It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 pm 

Just to be clear. Isaac, Dad, Mom and Grandpa were only four with the boy. They ALL have to be put under the microscope. I fear involvement by more people than I ever dreamed would be willing to cover up the death of a child...

While our search and rescue teams are excellent our LE is local rural cowboys. We all are in reality. I hope that FBI is clearing everything as they usually have to help our local LE in these cases even if it were not mandated by law.

EDIT: Rural cowboys do a lot of things well. Paperwork and protocol is not one of them. Sometimes simple chain of evidence issues arise on the simplest of cases which is frustrating but we cannot have NYC detectives everywhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:20 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
THX WKC

We all need "More information".. but I can never be down on LE keeping evidence to themselves.. I certainly dont expect them to feed the Social Media Mob..... just so long as THEY know what they are doing and are building on the info they have.

Very well said. I hate to empty quote on a forum but you are on point with this statement good fellow!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:29 pm 
ADMIN

A reminder.
This may be total crap... or it may reveal some useful snippets. I Don't expect the Sheriff to "tell all" :cool

Sheriff Bowerman has (apparently) agreed to do Websleuth radio interview with Tricia.

I am not a regular listener to websleuth radio............ :roll

But I might tune in to this one. Apparently it will be pre-recorded and aired 10:30 PM (EST) tomorrow night

Quote:
Thursday Jan 28th we'll discuss DeOrr Kunz with Sheriff Lynn Bowerman
True Crime Radio is now pre-recorded. The recorded version of the interview will be put up on THIS PAGE Thursday, January 28th around 10:30 Eastern.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showth ... n-Bowerman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:47 pm 

Thank you SIR! I am for sure tuning in to listen to that. Should be in approximately 2.5 hours. Do I need to register account and such at the websleuths site I guess?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:49 pm 
ADMIN

I dont think you need to register... pretty sure you dont.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:14 am 
ADMIN

We have LIFT OFF......

Sheriff Lynn Bowerman Radio Archive Jan 2016

http://www.truecrimeradio.com/radio-arc ... -jan-2016/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:21 am 

So far this is embarrassing. This Sheriff should have at least one ace in the hole. He seems to be grasping at straws so far. Just 10 or so mins in but....

EDIT:

Local websites to watch as if you all do not know all ready:

www.localnews8.com

www.eastidahonews.com

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/

Last edited by WKC on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:22 am 
ADMIN

Right I'm not impressed.. nothing new at all?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:33 am 
ADMIN

Is he kidding?

A human hair seen on a shovel... but it BLEW AWAY when they (trained CSI investigators?) brought shovel out of the camper van. :wall

You cant make this stuff up :doh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:37 am 
ADMIN

I would say... no matter WHAT parents did (or didn't do).. if they just keep quiet they are home free.. there is no evidence of a crime.

Just MAYBE the body might be found.. some distance away.. but even then... no evidence as to what parents did. Even if body miraculously confirms a murder... it could have been some person other than parents who took the child.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:10 am 

Sadly after listening to this.... I have lost much hope. :(

That little boy deserves better damn it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:15 am 
ADMIN

WELL... that is 43 minutes and 51 seconds of my life I will never get back!! :doh

Especially the vomitous mutual admiration bit at the end... sickening!!

Patting themselves on the back for censoring and forbidding even legitimate "sleuthing" of the parents initially... and yet NOW with STILL no actual evidence the parents did anything .. they are quite happy to go at them as if they were guilty.. in TRUE LYNCH MOB style.. as is ALWAYS the case at True Gossip Forums.. they DECREE who is guilty.. and go after them. They DECREE who is a victim (or family member of victim).. and simply refuse to let people look at evidence about them (dispassionately)

Why bother? They KNOW who is guilty from the start :roll

Brings back all the BAD memories of the place.....Makes me want to vomit!! :NN20

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:21 am 

Agreed. What a pathetic interview. I am underwhelmed to say the least.

/me heads to google

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:25 am 
ADMIN

As far as the case itself goes..

The hosts were jostling each other to get a tongue in and be the biggest ass-licker of Sheriff Bowerman... despite the fact he was trotting out the same old CRAP investigation info as he did months ago.

I have the HIGHEST regard for the professionals and volunteers who went in and searched.. but the police investigation leaves a LOT to be desired.
Parents could (still could) have simply abandoned Deorr somewhere.. he could have been alive, though I doubt it. Too late now to wonder if parents told the truth initially. There is 5 feet of snow out there now!!!

No wonder Bowerman and the WS gals get on... they are all hampered by the SAME daft notion that you should go easy on parents and assume them to be victims. A more professional approach is to not rule out ANYBODY initially.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:01 am 

I am concerned and frightened that local police not understanding proper protocol on this level of investigation have simply not been able to prove a case.

It is hard to believe. But that appears to be the fact. Boy gone. No one accountable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:12 am 
ADMIN

I stand by my earlier assessment... the Sheriff has nothing.. other than a suspicion that parents guilty ( of something, he knows not what exactly)

The flurry of press releases is BLUFF... trying to spook one or both parents into "coming clean" Unless they do.. I dont see any progress unless the body is found (next spring).. and even then I see little hope of determining what happened, let alone enough evidence to charge the parents (or anybody else)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:34 am 
ADMIN

It is now nigh on impossible to NOT have a "Presumption of guilt" when it comes to the parents. I certainly have that feeling. Which is NOT a good way to assess a case, certainly not a trial where the cornerstone of Western Justice is the "Presumption of Innocence". A police investigation too needs to be done with an openness to all options rather than a blinkered view of person being guilty (or not guilty). Having said that, then of course cops eventually focus on a Prime Suspect.. but usually that happens when they have some evidence. Maybe in this case they have some they are not telling us about? But it does not seem likely. I cant think what it could be.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:38 am 

Rumpole wrote:
I stand by my earlier assessment... the Sheriff has nothing.. other than a suspicion that parents guilty ( of something, he knows not what exactly)

The flurry of press releases is BLUFF... trying to spook one or both parents into "coming clean" Unless they do.. I dont see any progress unless the body is found (next spring).. and even then I see little hope of determining what happened, let alone enough evidence to charge the parents (or anybody else)

Agreed all the recent releases were to try and spook someone into visiting location of body or confessing or giving something away in some fashion.

Grudgingly I have to agree you are on point with your opinion in whole. Given the terrain, the possibilities that the boy was removed from the mountain (in a cooler or a car seat ie: dead or alive) the chance of recovering remains that will prove anything pointing at one person is as unlikely as being attacked by a bull shark while wandering the Idaho desert.

/me depressed

/me pours glass of wine and says a prayer for little Deorr and the human race in general as we seem to be totally doomed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:27 pm 
ADMIN

I am struggling with this case.... just the basic timeline of events and some sort of working theory.. or a couple of possible alternatives.

Almost nothing is fixed. The Parents have outlined a basic description of events... which PRESUMABLY is backed up (to the extent they can) by GGP and Reinwand... but... we have not actually heard from GGP and Reinwand. However the Sheriff SEEMS to be accepting the basic outline that Deorr and parents went to store.. returned with Deorr... Deorr vanished.
Just as an aside: In this case "Abducted by Space Aliens" has a lot going for it.

So timeline as far as we know is:
1:10 (ish) arrive back from store
Parents and IR wander off (in separate directions).. leaving Deorr with GGP
1:30+ or later parents return. Deorr gone.
They search... and find no trace... Dad drives off in pickup (to get better phone signal)
2:38? BOTH parents make 911 calls
4:00 (ish) Cops arrive on scene. I THINK some SAR people arrived BEFORE the cops?

So I dont see where Klein gets his "4 hour window" from

The timeline in total is less than 3 hours ( 1:10 to 4:00).. and may be less if they returned from store more like 1:30 rather than 1:10

I cant imagine this (elaborate) story would be just to cover up an accidental death/negligence

I can (just) imagine a parent hitting a child.. causing death... not intentional as such. Maybe panicked into an elaborate cover up... but there would be some time from the event, thinking what to do.. then actually doing it.. which would all make this a TIGHT timeline... Dad would need to get a dead kid into his Truck without being seen... possible.. drive to where he dumped it/hid it/burried it.. then make 911 call.. KNOWING that he was calling down upon himself a magor police presence and professional SAR etc.. that doesnt make any sense.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:01 pm 

This is why I joined this forum.

I agree. Things do not add up. However, assuming the body was disposed (due to homicide) they would have had much more time to think about a plan and dispose of the body. It appears that they were scrambling.

So I wonder (am sure this has been mentioned) if they had some illegal drugs / alcohol and somehow were so messed up the kid truly did disappear.... or worse yet were so messed up they decided in a daze to end him. Second thought is if the boy accidentally got into the drugs or was injured/killed due to an obvious direct result of parents being under the influence that then the scramble began.

I dunno... but thanks so much for at least keeping some thoughts going. Hopefully we suddenly hear about arrests all around and how they are all doomed because LE has actual evidence and intel to prove something rather than simply speculate.

EDIT: SAR volunteers were first on scene but no officials (and it was fish and game I think who made first contact) made it until after 16:00 according to my knowledge. At that point it was only short time prior to sunset. In the mountains it gets dark earlier sometimes.... we are weird like that up here at 5000 feet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next