It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:30 am 
ADMIN

Kunz Private Investigator responds to Reinwand interview
Updated at 10:15 pm, January 26th, 2016 By: Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com

IDAHO FALLS — The private investigator looking into the disappearance of DeOrr Kunz Jr. took time Tuesday to watch the interview EastIdahoNews.com did with Isaac Reinwand.

Reinwand is the only non-family member who was camping at Timber Creek Campground on July 10 when DeOrr Kunz Jr. disappeared.

The Kunz family hired Philip Klein, a private investigator based in Texas, to look into the case.

He and his team watched the Reinwand interview with EastIdahoNews.com reporter Nate Eaton. Click on the video above to see their thoughts about the conversation and what they say is next in the investigation.

Video at link
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/ku ... interview/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:40 am 
ADMIN

Kunz Private Investigator responds to Reinwand interview

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:43 am 
ADMIN

DANG!! That Texas PI knows his True gossip Forums :slap

Love the bit around 4:20......

"There are some real nitwits who think they're junior investigators"

I KNOW the ones he is talking about :lol

SOME of them (might?) know it too....I see comments that Klein is "condescending" and "unprofessional" , but the bulk of them are just too dim to recognize themselves in that description. :roll

And Klein has the AFFRONT to dis their new bff, and fellow retard... Isaac Reinwand :eek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:09 pm 

First, what the hell is Klein going on about that he knows Reinwand was not told by law enforcement that he could not talk about certain things? Reinwand said that under the advisement of his attorney that he was not going to talk about certain things. That was a statement calculated to mislead by Klein in my opinion.

A 4 hour window is interesting, I wonder what he is talking about.

Ignorant mean spirited dullards on social media (nit wits for short :Gslap ) intimidating witnesses by attacking people who dare to be open to possibilities and follow the evidence is the dead on truth. I haven’t read any of the Hate sites in a very long time but I have no doubt from past experience that this is true. Emotions, confirmation bias and the "camaraderie of nit wits" :69 , trump facts on these sites and I am sure they harm investigations.

Why is Klein 99.9% sure DeOrr is dead? What 4 hour window is he talking about? Why would he say Reinwand said something when it is easy to verify Reinwand did not say it? How can Reinwand know any more than the parents know? Does Klein think that the parents are being more honest with him than they were with Vilt? Why doesn’t he lose some weight so he can comfortably sit on a couch?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:19 pm 
ADMIN

Yeah.... LOTS of questions Carm....
The point is .. apart from posing such questions, there is not much else to be done, other than WAIT for more information to be released. The INSANITY starts when people ANSWER such questions with "information" they pull out if their ass...... then start to believe it and argue it fervently.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:44 pm 
ADMIN

Hey Carm... I found better copy of "Fuzzy letter" (page 1 and 2) :)

Former DeOrr Kunz Investigator Releases Letter Suspicious of Parents
January 27, 2016 Neal Larson Breaking, Featured

Idaho Falls, Idaho – The former investigator in the missing Idaho toddler case says he is suspicious of the parents in a newly released letter. Frank G. Vilt with the Idaho Investigative Service sent the parents of DeOrr Kunz Jr. a letter in September. In the letter, a copy of which was sent to KID, he tells DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell both of them had mislead him. “In my professional opinion, both of you lied and misrepresented true facts that could solve the mystery of your missing son.” He continues to say, “I believe that the searches will all be nonproductive. The searches are only used by you to cover a possible crime that one or both of you may have committed.” He suggests that the parents fully cooperate with the Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office and tell the truth. “I do not appreciate the fact that one or both of you are spreading rumors that you paid me. I also feel that you are exploiting the public for financial gain.” At the end of the letter he states that he expects to be reimbursed for the cost he incurred throughout the investigation. A full interview with Frank Vilt will air Thursday morning on the Neal Larson Show. The letter is shown below:

Spoiler:

...more at link
http://590kid.com/2016/01/27/letter-fro ... kunz-case/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:07 pm 

Thanks Rumpole. That is really a poorly written letter by Vilt, it was hard to tell in the first version because it was so fuzzy. Anyhow it appears that Vilt believes that Vernal and Jessica are guilty and swindlers to boot.

Chat with you later if you are about.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm 
ADMIN

Yeah I guess its a reminder that prerequisites for "Being a PI" do not include skills in English/communication :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:54 pm 

I do like that Vilt stated in writing that his fee waiver was contingent on Vernal and Jessica's honesty and he is now demanding payment. Writing skills aside if he had this arrangement with them and they breeched it by being dishonest they owe Vilt a lot of money.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:21 pm 
ADMIN

Here is Vilt an radio interview...

Former Kunz investigator: DeOrr Kunz and Jessica Mitchell lied about son’s disappearance
Updated at 3:16 pm, January 27th, 2016 By: Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com

IDAHO FALLS — A former private investigator working for Jessica Mitchell and DeOrr Kunz Sr. has released a letter he wrote the couple in September when he terminated their working relationship.

Frank Vilt agreed to investigate the disappearance of DeOrr Kunz, Jr. at the request of the Kunz family last August. A month later, he says he removed himself from the case.

Philip Klein, a private investigator from Texas, later picked up the case.

Vilt tells EastIdahoNews.com he is publicly releasing the letter to clear up any misconceptions people may have about why he walked away from the prominent investigation.

In the letter, dated Sept. 25, 2015, Vilt writes:

“I told both of you that if I felt that you were not telling the truth, stalling me, or otherwise misleading me, that I would withdraw from the investigation. In my professional opinion, both of you lied and misrepresented the true facts that could solve the mystery of your missing son.”

Vilt spoke with EastIdahoNews.com reporter Nate Eaton about the letter and what he believes may have happened with DeOrr Jr. Click on the video above to listen to that conversation.

...more at link
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/former-kunz-p-i/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:48 pm 
ADMIN

Although I have some sympathy for Vilt.... he is hardly an asset to the investigation.

The whole "pre-arranged adoption" thing is worthy of the sort of thing that True Gossip Forum posters pull out of their asses and spew across a forum as a "theory". What I have referred to as "Alien abduction hypothesis" in the past. One can voice ANYTHING as a theory and fit the known facts around it. The old "Everyone is entitled to an opinion" schtick. That is NOT the same as proposing a valid null hypothesis to be tested by known, and subsequent evidence. It is what might be called a "religious" approach.. based on faith and DENIAL of reality.

Maybe I am being a bit harsh. Abduction is certainly a theory worth investigating (and eliminating). The variation on that.. a theory that (for some REASON) the parent(s) might arrange to be rid of a child and "arrange" an abduction/adoption. The REALLY fanciful part is doing it in this manner... with a staged VERY PUBLIC event. To FAKE a missing/abducted/dead child event.... that you know will involve massive searches and a full-on police investigation. That makes it VERY unlikely from the outset ... to say the least!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:57 pm 
ADMIN

Sheriff Bowerman battling the "nitwits"

Lemhi County Sheriff's Office on fb
https://www.facebook.com/LemhiCountyShe ... e/?fref=nf

Visitor post:
Quote:
Tanya Metzger to Lemhi County Sheriff's Office
Yesterday at 1:21pm ·

Sheriff Bowerman, I have followed this investigation very closely from the beginning. I have some questions that I'd like you to answer.
Why did you state all along that you didn't suspect the parents? Have you considered that the only new element in baby Deorr's life is the family friend? Why had he always been safe, loved, and Happy until this trip? Mr. Reinwald didn't cooperate, didn't take a polygraph, and was missing for over an hour. Where was he? I want the truth just as much as the family does but how can you prosecute without a body, without a crime, without solid evidence? Right now, all we have is statements that the child is gone. How does that transfer to a homicide? Maybe lying to the police and filing a false police report, wasting resources. But, homicide? Don't just pick a person to charge to please the public. ..we want you to find the child.
2 Likes6 Comments1 Share

Sheriff Bowerman's reply:
Quote:
Lemhi County Sheriff's Office

First of all, you have your information wrong. Mr Reinwand, not Reinwald, has cooperated and taken a polygraph. It was inconclusive, because of medical condition, and we were aware that it would be inconclusive. The time he was missing, was while he was looking for Deorr. He could not have walked far enough to get outside our search area. FLIR was used by a helicopter that night. Deorr was not in the search area, and my two scent dogs should of found him within that 3 mile radius that we initially searched. Deorr was not there. I have never said that I was going to charge anyone with a homicide....check your facts. All I want is the truth, and the parents are being less than truthful. That comes from the experts.......... Sheriff Bowerman
Like 20 · Reply 5 · 6 hours ago

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:39 pm 
ADMIN

I don't KNOW what is going on with the LE investigation.. so just speculation on my part... it seems to me that this flurry of released statements.. basically naming parent(s) as prime suspects.. and raising expectations that some sort of "break in the case" is imminent.. is to some extent... BLUFF!! A last desperate attempt to force the parents to "break"

Unless the parents break down and confess (maybe one turn on other) then I don't see a resolution any time soon?

I don't see an arrest even... at this stage ( like the Natalee Holloway disappearance) there is "no evidence of a crime". Nobody knows what the crime is, let alone who to charge.. and there is no evidence (that I know of) to gain a conviction should the case get as far as a Court. If there were an arrest, probable cause shown.. then PERHAPS the alleged perps would be more forthcoming? The whereabouts of the body may be revealed as part of a plea deal? I am not so sure about that. These days lawyers do (for most part) ensure clients stay silent... again referencing the Casey Anthony case... she NEVER revealed where she had dumped Caylee's body....she just kept on lying right up to the gallows platform.. and in the end scored an acquittal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:08 pm 

Finally I have my account sorted on this forum. Unfortunately it is late and I must work early tomorrow. However, I grew up next to Isaac Reinwand and have been following this case closely. While I do not currently know or associate with any of the involved parties I think I may be able to offer a unique and local view of what has been going on here in Rexburg / Idaho Falls since last summer surrounding this case.

I have no idea who did what or any evidence. I just know how much it has had an impact on our community and now the idea that the parents and/or Isaac are responsible has shocked the community into a paralysis of types.

Much money, effort, time and other resources we have all offered to find this boy.

Anyway I have a post to write up but it will be tomorrow before I get to it. Hello to the new community.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:43 am 

Vilt appears to be a bit of a nut.

Sheriff Bowerman, poor earnest soul, answering a nit wit is like chum in the water for them, the good sheriff will have a million nits wits begging to be heard and validated. Good answer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:51 am 
ADMIN

Sheriff Bowerman has (apparently) agreed to do Websleuth radio interview with Tricia.

I am not a regular listener to websleuth radio............ :roll

But I might tune in to this one. Apparently it will be pre-recorded and aired 10:30 PM (EST) tomorrow night

Quote:
Thursday Jan 28th we'll discuss DeOrr Kunz with Sheriff Lynn Bowerman
True Crime Radio is now pre-recorded. The recorded version of the interview will be put up on THIS PAGE Thursday, January 28th around 10:30 Eastern.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showth ... n-Bowerman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:02 am 

There is no hope for the world Rumpole :(

Holy goodness. I vote zero confidence in the good sheriff :40

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:28 pm 
ADMIN

Sheriff on missing toddler DeOrr Kunz's parents: 'They know where he is absolutely'
By KBOI News Staff Tuesday, January 26th 2016

LEADORE, Idaho (KBOI) -- The Lemhi County Sheriff's Office has officially named the parents of missing toddler DeOrr Kunz as suspects in the boy's disappearance.

Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told KBOI 2News on Monday that Jessica Mitchell and DeOrr Kunz Sr., have been "less than truthful" with investigators during recent interviews.

"They are the top persons of interests," Bowerman said over the phone. "Does that mean they're suspects? Yeah I think so."

The boy has been missing since July 10 after he was last seen at his family's campsite at Timber Creek Campground, just south of the town of Leadore near the Montana border.

Bowerman says the couple agreed to a polygraph test, but when asked if they knew where there son was, red flags were raised.

"They are being less than truthful," Bowerman said. "They know something, I just don't know what they know. It causes me alarm. I believe they know where he is absolutely."

...more at link
http://kboi2.com/news/local/report-sher ... y-suspects

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:55 pm 

So here are my thoughts, opinions and general rambling and rants on this situation.

I grew up 1/8th mile from Isaac Reinwand. I am older than he is but did go to school with his siblings. While Isaac was always challenged mentally and does have a temper he was not known for any violence as a child. No real problems that I can recall as a kid. That could have easily changed as he matured into the man he is now. I don’t know him and I cannot say.
Flash to like 25 years later or something and here he is wrapped up in the middle of this mess. I am not going to offer theory or speculation on who did what or why. But let me just say that Isaac may have the characteristics and demeanor that makes it easy to imagine something like this happening but he DOES NOT have the capacity to cover it up. Not mentally, not physically and damn sure not financially.

Not without help at the very least.

Now I am scared that the real facts are worse than ever imagined.

So the community rallies to go find this lost boy. Due to the nature of our local area (if you have been using Google Earth you are getting an idea of how remote and rural this country is) we have some of the best search and rescue teams in the nation. Idaho, Wyoming and Montana are hard to beat when it comes to rescuing people out of the back country. Dead and alive. Fremont County for example has a larger search and rescue team than Idaho Falls does and they have very small population.

I mention search and rescue for a few reasons. People know how hard it is to confirm if the boy is still on the mountain. When our search and rescue teams report to law enforcement after weeks of searching (and calling in help from all neighboring counties and states) that the boy is not on the mountain and was not taken by a typical predator of the area (mountain lions, bears, wolves, coyotes all very common here) then you have to consider they are CORRECT.

Sure could they have missed a small body in that terrain. But when they find no signs at all they typically are on a cold trail. They have recovered children and game animals taken and buried by bears in the past. They find scent trails, articles of clothing, etc. I am not saying that they did not miss a body on the mountain side. I simply believe they didn’t. Not this time.

Around here it is RARE that a body is left on the mountain. It almost ALWAYS gets brought home. My most vivid memory was after FLIR and other methods found a snow machine at the bottom of the river and the river surface was layered with 8 inches of ice. They dove in and pulled it out. That took three weeks to rescue the survivors then get the bodies and then they even found all of the gear and machines!

/me takes breath

This probably makes no sense.

If you could see the amount of community effort to find that boy and the amount of resources (finances, time, etc.) we have all volunteered you can then understand why the entire valley is so desperate for answers. The announcement that his parents were official suspects rocked the community and now no one trusts anything. All efforts have come to a standstill. It has gone a bit crazy. As have I apparently.

I am going to try and gather my thoughts better but wanted to get all this out on the forum. Why? …v0v…

EDIT: (I made this right before I saw rumpole reply lol) If this sounds like I am taking the search efforts a bit personal keep in mind many of us locals have walked, worked on horseback, used our own resources under direction of officials AND donated money to the parents! So yeah it is a bit personal even though it should not be.

Last edited by WKC on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:07 pm 
ADMIN

THX WKC

I can see this a "personal" case for you. The "not knowing" is what fuels tension... there is something for the often talked about "closure" which will only come when more of the facts are known.

I am not jumping to any conclusions about Reiwand.. he LOOKS the part, BUT in my case I may even make extra effort to NOT just jump to the conclusion he is involved, but if more evidence indicates his involvement... so be it.

We all need "More information".. but I can never be down on LE keeping evidence to themselves.. I certainly dont expect them to feed the Social Media Mob..... just so long as THEY know what they are doing and are building on the info they have.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next