It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:31 pm 

I hope this helps them find the boy, but I still am suspicious of the family. Rumpy, refresh my memory. Didn't the Anthonys hire a private detective too? (Even though Kaylee supposedly drowned in the pool?!)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:03 am 
ADMIN

That's Caylee with a C Mal :doh

Yes there was a dubious private Dick and his assistance in the Ant case. I think they knew more... were allowed to get away with not revealing it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:08 am 
ADMIN

Kunz family re-enacts toddler's disappearance
Luke Jones
POSTED: 09:57 AM MDT Sep 15, 2015 UPDATED: 10:23 PM MDT Sep 15, 2015

LEMHI COUNTY, Idaho - The parents of missing 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr. as well as a private investigator and a Lemhi County Sheriff's deputy spent Monday afternoon re-enacting Kunz's disappearance at the Timber Creek Campground southwest of Leadore.

Kunz went missing at the site on July 10.

Frank Vilt, the private detective who's been looking into the case, said the purpose of the re-enactment was prove his theory that Kunz was abducted.

Vilt said Kunz's parents left him with his grandfather the morning of his disappearance while they went to scout fishing locations.

“The grandfather could have been distracted,” said Vilt.

...video at link
http://www.localnews8.com/news/kunz-fam ... e/35281146

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:07 pm 

From Rumpole's link;

As part of the re-enactment, Vilt used a girl around Kunz's age to demonstrate how easy it would be for someone to abduct a child from the remote campsite.

“This gentleman who was camping here went inside his trailer just for a moment and I just walked up and took the child, the child came with me,” said Vilt.

After Monday's exercise, Vilt said he's more sure than ever that Kunz was abducted and that Kunz's parents had nothing to do with his disappearance as some have suggested.

“Very small time window of time, but I feel that he was abducted. At least you can't disprove that he wasn't abducted,” said Vilt.

Well there is a real vote of confidence.

And who the hell allows their daughter to be part of Vilt's experiment.

Good Gravy!

:smoke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:28 pm 
ADMIN

Hi Carm....

Yes Vit seems a bit of a loon to me.

What he describes was not using a girl (knowingly) in his enactment, but a silly stunt.
YES.. kids can be enticed by strangers.. sadly, but that is well known already. It does NOT advance this case to show that.. once again. We already knew that. All the arguments against (and for) abduction being likely in this case remain unchanged.

I can see some slight use in the reenactment, but like all "reenactments" it's a bit of a long shot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:10 am 

Hi Rumpole :69

I would concur that Vit seems to be a bit of a loon :98 . And I agree the reenactment was likely an exercise in futility. I want to know what twit allowed Vit use their small child in the scenario he set up :94

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:34 pm 
ADMIN

Searchers encourage tips be directed to law enforcement
Staff Writer
POSTED: 04:21 PM MDT Sep 17, 2015 UPDATED: 04:58 PM MDT Sep 17, 2015

SALMON, Idaho - The Lemhi County Sheriff's office investigation into the July 10th disappearance of 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz continues with no sign of the boy.

Bonneville County Sheriff Paul Wilde and Lemhi County Chief Deputy Steve Penner want to make sure all tips regarding the case are directed to the Idaho State Police Fusion Center.

The criminal intelligence center is an investigative arm of the Idaho State Police that integrates, analyzes, and disseminates criminal intelligence to a wide range of federal and state agencies.

The sheriff's offices are concerned that if tips are directed solely to a private investigator, valuable information that could solve the case may be overlooked.

...more at link
http://www.localnews8.com/news/searcher ... t/35332252

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:47 am 

New developments in the case of missing 2-year-old boy

By Kim Fields | KTVB.com | October 6, 2015

BOISE -- Saturday will mark the three-month anniversary of DeOrr Kunz Jr.'s disappearance. DeOrr's parents reported the two-year-old missing on July 10th while camping in Lemhi County.

Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman says his office, along with other agencies in eastern Idaho, went back to the remote campground just this past weekend for another search.

Bowerman is in Boise this week for a missing children training seminar put on by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Bowerman told KTVB the grid search involved animal feces identification, also known as scat, to help rule out abduction by animal.

There were reports bears or mountain lions could have been in the camping area at the time DeOrr disappeared, but Bowerman says those animals bury their prey nearby. And his search found nothing.

"We've found not one article that would indicate abduction either by animal or person," said Bowerman.

However, Bowerman went on to say he is not ruling out the possibility of abduction by person or animal.

More at link (video): http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/2015/10/06/new-developments-in-missing-2-year-old-deorr-kunz-jr-case/73483858/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:24 pm 

FILM CREW PRODUCING DOCUMENTARY ON MISSING DEORR KUNZ JR.

By Nate Eaton | Eastidahonews.com | October 6, 2015

IDAHO FALLS – An independent Colorado film crew working on a documentary about missing children has been in Idaho Falls the past few days interviewing people close to DeOrr Kunz Jr.

[...]
The film crew spent hours with DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, Deorr Jr.’s parents. Both agreed to go on-camera and share their story in their first interview since speaking with EastIdahoNews.com.

Filmmakers also conducted an on-camera interview with Isaac Reinwand, a friend who was camping with the family. Kunz’s twin sister, Tenisha Thompkins, and their father, also DeOrr Kunz, spoke with the filmmakers as did family friends Kelsey Olsen and Jamie Prestwich.

The producers plan to travel to Lemhi County Tuesday to visit Timber Creek Campground and interview Chief Deputy Steve Penner.

[...]
Film producers say one reason they are attracted to the Kunz case is because of the massive attention it’s received on social media. Thousands of messages from folks all over the world have been posted on Facebook.

Those interviewed for the documentary were not paid to participate. Completion and release dates for the documentary haven’t been released.

More at link: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/10/film-crew-producing-documentary-on-missing-deorr-kunz-jr/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:50 pm 

3 months, still no sign of missing toddler

By Chelsea Brentzel | LocalNews8.com | October 9, 2015

LEADORE, Idaho - After a three month investigation into the disappearance of 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr., law enforcement is going back to the drawing board and re-interviewing everyone involved that day.

Parents of the missing toddler say Timbercreek campground was the last place they saw him, July 10.

Lemhi and Bonneville county sheriff's offices have been working with the FBI.

Nearly 90 days, thousands of search hours, and hundreds of tips later, the whereabouts of the toddler still remains a mystery.

Phones are still ringing off the hook and flyers remain on the walls of Leadore's post office and gas station.

[...]
All four of the people at the campground that afternoon were interviewed by police.

They've also taken polygraph tests.

Now, the agencies are going back to square one.

Everyone is being re-interviewed, including the mother, father, the grandfather and a friend.

More at link: http://www.localnews8.com/news/3-months-still-no-sign-of-missing-toddler/35762562

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:49 pm 

BILLBOARDS FEATURING DEORR KUNZ GOING UP ACROSS IDAHO

By Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com | October 15th, 2015

IDAHO FALLS – Nearly a dozen billboards and digital readers featuring DeOrr Kunz Jr. are going up across Idaho as the search for the missing toddler continues.

Family and friends gathered Wednesday, Oct. 14 near Texas Roadhouse on 25th East in Idaho Falls as a large digital reader was placed near the restaurant. It reads: “DeOrr Kunz Jr. is still missing. Any info. 1-800-THE-LOST.”

The board was donated by Idaho Traffic Safety. Eddie Ruesga, a manager at Texas Roadhouse, said the restaurant was more than willing to have the reader placed in their parking lot.

“Texas Roadhouse will do anything we can do to help bring DeOrr home,” Ruesga said. “We’ll continue to pray and hope we can find junior.”

In addition to the digital reader, nearly $20,000 in electronic billboards will be lit up regionally, in Boise and across the state. Lamar Advertising is donating the space and said DeOrr’s image will stay lit as long as the company has unsold space on the signs.

[...]
DeOrr’s grandmother Trina Clegg, said she and DeOrr’s mother, Jessica Mitchell, spent the last few weekends traveling from Boise to Butte posting and handing out fliers featuring DeOrr’s photo.

More at link: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/10/billboards-featuring-deorr-kunz-going-up-across-idaho/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:46 pm 

Texas firm takes on DeOrr Kunz Jr. case
KTVB.com | November 23, 2015

BOISE - A Texas firm announced Monday that it has joined the search for an Idaho boy who disappeared while on a family camping trip this past summer.

Klein Investigations and Consulting of Nederland, Texas, said it was retained Monday afternoon in the case of DeOrr Kunz Jr.

The 2-year-old vanished July 10 while camping in Lemhi County.

Klein Investigations said it agreed to take on the case after a full review and visiting with two members of the family.

The firm said its team will be led by Sr. Investigator Philip R. Klein and other investigators from two states.

"This case is a very sensitive and highly volatile case which has many in the public very upset and vocal," Klein said in a news release."We want the public to know that we are coming into the case 'cold' with no preconceived ideas of notions. We will allow the evidence to take us where the evidence takes us. As with all cases we ask for the public's help if they have information that can help investigators."

More at link: http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2015/11/23/texas-firm-takes-deorr-kunz-jr-case/76282918/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:03 am 

DEORR KUNZ CASE TO BE FEATURED ON NANCY GRACE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
The Nancy Grace special is scheduled to air Thursday, Dec. 24 at 6:00 p.m. MST on HLN.
By EastIdahoNews.com | Updated at 2:26 pm, December 20th, 2015

IDAHO FALLS — It’s been nearly six months since DeOrr Kunz Jr. disappeared while camping with his parents, grandfather and a family friend in Leadore.

This week DeOrr’s story will be featured on a special episode of The Nancy Grace Show on HLN.

Earlier this year, Grace devoted segments of her popular TV show to the Kunz case.

In this new “Bring Them Home for Christmas” episode, Grace features several Americans who disappeared during 2015.

Grace interviewed EastIdahoNews.com reporter Nate Eaton, Lemhi County Sheriff Chief Deputy Steve Penner, private investigator Philip R. Klein and others during the DeOrr Kunz segment.

More at link: http://bit.ly/1m5OP8B

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:53 am 

Media Release – Sr. Investigator’s Statement
DeOrr Kunz, Jr. Missing Child Case
For Immediate Release – January 15, 2016

Nederland Texas – The following is a statement released by the Sr. Civil Investigator in the
DeOrr Kunz, Jr. missing child case.

STATEMENT(pdf)
http://assets.eastidahonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/16144520/D-Kunz-Media-Release-January-2016.pdf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:08 am 
ADMIN

Then its go me stuffed.

I dont see how parents could have hidden a body, let alone disposed of it with no trace later... given the timeline of events.

I still lean towards the child wandering off.. likely drowned and body in creek... but the body should have then been found?

I do not see how they can (with certainty) eliminate an animal "running off" with the body?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:34 am 

Private investigator: Charges could be filed in DeOrr Kunz Jr. case
By David Ashby | Idaho State Journal | January 21, 2016

The head of a private investigative firm hired by the family of a missing Idaho Falls toddler says he believes charges will be filed in the case.

Klein Investigations and Consulting reports that it will soon turn over the findings of its investigation into DeOrr Kunz Jr.’s disappearance to authorities in Lemhi County, where the 3-year-old boy was reported missing on July 10.

The firm has no control over what Lemhi County authorities will do after reviewing what the firm's private detectives have uncovered. But Klein’s chief executive officer, Philip Klein, said he believes “charges will be filed.”

“We can see the light at the end of the tunnel on this case," Klein told the Journal this week. "We believe we know how it happened, and we want to find out why it happened, and we want to find the body.”

More at link: http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/private-investigator-charges-could-be-filed-in-deorr-kunz-jr/article_40583c81-5442-5a27-ac37-ed9f662d7acb.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:23 pm 

Sounds like the police are looking at the family as in mom and dad.

The grandfather and the grandfather's friends simply are not competent witnesses from what I have seen and read. I thought the parents were evasive back during the interview I watched and the dad kept talking over the mom. Plus I think the PI who the family hired was a dope.

But that is all from my memory.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:40 pm 

You're right, Carm :(

Sheriff names parents suspects in disappearance of Idaho toddler
CBSNews.com | January 25, 2016

SALMON, Idaho -- A central Idaho sheriff announced Monday that the parents of a 2-year-old boy who went missing in July are suspects in the disappearance.

Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman says Jessica Mitchell and DeOrr Kunz Sr. have been "less than truthful."

"They are the top persons of interest," Bowerman told CBS affiliate KBOI. "Does that mean they're suspects? Yeah I think so."
[...]
Bowerman says that he believes the parents know the location of DeOrr Kunz Jr. and whether he's dead or alive.

"They know something, I just don't know what they know," he told the station. "It causes me alarm. I believe they know where he is absolutely."

Bowerman says the couple has not been arrested and no warrants have been issued.

More at link: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sheriff-names-parents-suspects-in-disappearance-of-idaho-toddler-deorr-kunz/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:56 pm 
ADMIN

THX Molly

That to me seems..... NUTS!!!

At the time I (we) first read of this case.. I know a lot of people suspected the parents.. and personally I ALWAYS look to those closest to a dead or missing person.. if only to "eliminate them from inquiries"

In this case... with the child missing initially.. possibly still alive... as I said... the parents should have been GRILLED mercilessly if there was any chance they were involved. At that stage minutes and certainly hours MATTERED if the parents had abandoned the child somewhere. From what I recall of the case, IF the parents are involved, they must have abandoned the child/disposed of the body away from the camping ground. The cops (and soon search teams) were all over the camp ground as soon as the child was reported "missing"

The fact that the cops "let the parents go"... even while huge searches and investigation were getting underway/being stepped up led me to believe, the cops had at least eliminated the possibility that the parents abandoned the child away from the camp site(or killed, or at least left a dead body somewhere)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:21 pm 

Molly wrote:
SALMON, Idaho -- A central Idaho sheriff announced Monday that the parents of a 2-year-old boy who went missing in July are suspects in the disappearance.

If they are guilty, hang 'em high :WW . The parents were never credible and the two wiggle brains they cajoled as witnesses spoke more to the parents having harmed that little boy than not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next