

It was the Sheriff that stated in the interview with the reporter (video) that a couple somehow got into the search area the next day and put cremains in the water.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:57 pm 

Quote:
It's all as clear as mud.

Exactly this, it is curious how little information is available and how even the little information that is available is conflicting.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:19 pm 
ADMIN

Quote:
Also there is a photo on DK's sister's (TOT) FB cover photo of Deorr with his camo jacket and two little hot wheels sitting at a restaurant.

Anybody got the photo or the fb link?

ETA
I found it :)

Sources tell me..... it's a picture of a restaurant in Idaho Falls, Mitchell's Restaurant.

Not restaurant in Leadore on way to campsite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:57 am 

Thanks on YouTube date...trying to compile a list of changing narratives, even the names weren't a fixed target DeOrr Sr ...in an article is grandpa who was not camping...so trying to hold off till I know more.

Will make a note to reference article w cremains

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:08 am 

Thanks Lurking for doing research.

Rumople, is that picture of DeOrr supposed to be taken during the camping trip before he went missing or has it always been represented as a picture from a different time?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:55 pm 

Carmelita wrote:
Rumople, is that picture of DeOrr supposed to be taken during the camping trip before he went missing or has it always been represented as a picture from a different time?

The photo of little DeOrr in the restaurant was not taken during the camping trip. The restaurant in the photo is in Idaho Falls, not Leadore. I thought there might be the slightest chance the photo was taken the day they left for Leadore, but we have no proof of that whatsoever. It's a long shot. The photo does show the camo fleece jacket and the Carter's sports blanket, though, which is why I thought that a possibility, slight as it may be.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:10 pm 

Lurking Reader wrote:
Thanks on YouTube date...trying to compile a list of changing narratives, even the names weren't a fixed target DeOrr Sr ...in an article is grandpa who was not camping...so trying to hold off till I know more.

Will make a note to reference article w cremains

Thanks for doing this. Here's a starter which you probably already have:

The following individuals below were on this camping trip:

Deorr Kunz Jr (the missing toddler)
Deorr Kunz Sr (father of the missing toddler)
Jessica Mitchell (mother of the missing toddler)
Robert Walton (maternal great-grandfather of the missing toddler)
Isaac Reinwand (a friend of the great-grandfather)

The following individuals below were not on this camping trip, but have made statements to the press:

Trina Bates Clegg (maternal grandmother to the missing toddler - this is Jessica's mother)
DeOrr Kunz Sr Sr - wasn't sure how else to put it (paternal grandfather to the missing toddler - this is DeOrr Sr's father)

I think there are middle names to the DeOrr males that will help us to distinguish them from one another, but I don't know what those middle names are at this time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:14 pm 
ADMIN

RESEARCH LINKS
I do have some links to PUBLIC fb pages etc which I will post so that people CAN do research.
Naturally... I dont want "Doxing" of personal info and photos, but there may be info and photos relevant to the "case"

Facebook links:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:04 am 

GoFundMe started for private search for missing Idaho toddler Deorr Kunz Jr

Examiner.com | Sept 2, 2015, 1:40PM MST
By Marilisa Sachteleben

A private search is being launched for missing Idaho toddler Deorr Kunz Jr.

A GoFundme was started for a private search for Idaho toddler Deorr Kunz Jr was. The online crowd fund begun on August 31 only raised a little the first few days. But as of September 2, the "Baby Deorr Private Search Fund" is gaining steam. The GoFundMe page states it is not affiliated with the Kunz family, Mom Jessica Mitchell or dad Deorr Kunz Sr. So far it's raised over $900 of the $2,500 needed. It will pay for a search dog team to begin around early October. This endeavor has police blessing and is waiting on the FBI report.
[...]
Wild animal attack was suggested. But an exhaustive search by police, missing child experts and the FBI yielded zero evidence: no clothing scraps, blood, hair, not even any DNA to show he was in the area. The nearby Stone Reservoir was searched by divers and produced nothing except evidence that someone had poured cremains there and contaminated the search.

( Ya gotta read the rest of the story ... ;) )

More at link: http://www.examiner.com/article/gofundme-started-for-private-search-for-missing-idaho-toddler-deorr-kunz-jr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:09 am 
ADMIN

Parents issue statement on two month anniversary of Deorr Kunz disappearance
Updated at 5:54 pm, September 10th, 2015 By: Nate Eaton

IDAHO FALLS – The parents of DeOrr Kunz Jr, the toddler last seen while camping with his family in July, issued a statement Thursday evening on the two month anniversary of their sons disappearance.
[.....]
Jessica Mitchell and DeOrr Kunz Sr. issued the following statement to EastIdahoNews.com Thursday:

“Please keep your eyes out for our precious baby boy. We miss him so much and just want him home where he belongs. If you have our son, please don’t hurt him just bring him home to us. We love you so much Lil Man. Thank you to everyone for your loving words and kindness.”

...more at link
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/09/pa ... ppearance/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:02 am 
ADMIN

Kunz family private investigator receives “solid” tip on toddlers disappearance
Updated at 12:56 pm, September 14th, 2015 By: Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com

IDAHO FALLS – A private investigator working with the family of DeOrr Kunz Jr. says he’s working several “solid leads” that could lead to information on the missing Idaho Falls toddler.

Frank Vilt, a retired US Marshal, says he recently received information on his tip line about a potential person of interest and a possible suspect vehicle. He is waiting to consult with Lemhi and Bonneville County detectives, before releasing specific details to the public.

...more at link
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/09/ku ... ppearance/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:06 am 
ADMIN

New leads in missing DeOrr Kunz case
Luke Jones
POSTED: 10:34 PM MDT Sep 14, 2015 UPDATED: 12:11 AM MDT Sep 15, 2015

SWAN VALLEY, Idaho - A new lead is being investigated by a private detective in the search for missing 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr.

Kunz was reported missing from the Timber Creek Campground near Leadore on July 10.

After several weeks of searching, the family enlisted the help of Montpelier-based private detective Frank Vilt. Vilt said there have been several tips about a suspicious man nearby in Leadore and further away in Swan Valley, east of Idaho Falls.

The man is described as being in his 50s and having whitish, gray hair with curls at the bottom. He was driving a new-looking black Jeep Rubicon.

Kunz's mother recalls seeing the man at a store in Leadore the morning of her son's disappearance. Vilt said a couple reported seeing a similar-looking man July 18 -- first while hiking in the Palisades and later at a convenience store in Swan Valley.

The woman who saw the man in Swan Valley asked Local News 8 not to identify her, but she said the man "was just staring at my family, just watching us."

...more at link
http://www.localnews8.com/news/new-lead ... e/35276162

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next